Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2017 4:21 PM

Sep 2016
>episode about new gintama game
>google new gintama game
>found out it's released today
>found out it's a shitty outdated musou game

come on man!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 17, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2013
Takasugi's theme in 8-bit is going to be my new ringtone.

Dec 17, 2017 5:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
GangsterCat said:
>found out it's released today
Actually, it comes out in on January 18. But yeah, a musou game is pretty underwhelming. I'm still getting it because you can literally play as Shinpachi's glasses.
Dec 17, 2017 7:14 PM
Sep 2012
SenpaiJay98 said:
sweetsilver said:
I cant enjoy this episode. Pace was terrible. For whoever direct this episode, i hate you.
The pace was panel for panel lol and adapted it at a speed that's typical Gintama

I didnt like how it directed, it was like partially funny. Maybe i should rewatch to make sure, the animation lazier than usual.
Dec 17, 2017 7:16 PM
Mar 2013
Well I guess this is just like I predicted with episode 12 of porori hen (episode 340) to promote the Gintama rumble game which is an adaptation of Chapter 430 that was used to promote the then released Gintama Sugoroku .And have the game protagonist changed from sugoroku and Sugomi to Rumble and Rumbee to fit in the anime adaptation,Guess this episode is just promoting a shovelware game since every jump game is shovel ware.

Still I wonder if the next episode will give a sneak peek to the adaptation of Chapter 487 before they begin to silver soul and air it after the new years eve celebration special in tv tokyo or not or at least make it an OVA and was it turned into a jump festa short yet?
Dec 17, 2017 7:17 PM
Mar 2013
(unless we are getting a 10 minute special for the Photo one shot in one of the mangas/BD dvd's)[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing and I wish there is some news for it.
Dec 17, 2017 7:21 PM

Jul 2015
sweetsilver said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
The pace was panel for panel lol and adapted it at a speed that's typical Gintama

I didnt like how it directed, it was like partially funny. Maybe i should rewatch to make sure, the animation lazier than usual.
"I didn't like how it was directed" that's not enough for a "Discussion Board", the animation is the same as a regular Gintama episode( a good animated Comedy episode is something like Episode 294 and 295, or 237 and 238)
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2015
johnknight648 said:
Well I guess this is just like I predicted with episode 12 of porori hen (episode 340) to promote the Gintama rumble game which is an adaptation of Chapter 430 that was used to promote the then released Gintama Sugoroku .And have the game protagonist changed from sugoroku and Sugomi to Rumble and Rumbee to fit in the anime adaptation,Guess this episode is just promoting a shovelware game since every jump game is shovel ware.

Still I wonder if the next episode will give a sneak peek to the adaptation of Chapter 487 before they begin to silver soul and air it after the new years eve celebration special in tv tokyo or not or at least make it an OVA and was it turned into a jump festa short yet?
It wasn't turned into a Jump Festa special
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 8:36 PM
Mar 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
johnknight648 said:

Oh well do you think there is news on when the anime adaptation of chapter 487 is made yet?
Dec 17, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
johnknight648 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Oh well do you think there is news on when the anime adaptation of chapter 487 is made yet?
If it's not coming in a manga volume, or a BD dvd as a OVA...then I don't think we'll get it
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 10:49 PM
Aug 2015
that sadou of mordor really crack me. the sadou is sadou not shadow lol
Dec 17, 2017 11:52 PM
Sep 2012
SenpaiJay98 said:
sweetsilver said:

"I didn't like how it was directed" that's not enough for a "Discussion Board", the animation is the same as a regular Gintama episode( a good animated Comedy episode is something like Episode 294 and 295, or 237 and 238)
SenpaiJay98 said:
sweetsilver said:

it was static background in second half and overuse joke in first half. I didnt enjoy when they tried to use many kind of joke to first half episode. Like from game franchise, s m thing, parody of tales, mario, and company itself. For second half, it felt strange when they use static background and less animation too much.
I found it funny episode but i cant enjoy as a whole.
Dec 18, 2017 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
For some reason that "Sadou of Mordor" poster in the Bamco office really tickled me.
Dec 18, 2017 12:44 AM

Sep 2015
Where is Zura? why he is not the one become Mario?
Into the Internet!
Dec 18, 2017 1:28 AM
Mar 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
johnknight648 said:

If it's not coming in a manga volume, or a BD dvd as a OVA...then I don't think we'll get it

Oh,I see then how can we message bandai namco pictures when they make an anime adaptation of chapter 487
Dec 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Sep 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
HerrSaitamaX said:

Honestly Gintama has been reusing a lot of soundtracks from previous seasons in the Rakuyou and Slip Arc, it's just getting repetitive at this point. It's not that they are bad, just have been almost severely abused.
Gintama only records new OST every every 50 episodes or so. I guess BNP thought that it was unnecessary to make more music for Gintama Rakuyou-hen and Porori-hen when they just released an OST soundtrack featuring all the new music made for Gintama 2015.They'll probably make a new soundtrack for the final season of Gintama though.

If they do manage to make a whole new soundtrack for the final season, I'd be extremely happy to hear all the new BGMs. Some of the previous BGMs are just masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2017 3:46 AM

Sep 2014
Hilarious episode as always. I wouldn't play this game for sure lol NEET effect would make me rage quit lmao. The reason we learned why Gintoki visits the toilet killed me lol

ExoticBankai said:
Anyone know the name of the song that start when gin spirit appear, it sound like a metal song that i've heard but i don't remenber wich...

It's called "Do you want to be a sugar doll too!" it was on the 3rd OST of the anime and played during that Ghost House arc. I guess they put this song when we have JoJo-like parodies.
Dec 18, 2017 8:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, this is true...but if not the first time that we can enjoy the same chapter with two different plots!!!
Dec 18, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
the game looks like total dogshit but this ep was fun at least so something good came from it.

The 2nd half of the episode was way better though, I'm already loving this guardian spirits part.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 18, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2017
gintoki's guardian made so much sense :)) i was laughing seeing it and thinking back to all those bloody fights he had and how he miraculously survived from time to time.

omg his screams when he was stuck in the toilet :))) he half died cause of the trauma of having no toilet paper and walked the dog lmao.
i was looking forward to see kagura's guardian i thought it'd be 10 times bigger than gintoki's. oh well, that's gintama surprise. that huge thing being actually a vengeance spirit was another twist. poor gintoki has been having constipation his whole life cause of this :)))

so i was listening to gintama 2015 OST and i just realized something. no body knows about gintoki's back except for katsura and takasugi. no one knows what he went through. the only person whom he ever mentioned this to was hijikata. wow.
Dec 18, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
The game segment was comedy gold. I would definitely buy that game, it was a glorious piece of clusterfuck. It seems that the CEO approved the game too. Hasegawa got the short end of the stick, as always.

NEET is scary.

Guardian Spirit segment was promising, particularly as Gintoki's guardian made its appearance. Sugita did a fine job conveying the terror of having no toilet paper. Shinpachi's expression as he laid his eyes on the guardian spirit was sublime as well.
Dec 18, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
lol now i'm curious to if the new game will have any references to this, also if the new tales doesn't have a gintama collab i'll be sad even god eater got one

paring the spirits with things they always done was great
Dec 19, 2017 3:18 AM

Nov 2013
does anyone notice the change in artstyle with this season compared to the last. I don't want to say its worse, but it's kinda sloppy..
Dec 19, 2017 4:17 AM

Feb 2016
herrickluk said:
does anyone notice the change in artstyle with this season compared to the last. I don't want to say its worse, but it's kinda sloppy..

Yea specially otae chan and ikumatsu those 2 are totally different except in the opening song

I don't know why if they can still draw the same faces as in the opening why did they change them in the episodes...!!!
Dec 19, 2017 4:48 AM

Sep 2017
Kja95 said:
herrickluk said:

Yea specially otae chan and ikumatsu those 2 are totally different except in the opening song

I don't know why if they can still draw the same faces as in the opening why did they change them in the episodes...!!!
i think the main staff were busy on silver soul arc. The artstyle went back to normal in episode 7 and 8.
Dec 19, 2017 9:55 AM
Nov 2013
God this episode as LEGEND I was audibly cracking up the whole time. Both halves killed me- can not wait for the glory of next weeks episode (and maybe an SS preview!?)
Dec 19, 2017 11:43 AM

Feb 2016
Salamak said:
Kja95 said:

i think the main staff were busy on silver soul arc. The artstyle went back to normal in episode 7 and 8.

If that's the case that's good news

It's a dream if SS becomes no.1 in mal but that's rather difficult....
Dec 19, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
Kja95 said:
Salamak said:

it won't be no.1 and it really doesn't matrer..but i really hope it becomes our number 1 between gintama seasons.. it can be no.2 tho, depends on the story, and how the studio will pace it, and it's animation..i mean gintama° was no2. Until kimino nawa was released, and still is no.2 i think in top tv series.
Dec 19, 2017 1:08 PM

Feb 2016
Salamak said:
Kja95 said:

it won't be no.1 and it really doesn't matrer..but i really hope it becomes our number 1 between gintama seasons.. it can be no.2 tho, depends on the story, and how the studio will pace it, and it's animation..i mean gintama° was no2. Until kimino nawa was released, and still is no.2 i think in top tv series.

That's because gintama° was something amazing indeed it made my love for gintama hit a higher level...

What I'm afraid of that half of gintama fanbase are not fans of action and that may lower the rate a bit

Also worried about the budget and animation quality...we are talking about 25 episodes full of fighting....
Dec 19, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
Salamak said:

That's because gintama° was something amazing indeed it made my love for gintama hit a higher level...

What I'm afraid of that half of gintama fanbase are not fans of action and that may lower the rate a bit

Also worried about the budget and animation quality...we are talking about 25 episodes full of fighting....
Usually a change in artstyle for a anime happens because the certain art director on that episode(like for example Gurren Lagann Episode 4, or Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 66) and that directors choice or style of how he draws them, and for SS arc, I hope there is a 3 month break inbetween Episodes 12 and 13 of the SS arc(a Split Cour)
Sup...
Dec 19, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

Usually a change in artstyle for a anime happens because the certain art director on that episode(like for example Gurren Lagann Episode 4, or Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 66) and that directors choice or style of how he draws them, and for SS arc, I hope there is a 3 month break inbetween Episodes 12 and 13 of the SS arc(a Split Cour)

I don't prefer split cour as it's a single arc
Dec 19, 2017 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I don't prefer split cour as it's a single arc
25 Episodes though...and Chapter 630 is a good spot to end "the first day" of the arc
Sup...
Dec 19, 2017 7:14 PM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

So the art director has been the same for over 12 years for gintama? There was never a change in artsyle before this season.
Kja95 said:
Salamak said:

exactly, it was a nice combination between comedy and fight scenes and feels.
and i wish for something BETTER than that for silver soul.
As for the fanbase, while i agree, i think it will have enough comedy. Rakuyo arc was a very serious arc and it had the least comedy in gintama ever, but ss has more comedy apparently. At least for the first half.
Also don't forget the same fanbase rated gintama° 9.23 ( atleast that was the score at the end of summer, i don't know why it went down to 9.19)
Dec 19, 2017 7:25 PM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

So the art director has been the same for over 12 years for gintama? There was never a change in artsyle before this season.
Kja95 said:

As for the fanbase, while i agree, i think it will have enough comedy. Rakuyo arc was a very serious arc and it had the least comedy in gintama ever, but ss has more comedy apparently. At least for the first half.
Also don't forget the same fanbase rated gintama° 9.23 ( atleast that was the score at the end of summer, i don't know why it went down to 9.19)
I mean, compare something like Episode 146 to Episode 147, noticeable art difference, or Episode 65 to Episode 64

as for SS I just hope they prioritize where long time fan favorite characters come back(rather than dialogue or comedy based episodes in SS arc)
Sup...
Dec 19, 2017 7:33 PM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:

I mean, compare something like Episode 146 to Episode 147, noticeable art difference, or Episode 65 to Episode 64

as for SS I just hope they prioritize where long time fan favorite characters come back(rather than dialogue or comedy based episodes in SS arc)
oh. Well i mean faces mostly, i'll check it out

Also totally don't know who youre talking about :|
They're not coming back til that far in the series?!
Dec 19, 2017 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

There will be characters back that haven't been in the series for like 150-300 episodes lol
Sup...
Dec 19, 2017 7:38 PM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:

There will be characters back that haven't been in the series for like 150-300 episodes lol
i know, but where talking certain people here
Dec 19, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I don't want to spoil for anyone lol
Sup...
Dec 20, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Salamak said:
I don't want to spoil for anyone lol

I think you already have :/ they're not coming back anytime soon apparently :/ i read the first chapter after rakuyo arc, i know who is coming back. Even a certain someone, i really didn't expected him ×D
Dec 20, 2017 2:47 AM
Dec 2016
I love how much the staff and sorachi doent give a shit about copyrights and breaking the fourth wall.
Dec 22, 2017 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
ehh... the first part about game wasn't enjoyable... is it adapted from manga or is it a filler?

the new arc seems to be interesting :)
Dec 22, 2017 6:54 AM
Aug 2016
Easily, the best episode of this season. It was perfect. Only problem is quality of animation.
Dec 22, 2017 7:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
hawkusho said:
ehh... the first part about game wasn't enjoyable... is it adapted from manga or is it a filler?
It was chapter 430 in the manga. The game they used in the manga was different though (Gintama no Sugoroku instead of Gintama Rumble).
Dec 23, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2015
AHAHHAHA I laughed so much this ep~

this'll probably go to my top 10 gintama eps in terms of comedy. I mean, if I had one such list of course. Anyways, 10/10 ep.
Dec 26, 2017 10:01 AM

Mar 2016
The part about remaking the upcoming Gintama game is not really og becsuse I think Gintama has already made an arc like this but funnier in the past (Such as when they all play an online game)

However, the fourth quarter of the episode makes up for it! Everything from why Kagura ends her sentence with -Aru are all explained + the reactions from Shinpachi just add the toppings on top.

The next episode will be the last official, legit, full-length comedy episode before the Silver Soul Arc (last arc) coming in January 2018...
Dec 26, 2017 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
I love how Gintoki bashes everything related to his own show, if they do release a new Gintama game, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an episode mentioning all the reddit and 2ch comments bashing/praising it.

The second half was hilarious, the ghosts were like stands from Jojo's BA. Gintoki's stand is enabling his NEETism and is a glorified, vengeful spirit of an eraser LOL

Drunken Pikachu's "akuhuru, akuhuru" and him going to his "master" made me lol.
臭い-
Dec 27, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
Bandai Namco should focus on properly animating Gintama instead of promoting a game. Also, I loled @ Sadou of Mordor poster xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 4, 2018 3:09 PM

May 2012
First part was a bit meh but that second part sure was interesting! And well I'm glad we've reached the end almost with the next and last episode of this quite pointless season.
Jan 6, 2018 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
The cursed glasses and oh my god Gintoki's guardian. That was one big badass shot with that soundtrack. It tastes completely different in the anime.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 18, 2018 5:30 PM
Dec 2014
Ok first part,it was funny but not as funny as second part.
I liked the Tale of serie and Jojo references.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 26, 2017

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.