Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2017 5:28 AM
Oct 2013
link9us said:
You guys have to remember though with new straw hat members comes new possibilities for increasing size of ship to house those new members so the prospect of a new ship coming into the story is not that unlikely. I really don't think oda plans for luffy and his crew to have the thousand sunny at the end of the story either. Especially if he's going to be pirate king level at some point.

Speaking in terms of BM for a second, if there is one thing we have all learned bout the way oda writes his story, is he is no hiro mashima. He does not indirectly or diectly kill his characters off or writes them out of the story. I think this is the introductory arc of Big mom, nothing more. I am sure oda will incorporate BM into the larger part of the narrative and we will actually get to see some major progression with BM her self in future arcs. I think we will eventually get to witness the yonko's true potential in the truest sense of the word. We just have to be a bit more patient

The Strawhats getting a new ship has a 0% chance. It´s been confirmed by Oda in an interview, that he won´t introduce a new ship hence why he introduced Adam Wood.

The man keeps selling us fake tension since half a decade now and the dying Nakama power fueled ship is by far the worst piece of shit he just throw on the table and fed his audience, why would he repeat it?
IsterioDec 30, 2017 8:47 AM
Dec 30, 2017 4:56 PM

Jul 2014
Jinbe and Brook were the stars of this chapter, goddamn! :O
ColdJesterDec 30, 2017 5:00 PM
Dec 31, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
It took me 4 months and a half, but I finally caught up to One Piece! Oh man, that was one hell of a ride, now it's time to wait for more.
Dec 31, 2017 3:03 PM
Dec 2017
Umm it just me or i dont see anyone mention BM weaker and can get pushed by Jinbe because she soaked with water.. I mean cmon she is DF-user.. dont forget the basic rule.
Dec 31, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2015
the action is pretty good but the story has no significant progress.
I think more than 10 years OP will end
Jan 1, 2018 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
Nami just keeps getting better XD
Jinbei is pretty strong, he did survive akainu's attack after all.
Jan 1, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
Wow Big Mom is so scary:D Jinbe again show us how to be badass. That why i glad to see him in crew.
Jan 1, 2018 5:35 PM
Oct 2016
This was an amazing chapter, it just shows how strong and smart the straw hat crew is without them doing something they obviously can`t do.
Jan 1, 2018 8:18 PM
Feb 2017
Abayo said:
SuperRed said:

Because Big Mom is weaker and skinnier than usual? It's not like she received any actual damage either.

As for the homies, the Strawhats are lucky they have powers that are a good match against them.

She is skinnier but I don’t know about weaker... In fact, the last chapter she looked stronger than her usual self. Even if she was weaker, which again I don’t think is the case, she should still be able to block or avoid Jinbes attack. Jinbe is strong in his own right, sure, but we were lead to believe the difference between them is overwhelming. For instance, Katakuri is a lot stronger than Jinbe, and Big Mom is leagues above Katakuri.

It’s true it didn’t damage her but it shouldn’t have hit or pushed her back into the water. Jinbe should have neither the speed nor strength to do this, it massively downplays Big Mom and it’s not consistent with her feats and position as a yonko. I honestly hope this is not a warmup for a bigger asspull with Luffy vs Katakuri.

Not necessarily a good match, though an author can always make it look that way. Prometheus and Zeus could simply burn and electrify them. Alternatively, Big Mom herself could curb stomp them - on this point, it’s hard to believe Choppers guard point can tank Big Moms slam. Still, to me, it’s harder to believe Brooke has the speed to cut Zeus in half (they had never been damaged before, and surely they have faced opponents and swordsmen much much stronger and faster than Brooke).

Pardon me,
Do you remember how Jimbei fought Luffy at Fishman Island Arc?
how he hit Luffy (devil fruit user) and works despite not using armament Haki?
how can he do that and what trick behind those punches?
I think you figure it out, how he could push Big Mom back from Sunny (even though didn't put a scratch on her).
good luck!
Jan 1, 2018 10:31 PM
Nov 2017
Abayo said:
Xarvyn said:

What you just said is more on the bad writing side. Haki is something that everyone can use, so it would make sense that everyone who uses Haki has the same Haki weaknesses. You can still be mad and use Haki, but Big Mom's state is more on a mindless rampage level. I think you need to reread some chapters because they are pretty explanatory. Yes this is a battle shounen, but you need to pay attention sometimes when people are talking.
Why should everyone have the same haki weaknesses? I don't think she is mindless, she is conscious enough to understand the situation she is in, to communicate with people and even come up with plans like slicing the ship in half to discover the cake. Besides Katakuri was not mindless, so that didn't factor in his case. On the other hand, other characters have used haki when they were on a rampage, for instance Whitebeard after Ace died. So by that alone we can see that's a weakness not shared among every character, at least in respect to haki in general. Actually, it is funny that when you think about it the first times Luffy ever used haki happened at times he lost control of himself when his anger or frustration reached peak, so much so he wouldn't even understand what happened.

When Rayleigh explained Haki to Luffy, he made mention of the fact that because of his mindlessness he couldn't control his Haki. Dogtooth explained that without a focused mind one cannot control their Haki.

Your personal opinion doesn't override manga lore.

Big Mom was clearly shown to be coughing and sated to be having difficulties with her breathing. You are choosing to ignore established Manga facts.
Jan 3, 2018 7:22 PM

Dec 2014
Nami's sadist ism and brook pants obsession... never gets old
Jan 4, 2018 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
action chapter, surprisingly good....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
This arc is awesome, Big Mom is crazy badass, Pudding is hilarious, Brook is awesome, Carrot is awesome and now Nami is in buttrape mode.
Jan 27, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
Jinbei is simply a marvelous of character, taking that deadly slash from one of the four monsters that rule the new world and could still be able to retaliate by landing a blow to push Big Mom out of the ship. Although, I am a little bit concerned here... I cannot see his other hand anymore after that clash. Looks like Oda purposely drew it in a way to distract our eyes from seeing it but I just hope this is just me taking everything way too far; I hope Jinbei did not lose his hand or sustain a fatal damage here.
UpperCatJan 27, 2018 9:17 AM

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jan 28, 2018 10:53 AM
Jan 2017
is it just me or did Nami get even hotter in the last page
Feb 16, 2018 6:54 AM
Sep 2016
Isterio said:
The man keeps selling us fake tension since half a decade now and the dying Nakama power fueled ship is by far the worst piece of shit he just throw on the table and fed his audience, why would he repeat it?

You are really trying way too hard to be a contrarian my friend. Pretty much everyone and their grandmothers loved the whole Going Merry thing. People even cried for the death of a freaking boat. I actually feel sorry for you that you are unable the enjoy this undoubtedly great scene and one of the big highlights of this manga. Ah well, when I read your comments in the threads here it is pretty obvious to me that you are just desperately trying to nitpick the hell out of the most trivial things. It seems you can't stand the fact that you are in a very clear minority with your opinions about the quality of this manga. You are clearly biased when it comes to One Piece. You nitpick the hell out of it and at the same time you rate an extremely flawed manga like Naruto with a 10. lol Sorry, I will never be able to take you seriously. :)
Feb 18, 2018 4:14 AM

Jun 2008
link9us said:
You guys have to remember though with new straw hat members comes new possibilities for increasing size of ship to house those new members so the prospect of a new ship coming into the story is not that unlikely. I really don't think oda plans for luffy and his crew to have the thousand sunny at the end of the story either. Especially if he's going to be pirate king level at some point.

I disagree with that. the ship is quite big with plenty of rooms and this ship isn't like the Going Merry because when it was made it was said that it was the dream ship Franky wanted to make for the pirate king made from the wood of the world tree or something so it a very special ship that is supposed to help them until the end.
The first ship was just a small ship that the friend of Ussop gave them since they had nothing and had no special feature.
There is a lot of difference there.
MonadFeb 19, 2018 2:24 AM
Feb 18, 2018 1:49 PM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
link9us said:

I disagree with that. the ship is quite big with plenty of rooms and this ship isn't like the Sunny because when it was made it was said that it was the dream ship Franky wanted to make for the pirate king made from the wood of the world tree or something so it a very special ship that is supposed to help them until the end.
The first ship was just a small ship that the friend of Ussop gave them since they had nothing and had no special feature.

yeah but i just still can't see them using just one ship for there motley small crew during the final war. I think really oda has in his mind that the straw hats eventually will emmasse there own entire fleet of ships, possibly even commanding there own from the outset with alot of other ships in there fleet. This is what i honestly hope happens in the long run. There is alot of potential to make luffy and his crew truly worthy of its name the pirate king. Look at Gold Roger, look at whitebeard. Do you honestly think there just going to remain a tight-nit group of members on a dinky ship. I really don't think that is the case. The thousand sonny may survive the ordeal but it won't be the only ship at there disposal.

Feb 19, 2018 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
link9us said:
Monad said:

I disagree with that. the ship is quite big with plenty of rooms and this ship isn't like the Going Merry because when it was made it was said that it was the dream ship Franky wanted to make for the pirate king made from the wood of the world tree or something so it a very special ship that is supposed to help them until the end.

yeah but i just still can't see them using just one ship for there motley small crew during the final war. I think really oda has in his mind that the straw hats eventually will emmasse there own entire fleet of ships, possibly even commanding there own from the outset with alot of other ships in there fleet. This is what i honestly hope happens in the long run. There is alot of potential to make luffy and his crew truly worthy of its name the pirate king. Look at Gold Roger, look at whitebeard. Do you honestly think there just going to remain a tight-nit group of members on a dinky ship. I really don't think that is the case. The thousand sonny may survive the ordeal but it won't be the only ship at there disposal.

That is a different thing. Having a fleet doesn't change that the Sunny will still be their ship. the main members will still be on the Sunny. The others are just allies that come on the call of Luffy. Whitebeard had such a fleet when he attacked because he called all his allies. Luffy pretty much has already made that too to a certain degree with the Straw hat allied fleet we see on the opening pages of every chapter after Dressrosa.
Feb 20, 2018 8:17 PM

Dec 2014
holy shit, Big Mom has Rinnegan

SHs are fucked now
May 18, 2018 8:05 AM

Feb 2013
Scary stuff, she doesn't know when to give up.
Sep 23, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
Big Mom is taking quite the beating, yet she still continues.

Lol @ how intimidating Nami can be sometimes xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 28, 2019 1:18 PM
Oct 2011
Monad said:
link9us said:

That is a different thing. Having a fleet doesn't change that the Sunny will still be their ship. the main members will still be on the Sunny. The others are just allies that come on the call of Luffy. Whitebeard had such a fleet when he attacked because he called all his allies. Luffy pretty much has already made that too to a certain degree with the Straw hat allied fleet we see on the opening pages of every chapter after Dressrosa.
How about a third option. Upgrades for the Sunny?
Aug 15, 2022 12:19 AM

Nov 2020
that was a great teamwork
and finally big mama started to look a little bit cool
Nov 9, 2022 1:06 PM

May 2021
Zeus for new Straw Hat, please.

Jun 6, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2022
man the art in this arc is so slick. that panel of Big Mom getting ZEUS'ed really did it for me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

10 by wallus81 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.