Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Feb 9, 2018 4:54 AM

That was a dogshit season finale. There was no conflict whatsoever. 1/5

Feb 11, 2018 5:57 AM

It's rare that I like when an ending does not really end an anime, but this one is very good. This last scene with Phosphophyllite is perfect.

I would love to see a sequel, but if it stays like this, I'm ok with it. The world building is awesome with all these gems and the story about humans. I want to see more things about it!
The fact that there is no gender is also interesting, we can choose which gems acts more like a girl or not.
My favorite part is the one with Antarcticite. The chemistry between Antar and Phos was very pleasant to watch. The flow between the dialogs is great and with the camera angles and the fluidity of animations, the fights are incredible.

I loved this anime!

Feb 12, 2018 3:03 PM
For me it's one of the best anime I've ever seen. Amazing OST, animation, characters and history. I need a season 2.

Feb 13, 2018 11:52 PM
damn cliffhanger ending, i hope there will be a season 2 of this since im too lazy to read its manga

Feb 23, 2018 6:02 AM
I'm willing to wait forever. Please keep up the amazing art.

Feb 27, 2018 4:55 AM

Oh good God what an ending to finish this season on! I really hope they work on a second season soon!! :(

I'll miss these hilarious gemstones and their personalities, and look forward to meeting more!

10/10, one of my favourites from 2017 for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Mar 4, 2018 3:15 PM

Well this sure was something... but one thing is sure since I started this anime I disliked the horrible CGI and still find it horrible... I've got no idea why this even won the best CGI anime award from Crunchyroll but it's really awful in my eyes.

That aside, the story was a bit all over the place, some episodes were really decent and quite intense while others were just pure weak and meh.

So in the end I really did not like this anime as a whole, it lacked in various places and with such awful CGI I can't really say I enjoyed watching it.

However I am glad that I finished this, because if I didn't had any set rules, I would have probably dropped it by episode 2 already.

Mar 5, 2018 5:18 AM
It was okay. For me the cg is the best thing about this show. If i was rating it solely for the animation it wouldve been a 10 no question.

Phos kept annoying the fuck out of me, but im glad they stopped being a usless piece of shit later on.

It wasnt a bad show but it wasnt as good as everyone was hyping it.

7/10

Mar 6, 2018 10:57 AM

That cliffhanger though! Hopefully they'll continue and make season 2.
Modified by TheDash, Mar 6, 2018 11:06 AM

Mar 13, 2018 9:11 PM

Houseki no Kuni is beautiful. So are blushing gems.

What a ride this has been. This show has elicited all kinds of emotions out of me, I can't wait for any sort of continuation we may get in the future.

Mar 16, 2018 5:43 PM

I hoped for a more meaningful cliffhanger from this episode, but it was good nevertheless. I really liked the way Phos was trying to capture one of them so that they can talk. Did Cinnabar's power look like Phos's golden alloy because of the sunset? For a second there I thought Cinnabar acquired some new power :'D
Pretty sure Phos and Cinnabar are going to the moon, or at least will try to make contact and then go there.

- I did not expect to like this anime as much as I did. I was interested after seeing the trailer, but I didn't think it would have such an interesting plot and world, with all these details concerning gems and how they work here.
- I'm a bit disappointed in how much Phos changed, though it is understandable after the shock they went through, but I would have liked if they stayed a bit more like they used to be, and not just occasionally.
- The existential and other deep aspects of this show were quite interesting, and I wouldn't have expected such depth from this. I also liked how different and quirky every character was, some of which were also related to the gem they were (like Diamond being both beautiful and tough, but also insecure thanks to being easier to break due to their nature).
- I'm happy to see an anime were CG was correctly and amazingly used (and I don't mean occasional CG in anime, but the ones almost completely made with CG). The hair of the gems and the action scenes were all excellent, and very well made.

I'm giving the show an 8/10, and I hope a 2nd season will come later, although I might start the manga in the future if there are no signs of a new season.

Mar 27, 2018 12:32 AM

231 years?
Back to sleep.
lol at Zircon.
It has eyes.
It can talk?
Cinnabar interrupted.
Phos needs Cinnabar.

And that was the end. It was better than I expected.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Mar 27, 2018 8:05 PM
I hope a season 2 will be made, because I need more of this wonderful series.

Apr 5, 2018 9:38 AM

I feel like I've watched a different anime than most of the people here, hell I should've dropped it after the 4th episode when I already started to feel that it's not going to be anything interesting. But I though that maybe something happens later, something that hooked so many people, but nah. This last episode was such a chore to watch. Nothing was explained, the anime had no specific direction, hell I feel like nothing has changed since the 1st ep, only that Phos randomly got new limbs and also a mental scar to force some developement to make her/him/it look like he/she/it's always bored. Events had absolutely no meaning, like she was swallowed by a snail and it made her learn they speach and what? Nothing. A lunarian randomly got turned into puppies and sensei made some weird comment forshadowing a mystery and what? Nothing. Some things meant to be flesh are supposedly kidnapped and kept on moon and what? NOTHING. A gem woke up after 200+ so they can chat for 2 minutes and what? NOTHING. I'd normally expect events in a show to have some meaning and actually influence something, but nah not here. I just can't. I won't even write about how dull the characters were, I'm done.

Apr 16, 2018 12:43 PM

FUCKING UNDERRATED MOTHERFUCKER

Do you like Geology?
Do you like cute characters?
Do you like little masterpieces ?
you came to the right place

this is the type of anime that by the time you realise it, you already finished the whole episode bcos you cannot remember you had pressed the next episode button. this make me sooooo hookeddd.

Apr 20, 2018 1:38 PM

CGI...feels like playing with lag lol.
7/10.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.

Apr 22, 2018 5:53 AM
I would have give it a much higher score if the show didn't end with the cliffhanger. The initial part of the story felt slow and dull. Phos was a very annoying character. It changing into a sort of better character was the only thing which was the only good thing which came out at the end. A little info about the relation between Shiro and Sensei would have been nice. The CGI was amazing imo and hoping for another season.

6/10

May 1, 2018 4:53 AM
Main char had plenty of development, but the plot kind of went nowhere. Can't get myself to give it more than a 6/10 since it was somewhat enjoyable nonetheless.

May 16, 2018 10:58 AM
I feel sorrow for the lonely cinnabar. Oh my, look on how she blushed, so gorgeous <3 Also i missed the old cute & spoiled little phos.

May 17, 2018 2:24 AM
I absolutely loved this anime. It's just so beautiful, I can barely handle it

May 18, 2018 2:04 PM

Bizarre, enthralling, intelligent, poignant, and fun, I need a 2nd season of this show yesterday

-Gold, heavy and malleable. There's something appropriate about Phos' body becoming such. And in many ways our lead is ahead of everyone else, with the capacity to bend but never break carrying the weight of something they all suspect

-And not just with Adamantine, but needless to say the Lunarians aren't all..."bad"

-It ends right as Phos and Cinnabar are about to team up. It didn't go the way either of them intended, and the bright-eyed idealism is long gone. But after everything that's happened, a rough-edged conclusion such as this is quite appropriate

Aug 17, 2018 12:59 AM

What an incredible show that tantalises all the senses. The OST and visuals are all beyond amazing. The world they've created seems so stoeck but yet is filled with so much life.

No idea what the season 2 plans are but I think I'm going to cave and dive into the manga. I'll miss the grand yet elegant OST dearly.

Sep 13, 2018 4:00 AM
Gonna miss that diamond

Sep 18, 2018 5:46 PM

Cool how the finale mirrored episode one

Sep 23, 2018 10:01 AM

From cheerful Phos to dead inside Phos.

Damn cliffhanger ending. I think this series isn't for me because I just couldn't grasp the story or maybe it's just because there are lots of questions on this series. At least it's engaging because it makes me curious about lots of stuff and want to know the answer. This better have a 2nd season.

Sep 28, 2018 8:04 PM
Oh my God, that cliffhanger...REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I need more of this. A second season, a movie, OVA. Anything will do, I just need more! Just like with Little Witch Academia, I also fell in love with this show, and that's something rare. I really hope they give it some form of closure in the future.

Oct 18, 2018 5:18 PM

I hope there is a season 2 this anime is really unique , its masterpiece . i want to find the truth behind the lunarians

Dec 13, 2018 5:47 PM

Dammit, it's over TT^TT

I loved this anime sososo much.

Wish Ruby was conscious for a longer period of time ;A; she was just oozing amazingness so effortlessly <3

There was a lack of including the other gemstones, but Phos developed well :') and I'm glad this anime set itself apart by not making Bort jealous of Phos' upgrade and how it's a breathtakingly beautiful CGI anime. The storyline is unique. I always felt a little nervous when the Lunarians showed up bc of the music LOL. Soundtracks were nice.

All in all,
10/10

I would've normally docked off a point if an anime neglects its side characters too much or introduces a new character last minute who falls short bc there's not enough eps left to develop them, but for this anime, it just straight up deserves a 10 haha xD Plus, Rutile already explained before that Ruby doesn't keep her consciousness for very long, so it was perfectly fine in this case

The way they did the cliffhanger was a very gentle rise :) I don't feel any frustrating hype, which is nice hehe ;P

Hoping for a S2 *O*
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Dec 13, 2018 5:53 PM

Jan 9, 2:42 AM

I always like a story where it end like when it all started
I mean it's not exactly ending, but well

I'll miss all glorious female seiyuu voices in this anime, what a treat xD
I wish there's an event for this anime.. oh wai-
"Signature removed"

Jan 30, 6:29 PM
Well, the cliffhanger was expected but I felt the episode a bit boring.

Overall, I liked the action scenes and the gems' butts, the world was quite interesting with a lot of mysteries. I hated how they changed Phos: such a boring facial expression and attitude to me (although I kinda understand. Kinda), the rest of the characters weren't as appealing as her.

Looking forward to a season 2.

Feb 4, 12:59 AM

Ahh I feel so empty after finishing this series, time to read the manga,..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

Mar 22, 1:51 AM

Binged watched it all today. Very interesting and different from what I'm used to. Definitely hoping for a season 2 or I'll have to look into the manga and get some progression there. Cliffhanger is kind of a bummer, but I'm hope this means they plan on continuing it in the near future. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

Mar 29, 10:10 AM

YoJerm said:
Binged watched it all today. Very interesting and different from what I'm used to. Definitely hoping for a season 2 or I'll have to look into the manga and get some progression there. Cliffhanger is kind of a bummer, but I'm hope this means they plan on continuing it in the near future. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I got really invested in Phosphophyllites journey and lack of conclusion is really bumming me out. Might in fact need to pick up the manga.

Apr 3, 10:12 PM

The ending was so hanging.

Girls are so cute, their outfits are cute but I notice the shots were over sexualizing the girls lol there are weird camera angle and all .
I'm angry when Lunarians capture Antarcticite. (I like her character)
Phos old self is troublesome but funny, I'm happy she became strong but she's not her old self anymore :(
I feel sad for girls for always fighting Lunarians but Sensei seems a villain too, he keep secrets.

So many questions, no revelation until it ends :(
まだまだだね ~

May 16, 1:53 AM

Amazing anime. Everything about this anime is great, especially the characters.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store