Jul 2017
who do you like more Natsume or Komiya
Dec 29, 2017 6:17 PM
Aug 2012
Fuck Natsume she is so useless, why did they do that, I'm so mad
Dec 29, 2017 7:04 PM

Feb 2015
Komiya no question.

I think a lot of us, as viewers, with the burden of perspective can't really like Natsume too much because it really feels like she's settling for Eita.
Her switch between her previous crush and Eita just felt like her giving up and settling for the next best thing, where as Komiya seemed solely interested in him.
Thus her 'love' felt a lot more genuine.

Perhaps if we didn't know that Natsume's previous crush persisted into the current timeline of the anime or we didn't know who it was, or if it were Komiya with similar circumstances the feelings would be different.

But given all we know, I think it's obvious almost everyone will prefer Komiya.
Dec 29, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2014
How the fuck are we supposed to like Natsume? She's grumpy, jealous, indecisive, secretive... She looked sad, annoyed or angry in every scene she appeared.
Dec 29, 2017 8:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I really dont know how people like Natsume.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 30, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2008
Eh... another topic "who should end up with aka. who is better girl?"

Oh... well.

Natsume, just because... they are created to be together.

Komiya, was nice character and her falling in love with Eita was unnecessary and ruin her character from me.
Dec 30, 2017 12:57 AM

Apr 2016
Tenth episode i like the most, cause i dropped it there.
Dec 30, 2017 2:03 AM

May 2016
Komiya for sure.

Natsume is so average.
Dec 30, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2015
Johnny-Jay said:
How the fuck are we supposed to like Natsume? She's grumpy, jealous, indecisive, secretive... She looked sad, annoyed or angry in every scene she appeared.

EXACTLY. I am still salty about how it ended. There was never anything positive I could get out of her character and yet Izumi never stopped pining after her.
Dec 30, 2017 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Really mad at the main protagonist for choosing Natsume . Seriously, she only liked him is because she found out he had a crush or else she wont even have notice.

Seriously this anime isnt even worth my time after the last episode and Komiya should of been picked
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 6:18 AM

Oct 2013
Komiya of course. Mio seemed shallow for immediately switching her admiration from Souta to Eita, once Souta had confessed to Trumpet Grill. I suspect that Mio knew that Eita liked her since middle school.

Who could resist Komiya? always trying to smile through her slightly sad expression.
Dec 31, 2017 3:22 AM

Nov 2014
idk why i prefer natsume to ends with eita tho XD
Feb 3, 2019 4:18 PM

Nov 2016
I'm going with Komiya. Her progression with Eita was way better than Natsume/Eita. As mentioned by another individual in this post, she seemed shallow for immediately switching from Haruto to Eita, just like that. That's exactly what I was thinking when she tells the musician girl that she actually likes someone else. Throughout the episodes we are given more interactions between Eita & Komiya. Along with the fact that Natsume didn't really have any good moments with Eita that I can even recall. Every time I saw Natsume make her usual pissy face, I face-palmed.

I felt that he should have just come to the realization that his love for Natsume was something that he had carried on from his middle school days. Especially when you have someone like Komiya who's not treating you like a third wheel or just outright being mean. They really tried to get us to buy into the shipping during the last 2-3 episodes with Eita/Natsume recalling their fight. Seriously, Komiya's energetic personality was refreshing for this anime.
Oct 23, 2019 1:33 AM

Sep 2007
I'm not sure what the issue is here. Izumi has loved Mio since middle school and it's now reciprocated. Mio's love for Souta was an infatuation based on a single event whereas her continued interaction with Izumi over the course of the series led to the development of more genuine deeper feelings.

I have no problem with this.

Jan 7, 2020 11:46 AM

Sep 2019
I really like Komiya but Natsume was the option he choose, because that is where his feelings where at, he had a crush on her for years, sometimes in life you are just too late but do shit no matter what which is what Komiya did, she decided to hurt herself knowing from the start the decision was likely to not change, if the guy went as far as studing to apply to her school of choosing do you really thing he is not serious about this? he could be acting compulsively but I'm pretty sure he isn't a character that is like that at all. So idk why so many people make ships and shit with this anime specifically, i do think this anime treats itself kinda seriously, but I get why Komiya was the one people wanted, she was sweet with Izumi, and everything, but he already made up his mind long ago, and changing something like that is hard giving the fact shit like this do happen in reality because i know a case or 2 that happened around my friend circles that is why i understand his decision .
Jan 13, 2020 1:00 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This isn't about which girl you yourself like more, this is about who's more fit with the Izumi.
What's up with the haters for Natsume here?

You got one girl who's diligent about her future and the other who's slacking off with all the free time to flirt.
Obviously, the happy ending is where both of them reunite again after graduation. This is Japan we're talking about btw.

Even if he were to pick Komiya, their relationship wouldn't last because of the distance between them after graduation. If you remember the first episode where he reunite with his best friend, they stop talking with each other after a month. This is reality.
Travel fee ain't cheap in Japan and continue to accumulate throughout the year. They even mention it for Souma x Morikawa that why they push back their possibility of dating until she's adjust or graduated from college.
Additionally, Izumi had feeling for Natsume before he met Komiya so it wouldn't go away. He go out his way to help her get to the exam center.

This ain't about fav waifu shipping.
Fuwa_sanJan 13, 2020 1:56 AM
Feb 2, 2020 11:46 AM
Nov 2019
xkazutox said:
This isn't about which girl you yourself like more, this is about who's more fit with the Izumi.

You got one girl who's diligent about her future and the other who's slacking off with all the free time to flirt...

Sound argument.
Or so I may have thought.
I mean how can you tell who is more fitting for Izumi??? What are you?? Fortune teller? Next up; you are seriously arguing that couples cannot exist at far distances? Hell Toradora ending, hello Shoma (this anime).
Also because he stopped talking to his friend means he will do the same for his girlfriend? Hell I have been talking to some people (online) that I haven't seen for the last 8 years.
The only good point is the feeling part; that makes sense.
I want to respond to the part where u said they mentioned something, but man I really don't understand you.
Feb 3, 2020 8:39 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
PhillipMannering said:
xkazutox said:

You got one girl who's diligent about her future and the other who's slacking off with all the free time to flirt...

Sound argument.
I mean how can you tell who is more fitting for Izumi??? What are you?? Fortune teller? Next up; you are seriously arguing that couples cannot exist at far distances? Hell Toradora ending, hello Shoma (this anime).
Also because he stopped talking to his friend means he will do the same for his girlfriend? Hell I have been talking to some people (online) that I haven't seen for the last 8 years.
I want to respond to the part where u said they mentioned something, but man I really don't understand you.

i say this because there was an anime that I watched right before i binge this series where 2 ppl started dating in HS setting. When the time skip happen, they were apart due to their career. Life happen you know.

Ask yourself this, do you think the majority of the people in real life reach out to their old friend from elementary/middle/highschool? I don't, so does a lot of people that I know. That's what the anime was trying to say.
It's a realm of possibility just like the other answer you're thinking about.

But the MC and the heroine already have mutual feeling. The other girl is just one sided feeling, no point in pushing the MC to that directing as people were saying.
Feb 13, 2020 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
Ena because she's fun and understand him perfectly, but what can you do, he really loved natsume and he got that fat chance to be with his beloved. It's better this way, at least he was honest with his feelings and treated ena correctly.
Mar 6, 2020 9:01 AM
Oct 2012
agreed with the one above me, he cares more about natsume more than the tomboy and he's been that way since middle school all the way to university.

On the contrary i would find it strange if the story goes with the other girl. That's what I'd call 5cm/sec all over again
Apr 25, 2020 8:37 AM
Dec 2018
Not even close, Ena is everything Mio is not and is kind, caring, generous and thoughtful, if a little oppressive.

She had a crush and came on a bit strong but she was still mindful of his feelings. Mio had to see her crush turn to someone else before she even considered Izumi. And before she ruled out Soma she had the nerve to warn Ena off Izumi. And what did she like about Izumi? The fact that he used to help her out all the time, the thing that reminded her that he was 'important' to her was watching some other guy on the train being a slave for his partner, carrying a huge bag. At no point did she ever acknowledge anything about him apart from what he did for her. Ena became attracted to his introverted personality and dry sense of humor and liked him for who he was. She also offered him far more support and devotion.
Apr 25, 2020 8:40 AM
Dec 2018
xkazutox said:
PhillipMannering said:

Sound argument.

i say this because there was an anime that I watched right before i binge this series where 2 ppl started dating in HS setting. When the time skip happen, they were apart due to their career. Life happen you know.

Ask yourself this, do you think the majority of the people in real life reach out to their old friend from elementary/middle/highschool? I don't, so does a lot of people that I know. That's what the anime was trying to say.
It's a realm of possibility just like the other answer you're thinking about.

But the MC and the heroine already have mutual feeling. The other girl is just one sided feeling, no point in pushing the MC to that directing as people were saying.

No point pushing the MC or the writer anywhere, but it is reasonable to think that both the writer and the MC are idiots if they think that this constitutes a decent romance. Izumi was true to his feelings but his feelings suggest that he is a fool. Her feelings were so mutual that she argued with him a couple of times when anything with her original crush came up, she pretty much said that he was irrelevant, she then didn't tell him that she was thinking of going to the same school as him, that would have saved a lot of trouble, she didn't contact him for a month after he missed her after graduation. Seems to me that the main reasons for her liking him was that her crush liked someone else, he used to carry her stuff for her when they were young and helped her get to her exam and, finally, she saw that someone else liked him and didn't want to end up with no one even though she hadn't put in any effort. He'd been away for a few years, she didn't seem that excited to see him, she was still looking at his friend. Would have been justice if Izumi had passed the other exam, pointless plot twist, and they'd ended up in opposite schools. Would she have contacted him when she found he wasn't there? Who knows?
Gab5Apr 25, 2020 8:46 AM
May 15, 2020 2:19 AM
May 2020
Komiya. THE Worst Ending :'(
May 20, 2020 5:02 PM
May 2020
A few years late but I would choose Mio. Though, she is a complicated person, I personally prefer her character in comparison to Komiya, who is honest but pushy. Some might claim that she liked Eita due to their experiences together, but you couldn't blame Mio for liking Eita for the same reason as well. If it is only a matter of sincerity, Komiya would definitely win.
Jun 10, 2020 4:24 PM
Apr 2019
I've liked Natsume from the first episode, so no regrets here.
Oct 10, 2020 1:52 AM
Jan 2017
I found komiya to be loud and obnoxious. The way she jumps onto people and how she has to get what she wants. She sounds like a child. Its really annoying. I've meet people like her irl and to be honest I don't really like those types of people.
Feb 12, 2021 1:05 AM

Aug 2014
in real life, A girl liked Natsume would never liked the transfer student since she never liked him once in her life. If a girl doesnt like you from the beginning, she will never like you. PERIOD

Komiya was the best girl. And she had the best figure with those melons of hers. There is nothing more attractive than when a girl is aggressive of her pursuit of a guy she likes.
Mar 15, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2018
This is one of the rare anime that repudiate one of the rule of romance animes which is that childhood friends never win. Well idk if middle school counts as one. Still, my heart broke when she cries, the va did a great job.
Mar 26, 2021 4:10 PM

May 2016
I'm gonna drop this but I finished episode 3 and I don't know how all you like komiya she keeps shoving herself in the dudes face. Natsume way better.
Aug 7, 2021 8:10 AM
Feb 2021
I don't know how to react to this post i don't hate Komiya or anything like that

But Eita had crush on Natsume since midschool
And Natsume realises whom she actually likes ..

Until last moment eita doesn't know whether Natsume have feelings for him.
He just proposed to get his load off .. I really like this show enjoyed the ending

But Komiya crying made me sad . I love both the characters ..Komiya x Yuigahama same vibes ;(
Aug 18, 2021 3:43 PM
Aug 2021
Ofc Komiya because I feel like her love Eita is more genuine than Netsume and better peronality generally.
Aug 25, 2021 8:43 PM

May 2020
Don't get the hype for Komiya, she's obnoxious. Natsume all the way. I loved the ending.
Aug 28, 2021 9:32 PM
Jun 2020
i like this eita ending up with natsume because when komiya asks natsume for the permission to date eita, she just replied "no"without even thinking. it just gives the wibe that she will not ever give up eita to anyone. a strong feeling of her wanting him was shown their. she doesn't want to give up her feelings to anyone else anymore. their is one more reson, from the start i knew natsume and eita was a better pair because they were always giving off a solitude wibe. they both seems so empty inside.
Sep 13, 2021 12:50 PM
Mar 2020
Komiya ...I don't care also I like her English Va so that's another reason ...also idc why u do komiya like that? Bastards
Sep 14, 2021 11:26 AM
Jul 2021
I guess I am very late ,however I will answer ,both of them actually! Each one of them has her uniques personality with good sides and downsides.actually,they are polar opposites,natsume is introverted,secretive,collected and kinda shy,while Komiya "who is an ENFP like me" is very loud,extriverted,funny and spontaneous! I loved both of them,and even Eita loved Komiya "as a person",he praised her many times and they have a cool chemistry ,BUT the heart wants what it wantsand Eita loves Natsume, simply like this ! You don't have any reason to fall in love with anyone it's mostly an emotional unintended feeling not a rational thing
May 11, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
I found both with qualities and defaults. Komiya is lively but a bit pushy and she pursued Eita even though she knew he had a crush on Natsume and also the Natsume started to have same feelings for him. Natsume is a lot more subdued indeed because she's going to difficult times (studies and seeing the man she thinks she loves have a crush on another girl) but her personality is not limited to what we see of her with her friends. Obviously, in the scenes where she's younger and also with her sister, it's pretty obvious she can also be lively. And quite strong-minded since, even though she denies it twice, it's perfectly obvious she tried Joei to be in the same university as Eita and that quite a lot more an achievement. Personally, I liked it that way more than I would have like Eita ending with Komiya. I like Eita saying he loves Natsume because of her awkwardness. When you've been loving someone for a long time, you often end up loving their defaults as much as their qualities and this seems to me a good illustration of that idea. Komiya is obviously a good friend for Eita, but good friends are not always the one you fall in love with.
Jun 13, 2022 10:34 PM

Jun 2010
Komiya put in all the effort here and had very strong true feelings for him as well, but lost out to the childhood friend.. She deserved better. t_t (like never being put into the story as the 'other girl' to begin with.) Natsume was also a match for MC, and was the object of MC's feelings for a long time. So it's really hard to vote against her as well. This is one of those cases where both girls are truly deserving the happy ending.

Why can't it just be both? lol :/
Jun 27, 2022 7:37 PM
Feb 2021
Natsume for sure ez claps

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.