Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Dec 19, 2017 3:10 PM
So, folks...

I wanted to know, what order do you choose to see anime?

For I have plenty of vacation time (Until August 2018 without classes).

So I'm going to do an anime marathon, but I do not know where to start ...

Dec 19, 2017 3:12 PM

Go watch One Piece. That's all you need.

Dec 19, 2017 3:13 PM

Um I just pick what I think I might like and watch it in that order... Do people put any more thought into it?
I'm a shitposter for fun

Dec 19, 2017 3:16 PM
ZionPulse said:
Um I just pick what I think I might like and watch it in that order... Do people put any more thought into it?

I do not know, but I thought I'd see, for example, all anime since 1998.

Dec 19, 2017 3:17 PM
Peacemaker

Without anymore information, i would say to go by most popular, highest rated, or alphabetically.
Why watch beach episodes when you can watch bleach episodes?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 19, 2017 3:19 PM

Start with all my favorites.

/Thread
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Dec 19, 2017 3:20 PM

idk it depends on what kind of anime u want to see. if u dont have any preferences, then just watch them in alphabetical order, as u have them in ur plan to watch list. otherwise just start from the shoter ones

Dec 19, 2017 3:20 PM

I don't really go by any specific order. I just watch what comes to mind at the time.

But that's not really helpful, so I'll give a few suggestions on what you could possibly do.

1. Watch sequels and spin-offs of things you enjoyed.
2. Take a look around and see what shows people are talking about, and check out the ones that stick out to you for one reason or another.
3. Check the "recommendations" section on the pages of shows you enjoyed.
4. Browse your PTW list to see if there's anything specific already on there that fits your current mood.
5. See what other things were made by the writers of different things you like.
6. Just start something, anything, on a whim.

░░░░▒▒▓▓█ My List █▓▓▒▒░░░░
░▒▓█ Favorite Anime OST █▓▒░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Novel █▓▒░░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Anime █▓▒░░

Dec 19, 2017 3:21 PM

Maybe check out all the popular shows from these recent years or go take a peek at people's favorites on their profiles.

Ascended Taste
^
check this list out for some ascended music shit (also to give it more views pls I want this list I worked hard on to make me feel special~~~~~~)

Dec 19, 2017 3:26 PM

I just go with whatever tickles my fancy. And by that, I mean I aggressively research anime for an hour before narrowing my choices down, and eventually settle on something that isn't even on my 130 anime long PTW.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga

Dec 19, 2017 3:27 PM

Kids friendly reminder: The plural form of anime is anime.
Pick a show randomly. I mean, that's the fastest and easiest way.

Dec 19, 2017 3:52 PM

Watch whatever you feel in the mood for. If you're feeling in the mood for some action, watch action. If you're feeling like you want something light hearted, watch something along those lines. But... if you're just looking for some opinions... I was looking at your list of "Plan to Watch", and based off those I say you should definitely watch the following sometime during your time off:
For romance ones watch: Nana or My Little Monster
If you want comedy, watch Ouran High School Host Club
For the feels, watch Anohana (I know it wasn't on your list, but it's great and I hear it's similar to Clannad)

Also watch:
My Hero Academia season 2
Naruto
Bungou Stray Dogs
Noragami
Haikyuu!!

(I recommend these as well)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Death Note
Death Parade

Dec 19, 2017 3:55 PM

There are two ways for me
1. I feel like watching a specific kind of anime so I'm searching for something that fits the criteria
2. I impulsively watch shows with an interesting cover art and genre tags without even reading the synopsis

Dec 19, 2017 4:01 PM

Watch Sazae-san and see your time vanish before you know it

Dec 19, 2017 4:43 PM

i'd say if your a new anime fan, start with the classics like yu yu hakusho.
but if you have already started with newer shows, then just keep cherry picking at random.

its hard to go backwards when you are used to the pace of today's anime, so you might as well stay with in the 2010s. maybe going back a little further for specific anime you think youd like
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here

Dec 19, 2017 6:21 PM

Easy, go watch Eromanga-sensei, Pupa and Handshakers, then quit anime.
Ero Pattishie, how was the night?
Did you like the sister sandwich for dinner?
Or perhaps it was too sweet,
that you want more vanilla in the morning.
I'll put extra cream just for you.
Now it eat well, we still have more desserts.

Dec 19, 2017 6:28 PM

Aslt said:

Calling the plural of anime as 'animes' has to be one of my biggest pet peeves tbh haha.
But yeah, sometimes its just best to start with some random show. At least until you figure out your own tastes. Until you have some idea of what you're interested in, most shows you watch will be good. I would start by watching things with high popularity/membership, just to watch the shows that most people have already seen. I wouldn't go through the high-scoring things to start, just because I feel like it would be better to have seen a wide variety of shows (both good and bad) before you start watching the stuff that a lot of people praise.

If you can't decide what to watch or don't know what you like, I would recommend using MAL suggestions - listed on your Home Panel as 'My Anime Suggestions' (gives you popular series you might like based off the ones you've already watched) or MALgraph's recommended (gives you more obscure series based of the ones you've watched). Both require you to have completed a few titles, so as stated above, just watch random popular shows for now, and then those two might help you.
Modified by ISOQuorra, Dec 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Dec 19, 2017 6:50 PM

Start by tackling the never ending and constantly growing "Plan to Watch list" that not a single person will ever finish.

Got an even older lathe from the 30's recently. Have to rebuild it from the ground up.

Dec 19, 2017 8:10 PM

Completely mood-based-spur-of-the-moment random order.
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Dec 19, 2017 8:13 PM

I switch between action and romantic anime. I'm not sure how many people out there has this style of watching but this way allows me to release any tension/stress from watching action-packed ones by something more laid-back and emotional. I've come to enjoy watching anime in this manner.

Also, romantic might be replaced by something else like slice of life, as long as it doesn't have that much action. About how I picked which ones I'll watch, just go through the anime list and put anything that interests me in my PTW list.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

Dec 19, 2017 8:51 PM

I've got 1 anime I'm watching now, and one anime I'm definitely watching after I finish the current one. I'll decide the one after that once I move on to the next one.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Dec 19, 2017 9:03 PM

I don't get, what do you mean order, I could have recommended you at least 5 anime if you specified the genre, you didn't even mention what you wanted to watch in order like anime with different timelines and release like Fate Series.

If you want to marathon, then choose the most interesting anime to you, the top anime list is already good enough to be your source, start from the top of the list.
Modified by youseiki, Dec 19, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 19, 2017 9:33 PM

if there isn't any specific genre, i can't recommend you anything.

if you don't care about genre, then:

3 season of Bakuman
3 season of Shokugeki no Souma
whole Monogatari Series (excluding Kizumonogatari trilogy)
6 season of Natsume Yuujinchou
3 Season of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

that's anime worth approximately 285 episode, worth of 8 days of anime non-stop

but if you really dedicated to not go outside, then Naruto, One Piece, and Detective Conan is enough to make you feel terrible about yourself.

Dec 19, 2017 9:40 PM
I spin the wheel of chance and see where it lands?

No, seriously, that's pretty much it.

Dec 19, 2017 10:42 PM
In any order you like really. Why does it matter.

Dec 19, 2017 11:45 PM

Forgettable said:
So, folks...

I just watch whatever I feel like watching.

Usually I keep a shortlist of stuff I want to watch, but I easily wander off of it and pick up something new too.

If you're asking "what starter shows should I watch before I watch deeper shows", then I think that's the wrong kind of thinking. Any show ought to be approachable from the same basis, for the sake of having an interesting experience. Not necessarily one you were wanting -- but potentially interesting nevertheless.

Dec 20, 2017 12:00 AM

ISOQuorra said:
Aslt said:

Calling the plural of anime as 'animes' has to be one of my biggest pet peeves tbh haha.
But yeah, sometimes its just best to start with some random show. At least until you figure out your own tastes. Until you have some idea of what you're interested in, most shows you watch will be good. I would start by watching things with [url=https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity}high popularity/membership[/url], just to watch the shows that most people have already seen. I wouldn't go through the high-scoring things to start, just because I feel like it would be better to have seen a wide variety of shows (both good and bad) before you start watching the stuff that a lot of people praise.

If you can't decide what to watch or don't know what you like, I would recommend using MAL suggestions - listed on your Home Panel as 'My Anime Suggestions' (gives you popular series you might like based off the ones you've already watched) or MALgraph's recommended (gives you more obscure series based of the ones you've watched). Both require you to have completed a few titles, so as stated above, just watch random popular shows for now, and then those two might help you.

This is the best answer.(I deleted my post because already someone answered what I answered)
Also these two topics may help you:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1665414
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1684680
Modified by mhkr, Dec 20, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 20, 2017 12:13 AM

I planned to go back to ~1980 and watch any title I've heard or recognize until currently airing. You can try that if you want.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Dec 20, 2017 7:01 AM

How about anytime? When you want to watch anime don't need schedule.
lol

Dec 20, 2017 7:05 AM

By preference.
Choose one or two anime, maximum three, to watch, finish them, and then go and watch other anime. I usually choose a long running show, over 50 episodes, and watch an episode or two a day, and then, if I got enough time, I watch a shorter anime or stick to the seasonal anime.

Dec 20, 2017 7:16 AM

Go to your PTW, use a random number generator to get a number and then watch the anime with the corresponding number.

Dec 20, 2017 7:19 AM
how about do random number regenerator for your plan to watch list

Dec 20, 2017 7:57 AM

Just watch what you want as you find it. If it looks awesome, start watching. If it looks ok but you don’t think you will get around to it, condemn it to the ptw list where it will stay until you have nothing better to do

Dec 20, 2017 8:06 AM
Just...Watch it?I don't have all day free time,but neither I am busy.I watch anime at weekly basis (watch 12-24 episodes in one and a half weeks),and I don't really plan on marathoning,because I don't know any good anime to watch anymore,and I prefer to in-depth analyze whole pretentious series than watch same garbage in 50 versions every season.

Dec 20, 2017 8:07 AM
Forgettable said:
So, folks...

İ look at its poster first, i care about background and characters of poster. Then i take a look at genre, i watch previews if there is any. Lastly, it is not that important cuz MAL, but i look at how many people did watch it or will watch it and take a peak general topics about that anime. Tbh its all about what genre you like because studios nowadays don't mess up often but when they do you stop watching it after you watched first episode. So you should aim for the content you wanna watch, and poster is really important

Dec 20, 2017 8:58 AM

Uh, I just pick what I might like and watch It, and so on... Usually by recommendation or what's trending in my Media Sosial recently (like from memes)...

I don't do marathons at the moment, because I'm still busy with another things... But when I do have free time, I usually do what I mentioned above...

Dec 20, 2017 9:43 AM

Start with the prequel first and then sequel if there's any.

Dec 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Order of the sum of all characters in the title if each had a numeric value (A=1, B=2, C=3...).

Dec 20, 2017 11:49 AM
I start with the first episode and end on the last?

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Dec 21, 2017 2:57 PM

Usually none.
I pick what type of thing I want to watch for that day then browse my "PTW" list.
If there's nothing on there then I go search for something or ask for recommendations online.

A challenge could help too if you can't decide what type of genre you want to watch.

Dec 22, 2017 9:16 AM

Using time chronologically to determine order is a social construct. As a 5th dimensional being, the position in time when I view anime is irrelevant.

Dec 22, 2017 10:37 AM

I don't choose my anime. I let the anime go through me. I let the anime to choose what I do and who I am.

Dec 22, 2017 10:47 AM

Just watch Noragami. It's all you need.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.

Dec 22, 2017 10:48 AM
Pick anime that sounds interesting.
If you have a fave genre or genres start by watching anime with those genres.
Use https://www.random.org and watch the anime in your ptw list that is that number.
Go down your PTW list alphabetically

Dec 22, 2017 11:05 AM
I downloaded a roulette from the playstore to pick a random anime when I don't know what to watch next

Dec 22, 2017 11:06 AM

I always watch something that matches my mood and the amount of time I have. If I have a day off and I want to watch something I watch something with not too many episodes so I can binge it. If I only can watch one or two episodes it doesn't really matter if I watch something with a lot of episodes since I wasn't gonna be able to finish it in one day anyway. But yeah idk I try to watch lots of popular shows rn so I can join the conversation a bit easier..

Dec 22, 2017 12:14 PM

I would watch anime every day, people should have at least enough time to watch an episode or 2 per day. I do not care for binge watching one series either.

Dec 23, 2017 2:18 AM

I pick a series, usually trying to find something different in style than what I just watched, and then I watch it. That's it. What order could there be?

Dec 28, 2017 5:23 PM
I add a bunch of shows that look interesting to my watch list and then let the hand of fate known as Random.org choose mine destiny.

Dec 28, 2017 7:33 PM

Usually just go for genre/theme I haven't seen in a while from my PTW list.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »