Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 2018 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
This was a satisfying way to end the series and the weird time paradox was a fascinating twist.

It was a nice show overall. It comes off as a more childish, less mature, moefied, Ghibli-influenced Mushishi. Even Yuzu's role reminds me a lot of Ginko's.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 14, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
It was a fun and cute ride, but unfortunately I can't overlook how boring some of the episodes were. Basically anything that didn't involve a main character (the attendants of Konohanatei) wasn't interesting at all for me :/
The main characters on the other hand were great and they were always fun to watch. It's a shame that I couldn't enjoy the other episodes...
7/10
Sep 30, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2010
This was a great episode to end the show. A cute Christmas tale with a (cute) twist.

In many ways this felt like a show totally made for me and I enjoyed a lot of its cutesy fluff, its slow and observational narrative, its healing effect and its overall positivity. What amazed me the most though is how much of an inequivocal cultural artifact this series is. I felt that every single scene was filled with Japanese values in life and philosophy. Everything, from relationships to morals, to the (of course) huge focus on Japanese tales and mythology, to the way it handles spirituality, to the pacing. It is so blatant that it makes it distinct and a charming oddity, even with how fixated Japan is usually with its own culture, here it's present in almost every sequence and detail. The way it handles the connection between life and death in the presence of Konohanatei, the overall and specific use of mono no aware as an observation in life (remembering that little scene of the girl in episode 8 drawing a cute Yuzu face in the sand), the focus on memories and recapitulation. A lot of anime have these ideas here and there, of course, but rarely as much of an integral part of their identity as it happens with Konohana Kitan.

If I have to mention a drawback, the abuse of panning was noticeable and made an otherwise very aesthetic show fall short in terms of animation and organic character movement. Also, not that I complain about it personally, but I was surprised by how often the MCs were pushed to the background in favor of episodic character stories, it was an interesting touch though at times I wish there was more characterization and a bigger connection with the main cast; I guess the show tried to engage us to its ambience rather than its characters specifically and it worked.

Other than these nitpicks, this was an amazing watch.
Oct 1, 2018 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
I feel so bad that i hadn't finished this when it came out :( I totally forgot how great and unique this anime was.

It was truly unique, and i'm so glad i watched it..

Never expected to see time travel in an anime like this xD
So, Yuzu was one who gave the idea to create a hotel with hot spring while it still didn't exist and Tsubaki made that idea into reality making Yuzu's reality a reality xD Who would have thought that Yuzu was the original "creator" of the hotel. Gotta love these time travel paradoxes. But it was amazing!

This is that type of anime that you just watch without any worries but in the end, you realize how great it was!
Will miss this a lot! But maybe there will be a 2nd season.

Wow. Just wow. This show was so much more than I thought it was going to be. What a ride, 10/10.

Who would have thought that a young and inexperienced girl that appeared to work with them would change their lives so much.

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 31, 2019 1:04 AM

Jan 2018
I just watched this entire show in a day. Freakin' ADORABLE. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Great atmosphere, soundtrack, and just a complete overload of cuteness. I'm an oddball in the sense that I can effortlessly binge iyashikei series such as this, but even then I'll admit that it takes a special kind of show to keep me engaged enough to do so. This is that kind of special. Easily one of the best iyashikei I've seen as of late. ^_^

8/10, and I'm really hoping for a second season.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 12, 2019 11:13 AM
Jan 2018
This has been the most wholesome anime I have ever seen. The cuteness, the humor, the connection to Japanese history and rituals. Absolutely amazing!
Jun 23, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
What a sweet show. I hope we see a second season. 9/10
Sep 20, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
9/10
I loved the stories about the guest more than some of the attendants.
The Natsume x Ren really worked for me. Every other attempt to replicate that with other ships felt forced and unnecessary. The rest of the cast's personal stories and development couldn't take form because it was shelved in favor of yuri baiting ships. Sakura had the least development and not even a backstory, she was talking in the first episode but was permanently muted for kawaii purposes. They better make up for it if there's a 2nd season. I enjoyed this series overall despite the complaints I mentioned.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 27, 2019 1:11 PM
Jan 2018
This is the most wholesome thing I have ever seen 9/10
Apr 9, 2020 5:55 AM

Sep 2015
Glad I finally came back and finished this anime, it was great. I feel like it has really shown me the appeal of Slice of Life as a genre. I would love another season, and I might end up reading the manga.
Apr 29, 2020 5:48 AM

Oct 2018
Wow, this was a really good last episode!

I especially loved that small twist at the end.

I was gonna rate it 7/10, but the last 2 episodes were really good, make me raise it to 8/10.

Even though it's mostly a cute SoL anime with supernatural elements, it has several pretty sad and deep moments and many valuable lessons

It was definitely worth picking it up again
May 6, 2020 7:01 PM

Aug 2016
I enjoyed the final episode. Boss brought Yuzu home; to the same home Yuzu wished for Tsubaki. It was a happy ending with Tsubaki and Yuzu's prayers being answered.

This anime was funny, adorable, and a tearjerker (so many onions). It's an enjoyable emotional roller coaster. 7/10 bumped up to 8/10 for episode 4. I've re-watched episode 4 three times, which is a rarity for me.
Aug 31, 2020 5:18 AM

Sep 2016
It's simply BEAUTIFUL. So heartwarming, nice, fun and lovely. I want more of this type of Anime. Impossible not to love it and every characters.
Oct 31, 2020 8:47 PM
Oct 2020
Love the twist at the end. Just imagine if Yuzu doesn't write a request for Tsubaki, the Konohanatei maybe never exist😰. And also i curious, if Tsubaki became Okami in the future, then where is Bikuni-sama at that time???? She must be also work in there right??? My speculation is, Bikuni-sama is the girl who exhausted and then get helped by Yuzu🤔🤔?? Somebody know this??? Please help meee🙏🙏🙏
Feb 13, 2021 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
What a wonderful episode.

Overall, I don't have much to complain about except for Natsume and Ren. I found those characters a bit annoying.

The dog episode was probably the best one.

SerafosNov 27, 2023 8:56 AM
May 2, 2021 11:09 PM
Dec 2020
Pretty relaxing watch from beginning to end. that twist at the end tho (0.0)
Jun 22, 2021 1:58 AM

Feb 2021
This show was a fun adventure. Didn't really know where it was going at the start, it was a bit confusing. Once episode 8 happened I sort of understood. I should've known sooner, due to the fox girls. The end was deep, Yuzu being the reason that hotel exists at all. Felt wholesome. Her whole thing about being useless was the exact opposite.
Jan 11, 2022 7:15 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, what an amazing twist!!!

Never would I imagine such a legendary end to a seemingly ordinary slice of life series.

Isn't it amazing how Yuzu is the one who basically birthed Konohanatei?!

Tsubaki and Yuzu have so much in common. At the end, even she got some character development.

Not really a fan of Yuri (started the series blind), therefor a solid 9/10 from me.

The end hits hard because similarly to Yuzu, many of us will move on with our lives, watch other shows and maybe even forget we ever saw this anime. I don't know about others, but memories from this show will forever stay in my heart. Q_Q so precious...
Jan 16, 2022 9:57 PM

Sep 2018
Went in expecting CGDCT, got more than I anticipated, a very nice show with some wholesome and emotional moments. Kind of disappointed nothing happened with the yuri theme though. This show also feels like it would work even better with a 24 episode running IMO. 8/10.

Feb 19, 2022 1:53 AM

Mar 2010
Heartwarming end with the backstory to the inn, now that completes the feels like home for the inn.

I do love it, but the manga left more impact on me and especially rem x natsume was better done there. But overall big 9/10 i finished it in two days and kinds forgot to comment and did so afterwards xD says enough for me, i loved it a lot. Cute foxgirls, heartwarming stories with a sad twist to them but a great message within that. I love that. Some folklore in it too. That differentiates it for me as a great SoL that didnt bore me.

Also i think theres much more to yuzu. Maybe she is a goddess? I dunno im getting a feeling that theres way more.
Same for sakura x kiri, they never gave me lover vibes, more family vibes? Theres something more... hope to see all that in a S2
Apr 10, 2022 10:29 AM

Aug 2018
I liked majority of this anime, I think.. Yuzu is just great.. When show focused more on Konohanatei and its' girls - I liked these parts the most.. Show also had some mystic stories, but they were hit or miss in maybe like half cases for me personally.. Overall, show gave different emotions.. Sometimes relaxing, sometimes sad, sometimes interesting.. Couple of episodes I was annoyed with certain things, though - like with Kiri's attitude, or how some serious topics were handled, like suicide, or getting debilitated.. Props for touching such topic, but things weren't done there what would felt as satisfying for me personally.. In the end, did I like the anime?.. Hard to say.. I think there are anime series, which I enjoyed more in the things I liked, to be honest.. Yuri relationship didn't go as far as some promising care of Yuzu's could suggest.. Sadness or relaxing things were maybe a strange mix.. I think that maybe anime is more sad than relaxing for me personally, in the end.. Which isn't bad.. It just really took me a while to decide, how to feel about this show.. Which is maybe would be taken the best as for some melancholy anime, to be honest.. What I personally feel, of course.. Everything what I say - is what I personally think and feel about anime, and it certainly doesn't have to be the only way to perceive anime..
Oct 2, 2022 6:52 AM
Apr 2019
Great anime to be used as palate cleanser
Dec 15, 2022 11:20 PM

Jul 2019
A lovely end to a lovely anime. It was nice seeing Okami's past. Apparently she was wearing make up when younger. :P

The end card was very nice.

9/10
Dec 18, 2022 9:26 PM
Feb 2022
What a pretty and cute show but man it is so boring. Gave it a 7 because the production quality was so high, but I barely made it through and stayed awake
Jul 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Dec 2021
Loved it. Not sure if this was or wasn't a complete adaptation, but it was a thoroughly pleasant watch. 9/10
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2017

150 by Mayakashi-Sagan »»
Feb 17, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

59 by MesterRetek01 »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

86 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

63 by jieanteater »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2017

57 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 15, 2022 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.