Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 23, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the final confrontation against Shirou Kotomine.
This whole salvation speech is really what I would expect from someone like him at this point.

Sieg reunites with Jeanne again despite his injury.
It was kinda nice to see Jeanne bounce back again I guess. Music waas on point for that scene.

Still, I'm not sure I can get excited for the finale after that. Have to see. RIP Jeanne. Shirou vs Sieg is a fight that pretty much meant to happen this episode.
Dec 23, 2017 8:31 AM
Mar 2014
great action, great animation. RIP Jeanne but in a way, its ironic how her most famous feat, was being burned to death and thus her final ability allows her to burn that who she deems evil, at the cost of her life. Amaka's duel concept swords still confuse me as for what they really do rather than what they represent. Caster is still alive for now. Annnnnnd we see the second to last most BS moment in the story where Sieg just so happens to have gained and can use more Frankenstein's abilities.
Dec 23, 2017 9:07 AM
Dec 2017
LawfulEngineer said:
great action, great animation. RIP Jeanne but in a way, its ironic how her most famous feat, was being burned to death and thus her final ability allows her to burn that who she deems evil, at the cost of her life. Amaka's duel concept swords still confuse me as for what they really do rather than what they represent. Caster is still alive for now. Annnnnnd we see the second to last most BS moment in the story where Sieg just so happens to have gained and can use more Frankenstein's abilities.

He has two Noble Phantasms representing both of his arms: Xanadu Matrix and Evil Eater. Using both allows him to perform any thaumaturgy. It is basically a hack key to any thaumaturgical foundation. Also it gives him skills like Eye of Mind True and False which allowed him to evenly match Achilles (not using his actual spear and not taking it too seriously) in a sparring match (they had a spar in the novel) So the duel concept, his Noble Phantasm attack, Twin Arm Big Crunch, is through using both arms to attack using the Grail's energy. In this fight, he already lost 1 hand to Jeanne basically being handicapped. Explained why Sieg could match him in spite of Galvanism from Franky
Dec 23, 2017 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
Oh, Shiro is left-handed!
And its weird to see how Sieg who have not much experience in fighting is equally skilled in the battle against someone who fought in the war all his life
Dec 23, 2017 9:10 AM
Jan 2017
how did seig got Frankenstein's abilities.
at everything happening is a miracle.
at first i liked this anime but i didnt like the end.
Dec 23, 2017 9:10 AM
Dec 2017
Tekakurika said:
Oh, Shiro is left-handed!
And its weird to see how Sieg who have not much experience in fighting is equally skilled in the battle against someone who fought in the war all his life

Galvanism + Siegfried's experience + Jeanne taking away one of Shirou's arms essentially one of his Noble Phantasm,Evil Eater. This is the reason they are evenly matched
Dec 23, 2017 9:12 AM
Dec 2017
saianudeep said:

Blasted Tree's effects. When Sieg was revived through it he essentially became "Frankenstein" as one of the Blasted Tree's effects is that although it is a suicide move, as it uses the same lightning used to make Franky, there is a SMALL CHANCE for a New Frankenstein to be born.
Dec 23, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
That fucking animation! tho Sieg being able to fight like that did catch me off guard at first until 4eyes explains that Frankenstein had something to do with it.
The art wasnt as offensive as ep 22 so I fully enjoyed this.
Anyways... Jeanne died... and now Sieg's probably dead too with that suicide attack, I hope we get to see both of them interact one last time in the next episode.
Dec 23, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
I genuinely cried this episode.

Jeanne... it was nice ride these 24 episodes with you... see you again one day when they animate FGO and Extella.

Animation was great, fight as well. I really hate how her NP did not destroyed the grail and Shirou but then again - it was plot point made specifically just that Sieg could have final battle agaisnt Shirou. IMO Jeanne vs. Shirou where she barely wins and disappears, leaving Sieg and Laeticia to live happily ever after woudl ahve been much better ending. But alas...

One more to go and then we will have anime original epilogue special next year. Cannot wait.
Dec 23, 2017 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
saianudeep said:

For me this anime is a whole rollercoaster: at first I liked, but then I disliked, at middle this anime return do be good again, but pre-final was bad, and this final battle was nice. I want to read Apocrypha's LN, maybe they explain better all these hougu effects.
Dec 23, 2017 4:25 PM

Sep 2015
For all those who wonder about Sieg, here is a description of Frank's Noble Phantasm

Like all nasuverse, everything is coincidence, Sieg received the power of Frank when he used it. When he arrived his master could see Frank activating the side effect of Frank Noble Phantasm
NayoutDec 23, 2017 4:29 PM
Dec 23, 2017 4:37 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't expect the Blasted Tree thing at all, that was a surprise.
I knew that Semiramis was alive.

Am I the only one who felt this as some kind of clousure for Gilles character from Fate/Zero?
Dec 23, 2017 9:28 PM
Dec 2017
neku963 said:
I didn't expect the Blasted Tree thing at all, that was a surprise.
I knew that Semiramis was alive.

Am I the only one who felt this as some kind of clousure for Gilles character from Fate/Zero?

Now it makes sense why he's so obsessed with Jeanne.
Dec 23, 2017 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
Waiting on UTW , but did they show
Dec 24, 2017 12:42 AM

Mar 2014
So... Semiramis isn't dead.

And Sieg is like a mix between Saber and Berserker of Black, why not.
The way Sieg yelled "RULEEEEER" when she was dying was unexpected lel. I was also surprised by how well he could keep up with Amakusa Shiro.

Nice animation btw.

Another one bites the dust.
Dec 24, 2017 4:11 AM
Aug 2015
Another good episode
The fight was awesome (even if there are some 'coincidence' happened)
Didn't expect to see Jeane die here
Dec 24, 2017 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
Interesting episode. Giles scared the heck out of me. Cant wait for this to be fully translated because the fight scenes didn't entertain me as much as I was hoping they would.

yikes...
Dec 24, 2017 7:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All is possible!!! kekeke
Dec 24, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
Ruler's white clothe, mean that is lily form?
Dec 24, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
All i saw was Madoka without Homura vs Emiya Shirou UBW err i mean Unlimited Servant Work.
Into the Internet!
Dec 24, 2017 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
Wow that Fight was very neat, can't wait for next week!

JDartrix said:
saianudeep said:

Blasted Tree's effects. When Sieg was revived through it he essentially became "Frankenstein" as one of the Blasted Tree's effects is that although it is a suicide move, as it uses the same lightning used to make Franky, there is a SMALL CHANCE for a New Frankenstein to be born.

^This!

24 episodes in and people hasn't made their investigation yet? Wow, just wow. Guess I'm gonna advertise on my future review that proper guide of how FATE WORKS is needed when watching this anime
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 24, 2017 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
where tf yall watching this ep i cant find it
Dec 24, 2017 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
Sigh I knew it wasn't gonna happen, but I was still hoping for Shirou to succeed.
Well thanks to Ruler and Sieg, people get to keep dying in pain and misery with many of them not being able to anything about it.
They are the true villains of this story.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 24, 2017 4:46 PM

Nov 2013
@HereticHunter

people, just like me, enjoy the episode without catching on every single little thing, neither we have time/will to go research stuff for every single anime lol
that's also what the forum is for, so someone can point out those small things that almost everyone missed, i think that's actually a pretty cool thing

about the episode, i enjoyed the fight, i wasn't really expecting Frank's power but that was pretty cool to see =o

rip Jeanne ...
and while i don't care about Sieg...i was still hoping for the Astolfo win lol oh well let's see, 1 episode left
at least they waited till the last 3/4 weeks before they started to make the characters disappear, giving us enough time to enjoy all of them

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 24, 2017 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
ryanstrike said:

Third and Last stage art from FGO, not Lilly, Lilly is a younger self if not wrong.
Dec 24, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode in terms of action, as for the story and writing, it's pretty mediocre.

Jeanne!!! T.T
Seeing her use her second NP in her third FGO ascended form was amazing.

The Shirou and Sieg duel had some fantastic animation and choreography but I just dislike the fact that Sieg of all people is probably gonna win due to plot convenience and MC powers but whatever. I'll probably sum up my thoughts regarding why I find the context of the events mediocre after the final episode.
Lelouch0202Dec 24, 2017 5:10 PM
Dec 24, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Putting the BEST ANIMATION aside. It seems this is the only episode I appreciated Jeanne...

ryanstrike said:

It's just her last form.

Dec 24, 2017 6:47 PM
Mar 2016
Well, that's it for Ruler, now all was left of her was a girl....what is her name again?????
Dec 24, 2017 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, action was the only good thing about this episode. Now to wait however many months it takes to show the finale.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 24, 2017 7:56 PM
Dec 2017
Finally Jeanne is dead talk about a Christmas gift! But why dafaq does Astalfo still have both arms?? And what is this protagonist plot armor about Frankenstein being inside Sieg now like geez what's next? He'll have Jack the ripper abilities too and suddenly a hundred homonculi show up? Or maybe bits of Vlad and he'll become an imortal homonculi vampire! Considering How much plot armor he has I can see this happening sadly enough
Siv3001Dec 24, 2017 8:10 PM
Dec 24, 2017 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
I must say, these last several episodes have absolutely phenomenal in terms of action. The animation has been great and the fights have been entertaining, and this episode kept up that trend.

Sieg vs. Shirou was a pretty cool fight, but that hidden Berserker power-up was unexpected. The Blasted Tree thing occurred quite a while ago so I forgot about that. I guess it makes sense now why Sieg was able to keep up with Shirou without transforming. Interested in seeing how this will all end next episode.

Oh yeah, RIP Ruler.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2017 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
They gave sieg a random power up. Like cool he is now a beserker after being a saber? And Ruler shouldn't be losing to a regular servant. They were created to be able to stop multiple servants at a time. Frankenstein was kinda weak compared to the other servants. Frankenstein vs Shirou part 1, Shirou was winning easily without his true form and now he's having problems???
Dec 24, 2017 9:27 PM

Apr 2015
Whoahoho said:
Well, that's it for Ruler, now all was left of her was a girl....what is her name again?????

Her name is Laeticia.
Dec 24, 2017 10:10 PM
Jan 2017
When I watched the episode, I definitely felt the cringe levels were getting off the charts. If my patience for Sieg and Jeanne's underdeveloped romance was wearing thin, then my patience for their lack of meaningul character evolution was already on life support. I like them on principle and there were moments when the series did them justice, but most of the time it felt they didn't live up to their reputation as protagonists. The philosophical battle between Jeanne and Amakusa felt like Amakusa was the one presenting logical and well-founded arguments while Jeanne was just using empty platitudes. Then comes Sieg, who delivers a speech so corny that Superman, Jean-Luc Picard or Optimus Prime wouldn't say it. In my opinion, Amakusa, Mordred, Kairi, Caules and Fiore were more likeable and memorable; and it makes me wonder how different the series would have been if they were the protagonists. To be honest, I'm glad Semiramis and Shakespeare are still around; maybe they still have roles to play in the finale. Also, it's good to see Caules get some closure after Berserker's death; it looks like he needed it. Alright, the finale is coming soon, so let's just wait to see what happens.
Dec 24, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
Go go berserker , damm you dont know how much i liked this episode
BRAWLERS
Dec 24, 2017 10:37 PM
Dec 2017
zKitsune said:
They gave sieg a random power up. Like cool he is now a beserker after being a saber? And Ruler shouldn't be losing to a regular servant. They were created to be able to stop multiple servants at a time. Frankenstein was kinda weak compared to the other servants. Frankenstein vs Shirou part 1, Shirou was winning easily without his true form and now he's having problems???

1. It was not a random power up. The possibility of a new frankenstein being born is one of blasted tree's effects.

2. Ruler didnt lose to Shirou. She lost against the Grail + Shirou + Her own NP is basically a suicide move because it is the crystallization of her burning in the stake, La Pucelle. Using both of Shirou's arms, he created basically a black hole nade of the energy of the Grail.

3. Frankenstein is weak yes but ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT. Galvanism, the green stuff around franky and sieg, allows them to continuously regenerate prana as if an engine motion
Dec 24, 2017 10:40 PM
Dec 2017
HeroVladimir93 said:
When I watched the episode, I definitely felt the cringe levels were getting off the charts. If my patience for Sieg and Jeanne's underdeveloped romance was wearing thin, then my patience for their lack of meaningul character evolution was already on life support. I like them on principle and there were moments when the series did them justice, but most of the time it felt they didn't live up to their reputation as protagonists. The philosophical battle between Jeanne and Amakusa felt like Amakusa was the one presenting logical and well-founded arguments while Jeanne was just using empty platitudes. Then comes Sieg, who delivers a speech so corny that Superman, Jean-Luc Picard or Optimus Prime wouldn't say it. In my opinion, Amakusa, Mordred, Kairi, Caules and Fiore were more likeable and memorable; and it makes me wonder how different the series would have been if they were the protagonists. To be honest, I'm glad Semiramis and Shakespeare are still around; maybe they still have roles to play in the finale. Also, it's good to see Caules get some closure after Berserker's death; it looks like he needed it. Alright, the finale is coming soon, so let's just wait to see what happens.

Amakusa's wish is actually Evil. He will basically turn everyone into mindless zombies in the form of Soul. No need to eat sleep feel love hate etc. You will only Exist. It is a World of Good simply because nothing will happen. In a more accurate sense, it is a world where the will of humans are forcefully controlled. It is like living in North Korea but imagine only thinking about Kim Jong Un every second.
Dec 24, 2017 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
JDartrix said:
zKitsune said:

1. It was not a random power up. The possibility of a new frankenstein being born is one of blasted tree's effects.

2. Ruler didnt lose to Shirou. She lost against the Grail + Shirou + Her own NP is basically a suicide move because it is the crystallization of her burning in the stake, La Pucelle. Using both of Shirou's arms, he created basically a black hole nade of the energy of the Grail.

3. Frankenstein is weak yes but ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT. Galvanism, the green stuff around franky and sieg, allows them to continuously regenerate prana as if an engine motion

For number 2, Ruler as in Shirou because Shirou is also a ruler class like Jeanne. I think they said that after he killed the vampire. I just feel like he shouldn't be having difficulties with Sieg, even with one arm.
Dec 24, 2017 10:52 PM
Dec 2017
zKitsune said:
JDartrix said:

For number 2, Ruler as in Shirou because Shirou is also a ruler class like Jeanne. I think they said that after he killed the vampire. I just feel like he shouldn't be having difficulties with Sieg, even with one arm.

It was barely shown in this episode but Shirou BARELY defeated Jeanne (that with Grail help) and sufferred brain damage because of controlling the Grail abd lost over half of his Servant power due to the fight WHILE losing 80% of the Grail due to La Pucelle. It was a SEVERE HANDICAP

Also you forget, Amakusa Shirou Tokisada is a Low Tier Heroic Spirit. He is actually weaker than Frankenstein (had he not have Shakespeare's katana he would have lost). The only reason he survived the 3rd Grail War was because he used his cunning mind and True Name discernment. He was already summoned in Japan then yet was still a low tier Heroic Spirit. What more fighting over the Mediterranean Sea.

Also about vampire, Shirou became an Executor like Kirei after the 3rd War who specialized in heretic hunting such as Vampire Extermination. Its not related to being ruler
Dec 24, 2017 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
_Peksi said:
Sigh I knew it wasn't gonna happen, but I was still hoping for Shirou to succeed.
Well thanks to Ruler and Sieg, people get to keep dying in pain and misery with many of them not being able to anything about it.
They are the true villains of this story.

After listening to Shirou's wish it doesn't sound so bad. It wasn't the idealistic goal of no pain I found convincing, but instead if anything seemingly it would ascend all humanity into a god-like or (close to it) level of existence.
Ironic that a homunculus only a couple of days/weeks old with zero life experience is going to interfere with humanity gaining immortal godhood. Seig seems to have so many rare and miraculous events happen for him that at times it's been hard to keep a suspension of disbelief, unless there is some force/being behind the scenes helping him.
ScortchedDec 25, 2017 12:40 AM
Dec 25, 2017 12:21 AM
Jul 2016
Wait... did they actually summon Gilles? I thought he was just an illusion created from Shakespeare's NP...
Dec 25, 2017 12:25 AM
Dec 2011
Whew, other than the fighting scenes, an absolutely terrible episodes.
Cute, not pedo.
Dec 25, 2017 12:27 AM
Apr 2017
saianudeep said:

if u remember the earlier ep where there is a fight between berserker and saber of red then and then seig is involved in it. In the end, berserker uses her noble phantasm The Blasted Tree to save the situation but ends up getting consumed. But actually, she was attached to seig all this while as in her prayer she wanted someone to receive a part of her. Also Caules, Berserker's master doesn't lose his command spell all this time.
Dec 25, 2017 12:33 AM
Jun 2017
Wow!!! First Sieg then became the berserker... he sure did is a great humonculus. Anyways i love that Ruler (Shirou) vs ruler (Jean) fight... and take note Assasin is still alive... i cant wait for its finale episode next week...
Dec 25, 2017 3:18 AM
Apr 2017
im just salty how they let assassin survived

would be a lot cooler if they let mordred fight the last battle with sieg or something xd
Dec 25, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus, FGO is overtaking everything these days.
Inevitable end for Ruler just happened, but with a style.

Big ass fights are back boiz, next week Grant Finale (everyone will be shiting about almost a week long after the end of this series)

Come on Sieg, awake
Dec 25, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
Gilles helped, I wasn't expecting it.
Bye Jeanne.
Dec 25, 2017 4:48 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't really like the first half of the show but man these past few episodes have been amazing.

Some of the complaints about Sieg being able to fight Shirou is understandable but at least this hasn't been as dumb as the UBW fight between Gilgamesh and that other Shirou.
Dec 25, 2017 5:14 AM

May 2014
why is this anime giving me reasons to roll for Apocrypha servants. After watching this episode, I WANT TO ROLL FOR JEANNE D' ARC

NA player here AND I'M HOPING, Sieg is a free servant in Apocrypha event in JP.

IMAGINE, Sieg being a servant, I'm sure some nasuverse epic plot magic will make Sieg transforms to Siegfried anytime he likes. Or maybe only Siegfried's abilities.

IMAGINE, Sieg' Noble Phantasm will be Balmung + Blasted Tree, holy shit
Okay, I'm just talking about FGO now.
For the episode, as usual I don't like the battle animations, BUT the fight was still epic.

About Amakusa's Twin Arm - Big Crunch
Dec 25, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
Fate is on a roll,this was pretty good episode again. And I wasn't aware that Gille could show so much emotions and regret. Can't wait for the final

Good bye Ruler.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.