Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2017 3:52 PM
Jun 2016
Octave_ said:
This shit is inexcusable, who calls it good romance must have something wrong in the head.
On one side you have Ena, who did everything she could to build her relationship with Eita. They spent like 4-5 episodes toward that. He was cold toward her at first, but he slowly warmed up to her. THAT'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. THAT'S HOW YOU DO ROMANCE.
On the other side you have Mio, who completely ignored Eita's existence for years and then suddenly she's head over heels for him (exactly when she lost Soma for good, how fucking convenient). They interact only once (the snowfall episode) and NEVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES.
They pulled the wallpaper thing to bring some shitty jealousy drama (he can't change the wallpaper? Give me a break). Then they don't talk, not even through LINE, for an entire month. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Am I supposed to like this couple? It's dogshit. It's boring. It's bland. It's uninteresting. It has no appeal.
I hope they both meet our good old friend Truck-kun.

If we could upvote post, i would upvote you
Sos_HelpDec 29, 2017 4:55 PM
Dec 29, 2017 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Brock from Pokemon is a friend of Eita? kkkkkkkkk

Natsume won! Yay! I really want a OVA showing their university life.
Very good anime. It was making me anxious for new episodes every week.
8/10.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Dec 29, 2017 4:48 PM
Aug 2015
Sos_Help said:
Octave_ said:
This shit is inexcusable, who calls it good romance must have something wrong in the head.
On one side you have Ena, who did everything she could to build her relationship with Eita. They spent like 4-5 episodes toward that. He was cold toward her at first, but he slowly warmed up to her. THAT'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. THAT'S HOW YOU DO ROMANCE.
On the other side you have Mio, who completely ignored Eita's existence for years and then suddenly she's head over heels for him (exactly when she lost Soma for good, how fucking convenient). They interact only once (the snowfall episode) and NEVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES.
They pulled the wallpaper thing to bring some shitty jealousy drama (he can't change the wallpaper? Give me a break). Then they don't talk, not even through LINE, for an entire month. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Am I supposed to like this couple? It's dogshit. It's boring. It's bland. It's uninteresting. It has no appeal.
I hope they both meet our good old friend Truck-kun.

If we could up vote comes i would upvote you

Same. Totally agree with you. And it’s not a question of taste. We like it or not. It’s a analysis. Based on facts.
This romance anime is so predictible. A trash.
Dec 29, 2017 5:08 PM
May 2013
don't be that guy who says his opinions are facts

just don't

let people enjoy things
Dec 29, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2017
Anyone else on Anime Strike! notice the text messages weren't translated? I had to surmise that Mio passed her exam at Eita's university and he failed. Right?
Dec 29, 2017 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
Signature quote is well enough to surmise....
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 29, 2017 5:48 PM
Apr 2017
I'm still unsatisfied with what happened with the ending feels like something is still lacking, I'm happy with they confessed to each other on the end but to think they should have added more drama from it tho.
Dec 29, 2017 5:50 PM

Dec 2014
Why didn't Eita reply and say "Yeah, I'll be there soon, albeit a little late." Instead he doesn't reply at all until she leaves. And even worse, Mio then ignores everything sent to her (for months I surmise) until a shocking ending was needed. The show tries to be 'realistic' but this irrational behaviour would literally never happen. I give it a 6, but it could have been so much more. I was excited every week to see if it would get better; if we would get some sort of progression. I was left with a half-baked show with little substance.

I can only hope that season 2 (if it's even coming) will be better, although I doubt it.
greenyxDec 29, 2017 6:10 PM
Dec 29, 2017 6:04 PM
Dec 2017
KouseiMiyazomo said:
I'm still unsatisfied with what happened with the ending feels like something is still lacking, I'm happy with they confessed to each other on the end but to think they should have added more drama from it tho.

True I feel the same way about it, especially it irritated me with that lousy reply from eita to Mio on the text message he could have replied better with it. Just saying
Dec 29, 2017 6:17 PM

May 2017
GreeneryRain said:
Why didn't Eita reply and say "Yeah, I'll be there soon, albeit a little late." Instead he doesn't reply at all until she leaves. And even worse, Mio then ignores everything sent to her (for months I surmise) until a shocking ending was needed. The show tries to be 'realistic' but this irrational behaviour would literally never happen. I give it a 6, but it could have been so much more. I was excited every week to see if it would get better; if we would get some sort of progression. I was left with a half-baked show with little substance.

I can only hope that season 2 (if it's even coming) will be better, although I doubt it.

Why do you think this behavior is unrealistic? They're teenagers. Their brains are not fully formed yet.
Dec 29, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 2015
tbh that was a pretty crap show.
Dec 29, 2017 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
GreeneryRain said:

After deciding to have the competition to go it took him what, 3 swings to get the home run? Not a long time. He then runs to the spot she mentions in her text but she’s not there and he then messages her. Makes sense to me, Eita had avoided Natsume for the whole day so it’s understandable that she gave up on the whole thing. Still shitty on her behalf though. Again, perfectly understandable because Natsume can be a bit of a bitch.

Overall I found the sequence believable. Natsume still was a bitch for not contacting Eita untill the first day of University but thats how she is. She’s lucky that Eita loves her despite her flaws, not that Eita doesn’t have some himself.
Dec 29, 2017 7:02 PM
Apr 2017
If this was ended right after Komiya's fail, and Eita's home run, I would give it 8/10, although it was quite predictable.

But the ending of Eita n Mio at the college is quite bad... I'm going to deduct 1 mark just for this unnecessary ending.
7/10
Dec 29, 2017 7:16 PM
Aug 2017
Seeing Komiya cry was heartbreaking.
Last minutes had tension and im glad it wasn't an open ending. Atleast Komiya was smiling in the last scene we saw her.

8/10
Dec 29, 2017 7:32 PM

Feb 2015
Man, that was bullshit. I get that I'm super bias but I can't give this more than a 7/10. I almost wanna give it less because it's obvious Komiya was 'best girl'. But I won't.

God dammit, fuck this shit. Komiya got robbed. It's not even that Komiya lost that irritates me. I just can't help but feel like Natsume settled. Also, fuck all these damn puns. It's also annoying how they kept the resolution till the damn credits. That's one thing that happens in a lot of romances that urks me.
Dec 29, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
ok...overall i enjoyed this for what it was HOWEVER holy balls can they give a worse ending for Komiya. the rejection is fine since its obvious where this show will go considering the key visual but for a good character as she is imo they made her suck at everything at the end. very hard to watch seeing her cry like that. at least she got her two buddies forever having her back for now, that counts for something.

not feeling the "you can guess where it goes from here" ending and the obvious ship. other than that big argument in the middle of the series, all i got from Mio and Eita was a "hey!...oh nevermind." kind of relationship despite showing some form of history between them.

im glad that Mio's trifling bitch of a friend ended up being a coward & not doing anything to fuck things up to make the show worse. but at the same time, im a lil disappointed nothing wcame out of that and basically wasting our time showing her scoff at Morikawa behind her back multiple times.
Dec 29, 2017 8:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Felt like a massive waste of time overall.
Shame, i had hope for this in the first half.

5/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 29, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
In the end Just because left me a mixed impression mainly my disappointment how the studio handle the casts, frankly the show kinda get dumber when triangle started. It was great around 1-6 episode ago. Haruto x Morikawa probably the only decent part which maintained this show alive.
I am glad with Eita x Mio won, Komiya x Eita would made this show unbearable funny.
Dec 29, 2017 9:09 PM
Apr 2015
Can anyone please translate the all the line messages in this episode. :'(
Dec 29, 2017 9:19 PM
Oct 2015
Little confused. Did they go to the same schools?
Dec 29, 2017 9:35 PM

Sep 2013
The greatest tragedy of 2017 and a true testament to the absolute shit taste of Japan.
Dec 30, 2017 12:05 AM

May 2015
Well that just happened. Feels like a typical romantic visual novel ending. And now we know why it's called "Just Because," just because!
Dec 30, 2017 12:23 AM

May 2009
Burguburu said:
I hate the ending. So sad that a good character like Komiya is wasted in this generic anime. Natsume did NOTHING to end with Eita unlike Komiya

That's wrong, she went to same collage as he.
Dec 30, 2017 12:40 AM

Dec 2013
It makes me wonder WTF director and writer-kun were thinking (if at all) with regard to Komiya's rejection, because that weeping scene was thuglife o.O. She shared the most and best romantic development with Eita, and they gave her the proverbial middle finger. No wonder this ep has the lowest poll numbers...
Dec 30, 2017 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Komiya's crying got me, considering I played Doki Doki's Literature Club the day before watching this episode I was already down.

A nice ending, and showcase of everyone at college. Hopefully we see an OVA.
Dec 30, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2017
Episode 1 kicked off the series very well with tons of hype, but subsequent episodes became quite mellow. It wasn't bad, just not quite what I expected based off episode 1. Nevertheless, I definitely appreciated the obvious changes and subtle gestures that show how each character is growing. It reminded me so much of myself and my friends through college and university.

7/10 for me, and deserves a Pilgrimage. Most of the scenes are shot in Fujisawa city, and episode 2-3 were on Enoshima Island.

Episode 12 really dipped on the art quality though. Many scenes really weirded me out.
Dec 30, 2017 2:09 AM

May 2016
First time i give a 5/10 in an anime.

I'm a "newbie", I only watched 90 animes, but for the first time, I felt bored and every episode was infinite.
This anime is the definition of average.

MC without character.
Natsume is boring.
Komiya best girl, but she's not counted.
Morikawa and the other guy... omg the cringe.

This is only my opinion: Ousama Game>Just Because
Dec 30, 2017 2:34 AM

Jan 2015
This is kind of expected. Eito was friendzoned by Mio as he was too keen and there was no spark for Mio to realize it. Came in Komiya and saved the whole situation by igniting some jealousy.

Was a nice and enjoyable, light anime. I guess this particular situation was well depicted.
Dec 30, 2017 2:38 AM

Aug 2017
bastek66 said:
Burguburu said:
I hate the ending. So sad that a good character like Komiya is wasted in this generic anime. Natsume did NOTHING to end with Eita unlike Komiya

And? She doesn't answer for 1 month!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 30, 2017 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
IMO it was average or it was a bit worse as the characters were bland other than Koyima and the main guy picked the wrong girl so not worth rewatching
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
Burguburu said:
bastek66 said:

Yep bit weird why she isnt answering and the dumb main guy should of picked Komiya
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
Painfully average. 5/10
Dec 30, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing the comments on the other thread they compare this anime to Tsuki ga Kirei which I just finished days ago.
So if this anime was indeed like Tsuki ga Kirei I won't watch this because I got enough of that "feels" this month.
And that makes me put this on my PTW list for the time being. (I'm gonna update this post when I finished watching it.)
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 30, 2017 5:08 AM
Dec 2017
AmirNajjar said:
... -Eita rejected ... -Natsume accepted

That plot device actually doesn't make sense. Mio was originally aiming for a lower prestiege university, while Eita had a recommendation for a more elite uni. Mio than tried to take an exam at Eita's choice, while Eita tried to take an exam at Mio's choice. Mio passed and succeeded in significantly "upgrading" her university, while Eita failed his exam which was clearly a downgrade. How is that possible, considering Eita had good grades and he was making a honest effort, since he was (falsely) believing he is taking that exam to be together with his beloved Mio?

(Compare that to e.g. Tsuki ga Kirei, where the boy's senior high school exam failure was foreseeable and logical, since he had poor grades yet aimed for a much more elite school just to be together with the girl.)

The whole exam failure plot reeks fabricated in Just Because, as well as the long lack of communication between the main characters. You need realistic substance even for a romance story.
Dec 30, 2017 5:13 AM

Nov 2016
It was an allright show overall which had trouble with keeping me interested in the events,but I'm still glad that I made it through it, since this final episode was actually pretty good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 30, 2017 5:27 AM
Jun 2017
Tacsk0 said:
AmirNajjar said:
... -Eita rejected ... -Natsume accepted

That plot device actually doesn't make sense. Mio was originally aiming for a lower prestiege university, while Eita had a recommendation for a more elite uni. Mio than tried to take an exam at Eita's choice, while Eita tried to take an exam at Mio's choice. Mio passed and succeeded in significantly "upgrading" her university, while Eita failed his exam which was clearly a downgrade. How is that possible, considering Eita had good grades and he was making a honest effort, since he was (falsely) believing he is taking that exam to be together with his beloved Mio?

(Compare that to e.g. Tsuki ga Kirei, where the boy's senior high school exam failure was foreseeable and logical, since he had poor grades yet aimed for a much more elite school just to be together with the girl.)

The whole exam failure plot reeks fabricated in Just Because, as well as the long lack of communication between the main characters. You need realistic substance even for a romance story.

Have you ever applied to college? Colleges don't have a test with a score only. There's an application, transcript, essays, etc...
You might be admitted into a top school while a lower school woudn't accept you. It's totally normal.
The plot makes sense, Thus.
Dec 30, 2017 5:38 AM
Jun 2017
pufonD said:
This is kind of expected. Eito was friendzoned by Mio as he was too keen and there was no spark for Mio to realize it. Came in Komiya and saved the whole situation by igniting some jealousy.

Was a nice and enjoyable, light anime. I guess this particular situation was well depicted.

I don't think it was completely due to Komiya's jealousy initiation. Mio started to "notith" Eita when he helped her on the center test. She was about to give up when he came and saved her. Then flashbacks started happening and she realized how much he cared for her.
Dec 30, 2017 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
The scene of the crushing of Komiya was excellent, though I prefer that she would win. Poor Komiya, but at least she saved the Photography Club. When the club members happen upon Komiya in tears and immediately turn around and leave without some fake comforting scene was perfect. What real people do in real life.

Another realistic scene was how that Mio and Eita had let the chance to confess slip away at graduation. IRL romantic scenes of one person chasing down the other, confessing, and walking off into the sunset hand-in-hand are rare as hen's teeth. The reuniting at college, though hurried in the last minute of this series, makes more sense.

I enjoyed this series 8/10 for me.
Dec 30, 2017 6:07 AM
Jun 2013
Good ending .. My girl ( Natsume ) won as expected, although I am sad for Ena.
I really wanted more of Natsume and Eita, not just the confession scene after a month of the graduation.. Overall, it was a good anime and I really enjoyed it 8/10
Dec 30, 2017 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
I actually like it. Much better than Gamers. Good job, Pine Jam. Please continue making romance.

Dec 30, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2015
They make happy ending in the worst way possible.

I mean come on Natsume don't contact you after your last reply, then they meet and just saying I like you and I like you too without any emotion then they end it there so no hug kiss or whatever.

Not to mention the face look weird on this episode.
Into the Internet!
Dec 30, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2008
xKoohii97 said:
AAAAAH!!! KOMIYA!!! WHY EITA!!!!
I could not handle that rejection, I was udderly defeated and left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

this reminds of rem and emilia...

another guy who misses the best girl...
oh well, i already knew, still, i dunno why but i enjoyed this show, oh wait i know why, just because (at least that was my response everytime someone asked me why i wast watching it) not going to miss this...more accurately, not going to miss eita and mio, the rest of the cast was good
Zero_r2Dec 30, 2017 9:25 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 30, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2015
It was neither outstanding nor dreadful... It was just average within its own genre(s). My main problem was the characters and how bland they felt; I just couldn’t get myself to care about any of them.

I was never emotionally involve while watching it. I doubt I will remember it after a couple of months.

5/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 30, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2009
Burguburu said:
bastek66 said:

That's typical bullshitery of japanese romances. Either you bear with it or drop whole genre for good.
Dec 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Dec 2013
NOOOOOOOO!!!! This show could have been the one. I swear if the MC would have ended up with Komiya I'd have given this show a 9/10 easy. But it stuck to the predictable and generic ending that everyone expected.
Dec 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
Breaks my heart this final, I had the hope that Eita would stay with our beautiful photographer, Komiya.

Just Because! was an anime that won a space in my heart, because despite having a simple plot, normal characters and almost nothing remarkable, in short an anime that has been repeated before. It managed to generate in me a series of feelings that were presented as the story progressed, coming to wish every week that a next episode would come out as soon as possible...

Just Because! a human anime.

8/10

Dec 30, 2017 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
shame about komiya but even she knew she wouldnt win in the end and you cant choose who you fall in love with !!
wish we saw more of yoriko but oh well
Dec 30, 2017 12:15 PM
Mar 2016
They have already graduated and Izumi still wears that gakuran.
Dec 30, 2017 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
Waited until the last second for the confession. Too bad it didn't feel satisfying
Dec 30, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2015
Komiya will always be best girl, and tbh I'm glad Eita rejected her because she deserves way better. The ending was about as good as I expected and it was a good series.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

134 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.