Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh this episode was interesting.

Sofie and Sword continues their journey becomes into conflict with a woman and some of the townfolks. Life just never comes easy for these two. I liked Sword's role though against that Horror.

Seriously, a monster like that needed to be put down. Glad to see Gina back :D
Dec 15, 2017 9:32 AM

Aug 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh this episode was interesting.

Sofie and Sword continues their journey becomes into conflict with a woman and some of the townfolks. Life just never comes easy for these two. I liked Sword's role though against that Horror.

Seriously, a monster like that needed to be put down. Glad to see Gina back :D

Where do you usually watch the japanese dub episode?
Dec 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Sofie and Sword continues their journey to El Dorado and end up in a small town. She got taken away because the people thought she was kidnapped by Sword, but they were tricked by a horror. It's good to see Gina again. She kept the people safe.
Dec 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode again, Sword getting chased in that town kinda reminded me at Zoro from One Piece during the Whiskey Peak arc xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
More Gina automatically means this episode was awesome.
Dec 15, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
To capture Sophie for the El Dorado king, a horror takes possession of a small town sheriff, who frames Sword as a kidnapper. Best girl Gina rides in and saves Sword's ass when he's cornered by the town's people. A creepy looking dude named Bishop reveals himself as a kind of horror intermediary.

The grandma with the gatling gun was hilarious. XD

5/5
Dec 15, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
Nice to see Gina again, she's always so badass when she gets involved.

Sword and Sophie ran into some trouble with the townspeople thinking he kidnapped her. Luckily they made it out of that, but not before encountering that troublesome Bishop guy.

Also, this is probably the first time I've seen a granny using a gatling gun.....anime is truly amazing lol. That part was great.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 15, 2017 6:46 PM
Sep 2015
One of the Garo strong point is the portrayed of feminist, Sophiale can help herself, Gina is awesome as usual, Natalia is a strong independent woman, even Grandma looks badass with machine gun. But what I want to see is Sword taking a shower in the next episode.
Dec 15, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 2015
That's right Sword, never forget to pay your "Respect" wherever and whatever you do. And Sword, I would like to remind you about you forget to do the "Respect" toward Gina? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 15, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2014
ok nice episode... the horror was living with them for two years.... the old lady with big guns made me laugh so much
Dec 15, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2016
Gaaaaah. I literally screamed so loud when Gina appeared. Goddamnit. *does Sword's usual routine when he sees an oppai* Thanks for the blessing which is Gina, show. Hahaha.

Ugh. My baby Sophie is such a strong woman this episode yet again. She never fails to make me proud. Glad those people in the town weren't turn into Horrors. *sigh of relief* And great job to Sword and Gina for protecting them with that type of barrier Gina made because yeah that Bishop asshole will pulverize them. Lmao.

Kyaaaa. More Gina, pleaaaaaase. ^_^v

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 16, 2017 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
The music was awesome in this episode.
Dec 16, 2017 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
Old Lady Remind me of Hiro Shishigami.
Datatatata
BRAWLERS
Dec 16, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2013
Sword is a great mood uplifter. I'm so glad that Sophie can still smile and be happy, despite all of the difficulties she's been dealing with.

You go, girl! :3
Weakness is a sin!
Dec 16, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
So it seems the El Dorado king is her brother....
Dec 16, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2016
Solid action, solid story, and Gina!! Great episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 16, 2017 11:44 AM
Oct 2007
nightcrawlercyp said:

I'm still hoping that there's a twist to this reveal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
luccide said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I have a feeling its not her brother. When Bishop for the final time asks Sophie to come to El Dorado with him, he called her "Princess".. So if shes the Princess to the King, she would be the Kings daughter. So I'm betting its her dad. We haven't gotten any backstory on why or how they became orphans. I think her Bro found a clue on what really happened to their parents and it led him to El Dorado where he was captured.
Dec 16, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
totti2k2 said:
luccide said:

I have a feeling its not her brother. When Bishop for the final time asks Sophie to come to El Dorado with him, he called her "Princess".. So if shes the Princess to the King, she would be the Kings daughter. So I'm betting its her dad. We haven't gotten any backstory on why or how they became orphans. I think her Bro found a clue on what really happened to their parents and it led him to El Dorado where he was captured.
That is also possible... although hime does not mean princess. It refers to any young woman of the royal household and can mean also a young woman from a noble house. So the king's sister would be called the same. Hime is actually like "Your highness" but only used for women.
nightcrawlercypDec 16, 2017 10:21 PM
Dec 16, 2017 5:28 PM

Jun 2016
Gina, holy Gina. I celebrated when she arrived to save Sword's ass, we all want more of she in this marvelous anime!
Dec 16, 2017 7:14 PM
Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
totti2k2 said:

That is also possible...
Given the fact that we haven't seen any of her parents and we are almost to the half way mark I doubt that and if anything the Brother could have a creepy thing for his sister.
Dec 16, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
lord23 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
That is also possible...
Given the fact that we haven't seen any of her parents and we are almost to the half way mark I doubt that and if anything the Brother could have a creepy thing for his sister.
where did you get that? It has nothing to do with having a thing for her sister.
Dec 17, 2017 1:57 AM
Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
lord23 said:
where did you get that? It has nothing to do with having a thing for her sister.
The horrors calling her princess or such then again for all we know he could be a horror too.
Dec 17, 2017 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
lord23 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
The horrors calling her princess or such then again for all we know he could be a horror too.
The horrors are calling her your highness not princess . Princess is a bad sub. And just because her brother is the king of horrors does not even mean he is a horror. A king is more of a figure head and a leader.
Dec 17, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2016
Sorry, I hate to ask this here. I have not started this anime yet but I am somewhat curious about it. I only got one question. Is it an episodic anime or is there like a plot in the background but not the main focus like Cowboy Bebop?
Dec 17, 2017 4:02 AM

Dec 2014
blu3_puls3 said:
Sorry, I hate to ask this here. I have not started this anime yet but I am somewhat curious about it. I only got one question. Is it an episodic anime or is there like a plot in the background but not the main focus like Cowboy Bebop?

nope but like becop there are some villians there and then which connect to the fnal villain if that makes any sense
Dec 17, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2014
well the town was something...Icracked when the old lady had the big guns lol
Dec 17, 2017 7:56 AM
Dec 2010
blu3_puls3 said:

Garo shows/anime hae a basic premise. Because of how horrors exists they are there forever so fighting the "monsters of the day" is something the makai knights do there whole life. The big bads that a season will typically show are just bigger than the usual threats that makai knights fight. so there will be a lot of monster of the day episodes and then in the middle and ending the big bad makes there plan go.
Dec 20, 2017 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
Xeogran said:
Sword is a great mood uplifter. I'm so glad that Sophie can still smile and be happy, despite all of the difficulties she's been dealing with.

You go, girl! :3

Sword didn't even hang around so the people would apologize for the misunderstanding, realizing the townsfolk have their hands full with rebuilding and/or relocating. Guess he just shrugged it off as a bad day.
Dec 20, 2017 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
Gina for reinforcements!
new high level enemy Bishop already made an appearance.
Natalia another god gifted big boobs.
The animation on this episode is atrocious!
3/5.

Dec 21, 2017 12:28 PM

Jul 2009
Gina saved the day!
Jan 1, 2018 1:55 PM

May 2014
Cool ep. Loved to see Gina back and daym aren't her car awesome. For a moment there I thought they would kidnap Sophie and bring her to the King of El Dorado. Now that the horror dude called Sophie princess, I am even more sure that the King of El Dorado must be either her brother or her father (probably her brother). What I found most funny in this ep. is that Sword deflected a rocket launcher missile with a metal sign. Now that's anime logic at it top. xD
Jan 3, 2018 5:35 AM
Apr 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Princess is a bad sub. And just because her brother is the king of horrors does not even mean he is a horror. A king is more of a figure head and a leader.

I know I'm gonna get crucified for this, but in the dub she is called a Princess by Bishop, so it probably was intended like that. I think that it is referring to her as a royal sister, if her brother is the King.

And if you want to know why I am watching the dub rather than the sub then it's because the dub is actually quite good and it is set in an almost-America so it just made more sense. Especially the wild west accents in the town.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Jan 3, 2018 5:54 AM

Aug 2012
Blue_Pie_Ninja said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Princess is a bad sub. And just because her brother is the king of horrors does not even mean he is a horror. A king is more of a figure head and a leader.

I know I'm gonna get crucified for this, but in the dub she is called a Princess by Bishop, so it probably was intended like that. I think that it is referring to her as a royal sister, if her brother is the King.

And if you want to know why I am watching the dub rather than the sub then it's because the dub is actually quite good and it is set in an almost-America so it just made more sense. Especially the wild west accents in the town.
As I said the translation is bad . The japanese just means a young woman with a high status, even a duchess. And the dub can be great but it still loses a lot of the meanings of the japanese words
Jan 8, 2018 6:42 PM

May 2010
Guess I'm the only guy not excited about Gina's appearance? It really felt like a stupid ass-pull and kinda deflated all the tension in the episode. And while I generally welcome any and all femme fatale characters, I really don't see what she adds to the story.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 29, 2018 9:16 PM
Jan 2012
good episode. Gina saves the day. Desconfiaram of Sword because very anormal,one adult walking with one kid,but there not know's story of Sophie. Bishop so very misterious.
Jul 13, 2019 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
*boobs exist*
Sword: "Thank the heavens"

I now know why people don't enter that village, that village has every modern weapon in existence, like a bazooka....thats overkill

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.