Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2017 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
See, now that episode was fun. A bit late to start doing that, but points for trying?
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Dec 17, 2017 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Huh, I think understand Evangelion more then what happened in this episode
Dec 17, 2017 10:58 PM
Jun 2016
I love how messed up this episode was, I was telling my friend that my anime went full anime a few episodes ago when they started turning the other clubs into anime....now it's ALL anime...
Dec 17, 2017 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
OH MY GOODNESS!
i'm totally shocked! what an episode! what had i watched this season!

had any of u ever called in mind that this show is not just some cute girls having afternoon tea and talking about anime neta?
have u ever watched something that changes from slice-of-life comedy to horror mystery all in a sudden?
OMG... its like, im sitting in the couch with chips in my hand, watching haiyore nyaruko-san for relaxation, and suddenly the tv starts to broadcast Matrix or The Truman Show! following the movie my mind begins to run and the more it runs the more i start to fear!

all neta becomes of no means. though we all know that ART IS EXPLOSION (and neko-senpai knows it too, obviously), the real explosion for this episode is that minoa realizes that shes in an anime. shes watching her anime world just as i do. it reminds me the fear and shock when i first played the stanley parable. it suddenly becomes horrifying that the line between the world inside the cellphone screen and the world outside it has somehow vanished. i myself becomes the one controlled by the producer.
it may not work. it may not succeed. it may not be accepted by audiences. maybe the fund from chinese investor gave them the courage to try something different.

this episode has no topic, and the series title changed from anime-gataris to anime-gataras. the original title 「アニメ語りず」 can be tranlated to "talks about anime" since gataris is the plural form of gatari. however 「語らず」 is the negative form of 「語る」, so the new title anime-gataras (「アニメ語らず」) would be tranlated to "NO talk about anime". that name just fits the collapse of main character's world.
every detail has its means. the writer put it there with a well-done camouflage. i have never thought that the beret cap would be used in this way. and i even didnt realize that the topic has changed. i was just about to conplain why this episode played the OP three times, until the very last second. the producer knows that many people skip the OP, so they specially played it again in the middle. the last scene of neko-senpai is more like revealing the answer in the end: "did u find it?" i immediately went back to alice's "playback scene" and began to doubt my vision. how could i miss it?

after episode 9, the real plot of this show seems to begin floating up. at that time i posted my feelings (not in MAL): "this show wasted too much time before, especially in the almost whole 9th episode. the real story could have begun earlier. now if it dont give me a satifying end to the main story, i would give it a low rating." after episode 10 i even doubt more if it can finish in a reasonable and acceptable way. but this episode simply overturns everything. i dont know what will happen since it just has one episode left, but only for this episode, i must take off my caps. to me, its the biggest shock from anime since the last episode of steins;gate.
final verdict: 5/5

we're having cocaine, driving a car with no brakes, speeding down the hill towards the hell.
vellabrownDec 18, 2017 1:02 AM
Dec 18, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
This episode be like

She is the one.
Dec 18, 2017 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
A weird episode, but so hilarious.
Dec 18, 2017 5:28 AM

Oct 2012
what did i just watch??
Dec 18, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
My gawd. I got mindF*cked!!!

Did I watch the correct anime? What the heck is going on?
Dec 18, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2013
I now sympathize Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club even more after this episode. Minoa experiencing what Monika experienced is truly depressing and horrifying.

I totally called it. I knew Nakano was an anime character from another anime when that picture of him not aging showed up.
Next Episode, Minoa about to pull a Madoka.
Anime Me: What are you talking about?! Minoa is Madoka
Holy Fck!!!!!
DarkwindJRDec 18, 2017 9:55 AM
Dec 18, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2013
vellabrown said:
OH MY GOODNESS!
i'm totally shocked! what an episode! what had i watched this season!

had any of u ever called in mind that this show is not just some cute girls having afternoon tea and talking about anime neta?
have u ever watched something that changes from slice-of-life comedy to horror mystery all in a sudden?
OMG... its like, im sitting in the couch with chips in my hand, watching haiyore nyaruko-san for relaxation, and suddenly the tv starts to broadcast Matrix or The Truman Show! following the movie my mind begins to run and the more it runs the more i start to fear!

all neta becomes of no means. though we all know that ART IS EXPLOSION (and neko-senpai knows it too, obviously), the real explosion for this episode is that minoa realizes that shes in an anime. shes watching her anime world just as i do. it reminds me the fear and shock when i first played the stanley parable. it suddenly becomes horrifying that the line between the world inside the cellphone screen and the world outside it has somehow vanished. i myself becomes the one controlled by the producer.
it may not work. it may not succeed. it may not be accepted by audiences. maybe the fund from chinese investor gave them the courage to try something different.

this episode has no topic, and the series title changed from anime-gataris to anime-gataras. the original title 「アニメ語りず」 can be tranlated to "talks about anime" since gataris is the plural form of gatari. however 「語らず」 is the negative form of 「語る」, so the new title anime-gataras (「アニメ語らず」) would be tranlated to "NO talk about anime". that name just fits the collapse of main character's world.
every detail has its means. the writer put it there with a well-done camouflage. i have never thought that the beret cap would be used in this way. and i even didnt realize that the topic has changed. i was just about to conplain why this episode played the OP three times, until the very last second. the producer knows that many people skip the OP, so they specially played it again in the middle. the last scene of neko-senpai is more like revealing the answer in the end: "did u find it?" i immediately went back to alice's "playback scene" and began to doubt my vision. how could i miss it?

after episode 9, the real plot of this show seems to begin floating up. at that time i posted my feelings (not in MAL): "this show wasted too much time before, especially in the almost whole 9th episode. the real story could have begun earlier. now if it dont give me a satifying end to the main story, i would give it a low rating." after episode 10 i even doubt more if it can finish in a reasonable and acceptable way. but this episode simply overturns everything. i dont know what will happen since it just has one episode left, but only for this episode, i must take off my caps. to me, its the biggest shock from anime since the last episode of steins;gate.
final verdict: 5/5

we're having cocaine, driving a car with no brakes, speeding down the hill towards the hell.

A lot of us saw this coming but still it hit us like a truck. Episode 1 already showed us signs. In episode 9 there were definite hints. All doubts got thrown out the window in episode 10 but we we're still hoping that our theories were wrong cause it would be a scary thought. Then this episode happened. I saw this coming from the moment someone said the world is ending is in the description and when I saw Minoa running from a bunch of anime characters in the opening song.
It was definitely like the Matrix, Doki Doki Literature Club & The Truman Show.
Dec 18, 2017 9:42 AM
Apr 2009
vellabrown said:

that is us watching that episode but Minoa is on some WAY HIGHER shit
Dec 18, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2017
Woah... I was expecting some dark turn but this is definitely above my expectations.
Shoshanim said:
it's almost felt like playing doki doki literature club again.
This...

So now Minoa has to choose between embracing the anime instrumentality project and let the anime consume the world and becomes one with it, or rejecting it, causing the destruction of anime and letting anyone who doesn´t have the will to live as part of a sea of graphite.

Yeah i have lost my mind but this anime has lost it too, so anything can happen now

Can wait to see the End Of Animegataris
Dec 18, 2017 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
i loved this episode so much i'm kinda dizzy. this is like. THIS IS IT. this is exploring the boundaries of animation and anime culture. this is exploring genres and character development. this is the kind of shit i crave in every single shit i watch. they'll have to fuck up maaaaaaaaajorly in the final episode to make me not fave animegataris for good. this is too good y'all. why isn't everybody watching this
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Dec 18, 2017 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
WELL OKAY. I thought we were going full on Meta, but then it just started looking like a dream... well... I thought she was dreaming... it was so blatant I couldn't tell what they were doing. Was half expecting part of the episode to be a recording of real people, and we actually got close to it so I'm expecting that to actually happen next episode, I mean, we even got a self insert. Was freaking hilarious though, but I now understand what Monika must have felt when she first became self aware in Doki Doki Literature Club.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 18, 2017 3:59 PM
Oct 2017
The black and white animation doe hah
Dec 18, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
uchimaki131 said:
Jokes aside i felt like this episode itself is like madoka magica rebellion.

Have you seen Paprika or Summer Wars? Those are probably better examples of inspiration for this episode and it was even referenced in the episode.

Anyway, it was very interesting breaking of 4th wall although I would appreciated if they actually went more serious with this creating an ultimate mindfuck, slowly changing all the features of anime going back in time. The very fact they didn't leave those 80-90s eyes and other things on in the next scene was just waste in book. But have to say I kinda lost it when I realized they were slowly, almost unnoticably changing the aspect ration to 4:3 :D

Bucknerd said:
Joe88 said:
I think thats Hideaki Anno
It's actually the director of Animegataris. He literally put himself in his own anime.

https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=29349
Dec 18, 2017 7:13 PM

Mar 2017
this show just became a masterpiece
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 18, 2017 7:40 PM

Nov 2014
Is there some sort of inner deeper meaning? I'm so confused. I get there ere hints, but this seems so outlandish.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 19, 2017 12:47 AM

Oct 2015
Somehow this reminds me of Doki Doki Literature Club. This anime kind of freak me out, it will surely be a masterpiece if things become super dark like Doki Doki, you expect things to be fully light hearted but no it’s not.
Dec 19, 2017 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
Whooooaaaaaaaa! Mindblowing. And the whole thing with title :o

Btw, did I mention how much I like ED song? It's easily the best ED of this season and one of the best of this year. I love chord progression in this song.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 19, 2017 6:36 AM
Dec 2017
I feel so sad to Minoa 😢. She is the only innocence here, when the scene of everyone hates her coming, I was really angry at the same time.
From the last episode, I feels like this anime hiding something "secret". Like how real the "anime influence" in the club and school, rain in the principal's room, and also why student council and principal want to close the anime research club so desperately.
The plottwist are even worse than madoka and steins gate, because the anime's genre itself called "comedy".
Dec 19, 2017 8:01 AM

Mar 2015
They fucking raped the 4th wall so hard!

I feel so bad for Minoa because she became self-aware in anime, a fake world. Even Minase Inori character said "it's almost ending" because next episode is the last.

Damn. When you think about it, it became "the world is ending because the anime is ending" hence the end of the world synopsis.

Dec 19, 2017 8:50 AM
Oct 2017
i never watch the high level of meta before watch this.

this episode so "destroyed" in a good way.

Anime-ception just too OP.

i agree like some comments if this episode has some Doki Doki Literature Club's vibe.

i read the comment about the OP visual change in some episode.
I HAVE TO WATCH IT ALL OVER AGAIN AND I AM SO PISSED OF WITH MYSELF DUE TO THIS :"v
ValeYellow10thDec 19, 2017 9:03 AM
Dec 19, 2017 8:51 AM
Oct 2017
Maruko-san said:
Somehow this reminds me of Doki Doki Literature Club. This anime kind of freak me out, it will surely be a masterpiece if things become super dark like Doki Doki, you expect things to be fully light hearted but no it’s not.

o yeah, we have same tho. i felt this episode have some psychological thriller
ValeYellow10thDec 19, 2017 8:55 AM
Dec 19, 2017 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Lol okay so I thought that was hilarious. This is.. interesting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 19, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2008
HAHA! watching this episode made me realize that i'm the one crazy trying hard to understand what the hecks' happening with the plot and true ending of this show!
I gone nuts!
1/5.

Dec 19, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
This episode really made the anime make a lot more sense and it was a great idea!

Really good episode.
Dec 19, 2017 8:21 PM
Sep 2016
Well this just took a whole new turn... I wonder how they'll pull off the finale.
Dec 19, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
who wants to count the number of references ? I think it is around 100+
Dec 20, 2017 11:23 AM

Feb 2013
I'm so confused lol. If you were to ask me at the start of this anime how things were going to end up, I can say for certain that this would have been the last thing on the list.
Dec 20, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2013
Oh wow.... it went full Samurai Flamenco weirdness.
Interesting concept: an anime realizing they are an anime. XD
Dec 21, 2017 2:20 AM
Dec 2017
i like the anime invading anime idea, i've never seen it before. this episode is all over the place, it kinda reminds me of doki doki by how it randomly gets weird and stuffs happening everywhere and you're confused
ZinoniteDec 21, 2017 2:24 AM
Dec 21, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
Doki Doki Anime Club wtf, awesome episode.
Dec 22, 2017 8:38 PM
Dec 2017
Drop..
Wtf with this episode, it looks like the author is not have good idea..
I give score from 7 to 5 because episode 11
Dec 23, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2016
Oh god the amount of breaking the fourth wall this episode, maan. I freaking love it. I had to rate this show a 8/10 from 7/10 because of this episode. Hahaha. That was so freaking hilarious especially when Minoa hit her head with that transition letters then that black bar appeared I was like 'What the fuck is something wrong with my laptop screen?'. Hahaha. Ohmygod this episode was everything.

They even rewind the actual anime to the OP TWICE! Hahahaha.

That Kuroshitsuji reference, though. Hihi.

Now I wonder who's that Nakano's boss? The mangaka? The director? Hahaha.

Idc about the plot anymore, tbh. I'm just honestly enjoying this anime for its anime references and random shenanigans. 5/5 for this episode! <3

falahgerrard said:
Eps 11 just like this movie i think

This made me happy that someone also thought of the Truman Show. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 23, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
That rule of three for the Machiko Sensei gag.
Dec 24, 2017 1:15 AM

May 2011
when you had lotta money and dont know what to do = just let some madman create some anime.

i notice that man from epsd 1 and waiting for his come out at principal arc but he didnt, yet he show up in this epsd 11. seems they dont care the story anymore and just want to make something interesting.

Yes it's indeed interesting to watch, but in weird ways :P
6.5/10 i guess
Dec 24, 2017 5:36 AM

Mar 2012
Lol this shit is so crazy, I love it
Dec 24, 2017 6:17 AM

Aug 2013
A weird but a hilarious episode. Anime has taken over the world.

Dec 24, 2017 9:12 PM

Oct 2015
falahgerrard said:
Eps 11 just like this movie i think
We finally have the Truman equivalent of anime!
Dec 25, 2017 6:07 PM

Oct 2015
I was wondering what they were referencing to and when the CD of "Replica" was shown I freaking lol'd didn't expect them to reference paprika haha
I love how self conscious this show is!
Dec 28, 2017 7:41 AM

Mar 2009
I don't even understand what's happening anymore.
Jan 8, 2018 7:54 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, that was a surprisingly realistic reaction to an extremely unsettling experience of reality falling apart around you into nonsensical anime tropes.

This episode was like something out of a horror flick, but with goofy stylization.

Also, well played on getting back to the weird magic crap in the first ep.
GenesisAriaJan 8, 2018 7:59 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 22, 2018 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
& new it became silly weird mess, anime went down hill from here
Jan 29, 2018 9:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Them 4th wall breaks were hilarious lol
Felt bad for Minoa because only she and Aurora could see the changes.

Feb 12, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that sure went completely wack! Pretty interesting though, you don't see that happen a lot in anime for the same reason they said in this episode. Well I really do wonder what the final episode will have to offer to be honest, can't directly see an ending for this kind of change...
May 10, 2018 1:34 AM
Mar 2017
Episode a bit weird, but it leaves you wanting to know how it will end.

FireCrauterMay 10, 2018 2:03 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 29, 2021 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
Going completely ham was probably the best thing this series could've done.

Was really hilarious, especially loved the late 90 /early 00 style part at the beginning of when the family looked and ran like charas from the 60's.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Dec 2020
They literally just cranked all that meta and absurd levels to 11 this ep and it tied in with a small mysteries all presented since the start of the show as well
Jan 8, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2019
This felt like a different Anime, did they not know how to end it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

108 by bushman66 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2017

54 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

93 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

71 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:06 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

97 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.