Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 26, 2017 12:17 AM

Jul 2016
I'll watch anything because I have a 5-minute rule instead of a 3 episode rule.Most kinds of media I won't expose myself to don't show up in anime.

I will avoid things that depict torture.

It has to have some sort of positive vibe even if it does not have a happy ending.

If I know something will really scare me and a lot of things do it's not worth watching.

If thier was an anime about spiders i wouldn't ever consider watching it.

Dec 26, 2017 12:21 AM
Nov 2016
Anything that is Yaoi like yuri on ice and super lovers.

Dia Horizon
Dec 26, 2017 12:29 AM

Aug 2017
Salokannel2 said:
lady_freyja said:

Not sure if that list is serious or not, considering that there is Cipher in it.

Sure, this anime is an unforgettable experience, and I actually like to rewatch a little part of it from time to time… but it's because it's very high level of meme. Not quality or anything like that.
Can you expect the list to be serious considering a club that is calling itself "the anime uber-elitist club" is whom has probably made that list.
Anyways, wouldn't know about Cipher, hadn't even ever before heard of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cipher is a marvel everyone needs to experience. Get on it.
Dec 26, 2017 5:06 AM

Feb 2010
sports anime like kuroko no basket, free etc.
Dec 26, 2017 5:13 AM
Nov 2016
I won't watch Tokyo Ghoul because it's a bad show and its fanbase is worse.

Dec 26, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
I won't watch anything that don't fit my preferences (either bromance or good world building)
Dec 26, 2017 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
One Piece because it doesn't interest me one bit and it's so fucking long on top of that. Even if it happened to peak my curiosity I probably still wouldn't bother to get into the series lol

Also all those kids anime with like 2k episodes (Sazae-san etc.)
Dec 26, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
Sports anime that have bishounen characters that cater to the fujoshi trash fanbase
love live
Yuri anime
Dragon Ball
Shoujo
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Dec 26, 2017 11:42 AM

Nov 2015
Maybe something made before the 90's.

i would give a try but I might fall asleep.
Dec 26, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Hm...
Space Dandy, for one. I just don't think it's funny.
Naruto, because it's boring.
Dragon Ball, because it's too long.
I'm sure there are more that I can't think of.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Dec 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
I stay far away from shoujo and romance oriented series in general. I don't have the patience for that melodramatic nonsense. Any yuri/yaoi anime whether it be actual yuri/yaoi or if it's just one of those heavy baiting series that strongly hint at it but never go all the way. And in recent years, as soon as I see Isekai in a title, I immediately discard the series into the sea of Isekai trash where they all belong.
Dec 26, 2017 11:52 AM
Dec 2017
i think most people here don't understand the point. no genre is bad and in every single category mentioned there is an exeptation. i think looking for anime you wouldn't watch is stupid. out of 3 anime i decided not to watch (kill la kill, ping pong the animation and gintama) i eventually i watched 2 and now kill la kill and ping are among my favorite. this debate is stupid
Dec 26, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Otaku1985 said:
Are there any anime you wouldn't watch, due to them having content you consider excessive i.e. gore, fanservice, tentacles etc. Name specific titles.

For me, a few examples would be:

Shoujo Tsubaki
Genocyber
Corpse Party
Tokyo Tribe 2

You have no idea how you good is your timing with this question. I'm currently reading Susan Napier's from Akira to Howl's Moving Castle and there is a chapter dedicated to anime which appear to be filled sadism and gore, some are also hentai, and I'm really thinking whether to watch them or not. I'm talking about Wicked City, La Blue Girl, Twin Dolls, Cutey Honey. They really aren't my thing, but I want to finish the book, it's really interesting.
Dec 26, 2017 2:46 PM

Apr 2017
Any Idol stuff, I think I can get through any ecchi stuff, but Idols is just way too much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
Fairy Tail 2018 i think
Any yuri, yaoi and loli trash
Dec 26, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
Pretty much the usual suspects that I currently know of (that I can think of atm)

Boku No Pico for sure and probably School Days #NiceBoat

Most sport shows since personally I'm not really a fan of sports in general

animefan0071Dec 26, 2017 4:11 PM

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Dec 26, 2017 4:43 PM

May 2015
Clannad Afterstory. I tried to watch the original Clannad Series due to hearing nothing but excellent things about its Follow-on 'After Story', but, I just couldn't get past the first 7 Episodes of the original Series - which, sadly, is deemed as a "Must watch" prior to starting After Story.

I wish I could just skip over that horrific first Season. Ahh, well-- if After Story is even a fracture of a percent that the first Season was; then it's probably done me a favor.
Dec 26, 2017 4:55 PM

Mar 2016
Anything Yaoi/Shounen Ai, specifically Yuri on Ice. But my one exception is Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu which isn't even labeled Yaoi or Shounen Ai, so I don't think it counts.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 9:09 PM

Oct 2015
KNB
One Piece
Naruto
Dragon Ball
Fate
Kill la Kill
Code Geass
Psycho-Pass
Bleach
Clanned
FMA

and many others...
⠀‧⠀

Dec 26, 2017 9:46 PM

Nov 2009
Calal-Chan said:
Ah, the thread where people show their close-mindedness. Personally, I will give just about anything a shot. Doesn't really matter what it is. Everything can once in a while surprise you.

I agree with you about 99%. I will watch literally anything, and in the past I loved watching anime in genres I didn't normally gravitate toward; I've found some fantastic titles, and these days I don't discriminate by genre. I have a no-drop policy (the titles in my drop list are ones that I can't locate the rest of; when I find them, I'll un-drop them), and I've found some gems that way.

I only disagree a little because there are specific titles I won't watch due to gore, torture, or sexual potty play. I can tolerate a bit in the gore department, but I feel that Corpse Party may be outside of my comfort zone. Euphoria and hentai like it are also too much for me. I'm a bit sensitive lol. If it's not something that grosses me out or is likely to leave me with nightmares, though, I'll watch it.

Nice to know there are others that will give basically everything a chance. I rarely get tired of anime simply because I like watching such a large range of it!
Dec 26, 2017 9:48 PM

Jul 2017
Fairy Tail

- I never gonna watch that trash of an anime

SAO

- Kirito always win

Dec 26, 2017 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
IntoOpenWaters said:
Calal-Chan said:
Ah, the thread where people show their close-mindedness. Personally, I will give just about anything a shot. Doesn't really matter what it is. Everything can once in a while surprise you.

I agree with you about 99%. I will watch literally anything, and in the past I loved watching anime in genres I didn't normally gravitate toward; I've found some fantastic titles, and these days I don't discriminate by genre. I have a no-drop policy (the titles in my drop list are ones that I can't locate the rest of; when I find them, I'll un-drop them), and I've found some gems that way.

I only disagree a little because there are specific titles I won't watch due to gore, torture, or sexual potty play. I can tolerate a bit in the gore department, but I feel that Corpse Party may be outside of my comfort zone. Euphoria and hentai like it are also too much for me. I'm a bit sensitive lol. If it's not something that grosses me out or is likely to leave me with nightmares, though, I'll watch it.

Nice to know there are others that will give basically everything a chance. I rarely get tired of anime simply because I like watching such a large range of it!

Fair enough on the gore stuff. I understand people have those kinds of issues same as anything, but reading some of these posts was really disappointing lol.
Dec 26, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2015
Generally speaking I'll give anything a shot. But I don't hesitate to drop stuff I don't like.
Dec 26, 2017 11:54 PM

Nov 2014
i drop things really fast but at the same time i try to watch everything, you never know whats going to surprise you
Dec 27, 2017 12:18 AM
Dec 2017
sword art online
one piece
dragonball super
boruto

everyone watch any movies, tv show and anime with multiple subtitles at http://moviesonline.ac/anime-series.html
Dec 27, 2017 12:22 AM
Apr 2017
I forever refuse to watch one punch man.
Dec 27, 2017 1:10 AM

Apr 2011
Yaoi and yuri shows, with shounen-ai and shoujo-ai just behind them.... though it's more an avoidance than rejection. Homosexuality simply does not appeal to me, though I can look past it if the anime is good enough (Shinsekai Yori being my favorite anime is proof enough of that).

Apart from that, I'm also a little wary of the newer hentai, due to the prevalence of the shitty Queen Bee copies (seriously, fuck that studio). There are a few good one or two every year, but it seems most are fine with using flash animation for the hentai now.

Anatithe said:
The last one is not exactly relevant to this discussion. Any anime that has more than 125 episodes. There is no way I'm going to sit trough so many episodes for a single anime.

And yet, your favorite list is littered with one of the longest running franchises of recent memory.
Dec 27, 2017 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
Personally, anything that is hentai for me. (×_×)
Dec 27, 2017 2:33 AM
Dec 2017
Blue_Ash_ said:
Personally, anything that is hentai for me. (×_×)

Same here, I'm not at all interested in that stuff.
Dec 27, 2017 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
Long shows (More than 50 episodes) and Gore for me. Those are the main ones for me.
Dec 27, 2017 7:22 AM
Aug 2016
Magical shoujo is a drag , romance based solely anime is one of the most pointless genre to watch generally , 95% of slice of nothing happens, needless to mention harem romcom is shit , most of the comedies are unfunny and repetitive though some few exceptions can be very entertaining , I have got nothing against gore and nudity , even hentai can be good from certain points of view *cough cough* , you don't see me watching normie stuff usually.
Dec 27, 2017 7:53 AM
Oct 2016
Detective Conan, even though it was part of my childhood but it became way too long and repetitive now
Dec 27, 2017 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
One piece , Naruto , and every hentai anime
Dec 27, 2017 11:10 AM

May 2017
The one's which have been spoiled to me and the tear jerkers ,my kokoro can't take them very well
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

44 by Zimmu »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

68 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 5 hours ago

18 by _ATG_ »»
12 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

21 by phantom346 »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

72 by LostSpectre »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.