Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2017 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
I'm sitting here, about to press the refund button for Battlefront 2, and thinking no.

Dec 15, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2017
Nothing beats the ORIGINAL Battlefront II on my PS2 back in the day. The new games just feel.. so empty and devoid of life. Not a fan personally.

Dec 15, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2015
If you lived in 2005 and didn't play battlefront you didn't live mate.

Idk about todays battlefront though.
Dec 15, 2017 9:40 PM

Dec 2017
Unconcerned said:
I played the original Battlefront 2 all the time with my buds back in the day. It was a great game.

Yes! I couldn’t agree more! Me and my bro spent hours playing out different scenarios. So awesome. They don’t make em like they used to.. :/

Dec 15, 2017 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, I'm talking about the original. I got it from the sale yesterday. I'm not enjoying it.

Dec 16, 2017 4:11 AM

Apr 2016
It's just money grab, because of hype from Star Wars.
Dec 16, 2017 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
The original that I played for so long as a kid was so good, the newer ones eeeeehhhhhh

I kept playing it for months and I think it lasted a year even.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Dec 16, 2017 6:35 AM

Dec 2011
Yes, but then EA happened...
Dec 16, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
FenderKiller said:
Nothing beats the ORIGINAL Battlefront II on my PS2 back in the day. The new games just feel.. so empty and devoid of life. Not a fan personally.

Yeah, the original one was one of my favorite games on the PS2.
Dec 16, 2017 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
The original Battlefront games were good. The new ones...not so much.
Dec 17, 2017 3:52 AM
Dec 2017
I was a kid who got a psp for Christmas and played one all day Christmas. Though that may have been due to not having any other game plus no memory card so I was forced to play it but I liked that one. I have the new one on my family's xbox but I hate xbox so yeah have yet to try it
Dec 17, 2017 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
I remember playing a lot of the original battlefront 2 on my ps2 and loving it, but with out nostalgia i don't think it would hold up very well.
Dec 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2007
I think Battlefront, the new ones, are more fun to watch than to play. Better than the movie sequels, at least. (ya I went thar)

Dec 17, 2017 11:45 PM

Jan 2013
No, and neither were the PS2 games, if I'm absolutely brutally honest. They didn't have to be good games to be worth playing though. That's the difference between then and now.

edit: to clarify, most of the games people remember being good were, actually, buggy pieces of shit held together with silly putty. Some games were a little better, maybe instead of silly putty it was duct tape, but overall there are plenty of things that just would not fly in today's gaming industry.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending EA's Battlefront II in any way. I spent thousands of hours playing the originals so I can safely say I'm enamoured with them. I just know that the reason they were endearing is because there were flaws. The AI wasn't great- you could exploit the behavior really easily- and online was a horrid mess of high latency fun. Did they manage to make you feel like you were actually playing a star wars game and not a repaint of a previous title? Hell yes. That's why I think that a successful game doesn't have to be a good game.
Syrup-Dec 17, 2017 11:51 PM
Dec 17, 2017 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
Syrup- said:
No, and neither were the PS2 games, if I'm absolutely brutally honest. They didn't have to be good games to be worth playing though. That's the difference between then and now.

edit: to clarify, most of the games people remember being good were, actually, buggy pieces of shit held together with silly putty. Some games were a little better, maybe instead of silly putty it was duct tape, but overall there are plenty of things that just would not fly in today's gaming industry.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending EA's Battlefront II in any way. I spent thousands of hours playing the originals so I can safely say I'm enamoured with them. I just know that the reason they were endearing is because there were flaws. The AI wasn't great- you could exploit the behavior really easily- and online was a horrid mess of high latency fun. Did they manage to make you feel like you were actually playing a star wars game and not a repaint of a previous title? Hell yes. That's why I think that a successful game doesn't have to be a good game.

A good game is a game that's fun to play.
Dec 19, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
Will personaly i would say its not the good tbh.
Dec 19, 2017 6:13 PM

Nov 2012
People overhype the original Battlefront games. They were pretty shallow experiences that were largely made fun because of the Star Wars brand tie-in. The first Battlefront didn't even have a campaign either, and the second one just recycled the multiplayer levels with more varied objectives and cut scenes thrown in between. Don't get me wrong, they're still fun times, but not these monolithic must-have games that they get lauded to be. Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Knight II, and Rogue Squadron II were all frankly better Star Wars games that came out during the same era.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Dec 20, 2017 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
I remember back when I always play the original battlefront II non-stop. The newest one is just meh.

Dec 20, 2017 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
I've sunk hundreds of hours into the PS2 Battlefront games and even I admit that they weren't anything special. They were sort of like my fast food for the PS2 back then -- play them for some quick cheap fun before moving on to better games.

Easily the best thing about them though was that special game mode in Tattooine where only Hero units are allowed. Feels like playing a third-person MOBA. Roughly half of my overall gametime was spent on playing that mode actually. I wonder if the new Battlefronts have it?

Somewhat relevant: the KotOR duology will always be the best Star Wars games by a long mile.
Dec 22, 2017 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
To be fair, do you like anything?

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 5 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
6 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
8 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Today

3 by Theo1899 »»
11 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.