Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this finale featured a classroom setting...

I don't think I like that Nezumi guy much. A reserved and almost creepy personality tbh. The inner dialogues is not a bad addition to the episode though. This episode pretty much focused around his character. As a show that heavily focuses on its character cast, it makes sense but I'm just not sold into him.

Felt like any other episode tbh rather than a season finale. Very underwhelming.
Stark700Dec 19, 2017 7:01 AM
Dec 19, 2017 9:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the last episode is finally here. Even within his class Nezumi is still the outcast huh. But his ability to see the future sure is cool. Rabbits wish though probably will be like that though. Watching Nezumi think of the wish to make while having the rest of the cast chime in was pretty interesting. Some of their wishes was really surprising like Boars. Being rejected a hundred times though must have been hard. Dokatsu's confession though was pretty surprising. Rabbits wish will be horrifying if it was granted though. Its funny how every one of Nezumi's wishes have a con to its pro. Hmm the one wish that Nezumi wanted was most unexpected but logical as well i guess. There is no one wish that humans would want after all. Well that ended the anime on a interesting note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good finale for this show. It gave some nice focus on Rat. He couldn't figure out what he will wish for and was having a hard time. He eventually had one at the end. It was interesting to watch him ask the other candidates what their wish is. This was a decent show overall. It was nothing too amazing.
Dec 19, 2017 9:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
His wish was underwhelming....Like really underwhelming but at least the kid is happy it seems, so more power to him

However, I liked that we got to fully get glimpses into all the paths that he's experienced, as well as getting the chance to see what everyone else's wishes were as well as learning all 100 of the wishes that Nezumi himself would have wanted (It was pretty cool to see him analyze it all and talk about the pros and cons of them all)

I died when I saw that Boar's wish was pretty much to get the D (I mean, I don't need some magical force to make me do that huehuehuehue) but I think Dog's wish was my favorite because I didn't expect that at all and it was sweet

Overall, to me this was a pretty enjoyable series despite it's flaws and I wouldn't mind seeing the sequel to this getting animated either

7/10
Dec 19, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2016
Disappointing. Just disappointing.
The ending was so underwhelming after all that has happened and his wish was as disappointing as it was lame
Gift by Mimurona

Dec 19, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
Hmmm... I have mixed feelings. I like what they were trying to say with this episode, but the way they did it just felt... anti-climactic. Another good word getting thrown around in this thread a lot already would be "underwhelming." I would love to see a list of all the wishes Nezumi went through though and his reasons for rejecting them, it was really hard to catch all of them in the subtitles even with constantly pausing the video.

Still, it was an interesting show, I would have liked to see more backstory on Usagi and Ushii, and maybe even some more on Nezumi (how did he get to be a warrior, and how is he balancing that with school?), but for what it was, it was a fun ride.

Let's do this one more time to send the show off:

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 19, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
82. A world free of evil people.
Would anyone be left?

LOL, good point, Nezumi-kun. Good point.

Dec 19, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2010
definitely one of the best episodes of the show

Rat's struggles were real - for a kid he has quite a realistic way of thinking

Dec 19, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
welp is Rat's wish good though? he may have forgotten the Juni Taisen but the rest of the organizers and people behind that tournament will never forget it? so he should have wish for Juni Taisen to be forgotten by everybody lol because if there is another new tournament then he might be force to participate again

but nice to see the wishes of the other warriors

lol Boar wants a harem that is so greedy like a pig
Dec 19, 2017 9:42 AM
Jan 2013
from the start till the end, everythig in this show felt really pointless
Dec 19, 2017 9:44 AM
Apr 2016
Wonderfully tragic series... My only regret, I guess, would be not hearing the wish of Ox, to have a complete picture on those pitiful warriours. Otherwise, Nishio Ishin is taking some space up in my heart, along with this title and Kubikiri Cycle: Ao-iro no Savant.
Re:formed
Dec 19, 2017 9:46 AM

Oct 2016
That... that's it? That's the wish?

I wish I had a 100 paths, I'd use the other 99 to skip this show
Dec 19, 2017 9:48 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder why Nezumi didn't wish to be an omnipotent god.
This way he could have every wish granted.
Dec 19, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2009
I thought Rat'd say he wants Juuni Taisen abolished forever... The wish he actually made was very... dumb. I can understand where he's coming from but it still was a good opportunity dumbly wasted. It's not so much the episode that left me disappointed as his crappy wish.

8/10
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 19, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
Expected this to be the typical afterthought epilogue but it turned out to be one of the best episodes in the whole show, damn!

Overall, it was kinda disappointing considering the exciting premise and my expectations from NisioIsin's works, but though the story wasn't satisfying at least the show had decent themes and characters. It's main problems were relying too much on backstory and not balancing characterization and plot. I could easily see it working out much better if it was two cour instead of one. The remaining issue is that NisioIsin's writing was surprisingly plain, so that was disappointing to see as well.
NeromonDec 19, 2017 9:57 AM
Dec 19, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2014
First i liked Boar, she died.
Then i liked Wolf, he died.
Then i liked Horse, he died
Then i liked Sheep, he died
Then i liked Moneky, she died
Then i liked Ox, he died.
What a rollercoaster, basically none of my favourites survived, what a shame.
Other than that it was pretty good show
Dec 19, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
Lol even a show like this isn't immune to school settings.

I was really expecting Rat to wish for the Juni Taisen itself to be completely abolished or something. Well in the end, he wished for what made him happy, so even if it was (as everyone else in this thread is saying) underwhelming, it's something he can comfortably live with. Also, it was pretty interesting to see the alternate paths Rat experienced, the wishes of the other participants (LOL at Boar and her harem), and that plethora of potential wishes Rat was contemplating about.

The show got off to a solid start but it was predictable the whole way through, unfortunately. Let's not forget the drastic decrease in the animation quality, and this ending that could have been more satisfying than it actually was. 5/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 19, 2017 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
I really liked this ending, but now I am even more mad that Dotsuku died. I hope his daughter finds a good home.

Dec 19, 2017 10:00 AM
Apr 2016
rikuhod said:
I wonder why Nezumi didn't wish to be an omnipotent god.
This way he could have every wish granted.

Probably because he was not an edgy kid like Rabbit and was simply trying to be a school student.
Dec 19, 2017 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
This was an okay ending. LOL at the people salty about his wish. It made perfect sense for his personality. You think a guy like him would be greedy and get carried away? If one would experience his death 100+ times, normally he'd not even be able to function. Yet Nezumi leads a normal life with that burden. So yeah that was the best wish for him
Dec 19, 2017 10:18 AM
Dec 2015
Reading this thread, I see that nobody actually understands Nezumi, huh. He spends the whole episode explaning the reason why he wouldn't want this and that and yet people are still expecting he would wish to be a god or end the whole Taisen? Rat doesn't care about it, he's not a goody two shoes or someone pretending to save the world, he's just a kid who wants to live his life in his own devices. Anything that would require effort is a no no because he practically doesn't have motivation. Pretty relatable, tbh.

One of the best ep for me and I love Nezumi a lot more now. Love the scenes with the other warriors, especially Rabbit's and the twins'. I'm glad to see Dragon showing concern when Snake was killed by Ox and Rabbit being someone who can trust Nezumi's words. Usagi is better off with a living friend, him talking normally is really nice to see/hear.
Dec 19, 2017 10:19 AM
Apr 2016
Loyalty06 said:
Reading this thread, I see that nobody actually understands Nezumi, huh. He spends the whole episode explaning the reason why he wouldn't want this and that and yet people are still expecting he would wish to be a god or end the whole Taisen? Rat doesn't care about it, he's not a goody two shoes or someone pretending to save the world, he's just a kid who wants to live his life in his own devices. Anything that would require effort is a no no because he practically doesn't have motivation. Pretty relatable, tbh.

One of the best ep for me and I love Nezumi a lot more now. Love the scenes with the other warriors, especially Rabbit's and the twins'. I'm glad to see Dragon showing concern when Snake was killed by Ox and Rabbit being someone who can trust Nezumi's words. Usagi is better off with a living friend, him talking normally is really nice to see/hear.

"Nobody"
*Triggered*
Dec 19, 2017 10:24 AM
Dec 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Loyalty06 said:

"Nobody"
*Triggered*

Silly me, lol then, "almost nobody"
Dec 19, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2016
Nezumi wanting to forget makes perfect sense. He experienced death 99 times and can't forget it. That's way too heavy for a teenager to experiences, especially since he got to know all of the other juuni taisen people on a personal level. Then he experienced more death when he wanted to escape. Having the wish and trying to figure out which one to do, when you didn't have any drive to begin with is hard. Forgetting, which is something he can't do, is the one that makes perfect sense for him.

I liked it. And I liked the show overall. It was predictable, but once Dog died most figured out that Rat would win in the end. I do think the show billed itself a bit badly though, because they made it seem like it was a death game with tons of action, when it's really a character drama about the twelve people who have to fight in this tournament.

8/10 for me.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 19, 2017 10:47 AM
Nov 2016
The episode was underwhelming...

The show was mediocre.... Felt like the edgier version of fate and it was very predictable.....

The motives of all the characters weren't clear so it wasn't that engrossing.
Dec 19, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode, we saw a little bit of the other routes, the wishes of the other participants, knew more about Nezumi’s power and I understand why he wished that, but it was still underwhelming.
Dec 19, 2017 10:56 AM
Apr 2016
thesarcasticguy said:

Felt like the edgier version of fate and it was very predictable.....

A prime example of losing any and all legitimacy behind ones' opinion with an absolute speed of one sentence.
Dec 19, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2012
That's actually a nice lesson for everyone.
maybe its nice to have a wish, or a couple of wish wanting to be granted..
But in the end, we just want to laze around and not give a damn about everything. =_= (>﹏<)

Dec 19, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the ending. It may not been the most spectacular, happy (for the viewers) or even satisfactory (again, for us) ending, but it was in Rat's character, and that is fine. He is a normal individual without ambitions, and the burden of having to experience dying 99 times is something above him. Tbh, it was the best thing he could have wished for, instead in some superfluous wish.

I loved how Rat's monologue started to analyze all the wishes he could wish for (including the thing of reviving the other participants of the Juuni Taisen), just to realize the most of them are worthless, impractical or just plain dumb, and wish the thing who would truly bring him his happiness.
Liked too how we saw brief glimpses of the other 99 routes where Rat teamed up with the other warriors (thing who had made me like Dog more, considering he ended being more sympathethic of what he looked at first), including the one when he hanged out with Rabbit. I cannot help but feel a bit of pity for Boar, since her wish probably indicates she feels very lonely.
And, lmao, the Tatsumi brothers were still rekted hard in their routes xD

I'm going to miss this show a lot. Even if the execution and fights could have been better, and is the weakest work of Nisio so far, it was one of the series I enjoyed and liked the most this Fall, and following this anime (and the daily dose of salt and complaints) week by week was great. I hope the studio animates the second novel one day, I really want to see how Nisio's mind designed the Western Zodiac.
Dec 19, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2017
While the ending was underwhelming to many people, it's kind of understandable seeing Nezumi's character... He's just a kid that doesn't know what to do with his life and is overwhelmed by the amount of power and responsabilities that he has all of a sudden.
A character that he kinda reminds me of in that aspect is THE anxty teen himself: the man, the meme, the legend, Shinji Ikari.

However, I feel like I kinda needed more time with him to understand the way that he thinks. And I think that's the main problem of this anime. While it does have some very strong characters, the 20 minutes that every episode has to dedicate to the character that they focus on feel too short to relate well to any of them and justify their actions a bit better. And that's a shame, knowing that NisioisiN is the guy who wrote this.

Also we got no backstory on Rabbit for some reason, but seeing his powers and how he seemed honest about his wish maybe he was just lonely, who knows. And while the 3d in the last battles was eeehh they did present some interesting situations, even when we knew how it was going to end, but then again, the point of this show is to turn every episode into a character study of it's protagonist, not to see what kind of OP superpower can beat what and win.

Now that that's out of the way, I have to say that most of Juuni Taisen's characters like Tora, Sharyu, the Snake-Dragon pair and now Nezumi were surprisingly three-dimensional, and one can easily find himself agreeing with their philosophies, but I expected a bit more from the writer of the Monogatari series.

Overall, an enjoyable show that sadly doesn't use it's assets to their fullest potential but is saved by it's intersting characters, unlike a certain other show I'll talk about next monday.

7/10
miguitronikDec 19, 2017 11:18 AM
Dec 19, 2017 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, did i just forget about it or did they never show rabbit's past? Did they just skip it in the anime or was it never mentioned in the novel either?

Also i didn't expect Nezumi's hair to be like that XD
Dec 19, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
ok the wish was so stupid..I get why he won....and That wish seemed so stupid to me...he could wish for so many things and he wished for his memory erased.
Dec 19, 2017 11:22 AM
Feb 2014
I wasn't really impressed with the show and I only kept watching so I'd finish it and put it away but now I'm actually glad that I did because the few minutes that showed the cons of every wish was really good. Most of them were pretty well thought out and few of them were downright hilarious.
Dec 19, 2017 11:30 AM
Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
thesarcasticguy said:

Felt like the edgier version of fate and it was very predictable.....

A prime example of losing any and all legitimacy behind ones' opinion with an absolute speed of one sentence.

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who doesn't share the details of what he watches on a website that is literally designed to do just that.
Dec 19, 2017 11:44 AM

Feb 2017
How utterly pointless of an ending, I guess its meant to be dramatic or a bold statement of the futility of having a wish granted, but thats just pathetically false.
Dec 19, 2017 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
Cool ending but was expecting something more mind-blowing. I liked the show but felt it had a lot more potential. My mine gripe was that I just didn't like that Usagi ended up killing and controlling half the characters. It would have been much more interesting if they would have offed him earlier. This format could easily be used to create second season with new characters. I'm sure I'd watch it.
Dec 19, 2017 11:55 AM

Sep 2010
Ya-Shiro said:
Wait, did i just forget about it or did they never show rabbit's past? Did they just skip it in the anime or was it never mentioned in the novel either?

Also i didn't expect Nezumi's hair to be like that XD

Rabbit didn't have a backstory in the anime nor the novel - bit disappointing, but guess it's a way to show that Rabbit doesn't care about the past
Dec 19, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2016
pretty good episode, Nezumi whole monologue about his wish and all the flashbacks of his past and different juuni taisen routes are pretty interesting too.
the series start good and then flop hard mid way with anti climatic fights and boring backstory and then good again when Nezumi appeared last week

pretty good 7/10 overall

I NEED MORE SEXY BOAR!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 19, 2017 12:03 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't think this show was bad but I've always had a thing for these battle royale type of shows and I liked seeing all the backstories. I wish the twins could have lived though, they were my faves.

6/10
Dec 19, 2017 12:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show started off so well but just lost steam as it progressed. And it ended on a whimper.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2017 12:10 PM
Nov 2017
It was an ok series, I guess? It kinda went 'Game of Thrones' in that no one was really safe, but they didn't really build some of these characters enough for me to care. This, coupled with the blah ending, left me disappointed. It was kiinda brainless fun, but ultimately it's forgettable.
Dec 19, 2017 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
Giving this a 4/10. This show was pretty bad.
Dec 19, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
I really had a great time watching this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2016
It was an eeeh ok show, I liked it, but just that.
I'm the only one that thinks of a wish about "ending the Juuni Taisen for ever" could have been the best wish for the rat?
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 19, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2016
Worst ending and Worst anime In 2017 for me. I fucking hate Nezumi stupid brat should have die. He should have bring back those Who are Force Into It or Those who are genuive good. He should have Bring back Ushii,Sharyuu,Tiger, Tora,Dokatsu and Chicken. But no!!!!! Waste his Wish for one Stupid wish.

Nezumi Worst anime characters In 2017. I wish this loser die first instead of the others.

Dec 19, 2017 12:31 PM
Mar 2016
Oh so the Vermin's wish is to forget what happen in the Juuni Taisen, man I'd wish we could have see that panty flash a little bit longer......

Everybody Clap your hands
Dec 19, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
his actual hair was so weird lol. But dam what happens to the Dog's adopted daughter ;-;
Dec 19, 2017 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
Good ending, I like how it incorporated Nezumi's story backstory and used his power to revisit all of the deceased characters.

It kind of made me want to see a special that would feature each of the 11 other characters' potential victories.
Dec 19, 2017 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
it was good to see all the participants again, we learned something new about each of them. lmao Boar wanted a harem.. also loved the moments with Rat dying on the battlefield, he's really lucky to have found that one route where he doesn't get killed because he would never have won with his skills.
the scene with the 99 wishes was nice, Rat's points were pretty accurate. in fact I relate to him, it's hard to choose one thing that would have no bad consequences, though the ending itself was pretty underwhelming. when he was sleeping peacefully it made me think that he was the protagonist all along but it didn't feel like that.

gonna miss this show :( it was predictable alright but somehow so enjoyable.
Dec 19, 2017 1:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rat's ability was a curse for him in the end, yet he managed to find the best wish for him to be happy.

I think, he can definitely make it big in the world if he actually tries something (he is very fucking smart) but if that's the way he wants to go and he is good with it, so be it.

7/10, entertaining show, nothing memorable though.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.