Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 21, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2017
I feel like the people who hate it, don't understand the series. It's a comedy horror anime, and that's how you're meant to view it. I don't get why the series has been labeled trash since the beginning, I like comedy horror anime like these, and would be happy to see it get a season 2. I don't think it's as good as a comedy horror as Another, or mayogia, but it's pretty enjoyable
SanjiVinsmokesDec 22, 2017 10:45 AM
Dec 21, 2017 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
West(where most of watcher isecure teenagers who prefer believe yourself anything possible shounens like ttgl or full metal) historically sensitive to deaths in animes, and usually any anime with lot of death considered edgy and trash
Dec 21, 2017 7:21 PM
Jan 2016
M8, if you can show me that this is supposed to be a comedy i will chance my score to 10/10 'cause i laughed way too much seeing these characters die. Now let's be real, the author did not mean to make a comedy out of this, the only reason that this is funny is because every measly thing is super over the top.

Edit: broken english fixed.
Dec 21, 2017 7:31 PM
May 2015
Swim_Swim said:
West(where most of watcher isecure teenagers who prefer believe yourself anything possible shounens like ttgl or full metal) historically sensitive to deaths in animes, and usually any anime with lot of death considered edgy and trash

L O L.

If this is your reasoning for why this show is labelled as absolute garbage, you REAAAAALLLLY need to take your head out of your ass.
Dec 21, 2017 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
I score this with an 8... And before I scored 3 because is bad... and really bad, but at a point, I start to enjoy this.. then my conclusion is that this is a B anime (like a B movie). The low quality makes this good.
Dec 21, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2014
Lol this was NOT a comedy anime, or at least it wasn't intended to be. The genre tags indicate that, along with the overall tone of the show. People who hated this didn't hate it because they didn't understand it, and I doubt it's because they're all sensitive to death in anime as ludicrously suggested by the person a few spots above me. It's because the show didn't deliver on what viewers expected from it. It's labeled as a horror drama, and that's what people expected from it coming in, but instead they got an unintentional comedy, that was hilarious for all of the wrong reasons. Imagine watching Naruto, a battle shounen, but instead of getting the cool action and fights you expect from that, you get a moe high school slice of life. You expected one thing, but got something completely different. That's what happened here. People expected a dramatic horror, but got a terribly executed comedy that wasn't even supposed to be a comedy in the first place. I can't speak for the 39% of people that gave this a 4 or below, but I feel like THAT'S why they hated it.
thebrentinator24Dec 21, 2017 10:49 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 21, 2017 11:38 PM
Apr 2011
What hate. People are totally impressed by its supreme ability to suck. The traffic you are seeing in reviews and such are people rushing to congratulate the series for its unparalleled supremacy
Dec 21, 2017 11:55 PM

Apr 2016
Well, whatever the reason, the hate will continue.

Because this show is getting another season.
Dec 22, 2017 1:33 AM

Oct 2017
Because everything about it is shit.

The ending is a big "Fxxk You!" for even watching the show cuz this entire game is pointless.

If the game is pointless , at least the journey is what that counts right?
Nope, the journey itself is inconsistent, stupendous garbage.
Dec 22, 2017 2:53 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Man, ppl who watch anime and upset at the gored. What are you watching? The horror/psychological? If you don't like it, don't pick up.
I didn't even care for the other parts ppl upset about since there are worst stuff from other series. Your list is just limited. Ever try watch it for mystery, put everything else aside, and put all the puzzle/hint they give together. (Ppl still asking questions bc they are confused at the ending, i do hope ya not one of them)
Dec 22, 2017 3:39 AM

May 2012
The show is clearly not comedy series. Noting funny about it

I personally enjoy it because if the gore, pain, watching character suffering and breaking their fingers and forced to have sex is disturbing and makes me feel sick (yes I do enjoy things that disturb me because thats the purpose of horror show). I also like Natsuko evil personality

I'm also happy it got 2nd season. Funny that haters will hate it but they will still watch it anyway which makes me suspect that they are enjoying the show but don't want to admit it

Dec 22, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
thepath said:

I personally enjoy it because if the gore, pain, watching character suffering and breaking their fingers and forced to have sex is disturbing and makes me feel sick (yes I do enjoy things that disturb me because thats the purpose of horror show). I also like Natsuko evil personality

I'm also happy it got 2nd season. Funny that haters will hate it but they will still watch it anyway which makes me suspect that they are enjoying the show but don't want to admit it

Exactly the true comedy is that many claim to hate it , yet all of them watched till the end anyway.
If so bad,I wouldnt waste my time, if I come accross a trash anime I drop it without hesitation...
Dec 22, 2017 10:44 AM
Apr 2011
thepath said:

What naivety! Good job! (<--- If you still don't get it, this is why King's Game gets its attention.)

It's fine to have a grotesque plot. It's fine to torture the characters -- if, if, if, the series does what any series should do, which is to proper set up the characters for the viewers to invest in them.

Seeing the characters forced to have sex? Sure. Who doesn't like that? But what is there to like if the characters like the sex to begin with. Oh some twisted faces before, during and after the sex and that's supposed to represent struggle? Hehe. Good naivety.

You want to see a good character forced to have sex? Here is how it should be done: introduce her to the viewers with normal activities, get her fall in love with someone, add in a bit of struggle in that pursuit of love -- unrequited or something, just as that love matures, boom, forced to have sex. Either make her have sex with the person she likes but not in return -- only to find out how empty the experience is -- or to make her have sex with another person and the person she likes is big on virginity but is willing yet struggles to look away.

The reason this series will compete to be the worst anime series in history -- which is why it even receives attention -- is not how antithetical it is with the mainstream, but how it tries and yet fails terribly at it.
Dec 22, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2017
I'm not sure if the season 2 announcement was legit ? I hope so
Dec 22, 2017 10:46 AM
Apr 2011
Swim_Swim said:
thepath said:

Exactly the true comedy is that many claim to hate it , yet all of them watched till the end anyway.
If so bad,I wouldnt waste my time, if I come accross a trash anime I drop it without hesitation...

I watched to check out how bad it can manage to be. Problem? (Remember, "hate", is the choice word of certain someone(s).)
Dec 22, 2017 10:58 AM
Mar 2013
Don't confuse rating it low or giving a negative opinion about it being hating. If someone truly hated this show they wouldn't even give it the time of the day. I for one gave it a very low score and I think it is bad but do I hate it? No, I don't because otherwise I wouldn't even bother watching it after finding out how bad it is which can easily occur way sooner before you even reach halfway through.

I enjoyed it for what it is. At the end of the day, it's what matters which most people either forget or ignores.
Dec 22, 2017 1:21 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
not seen it yet but i doubt it's any worse than evil or live

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Dec 22, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2011
I reviewed this show as accidental greatest comedy of 2017 but the mods removed my review... must have been a fan of the show. I seriously did not enjoy this though, I went into this thinking it would be a battle royale and get corny deaths because of some
Most chracters are unlikable as well, the MC being the biggest tool out there. I get it, he's the nice guy, heck I normally like the nice guys but here it does not work, even more so when you got a crazy bitch killing everyone left and right and yet the next episode she acts all innocent and everyone trusts her again? I'd have shanked that girl first chance I got, and I can't even hurt a fly normally. The only good thing this show had was the corny deaths, good for a laugh and the music which i did enjoy a lot, might get the OST for it, but sadly this failed so hard as a horror drama show.
Dec 22, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2014
It's studio makes hentai so no surprise there.
Dec 23, 2017 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
I'd say King's Game gets negative reception because it's simply a terrible show.

After watching the whole thing I struggle to find anything good about it, and for me, the only enjoyment came from the unintentional comedy of it being such an utter trainwreck.

They packed two manga series into one 12-episode anime, giving themselves no time to flesh out any characters, so the deaths are not impactful at all. Not to mention the moronic way the entire cast acts pretty much all the time, which goes too way far to just blame it on their psychological distress. The technical aspects of this anime are on a scale from average to just plain bad, nothing impressive there. A number of the plot points in this are also some of the stupidest, most ill-conveived idiocies I've encountered in a while, and the origins of the King's Game are probably one of the most retarded concepts I've ever seen. Oh, and the scene where we actually learn about them is just icing on the cake.

And OP, I don't know where you got the idea that this is a comedy horror. I'd say that it being hilariously bad doesn't really count and as far as I can tell, this was intended as a serious horror/drama series.
Dec 23, 2017 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
thepath said:

If you think this show is not comedy, it shows that you have a naive mind lolz.

This show is definitely a comedy cuz every gore part and character interaction is so dumb it's laughable. Seriously I laughed out loud during those chainsaw moments.

A real horror series should not let you have such emotion or it's failing miserably at what it's intended to do.
Dec 23, 2017 4:07 AM

Sep 2014
I don't know about this anime yet. I didn't start it. But do people seriously believe that a horror anime can't be a comedy at the same time? Seriously? Do you even watch horror movie? About half horror movie I've watched were also comedy, so I don't see why this can't apply to anime as well.

Oh MAL, you crazy...
Dec 23, 2017 4:30 AM
Jan 2012
Swim_Swim said:

I watched it to see what they could do with the story and the ending, I wouldn't say I hated it but I didn't really like it

I rated it 3/10 because they couldn't decide if the show was going to be an utter blood fest over a simple cut or a walk in the park after being set on fire or had a chainsaw in the neck. While some of the gore was pretty well done, it quickly went from being disturbing to just a mess of a show, whats a shame.

The bizarre kings requests didn't help the series, couldn't the writers have thought up anything better than /touch boobs/ when writing this... They could write literally anything but decided to go down the this route... Why

The pacing felt really off what wasn't really helped by jumping between current and past timelines (Although this was better than some other anime) and the random jumps in events. End of one episode you're doing one thing, the next episode you're meeting up with everyone like nothing happened. A few times I found myself really getting into this series then some random event happened bring me back to /why am I even watching this/

---

I've spent too much time on this utter trash of an anime... off to go watch something better like Mars of Destruction
Nyan!
Dec 23, 2017 5:27 AM

Sep 2017
What confuses me is that you said it was enjoyable, yet you gave it a 3? Are you being sarcastic OP?

Anyways, I rated it low because I could barely sit through one episode.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Dec 23, 2017 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
GG for the sarcastic thread... r-right?
Dec 24, 2017 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the series, Probably just the same usual MAL cr*p score rating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2017 1:55 AM

Oct 2010
The score indicates it's an average anime, so where is the problem?
Dec 24, 2017 4:05 AM

Aug 2014
It is about as good as one can expect a show to be, when made by a studio that makes hentai. Up till the point where i dropped it the show had revolved around sexually assaulting the girls in the class to survive, what an idiotic plot.
However this wasn't the worst, the worst was that they portrayed two stories at the same time, making it a jumpled mess. Not only that but you also knew how the first game ended because the protagonist already having revealed that he was the only one that had survived. Woohoo way to spoil your own story.
Dec 25, 2017 7:16 AM
Nov 2017
It's was really bad but I did have a lot of fun seeing this as a comedy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.