Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 22, 2011 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
I have a very wide music taste... My favorite genres is probably gore grind and jazz... but right now i have been listening to alot more japanese music (alot of openings) :)) However... I don't like rap, R&B, pop or techno. x.x
Jun 25, 2011 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
Merushi said:
Valikiyro said:
Unlike the fake shit the guy above me listens to.

What do you mean? Isn't he just listing his favourite genres? What's wrong with those?

You don't know much about music do you? Well, I guess I should fill you in a few things "Merushi". People well most people in general, don't like it when mainstream society zombify's your favorite genres and turn it into something it was against in the first place... Emotive Hardcore was suppose to be forever underground not turn into just mainstream bullshit for hipster kids who don't even give a fuck about the real roots of the genre or keeping it real and true. Nowadays its just a marketing scheme for the big industry's who target the youth with their overpriced, over edited, taste less, bullshit.... Now okay, I see how he just merely flirted with the word by just throwing it out there and I would sincerity apologize if he came back and started talking about Rites of Spring, Hot Cross, Indian Summer, Funeral Diner, Age Sixteen, Love lost but not forgotten, or anything related to that sorts then yes that would make me a foolish judgmental troll who jumps the gun when anyone mentions the word "Emo" but trust me that won't happen because more then often people know nothing about this stuff so yeah sorry if I seem a bit harsh and critical about this stuff but its just because I'm very passionate about my music and I just like things to be more justified then they already are.
"The divine is the holy and the holy is the blind when your walking that damned
near straight line... Lines and minds, people nowadays are just all the same.
They'll most often just be that person everyone wants them to be.
No basic assumptions, no train of thought, they just get in that line and
become society's dogs."
Jun 25, 2011 7:05 AM

Nov 2010
raid65 said:
Hmmmmm lets see...
J-core, hardcore, electrohouse, dubstep (lol), J-rock, exit trance, trance, hip-hop, rap, R&B, classical, rock, alternative........... alot of stuff besides the metal and country :D

Oh cool, what type of scramz do you listen to?
become society's dogs."
Jun 25, 2011 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
zetsobu said:
I have a very wide music taste... My favorite genres is probably gore grind and jazz... but right now i have been listening to alot more japanese music (alot of openings) :)) However... I don't like rap, R&B, pop or techno. x.x

Just anime related or all sorts? If all sorts then I would be very interested to hear about some of your favorite bands because I myself listen to quite a bit of Japanese music and would like to hear about some of your favorite bands and what not.
become society's dogs."
Jul 12, 2011 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
In fact I've got no favourite genre. Just listen to songs where lyrics are in harmony with music. So there are pop-punk/punk-rock, rock, alternative rock, country, rap, gothic rock, rock'n'roll, OST and classical music in my playlist. Maybe some pop tracks but not metal. It's not for me although my friend's trying to make me listen to such songs.
Jul 14, 2011 3:03 PM

Mar 2010
Valikiyro said:
raid65 said:
Hmmmmm lets see...
J-core, hardcore, electrohouse, dubstep (lol), J-rock, exit trance, trance, hip-hop, rap, R&B, classical, rock, alternative........... alot of stuff besides the metal and country :D

Oh cool, what type of scramz do you listen to?

Do you mean screamz? or scramz cuz Idk what that means sorry

If your talking about screamz, I like Underoath, Korn, the almost, 30 seconds to Mars, MCR, Paramore, Flyleaf, but i think theres more
Jul 14, 2011 5:30 PM

Feb 2009
"If your talking about screamz, I like Underoath, Korn, the almost, 30 seconds to Mars, MCR, Paramore, Flyleaf, but i think theres more"

None of these are skramz/screamo.
Jul 14, 2011 5:51 PM

Mar 2010
Gowienczyk said:
"If your talking about screamz, I like Underoath, Korn, the almost, 30 seconds to Mars, MCR, Paramore, Flyleaf, but i think theres more"

None of these are skramz/screamo.

Oh my bad lol, Idk I always labeled them as rock and some as screamo, I used to be really into like 3 years ago but my taste of music has totally went 360
Jul 23, 2011 11:23 PM
Jul 2011
i like more of pakistani and indian rock!
Aug 26, 2011 7:10 AM

Jun 2011
Electronic music that is played mainstream can be extremely annoying, but you just should seek out for it! Schiller and ATB are awesome, for example.

Personally, I love shoegaze, rapcore and nu metal most of all. But I acccept and enjoy all kinds of music in general, though usually I disapprove of mainstream pop and r'n'b.
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Aug 26, 2011 11:55 AM

Dec 2007
I see a few other mentions of folk, but mostly in regards to the metal subgenre, which saddens me a bit..

Mueti said:
Of course I'm just saying that I've never heard any ska that I liked - sorry if you took it the wrong way. ;)

I felt this too until I heard The Specials. They're still the only ska I've enjoyed so far, though.
Sep 1, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2010
Post-hardcore, metal, some alternative, visual kei and oshere kei. I also find J-pop fun to listen to. :)
Sep 4, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
I'm addicted to J-music,rock and metal. :)
Oct 30, 2011 6:43 AM

Oct 2011
i really like all of the above xD but i guess i listen to trance the most atm
getting lost in the sounds is the best way to pass time x]
Nov 6, 2011 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
I thought J-Pop and Rock would have been the clear winner. Glad to see that other people have wide musical interests.
Nov 21, 2011 12:44 AM

Mar 2009
I go for melodic metal though i do listen to and get to listen plenty of other genres.

Nov 26, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2008
I mainly listen to Classic Rock, but branching from that, I also like (in no particular order):

- Progressive Rock
- Post-Rock
- Jazz
- Glam Rock
- Big Band/Swing/Standards
- "Stripped" music (Acoustic/Classical Guitar)
- Blues Rock
- Classical
- Disney (animated) and other Soundtrack music
- Electronic music, but to an extent.

I'm also up for anything experimental.
LucenaApr 14, 2012 7:58 AM
Dec 7, 2011 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
I chose other. I love listening to classicals/instrumentals, especially pieces by Claude Debussy (Arabesque, Clair de Lune) and Joe Hisaishi (Futatabi from Spirited Away, Legend of Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke). I also really enjoy listening to classic rock (The Beatles, Queen, Billy Joel) and J music (UVERworld, Abingdon Boys School, Asian Kung Fu Generation). I can still appreciate/enjoy music from other genres (just maybe not as much/often as when listening to my fav genres). If you check my profile page, you can see a list of my 25 fav songs, which are pretty diverse in genres (some classical, alternative, rap, etc)
When being served something as sweet and delicious as cake, it's not having the cake that's important. It's the enjoyment of eating that cake that's important, and it's more enjoyable when done with a friend.

Jan 15, 2012 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
I care about single bands, singers, and musicians, more than genres and labels, but I'll try to make a list of tags anyway.

Love: Rock, Indie, British, Hard Rock, New Wave, Alternative, Electronic, Industrial, EBM, Grunge, Punk, Nu Metal, Blues, Synthpop, Trance, Goa, Digital Hardcore, Drum and Bass.

Hate: Rap, Hip Hop, Emo, Screamo, R&B, Latin-American, Reggae, Ska, Metal, Gothic, House, Experimental, Opera.

Depends: J-music, Country, Pop, Techno, Dance, Jazz, Classical.

Voted for Alternative.
RenaPsychoKillerJan 29, 2012 6:12 AM

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jan 16, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
Didn't know whether to vote Pop or Other...so I just went with Other and that being Korean Pop XD
Jan 21, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
grunge and alternative rock
Jan 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
I like pop, but overall I consider Dance music to be my favorite. So I selected Other.
Mar 6, 2012 9:29 AM
Oct 2011
symphanic metal is the way to go
Mar 21, 2012 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Overall, I would have to say rock, but specifically post-rock like Explosions in the Sky since it's a bit of a different genre. Post-rock is great because it's instrumental but still melodic and powerful, so it can be great when doing work as well since it doesn't have lyrics to distract you.

I also like progressive rock and metal, as well as so-called "alternative rock," so my tastes also include Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, and Radiohead.

Edit: And of course anime OSTs too :)
Mar 21, 2012 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
ataraxial said:
Overall, I would have to say rock, but specifically post-rock like Explosions in the Sky since it's a bit of a different genre. Post-rock is great because it's instrumental but still melodic and powerful, so it can be great when doing work as well since it doesn't have lyrics to distract you.

Hell yeah, post-rock is excellent.

Lately I have to say my favourites have been folk/ indie-rock, and experimental electronica, although like others have said I listen to artists from tons of different genres, don't really have an all time favourite per say.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite genre's have to be:
Dutch Trance
Thrash Metal- also Symphonic and Metalcore, and progressive death metal.
Electro House
Jul 21, 2012 3:31 PM
Jun 2012
Most into reggae but i listen to what i like :)
Jul 21, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
I'm really into any experimental music, but if I had to choose genres, I'd say Post-rock, sludge metal, stoner metal and rock, math rock, progressive rock, jazz fusion, drone music, doomgaze, dark ambient, electro-acoustics, breakcore, IDM and modern classical.
Jul 29, 2012 5:33 AM

Dec 2008
According to the last.fm tag cloud, I seem to be listening to mainly psychedelic rock and classical music. Though the biggest tag is "experimental", which I think is kinda generic, so I'll leave it out. Post-rock is nice and all, but not exactly my cup of tea. I prefer other types of hyphen-rock, such as space rock, desert rock, stoner rock, plus the almighty god Prog. I also like sludge and doom to a certain extent. I hate modern classical, grindcore and contemporary alternative-emo-gross-american-rock. I find dubstep funny and hip hop cool, but i'm not a fan of either.

"You sit on a full-moon lotus-cushion of white light In the hundred-petalled full bloom of youth."
Patrul Rinpoche

Aug 21, 2012 5:49 AM

Aug 2012
hiphop>>>>
Aug 25, 2012 10:58 PM

Aug 2012
Hip-hop is so underrated on this site.
Sep 9, 2012 1:10 AM
Nov 2010
FiendishJZA said:
Hip-hop is so underrated on this site.

couldn't agree more.
Sep 9, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
Hardstyle, Drum & Bass (Neurofunk & Liquid), and occasionally Metal
Nov 10, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
To me its rock as I like the sound and message and while its loosing its popularity, I will still support it.
Apr 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
Shoegaze, hip hop, rock, trip hop, jazz, alternative rock, progressive rock and electronic. I can probably figure out more genres.

The only genre I don't fancy as much is metal. But, of course, there is some great albums in metal.

At this minute I would say jazz.
Jun 11, 2013 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
Metal. Rock. Alternative. Jazz. Blues. Anime ost. And everything else in small amounts.
Jun 13, 2013 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
Metal
Aug 17, 2013 8:33 AM
Feb 2013
I like almost everything (that is well composed or made), however my numero uno genre is:
* Symphonic Technical Black/Death Metal * (Fleshgod Apocalypse is main target)
Technical is an option, but sympho is a must for me liking it at start :D

I also like Fear Factory's 'machine-gun' guitar picking style, but this can't be named as a genre I guess :P

Nevertheless, I can even listen to J-Pop or Lady Gaga, so yeah, whatever, forget what I just wrote XD
kcuf
Aug 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2009
I listen to just about everything, but my preferred is electronic music, specifically Hard NRG/Freeform. Artists such as Betwixt&Between, Alek Szahala, GULD, Nomic, Le Dos-on, and the like. I'm also an amateur DJ.
Sep 14, 2013 2:23 AM
Aug 2013
I listen to a variety of music, but recently i have been in a knack of this 'style' of music. maybe because it sounds so lazy, which i guess i am :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBgoiLiNuXg
Sep 16, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
currently listening to experimental, electronic, ambient, with some listening in sludge, post-metal, dub-step, progressive metal, post-punk, psychedelic and other genres, these change with my mood
Sep 17, 2013 5:14 PM

May 2012
No one favorite but I do listen to more Post-Rock, Shoegaze, and Ambient than other genres.
Oct 4, 2013 3:03 PM

Mar 2010
everything but most of all pop.. ^_^
May 18, 2015 6:40 PM

Apr 2015
Pop>>Rock
May 24, 2015 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
Death metal
Jun 29, 2015 1:21 PM
Jun 2015
Not much a fan of anything other than Progressive Metal.😁
Sep 23, 2015 4:09 AM

May 2014
I've been switching up favorites a lot lately but there's always those genres I can go back to no matter what mood I'm in and those are:
Hip Hop
Instrumental Hip Hop
Deep House
Bass House
Liquid Drum & bass
Dirty Dubstep
Melbourne Bounce
Jul 26, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2014
I pretty much love everything. I don't have a specific genre I listen to but If I had to pick I guess electronic or some good hip hop funk or just funk. As for more non specific genres I enjoy ambient, chillstep, future house, progressive house, normal house, future bass, hip hop synth mixes, liquid drum & bass and mostly chill & relax songs

Some examples:

Every now and then I put on some vaporwave:

But mostly I just open up a channel like XKito,MrSuicideSheep,ENM,Monstercat and just let the playlist do the magic

Also sorry for posting so many examples >.<
SinthexxJul 26, 2016 4:03 AM
May 2, 2018 11:23 PM
Mar 6, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2009
Hip Hop 4 LYFE BROOOO 👌
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» What song is stuck in your head right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shygirlnerd - Apr 20, 2010

230 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:48 PM

» favorite openings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

8 by TyDrian »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:45 AM

» favorite endings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

4 by TyDrian »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:15 AM

» Favorite Guitarist/Drummers/Bassist/Vox

SymbolliC - Sep 24, 2008

36 by victimiZe1337 »»
Sep 30, 2022 6:44 AM

» Share Your Local Music!

removed-user - Aug 31, 2010

10 by FluffyDango »»
Dec 18, 2021 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.