Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final battle against the shrimp and all the otherwordly shenanigans!

This did feel like a climatic finish after everything that happened in this anime. Tbh, I grew to like this show more as more episode progressed. It made a strange impression at first but the more I watched, the more I accepted it. 6/10. It's fine for the surrealistic style and storytelling. A lot of times, this anime made me hungry too with its various food products

Goodbye Parfait~
Dec 20, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
The girls did pretty well fighting against Ebifuruya. They used their creativity to beat him. Everything is back to what is was. Misa leaving was a heartwarming scene. This was a decent show overall. It had some good moments.
Dec 20, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 2013
Misa and the girls come up with a giant bead kitty to beat ebifuruya and he is good again.
Some of the stuff restored and misa goes her own way.

6.9, it was alright except for the despair sad part that went on too long, an apocalyptic ending would have been better too.
Dec 20, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2015
Urahara Overall Impressions:

The many people that skipped Urahara during the fall season probably made the right decision. This is one of the few anime I concluded to be “meh”, despite me finishing this anime. The biggest problems I have with Urahara is that nothing is clear in terms of character motivation up until the 3/4 of the anime kicks in. Even then, character motivations and themes are handled in the most basic, shortcutted way possible. Compared to the somewhat intriguing mystery of the aliens attacking Harujaku, it is hard to care about the characters and anything else aside from the unique art style.

The only things I will probably remember in the long term is Rito’s character, the stylish music and animation of OP/ED, and the general art style. Had this series at least had been complemented with consistent high quality animation and a decent story that lets you understand all of the character’s motivation from the beginning, I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed my ride with Urahara. In general, I personally think this is an anime which executes its ideas in the most basic way possible with an somewhat decent artstyle/story. These elements combined makes the overall experience feel incredibly unbalanced. If you like the art style, you might like this I guess. Just don’t set expectations too high. It was personally disappointing for me overall.
Dec 20, 2017 2:26 PM
Aug 2015
Posted my review Here.

I found this a pretty enjoyable and interesting show despite all of its flaws. I can't say that the way EP12 concluded was surprising or anything since power of friendship has been a recurring theme, but it was still a nice way to conclude the series I thought.

On the surface this is a pretty basic show, but I think that on a deeper level, it speaks to the creative drive in all of us. The aesthetic itself, with its simple animation and backdrops that look like a 5-year old might have drawn them, speaks a lot of what this show is about and for that reason I think that it would have actually hurt this show and taken away a lot of charm and meaning had it actually had fluid animation or KyoAni-level attention to detail with the visuals.

That being said, anyone who watches this definitely needs to go into it with an open mind.
Dec 20, 2017 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
SUPER BEADS KITTY!

Certainly a weird show, but it kind of just kept iterating the same things over and over again. The first episode was pretty wild so I decided to stick with it this season. The simple animation was actually pretty funny at times. Whether this was intentional or not I don't know. That being said, can't give this one too high of a score, but I appreciate its efforts.
Dec 20, 2017 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
That was a fun trip for this series. For me, I did enjoy the ride that I was on and personally, I did enjoy the art that was part of this show.
Dec 20, 2017 4:01 PM

May 2015
Finally over. Can't say I enjoyed it one bit. I should really think twice before picking my seasonal shows to watch.

3/10.

Dec 21, 2017 1:46 AM

Oct 2007
Such a strange show. Strong thematically, very interesting visually, very weak in every other respect.

Ah, and then there's Kotoko. Can't forget her. Can forget pretty much everything else.
Dec 21, 2017 3:40 AM

Jul 2012
Gonna miss this show, but PARK Harajuku will live on! I end up cheering up for Miss cause well... Baby's finally learn how to get creative! It was a satisfying end and know it will not return for a new odd season!

I am used to the surreal weirdness because to me the creative side of (the real) Harajuku fashion subculture is already "weird" like the anime's aesthetics! Gave a pretty good rating because it's a harmless and unique take on the magical heroine sub-genre, and very different from the original web comic!

I wish I can see more anime like this! Weird, cute but not a plot drag!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Dec 21, 2017 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
Waited a week to see her drop a bunch of beads on the shrimp... totally worth the wait. Nah, but a giant cat fight against the shrimp is a pretty good way to finish off this anime in my opinion, and then they destroyed that weird lookin parfait thing in the sky, and say good bye to Misa, who learned to be creative in her own way rather than stealing.

Moral of the story, DON'T STEAL YOU MORON, FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT YOUR DAMN SELF. It was pretty decent. Despite it's problems, this ain't an anime I'll be able to forget any time soon. 6/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 23, 2017 12:19 AM
Aug 2016
My opinion stays that it would have been better with shorter episodes. It dragged on way too long at times.
Dec 25, 2017 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
It was a nice fantasy ride with a little bit of darkness in it.
wow! so many end card illustrations at the end!
4/5.
6/10.

Dec 25, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2015
Probably could be described as an honorable failure; tried so hard to be a unique gem but wasn't one outside of the visuals. Screamed creativity every minute, creativity, well, that's all well and good but the plot was far from creative; felt like they thought about the setting and characters and then just let it flow on autopilot. Not enough material as well, a lot of scenes ended up being like broken records that repeat and repeat ex. when Rito took a whole episode to turn heel.

What if you see it as a girls' show, which it probably is meant to be? Not sure it's a successful one, it's a bit too strange and weird for it I think.

Strange daydream of an art school student prematurely projected onto screen. Would have been an amazing idea for a music video
Dec 27, 2017 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
My main issue with this show was the script, the characters just kept repeating the same things over and over and over. It was so irritating.

Still, I didn't hate it and I loved the art style so I won't give it too low of a score.

5/10.
Jan 3, 2018 1:27 AM

Nov 2016
Overall an okay show. The intent behind the show along with its moral about creativity growing and changing as the artist grows and changes was good, plus the art style was cute. That said, it was pretty corny at parts, some of the dialogue felt awkward, and the ending did seem rushed.
Jan 27, 2018 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
Misa was the best thing about this series i mean overall i liked the series but Misa gave this series life which is why imo the last few eps was the best as it was mostly about Misa

overall was a nice watch just wish there was more Misa tbh
"one step at a time"
Feb 5, 2018 7:05 AM
Jul 2008
I was surprised when I found out Harajuku Park got anime. Considering the existing story, I thought it's only 3-5 minutes per episode but turned out to be full length episode.

It was pretty decent until the Rito eating Scoopers episode. Rito's friends were on rampage eating the Scoopers, they seemed like in 'trance' and couldn't control themselves. But as soon as Rito gave up and joined them, they regained their sanity. No explanation at all about that, and no explanation why Rito transformed so quickly compared to them.

I think this anime would be better as 5-10 minutes slife of life.
Feb 10, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
I thought this anime is decent. I liked the cute art style and their message on finding one's creativity, but the rest was meh. It seems like a chore to me to watch the whole series. It would've been best if it was shorter. Anyways, I don't think I would watch it again, but I think it has some potential especially when it comes to introducing Harajuku Park and the cute animation. I'll give it a 6/10
Mar 15, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending if you ask me, still quite a huge fan of the special drawn art style and general atmosphere! While the pacing and general story was a bit weak, that darker turn sure was unexpected for a colourful anime like this, so in general it sure wasn't all that bad!
Apr 3, 2018 8:23 AM
Aug 2017
This last episode was okay, I guess. The end of the episode was good as it wrapped things up well, but the battle with the shrimp began to feel a bit boring after a while and seemed to drag on. It's good to see Sayumin back at the end.

The first thew episodes of this series were not the best but as this show went on I began to become attached to it. Though this wasn't the best episode in the series it was still fun to watch. Overall I would give this show a 5/10, It wasn't amazing but I wouldn't call it a waste of time either.
Oct 17, 2018 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
I'm blown away. I'll never understand these medium ratings people are giving it. This anime is not like any other. It's the antonym of mediocre. I hate to reiterate but it's like all these people had their eyes (and minds) closed while watching this and completely missed the point. Maybe it only makes sense for creative people, I don't know. But I thought it was amazing and even though it had its flaws it very much made up for them with other things.
Mar 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Jul 2017
False alarm, the cat is fine!
Jul 9, 2021 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
It was a tearful and touching goodbye. I hope they'll see Misa again one day.

Overall, it was a little boring anime although the unique animation style gave this a certain type of charm. The characters were fine, but not particular interesting.

6/10
Sep 8, 2021 5:56 PM
May 2011
Worst Scooby-Doo chase scene ever.

On the whole, I don't regret watching this, but I didn't exactly enjoy it, either. Nothing really interested me, but the girls were cute enough to keep me watching, and some of the end cards were pretty cool. Best episode was the flashback to when they met for the first time.

5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urahara Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Feb 9, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2017

127 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Feb 9, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2017

23 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 13, 2023 11:04 AM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2017

24 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 12, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Urahara Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

14 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 10, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.