Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one who frequently drops anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2017 9:45 PM

May 2009
rdeyoung8 said:
I've noticed that my drop list is much longer than others (41 dropped compared to 109 completed). Personally, I don't really feel the need to watch a show if it doesn't appeal to me. I feel I can discern "quality" pretty quick and I generally try not to drop shows I think are well made, but if I just can't get into it then why continue? If I really feel it's worth watching later then it goes on the "on hold" list.

I currently have 125 completed and 50 dropped.

I don't necessarily drop for "quality" reasons -- some stuff I threw into the Dropped pile because I don't expect myself to return to them anytime soon, even if it's stuff I enjoyed.

And it's not like "Dropped" is a permanent curse on a series anyway.

But I drop for a similar reason as you do -- if I feel a series is actively offending me then why should I bother continuing to watch it? Sometimes a premise or a ham-handed presentation style can get just that annoying and so I don't have any qualms about dropping it. My list exists first and foremost for my own convenience.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 29, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
It's fine.Not all ppl can enjoy the shows they're watching,just treat it as normal.Watch your own favourite anime at your pace.

Life is empty without anime

Dec 31, 2017 12:59 AM

Aug 2016
you know you can´t be the only one, dude

dropping anime is really relieving. When I drop after 1 or 2 eps, I´m like "well, this is not for me". and when its after 3 or more it makes feel like "finally, i got rid of this sh*t". And I´m sure many people feel that way.

people keep watching anime to be completionists ? not thanks. not for me. I watch anime for myself, not to discuss it with strangers. nothing valuable about talking about anime that bores me to death.

:v
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» im kinda new to anime

thefoxkiller12 - Apr 29, 2022

17 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
5 seconds ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 2 hours ago

14 by BilboBaggins365 »»
4 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 4 hours ago

21 by MichaelJackson »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

33 by W3TFT »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

6 by FanofAction »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.