Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jul 6, 2021 1:30 AM

Sep 2019
Best ending Trump cameo was the best its still funny as hell, even if you dont like Donald Trump he still a legit anime cameo. :P.....10/10-IGN :'D xD
Make Anime Great Again - Donald J. Trump
Jul 8, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2019
tbh, this show was really good, at least for me, the simple fact that this show made me lose my shit when the woman got a phone in front of the baby can tell you that, the whole "being able to kill anyone thru a screen" gave me goosebumps. Never tought a show about a teen and a grown ass man going bang bang with finger guns would be this much of a rollercoaster, the only complains i have are 3, the girl that was into Hiro is just too irracional, I know love makes people do stupid shit and that there is woman still defending ted bundy to this day but this level of coping is too much that it doesn't feel realitic which i jaring because this show is about showing you how it would be if astroboy existed in the real world, The other complain has to be the asteroid ending, you telling me Hiro miscalculated and only made it rotate when he selfdestructed and third one, a little too overdramatic but still an anime that i'm going to keep in my memory unlike most things i see
8/10
Jul 11, 2021 6:15 AM

Apr 2012
9/10 I enjoyed it very much.
I've read almost all of everyone's comments from the first episode to the last and all I can say is that none of you will ever be satisfied because there will never be a common ground for all of you to meet halfway. Just move on to your next anime to whine about. Go away now.
Janethan23Jul 11, 2021 6:18 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 18, 2021 9:39 AM
Apr 2021
Voice acting for me is great and it makes this anime sound so natural and not exaggerated.

I see a lot of potential about this cyborg ojiisan as a hero, a breath of fresh air as I put it. I love his humility, pureness, and him being the underdog. To be honest his aura is something anyone can love because this is a new concept of a hero character. However as I continue this story it goes to straight-up trash, I want to be sad at the end of the ep, but can't. Yes, I enjoyed it very much because of the anticipation of Mr. Inuyashiki being OP and his grandfather's hero aura that calms my mind.

It just disappoints me to see a potential best anime go to waste. I wish the author had come up with much more hurdles that revolve around someone or something (except Hiro) and continue Mr. Inuyashiki's adventure to save anyone in need while leveling up or upgrading his system.

This series is more like a movie chopped into different episodes.

All in all, I give it 7.5/10.
RhodjhunA_16Jul 18, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 20, 2021 4:38 AM

Jan 2020
This show had potential but they wasted it with such a clichending....
Jul 20, 2021 4:39 AM

Jan 2020
And lol WTF Donald Trump doing in the front of character & voice actor section of this show...
Oct 2, 2021 8:15 PM

May 2017
Anime went from 10/10 to 1/10 because of the stupid Trump insert.
Dec 11, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
well, CGI is screaming on your face (!!!), mainly in the mano a mano battle scene between Shishigami and Inuyashiki, besides that there are some considerations about the plot failures, its emotional manipulation and raw manichaeism in the main characters construction, buuut it was a good experience in the end and, by the way, it gave me good insights about our generation and technological dependence, lack of sense of total reality ((virtual) reality), how we are subject to the social conditions of the environment in which we live and educate ourselves, worship of youth and their apparent "invincibility", and what makes us humans and what not (this topic about ambiguous nature of humanity and its utility). This show had some potential of its own (but wasted), even it's adapted from a manga, it could have take its own way to something more interesting.

ps: And I didn't know the manga is from the same author of Gantz, which is funny cause Gantz is always mentioned critically in the show, LOL
removed-userDec 11, 2021 6:28 PM
Jan 20, 2022 10:35 AM

Dec 2018
unbelievable
even with some wonky cgi this is without a doubt a masterpiece that i will have to revisit from time to time, what a ride
Feb 11, 2022 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
This fucking anime... started off great then went to hell after this episode

Can't even read the manga now because of this.
May 22, 2022 12:55 PM

Dec 2020
That was an emotional ending. Inuyashiki revealed the truth and had an emotional bonding moment with his family.

Inuyashiki and Shishigami sacrificed themselves to save the earth.
And Mari won the award for her submission and will get her manga published.

8/10.
Jun 21, 2022 7:55 AM

Jan 2018
Well, that was an ending alright. Doubt there was any other way to end this series than what we got. Inuyashiki would never be able to live normally after this. Not only would he get endless media attention but he would probably stop ageing so he'd outlive his family. It's depressing.

I guess Inuyashiki's family loves him now after he became famous? There were a lot of missed opportunities with these side characters. They were barely explored. I didn't know the name of most of them. It could've been a better show if it took the time to explore everyone, kinda like Parasyte. But it's way too short for that.

Is Shishigami redeemed after his heroic sacrifice? No, I don't think so. His self-destruction didn't affect the asteroid. I'm guessing he already knew about it but lied to Inuyashiki to get one last "gotcha" for him. He even said he was doing this because there were people on earth he cared about specifically. His final conversation with Chokko implied that maybe he finally got some sense and realized what he had been doing was incredibly wrong but it's very open-ended. If there was any way of turning him back to normal then all of this would've never happened, including him saving the planet. And this all happened because of the carelessness of some very advanced aliens.

This was a pretty good series. It had an awesome beginning but by the middle, it just kept going downhill. The setup is still unique and I hope there will be more anime using it. The older hero and younger villain plot that is. If more episodes were focusing on Inuyashiki it could've been better. It's good the series wasn't a "young people bad" type of preaching.

The OP and ED are fire though. The OST in general is really good. The CGI is ok for the most part but there were some times when it looked really bad.

Overall a solid show that I wish had better execution.
0451Jun 21, 2022 11:23 AM
Jun 27, 2022 8:02 AM
Nov 2021
good show. 6/10
also DONARDO TORUMFU.
Aug 20, 2022 2:24 PM
Aug 2022
Very wholesome but way to grewsome
Aug 29, 2022 4:17 PM
Apr 2022
"i ran the simulations" lmao
Aug 29, 2022 5:00 PM

Sep 2020
meh u kno it was aight
Oct 14, 2022 3:48 AM
Aug 2019
15ааааааааааааааааааааааааааааааа
Oct 23, 2022 5:01 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
They made Trump sound way more eloquent than he actually is LOL
I do kinda agree that the end was kinda rushed but I still liked it. I disagree with people saying Hiro died a hero (lmao), he didn't because if it hadn't been for him caring about Chokko and Hiro there's no way he would have done this. It was only to save those specific two people, he doesn't give a shit about the earth and the people living on it. So, imo he died as a villain (because he was far beyond redemption) for his own interests meanwhile Inuyashiki died not only for his family but for the sake of the whole planet.
I wish Inuyashiki could've lived but i get why they decided to end it like this
Overrall high 8/10

Oct 25, 2022 6:39 PM

Jul 2009
When i heard about the asteroid, i though it was Hiro who was so pissed at his situation that used his super strenght to go into space and dizimate everything, but no, just a asteroid.
after all he did i dont know if i can call this redemption at all.
he was teenager living with a girl at his age and he has 0 interest in relationships... really? i wish japan stopped writing about this kind of character because its hard to exist people like this.
Oct 25, 2022 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
0451 said:
Well, that was an ending alright. Doubt there was any other way to end this series than what we got. Inuyashiki would never be able to live normally after this. Not only would he get endless media attention but he would probably stop ageing so he'd outlive his family. It's depressing.

I guess Inuyashiki's family loves him now after he became famous? There were a lot of missed opportunities with these side characters. They were barely explored. I didn't know the name of most of them. It could've been a better show if it took the time to explore everyone, kinda like Parasyte. But it's way too short for that.

Is Shishigami redeemed after his heroic sacrifice? No, I don't think so. His self-destruction didn't affect the asteroid. I'm guessing he already knew about it but lied to Inuyashiki to get one last "gotcha" for him. He even said he was doing this because there were people on earth he cared about specifically. His final conversation with Chokko implied that maybe he finally got some sense and realized what he had been doing was incredibly wrong but it's very open-ended. If there was any way of turning him back to normal then all of this would've never happened, including him saving the planet. And this all happened because of the carelessness of some very advanced aliens.

This was a pretty good series. It had an awesome beginning but by the middle, it just kept going downhill. The setup is still unique and I hope there will be more anime using it. The older hero and younger villain plot that is. If more episodes were focusing on Inuyashiki it could've been better. It's good the series wasn't a "young people bad" type of preaching.

The OP and ED are fire though. The OST in general is really good. The CGI is ok for the most part but there were some times when it looked really bad.

i wish Japan would force Hiro to use his power to heal lots of people until it was like 10x the people he killed instead of just killing him and his friend and the grandma.
Oct 25, 2022 8:23 PM

Jan 2018
legendarysnake said:
0451 said:

i wish Japan would force Hiro to use his power to heal lots of people until it was like 10x the people he killed instead of just killing him and his friend and the grandma.

I don't think the Japanese government or agents knew what Hiro was capable of. It was a far bigger risk to capture and experiment on him instead of just exterminating him asap. Besides, he did end up saving more people than he killed by sacrificing himself on the asteroid, even if his intention was just saving a few that he cared about.
Oct 29, 2022 5:53 PM
Nov 2019
Of all the seasonal animes I wateched, this one is the best! This is a must watch.
Nov 20, 2022 3:04 AM
Nov 2021
That climax ruined everything.... It feels hella rushed... Sometimes animation feels meh... Overall it was good except last epsd
Ost was great.. I liked the ed very much
6/10
Dec 7, 2022 12:04 PM
Jul 2022
Made me cry. That's all I need.
Dec 10, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Cuyoya said:
Made me cry. That's all I need.

I second this. The ending was as perfect as it could be.
Jan 5, 2023 10:12 AM

Apr 2019
The scenes at the house of the family were over-the-top coldblooded. 
It's okay! I already hate the guy. Stop please.
Jan 13, 2023 11:03 PM

Sep 2019
I just want to watch Hiro murder corrupt officials. Maybe rewrite this anime and remove the the compensated dating old dude.
C6R5 Raiden
Jan 13, 2023 11:32 PM

Sep 2019
I watched the entire thing while skipping the compensated dating old dude and the snitch and all the family drama. Too bad MC self detonated would be nice if he can get his own version of anime where he wage war against Japan and entire world and actually win. But problem is that no one is bold enough to write such thing at least there's that single comedy movie where the earth actually got obliterated and humans migrated in space.
C6R5 Raiden
Jan 14, 2023 8:41 AM

Jul 2014
Not a fan of the ending but nonetheless it was enjoyable regardless of that weird CG

7/10
Feb 3, 2023 8:59 PM

Jun 2019
Even though it was built up the asteroid was kinda out of left field. Overall, this was better than what I was expecting.

ALSO TONALD DRUMP
Mar 29, 2023 8:08 AM
Mar 2023
very great love it I cried
Apr 11, 2023 9:21 AM
Jan 2017
caralho q finalzinho em
Apr 12, 2023 2:07 PM
Mar 2022
respect for the old man
May 9, 2023 1:34 PM
Jun 2022
YGCVYTFITKUTGTUOTIY
Jul 5, 2023 1:01 AM
Jun 2019
Buen anime, pero hay momentos en el que la historia da saltos temporales muy brutos y deja un raro sabor de boca
Sep 13, 2023 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2020:

Sep 22, 2023 12:58 PM
Aug 2022
Mappa let me down. Big shock.
Oct 29, 2023 7:33 PM
Oct 2017
Kind of odd but I liked how it really had a different spin
Nov 15, 2023 11:15 PM
Oct 2019
i didn't like the kid robot. i didn't like the girl who was in love with the serial killer kid robot. and i don't get how these two machines with super hearing and super vision and the ability to tap into any electronic and surveillance device in the world has such issues discovering each other's plans and finding each other. just doesn't make any sense

that said, on a human level, i thought this was pretty solid. overall i'd rate it in the 6.5-7.0/10 range
Jan 10, 10:32 PM
Jul 2017
bad anime, it fell off a cliff so hard and the ending was too predictable with the asteroids
Jan 21, 2:00 PM
Jan 2024
Slow start, but it was pretty good overall.
Jan 22, 9:49 PM
Jul 2020
The only way the show could have ended. Loved the show
Feb 18, 7:57 AM

May 2020
That one chapter must have released post 2016, that's why Trump lol. Though he sounded ridiculous, which isn't exactly surprising.

Anyways, I was thinking they'd try to redeem Hiro and unfortunately they did, though him actually acting quite reasonable this time was a good last memory. Though the whole thing with Asteriod and so, wasn't really needed tbh, as an ending and such. Though I guess it played its part, which was to make it seem emotional.

Series was entertaining, yes, though it gives the feeling that Mappa didn't really try to put their best efforts into this. Express pacing is one thing, they could've at least tried to keep the animation and art decent enough.

But again this was fun. 6/10.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

381 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Yesterday, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.