Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2017 11:02 PM

Sep 2009
^
What's going on here? I haven't actually watched it, so what's the problem? Or the charm?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 22, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2016
I was in Akihabara when the show was just starting and I noticed how popular it was.Mal is actually unique in the fact that we almost are universally indifferent to the show.Thier are a lot of English speakers on Reddit that like the show. Gigguk is also trying to hold up the show as a masterpiece because he respects it for being shameless trash. Personally, I think that it's not even that trashy most the time and that it's more boring than anything. Nobody really has a good reason for liking it.
Dec 23, 2017 12:17 AM

Apr 2016
It's nothing new to know that Nipponjins have completely different taste in anime that west.

What is top there is not top here, vice versa.
Dec 23, 2017 12:55 AM

Oct 2015
It's honestly pretty okay for a SOL anime and entertaining at that. The main problem lies on how most people here on MAL or international fans at this case make the ' incest ' part of the show to big of a deal. I asked a RL friend why he disliked Eromanga sensei and you'd exxpect the answer. >incest. I reckon that the show would at least reach a 7.30 in this site if you make the two characters to absolutely not be brother and sister but still make everything absolutely the same
EGOISTDec 23, 2017 1:03 AM
Dec 23, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2011
People on MAL have generally watched more anime than even the average Japanese person.

People who have seen and rated more anime may actually dislike this more than people who have not seen so many.

On facebook, where people infamously only watch DbZ over and over, they loved this anime.

People who watch one or two anime at a time are more likely to like the anime they watch.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 23, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
EGOIST said:
It's honestly pretty okay for a SOL anime and entertaining at that. The main problem lies on how most people here on MAL or international fans at this case make the ' incest ' part of the show to big of a deal. I asked a RL friend why he disliked Eromanga sensei and you'd exxpect the answer. >incest. I reckon that the show would at least reach a 7.30 in this site if you make the two characters to absolutely not be brother and sister but still make everything absolutely the same

Eromanga Sensei is one of the most fun and enjoyable slice of life comedy anime I've seen. It's the type of show where if you're feeling shitty, or you're having a bad day, you turn on a episode, and it instantly makes you happy/positive

I don't think the majority of people who hate the show dislike it because of the incest part. Incest is not a new concept to anime, It's been around for a very long time, so seeing a show that has this theme shouldn't be surprising. Hell if you want to go the extra mile, they are not even blood related, like Oreimo. Yet Oreimo has a decent score of 7.38

People who bash on Eromanga Sensei are nothing but blind sheep that like to jump the bandwagon.

Haxxspetten perfectly summuarizes truth in his review of the show

"Almost every single season nowadays, it seems there has to be a scapegoat. An anime which you are somehow obliged to publically hate on or you'll be looked down upon by the community and no one will take you seriously. I'm honestly sick of this kind of group pressure/bandwagon mentality. We're now halfway through the year 2017 and yet hating on popular stuff over the internet is somehow still considered to be the coolest and best thing since sliced bread. *Especially* when it's gross, creepy and immoral shit made for closet pedos, am I right? Shows like this really bring out the most toxic sides of the anime community.

When you have an anime which totally wears its heart on its sleeve and doesn't try to hide its true intentions in any way, why is it that so many people seemingly insist on still making themselves watch it even when it's clear as day that they're not going to like it and that they're not part of the target audience? Eromanga-sensei is one of the most blatantly polarizing series in the last few seasons, and quite frankly you should be able to easily figure out whether you will enjoy it or not just from reading the synopsis"
Dec 23, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2017
eromanga sensei is my favorite incest anime next to fma and the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
Edward Elric > your waifu

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.