Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 14, 2020 11:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was quite the strange episode to sign off with, to say the least.

First half with the backstory was quite touching but it kind of felt a little out of place too, if I'm to be brutally honest here. I wonder if this elderly sister figure appears in the novels following this point, it would certainly make for an interesting moment I reckon.

Poor authors getting the short end of the stick when it comes to realistic games too, lol. A few funny moments here and there but I think this was one of the lesser entertaining board game scenes of the show.

And the truth behind the anime adaption is out, as well. Quite the gamble, this. I'm really curious to know how things turn out...

Nice little moment with Nayu blushing too, I feared that they might've ignored the last episode's spicy moments towards the end but thankfully not. I'm sure they'll eventually get together though so here's to hoping for a sequel so we anime-onlies can get a taste of it too.

As for the whole show in general, it's a mixed bag for me. Some episodes were really entertaining and then there were a few which was more or less fan-service which didn't always click for me. Coupled with the open-ended conclusion, my final impression comes down to a "Fine" so it's a solid 6/10 from here.

Drama and touch of harsh realism was probably the take-away of the show for me. Sad that we haven't gotten a clear picture of that just yet but it was enough to keep me engaged and the classy use of the Op/ED were pretty cool too.

Miyako-san and Nayu fanservice moments though, it's hilarious how natural it has become between the two. I wouldn't mind this route at all either for that matter, xD. Needed more Ashley-san moments as well, darn it lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 18, 2020 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, the backstory with the elderly sister was quite touching; it explains Itsuki's imouto fetish. Suddenly, the OP makes a lot more sense. At the part where Itsuki becomes the main character, the song lyrics mentioned about how anyone can be the main character.

I usually don't enjoy shows full of sex comedy, but this one was really special. 8/10.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 10, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2020
A flashback when Itsuki was still a kid and isn't writing and his childhood was mediocre at best but it all changed when the maid's daughter hangs out with Itsuki and that's where it all started

I like it every time they play a game and It's an indie game about writers, I love how each of them has a chance to do what they choose at a much faster pace seems everyone is unhappy even though you're popular or rich that says a lot about what happiness really is

Miyako might start to work as an editor I would love to see her work as an editor as well for Haruto to be exact and Nayuta is just happy knowing that Itsuki likes her I'm happy as well and Itsuki has a lot to do to make his work an anime pretty interesting show

The only thing that I want is a good ending since this might be a cliffhanger I want another one of the parts of the series I loved it and I want to see more relationship build-ups I would love to see those two couples grow a lot of room for improvement but nonetheless I enjoyed this.
Jul 3, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Itsuki really thinks about himself in terms of being some kind of character?.. Main character, or side character.. To one person or another.. Well.. Unusual, but ok..
lol with how game is going.. The only conclusion you can make is that if you want to be happy.. You just don't become writer at all.. ;D Well.. Who knows.. I have no idea about writer market..
Overall, anime had both things I liked and some things I wasn't too much interested in.. Fantasy parts of anime - was not so interested.. Game parts - some were alright, some not so interesting.. But what I liked the most - characters thoughts, how they deal with some problems in their lives, their backstories.. Characters were the best part of this anime.. And only for first 3 episodes this anime already is a 10 for me.. Wished we'd go further into that.. But we went, where we went.. But what we had - was great.. Adult life topics, seinen material.. Meta anime and writing stuff.. Lots of relatable and interesting things.. Overall first half of the anime is much better than second one.. But that's for my personal preference..
Jul 16, 2021 8:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Stray said:
What kind of ending is this?
He didnt even find out that his so called lil step brother is actually a lil sister...
This was such a weak ending...

Yes indeed, felt the same, otherwise, enjoyable show, had some really funny episodes and for its title turned out to be much better than I first though,
Aug 6, 2021 7:03 PM
Jul 2021
"You'll never know what happens if you don't try" he says AFTER he blows off the girl he loves for the entire series. At least they are together in the Manga but still such BS, so sick of Anime with anything romance it just dicks you around.
Nov 13, 2021 1:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dude itsuki was literally singing "Roxanne... Roxanne..."

Ending here is decent enough. But the previous episode 11 was more powerful and hit home harder. I'm glad that they didn't hold back on the lewd jokes, and that they gave us glimpses of some of the obstacles that novelists have to face. Comparing it to eromanga sensei again, it's a more real take on the manga entertainment industry (although shirobako still obviously takes the crown here, stuff like saekeno ain't got shit), it's more lewd, it's smarter, and above all, it's got legal loli's!

But for some reason, I feel like I enjoyed eromanga sensei more than this. Despite everything it gaves us, it just makes me feel underwhelmed. I don't know why I'm not content, but I needed more of something. Maybe punches to the gut, just some more OOMPH. It deserves a decent score, perhaps a 7. But from how I feel, it's getting a 4/10 from me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 27, 2022 1:17 AM

Oct 2019
That was a very good season finale, but a cliffhanger ending knowing we may not get a season 2. I guess I have no other choice but to read the light novels now. The episode starts off with Itsuki's backstory, and to be honest, it was kind of embarrassing but also embarrassing in a relatable kind of way, with Itsuki being rejected by his crush and not accepting it, forcing her out of his life. But this backstory was pretty important as it was what explained where his passion for little sisters came from in the first place and I was very happy that they chose the final episode to reveal this. This episode also played another board game where they simulated what it was like to be a light novel author and I honestly loved that and thought this board game was the most compelling out of all of the previous games they played as we got a lot more insight as to what it is like being a light novel writer. This episode also revealed that Miyako wants to be an editor officially, after subtly hinting towards it the last few episodes. Overall this was a very good episode, I look forward to reading the light novels now.
Sep 18, 2022 9:36 AM
Jul 2022
undoubtedly after where we left off at episode 11, the conclusion of this series feels immensely lackluster, but it feels artistic in a way, saying smth like "everything is just good as normal in the end."
i love this anime as i don't just laugh hysterically at their mishaps and misfortunes, but i also get immersed in their struggles and feel the emotions every time something significant happens to them, and even begin to feel like i'm a part of the world they're in, going as far as yelling at the screen when i know somebody's doing something stupid
this show never fails to place even the least significant events in the most well-times places, the transition to the opening gave me chills once again and it really made me feel something the moment nayu appeared on screen, alone, waiting for him to finally reach to where she stands

itsuki hashima is a rash individual, and today's flashback reminded us exactly that,. how he lets intrusive thoughts win even with the impact of affecting him negatively to a large scale degree, had me all yelling and pausing and shit when he lashed out at ayane because i know he dug himself into a manhole big time
calling miyako a whore, leading nayu on, being an inconsiderate friend to haruto at times and not being there for his own brother, itsuki is not exactly a good person and never has been, but we get perspective on the way he lives his life and the reason why things are, alongside intel on the flaws each of his friends have

rather than the man with a complex for a non-existent sister, this show puts us on a greater concept of the life of an author, and i feel like this light-hearted conclusion was a great way to send that concept off

they also used this final game to remind us how difficult, yet fun, the world of writing is as a whole, which was clearly one of the points they were trying to drive home this entire time
i also feel like this game really highlighted itsuki's arrogance and upfront personality, always aiming for the highest stakes possible only to get repeatedly shot down, yet it's saying something in a way when you see he came out on top in the end, because he never stops trying

"There are things you can't see unless you take a step forward. So the only choice I have is to fearlessly take that step."

this conclusion may have felt unsatisfactory, and i wouldn't put it past anyone including myself to feel the same way, as there are still so many plot holes and awaited conclusions that still need to be fulfilled
when is chihiro gonna tell her brother the truth about her gender? does chihiro have feelings for itsuki? why was nayuto bullied in school? why exactly did itsuki have a thing for little sisters from the start? does he plan to make amends with his father at some point in the future?
that's not even acknowledging the incomplete romantic advances this show has left us on a cliffhanger for

and yet, it remains a fitting end to a wonderful series, reminding us that no matter what happens, everything stays the same
in truth, the plot is complete, because there never really was a plot to begin with, other than just a bunch of writer friends hanging out and the things they go through from the past and in the present that make them this way
what matters is that our group of friends here will stick together until the end of time like the lips of siblings in an itsuki hashima novel.

to think this is where we'd come from all the way from a fictional, fictional guy eating his sister's panties.
Dec 20, 2022 1:04 PM
Feb 2022
a lot of people hate this ending because it seemingly cuts off in the middle of a lot of the plot and character development.
well that is because it does.

to give the show more credit, it is just following the books and without a second season it just happens to stop in an awkward spot. i cant really think of where a better place to stop would be. they would have had to stray from the book and that would be lame

there is definitely scenes left out which makes sense because you cant fit all the content of the books into the anime, and some of the scenes are switched around in order. some of the scenes have slight alterations, like when Miya receives the text asking if she has a bf. In the anime shes nude in the bathroom, but in the books she is on the train. Stuff like that.

The quality of this anime still amazes me and probably will forever be one of my favorites. i think the studio absolutely nailed it, especially after reading a lot of the light novels
Dec 23, 2022 1:16 AM
Sep 2022
great to watch true
Jan 31, 2023 3:10 PM
Nov 2021
it was wholesome and i wished it had some ero secenes
Apr 28, 2023 2:11 PM
Sep 2017
boring and cliche
Oct 28, 2023 6:33 AM

Apr 2021
This ending didn't seem to be the last, I wanted to see him discovering that he had a younger sister, unfortunately I'll remain curious.

The last episode was good, with a little game to distract, just so you don't run out of things to talk about.
Nov 21, 2023 10:26 PM
Dec 2022
All you need is your work to be turned into anime or season 2. Whichever comes first.
Dec 7, 2023 1:29 PM

Dec 2022
The anime lacked something, and that was probably passion for its premise, seeing how it never truly dove into the more particular details of working in the light novel industry, instead opting for what may as well be trifling commentary on it with a few moments of ancillary drama inbetween. Not an awful anime, but it gave the impression of trying to cover too many bases at once.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 6, 1:17 AM
May 2019
Amazing show, loved this
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.