Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2017 11:17 AM
Jun 2017
I just started reading this and I enjoy it a lot, but I saw that only five volumes were released in English. As the title says, does someone know what are the chances of this ever being fully translated?
Dec 28, 2017 11:31 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
There is a change you can find it online if you search hard, Otherwise the change is extraordinary low.

in 2020 the first Zero Seiki Movie will be released (the second in 2023 and the third in 2026). All 3 of the movies are related to this series because of the characters.

Maybe if people will like the movie and go back to watch everything related (The series is extremely big so I don't think anyone will) and want to read the manga there is a change, but keep it at 0,00001%.
Sorry to bring the bad news :3 (I'm a big fan of the anime series)
Dec 28, 2017 11:48 AM
Jun 2017
KushHaze said:
There is a change you can find it online if you search hard, Otherwise the change is extraordinary low.

in 2020 the first Zero Seiki Movie will be released (the second in 2023 and the third in 2026). All 3 of the movies are related to this series because of the characters.

Maybe if people will like the movie and go back to watch everything related (The series is extremely big so I don't think anyone will) and want to read the manga there is a change, but keep it at 0,00001%.
Sorry to bring the bad news :3 (I'm a big fan of the anime series)

That's a shame. I have planned to watch the show and movies in the future, just hoped I could read it as well, because it's a different experience and the artwork is stunning(I suppose there might be some stories that weren't adapted as well?). I did see there were movies planned, so even though it's an old series, that's the reason I decided to bring up the topic. Thought there might be some chance if there are still movies made about the characters so long after it's publish date.
synthackDec 28, 2017 11:58 AM
Jan 12, 2018 9:46 PM

May 2016
I am pretty sure that's not what you're searching for, but just in case I'll still let you know that the whole series has been licensed and translated in French a while ago.
Leiji Matsumoto's works got a lot of attention here, so a lot of them got released: Emeraldas, Herlock, even some of his one-shots.
It saddens me to see that it's so hard to find them in english, I can't even find raws for some. :/
Jan 28, 2018 10:15 AM
Jun 2017
Leupho said:
I am pretty sure that's not what you're searching for, but just in case I'll still let you know that the whole series has been licensed and translated in French a while ago.
Leiji Matsumoto's works got a lot of attention here, so a lot of them got released: Emeraldas, Herlock, even some of his one-shots.
It saddens me to see that it's so hard to find them in english, I can't even find raws for some. :/

Unfortunately I don't know French, but this is still good to know, thank you!
Aug 28, 2020 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
I too hope for a translation and am thinking of doing it myself given the absence of one (although it will likely take me a while).

I can say there are some stories in the manga that weren't adapted for the TV show; I'm assuming the TV show passed the manga at some point.
Sep 2, 2020 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
Quiddity131 said:
I too hope for a translation and am thinking of doing it myself given the absence of one (although it will likely take me a while).

I can say there are some stories in the manga that weren't adapted for the TV show; I'm assuming the TV show passed the manga at some point.

Correct. They caught up extremely quickly, which is why the TV series ended almost eight months before the manga. It didn't take long because the weekly chapters released were parts of one individual story (for example, chapter one was released over the span of three weeks, while in the TV version, it was simply one episode).
Mar 11, 2021 9:08 PM

May 2017
It's a hopeless situation but there's always the possibility that someone like Seven Seas or Kodansha will pick up the manga for an official English release. It's a bit strange it hasn't happened yet really, Galaxy Express isn't exactly a niche title within Leiji's works and Queen Emeraldas, Captain Harlock and Space Battleship Yamato have already received an English release.

I suppose this has to do with the fact that they're much shorter so even if sales aren't the best they're only making 1-3 volumes at most. Galaxy Express would be at the very least 6 volumes and on the other hand isn't as popular as Captain Harlock. Guess it does make sense why an official release hasn't happened, but it's never completely out of the picture. If MGS The Origin can get a 12 volume release with extremely high quality made books while being an already niche series and even more niche iteration of the show in the west I don't see why another miracle can't happen. Seven Seas recently licensed the original Lupin III manga so they definitely have their eyes on the classics, never know what could happen.
Atelier_WeissMar 11, 2021 9:11 PM
Mar 25, 2021 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
I could try to translate both Ginga Tetsudou 999 and the sequel Ginga Tetsudou 999 (1996) in the future. Both manga are fully translated in Russian which I can speak, so it would be a Japanese to Russian to English translation. If I'd do that it would probably be 1 chapter every week or two weeks, I've never translated a manga so I don't know how long it takes to translate a chapter. It's one of my favorite manga and if people want to read it, I could try to translate it in the future when I have more time.
Apr 8, 2021 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I have some time now. I've begun translating the manga. Chapter 1-47 were already translated, so I'll continue from chapter 48. I've released one new chapter. You can read it online on my blog Ginga Tetsudou 999. Baka Updates has accepted me as a new group, so you can look for updates there as well Baka Updates
I will try and translate 1 chapter per week. There are 94 chapters left if you include the sequel, so it will take me about 2 years.
removed-userMay 19, 2021 8:09 PM
May 13, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Small update: Instead of doing a chapter every week or two, I'll stop with the translation now and wait until I have a month where I'm completely free so I can translate the entire thing. A lot of the chapters in the second half of the manga are 40-70 pages long which takes a lot of time to translate. I would do it every week if all chapters were 20-30 pages, but it's hard to find the motivation when most of them are really big. So once I'm completely free, I'll do the entire thing in a few weeks
May 16, 2021 1:09 PM

Dec 2020
WuxianXiaozu said:
Small update: Instead of doing a chapter every week or two, I'll stop with the translation now and wait until I have a month where I'm completely free so I can translate the entire thing. A lot of the chapters in the second half of the manga are 40-70 pages long which takes a lot of time to translate. I would do it every week if all chapters were 20-30 pages, but it's hard to find the motivation when most of them are really big. So once I'm completely free, I'll do the entire thing in a few weeks

Thank you so much for translating this amazing series :)
:)
May 30, 2021 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
WuxianXiaozu said:

Thank you so much too for the translation!!!
May 30, 2021 9:08 PM
Dec 2017
0 to none given how the anime industry is a trend based indusrtry.

Jul 17, 2021 3:03 AM
Mar 2018
WuxianXiaozu said:
Well, I have some time now. I've begun translating the manga. Chapter 1-47 were already translated, so I'll continue from chapter 48. I've released one new chapter. You can read it online on my blog Ginga Tetsudou 999. Baka Updates has accepted me as a new group, so you can look for updates there as well Baka Updates
I will try and translate 1 chapter per week. There are 94 chapters left if you include the sequel, so it will take me about 2 years.

Thank you for this!
Jul 17, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2019
It has everything in English (hardsub) and also everything subtitled in Russian.
Aug 7, 2021 9:39 PM
May 2019
WuxianXiaozu said:

Thank you very much for doing this. I almost gave up on the manga and was thinking about looking out for the raws.
Aug 12, 2021 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
About 54 chapters have been translated till now. I'm pretty sure that the rest will get translated soon.
removed-userAug 12, 2021 6:11 AM
Feb 22, 2023 4:06 PM
Jan 2018
I wish anyone would translate the rest of the manga
Feb 24, 2023 9:36 PM
Nov 2022
Woobries said:
The original manga has 90 chapters, and 81 have been translated. It's close to being finished.
Feb 26, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
PorthosMoonPower said:
Woobries said:
The original manga has 90 chapters, and 81 have been translated. It's close to being finished.
Really looking forward to it.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.