Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 12 Discussion

Dec 24, 2017 8:50 AM

• Phoenix Chise is the best thing ever. ~
  • I love so much relationship between them, they're so cute. :3
  • 5/5

Dec 24, 2017 9:11 AM

MomoSinX said:

You got the right impression imo.

There were also many things that weren't teased so look forward to those :D.

Thank you very much for taking the time and explaining things in detail! That helped a lot.

Dec 24, 2017 9:36 AM

Jacksnapp said:
MomoSinX said:

Thank you very much for taking the time and explaining things in detail! That helped a lot.

You are welcome :).

Dec 24, 2017 12:09 PM

Another beautiful and informative episode with wonderful scenes. The preview of the next episode amazed me, what will happen?

Dec 24, 2017 12:45 PM

pretty good episode, for some reason I think the phoenix flying part could have been animated better, but still nice.

Also that after credit scene - Im glad we can start the new year with this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Dec 24, 2017 1:31 PM

That was an impressive episode. Chise has reached unanticipated levels of power to the point she is a mage in her own right, or nearly so. The discussion with Nevin, the flying sequence, the finishing of the staff with Lindel's magic song = compelling stuff.

Dec 24, 2017 2:21 PM

Chise the Phoenix!!

Oh, and TELL HIM ALREADY CHISE!! :-)
The sword that takes life gives life

Dec 24, 2017 4:52 PM

I couldn't help but think throughout this episode how thrilled I am this series is getting a 24 episode season because this would've been the last one if the show had gone the route of most recent anime (what with being only 12 episodes). And while this episode could of been a fine end episode, I am so glad it's simply the end of this arc as we move into the next half.
Especially after seeing the after credits I'm so excited for the upcoming episodes!

Dec 24, 2017 5:37 PM

this first cour has been quite good it was paced very well liked how much detail went into every step of Chise's growth like making her staff.

all the beautiful visuals and scenery have spoiled me there's so many of them.

preview was enough to sell me, funny she just keeps getting bigger hoods lol

Dec 24, 2017 6:16 PM

This episode was so beautiful. I even got goosebumps at the phoenix part.

Can't wait to see Chise her full potential!

Dec 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Cant wait for the next arc. Maybe the anime will cover what i haven't read yet.

Dec 24, 2017 11:39 PM

Hearing it again just makes me realise, I actually really like the song Lindel sings. I'll definitely download it in the future.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview

Dec 25, 2017 12:55 AM
Man, this was a really beautiful episode. They're doing a great job with this.

Dec 25, 2017 6:29 AM

Someone stop Lindel from singing because his voice is just so fucking beautiful it makes me cry. ;-; I wonder if it's going to be available on iTunes or somewhere. I need it.

Chise's wand is so simple yet so beautiful and ugh that jewel kinda resembles her eyes, but much more beautiful version of her eyes like it's looking at the stars constantly. This anime is making me tacky, I s2g.

Her talk with Nevin lightens me up. Yeah, thanks to Chise's mother for not hurting and killing her, but she made her life miserable telling her that she shouldn't have been born. And I wonder if that dream of Chise's happened in real life like her mother used to be so nice to her and she's living with her family happily. If that's true then I bet her father died and somehow her mother couldn't deal with anything afterwards, hence she became horrible to Chise. Adnajsfasf!

Gaaaaah! Chise looking like a fairy is so beautiful--a fire fairy. Holy shit. Her magic powers, though. Kyaaaaa! So happy that Elias saw her looking like a fairy. Omfg. He saw her future bride looking so gorgeous. I mean she's always gorgeous, but dang Chise was so beautiful looking like THAT. With her flying and shit. Hahaha.

I wonder what she wanted to tell Elias. Is she going to say "I love you" to him or something? Hehe. I'm so curious. Show, don't fuck with me and take more than 4 episodes before she managed to say what she wanted to say to Elias. I'm gonna hurt you.

Those sheep-like creatures look like ticks. Lmfao.

Let me say that Ruth is so fucking adorable eating his food intensifyingly. Hahahaha.

Boiii, what's up with the preview!? Boiiiiii, Elias, what happened to you!?!?

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)

Dec 25, 2017 6:42 AM

That Phoenix dress looks really good!
Can't wait for more

Dec 25, 2017 7:28 AM

That visuals of the phoenix paired with the extended version of the OP performed by JUNNA was excellent!
looks like more intense things would happen next arc!
4/5.

Dec 25, 2017 9:13 AM

Magical episode as usual.

I spot Kirei in the preview.

Dec 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Beautiful episode, even though a bit excessive on the still and looped shots. Phoenix Chise was fantastic to see animated.

Fit so well with the season ending, I almost thought this got changed to 1 cour. Thank goodness it didn't.

Looking forward to a new opening, they already reached everything shown in the current one.

Dec 25, 2017 8:58 PM

Goose bump inducing magical bliss!

From the staff making to the fiery flight back to Elias was golden <3

Dec 25, 2017 9:57 PM
Amazing as the episode was, that secound cour preview after the ED got me a bit concerned. It looks like the anime is going to have a original ending since the manga is still ongoing.

The next episode preview tho... I feel an unexplicable need to post a obligatory "Yokobe Shounen" comment whenever I hear Nakata Jouji's voice hahahahah.

Dec 25, 2017 10:05 PM
MomoSinX said:

Don't know if the info I'm about to disclose can be considered spoilers but better safe than sorry.

Dec 26, 2017 2:38 AM

Not_Important said:
MomoSinX said:

Don't know if the info I'm about to disclose can be considered spoilers but better safe than sorry.

Modified by MomoSinX, Dec 26, 2017 2:41 AM

Dec 26, 2017 2:51 AM

That phoenix scene was one the most beautiful things i've ever saw in an anime,thank you to the studio who made this,thank you.

rest of the episode was great too with a big change in Chise's psychologic evolution,i'm glad she finally feel at peace and in a place like home.
Deep dark fantasies

Dec 26, 2017 5:45 AM
Wow what can I say? The phoenix transformation animation was beautiful. The flashback to her mum and family was unexpected.

That scene before the preview which I assumed is a trailer to the 2nd concour was so intriguing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 26, 2017 9:34 AM

All very nice, except the "flight of the phoenix", not because it is not done well, but because it was a bit too static, gave the feeling as if the director wanted to fill those minutes that were missing to show the arrival of Chise at home Elias. Dialogues very profound and useful to make history take a step forward. The creation of Chise's wand was a very interesting and exciting moment. Too bad that now I will have to wait two weeks to see the next episode, who knows if I can resist. ^^"

P.S. Cliffhanger very interesting, who knows those images before the anticipations what they refer to.

Dec 26, 2017 10:29 AM

This episode was so amazing! It gave me goosebumps.

Dec 26, 2017 11:39 AM

Chise's meeting with Nevin again was so nice! And what a beautiful part was that with the phoenix transformation!
Also, the memories from her past was a nice touch, so her mom also saw things, and she was pregnant, I wonder what happened to make her change.

Dec 26, 2017 12:47 PM

Wow, really cool episode. THe visuals were stunning. AND WTF was that scenes after credits? It doesn't look like part of new episode. Am i missing something?

When the phoenix appread i smelled some Natsu stuff.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Dec 26, 2017 2:25 PM

Another good and touching episode. looks like things are going to get interesting in the next episode, hopefully nothing bad.

Dec 27, 2017 1:06 AM

great episode to mark the half way point of the show

Dec 27, 2017 5:22 AM

Not_Important said:
MomoSinX said:

Dec 27, 2017 6:01 AM

Start of the ep was awkwardly paced but that Phoenix scene really was amazing. Judging from the OP, I had previously thought that she would die and be resurrected as a Phoenix, 10/10 did not expect.
~

Dec 27, 2017 7:12 AM
MomoSinX said:
Not_Important said:

Dec 27, 2017 7:53 AM

Not_Important said:
MomoSinX said:

Dec 27, 2017 12:13 PM
Damn, Lindel's singing is so good.
Chise finally has her wand and she uses it right away to turn into a phoenix and the whole flight scene was so beautiful and the op being used made it seem more epic.

Dec 27, 2017 2:19 PM

Beautiful episode, beautiful music, beautiful series.

Dec 27, 2017 11:26 PM

Beautiful phoenix transformation, heartwarming chise's family past hinted

Can't wait for the 2nd cour

PV hype, Kirei just visited xD, Nakata Jouji <3

Dec 28, 2017 3:18 PM
I really like how Chise being a phoenix ties in with her problems, and the foreshadowing of it. A phoenix rises from its own ashes, stronger than before - but it has to die first (literally, emotionally or metaphorically, with the preview's tears signifying a lot of sadness to come), so having a phoenix as totem animal seems to indicate a lot of future suffering before things can get beter.

The faeries helping ties in nicely with the distinctions between sorcerers and mages: sorcerers bend reality to their will (which is often crude, inefficient and bad for reality, is the inplication), while mages ask the fae to have reality bend for them. Four fire fae spontaneously and voluntarily helping Chise because she's just that good of a person can mean that she stands to become very powerful indeed.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.

Dec 30, 2017 7:31 AM

Show is on break this week. 2nd cour returns next year. (special recap this week)

Dec 30, 2017 10:30 AM

Stark700 said:
Show is on break this week. 2nd cour returns next year. (special recap this week)

Thanks a lot for reminding. I know this is completely unrelated, but is it the same case for 3-gatsu no lion season 2

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 30, 2017 11:03 AM

The protagonists of this story are found again after a few separate episodes, the heat returns to the house of the son of the thorn, Elias.

5/5

Dec 31, 2017 7:55 AM

Beautiful the "Chise-phoenix"!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Jan 1, 2018 5:10 PM
Just finished marathoning episodes 7-12. Definitely a better way to watch, it's unsatisfying to only see 20 minutes at a time.

Nevin is the coolest dragon ever. It's really hard to write a "good advice" scene, but this anime did it.

Extended OP over the firebird scene was ... er... "lit". Looking forward to cour 2.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.

Jan 1, 2018 9:00 PM

Seems like Chise's parents could see the creatures too, and she has/had a younger sibling?
I'm glad to see she had at least some happy moments as a child.

Jan 2, 2018 1:16 AM
Dayum, Chise was looking hot in the second half of the episode, I really like the fact that they incorporated the full op instead of TV version when Chise was flying that scene was absolutely fantastic. Besides that Chise's family were looking nice and friendly and I assume that they were both magicians scene they did say they can see the black thing.
Heckle was here...

Jan 2, 2018 1:23 AM

man, i knew the phoenix chise scene would be beautiful, but i was still caught off guard by how dang magical it was! i've always felt that one of studio wit's major pros was it's animation since watching the first episode of attack on titan and they do not disappoint with the ancient magus' bride.

i also see that studio wit is taking a page from studio trigger with the opening playing during the hype scene of the final episode (of the cour), which is a very good thing. XD

Jan 2, 2018 4:56 PM
MomoSinX said:

What Nevin said about Chise's mother became pretty relevant in the manga recently, there's a lot more to her family and we just got more questions and mysteries introduced regarding them.
I was thinking about that as well. I'm glad they finally went into some detail about what happened to them. Still in the shadows but with due time.

Also what a beautifully relaxing episode with the characters and soundtrack. Really liked it :)

Jan 3, 2018 10:46 PM

wtf this isn't finished? i thought i would finish it today

Jan 4, 2018 2:46 AM

Not sure I'm a big fan of the atmosphere they try to make in their slow scenes.
Definitely not a fan of the insert songs

Jan 5, 2018 4:07 PM

If it stays the same or gets better.. This anime will go down in history for sure as one of the greatest anime ever created.

It's absolutely fucking amazing.

I don't think I've watched an Anime this good in... Years.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »