Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I know this series has a lot of flashbacks but I think they are important for the overall storytelling.

Felt like this epsiode was slightly slower in terms of pacing. I really like how Miou is helping out people with drawing. Miou, Akari, and Natsuki are still getting along quite well despite some of the recent personal problems Miou is dealing with.

Dec 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
The main girl has been shy and afraid of communication since kindergarten.

KajiKaji's character regrets saying such opinion and said sorry to SuzuKen's character. The girls worries about the main girl and invited her to eat together. It was then got informed that SuzuKen's character will go to the US.

It seems like SuzuKen's character is doubting about his dream to be a movie director.

The 3 girls go to art class outside their school to teach the people. A little boy is impatient and caused trouble. The main girl is patient and got him to continue. She then later helped an old man on his blurred mind.

She then later regret about having fun because her feeling of fun is burdening SuzuKen's character and she doesn't tell that to everyone until later. It was mentioned that SuzuKen's character must be sad, so she decided to draw one even if it's too late.

After the ED, it showed that the brother on the bed gave up on his dream after hearing SuzuKen's character told him he wants to be a movie director like him.

Winter, huh. And two more eps. left.
tsubasaloverDec 15, 2017 7:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2017 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus girl stop being such a drama queen.
Dec 15, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2017
So...at forst she avoided him because of his brother, thats a dick move to just start avoiding a close friend like that, especialy with a reason like that, she should have told him! And then she doesnt think she can be with him because he is going to the US, ok i get it thats actually a pretty sencible decision. Then she says screw it my «map/story» with him is not over! If he wants to go to IS to study too bad! Remember only we know that Haruki is having doubts, she doesnt ( and i expect her to be the deciding factror in wether or not he does go. Could very well end up with him saying something cliche like «becoming a driector was my brothers dream, my dream idk yet all i know is that i love you and want to be with you») im hoping they both go to the US, she to study drawing and him to study filming! Because even if Haruki is doubtfull know i think that he may have started with movies because of him, the reason he enjoys making and has fallen in live with it is all his own doing through making movies with his friends, like he did.
Just let them be togheter in the end, if he goes to the US and leaves her behind(like im predicting), im going to lose my shit.
Dec 15, 2017 11:02 AM
Nov 2016
Not a lot happened this episode but it was still pretty good....

They did a good job with the sequence of scenes showing Haruki trying to figure out wether he was living his own dream or his brother's dream.
Dec 15, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
Not the most progressive episode.

Liked the parts where Miou was teaching art at school, that was really nice.

Haruki saying he'll give up on studying abroad at the end was sad. :(
Dec 15, 2017 12:45 PM
Dec 2017
That scene where Haruki's doubting about studying abroad is very interesting. It slowly turns out here, that it's not just a regular shoujo, it also has some philosophy in it, like when we have to decide our own future but when we do so, it may turns out it's not exactly the right decision we wanted by ourselves, because we were influenced by someone else.
Dec 15, 2017 2:29 PM
Mar 2015
Her friends,pancakes and teaching helped her get over blaming herself for Haruki's brothers death. Hopefully her painting will help him overcome his doubts about whether being a movie director was his dream
Dec 15, 2017 5:02 PM

Jan 2014
This was the best episode so far. It had many memorable scenes.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 15, 2017 9:38 PM

Dec 2014
the melodrama is so hyped up in the anime..... but I am glad miao is trying to move on
Dec 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Maan, those episodes really feels really short, right?

Finally, she decided to do somthing and at least she tell to her friend. But now that she has this determination of course it won't so easy.

Meanwhile, Haruki may lost his will to shoot movies even though he's talented as heck. I still wonder how they reconcille with each other but a) there would be her final painting she will leave in their club room and b) both Natsuki and Setoguchi will give them some push to meet each other unknowingly.
Let's hope their misunderstanding clears out in some good fashion.

But it's actually pretty interesting how he had fallen in love even more mainly because she rejected him. Well, this is how it goes in life, she made him think about her, think what mistake he did. I honestly believe that when she learns the truth he would relief instead of grief.

Also, I did find it pretty amusing that Saki-sensei is also the same in this regard, Haruki's brother wanted him to teach so he started doing that after his death. Pretty big influence to their lives if you ask me.

Pretty good episode if you ask me.
Dec 18, 2017 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
A bad part of Miou is she's always blaming herself. Good thing she has 2 true good friends that helped her realize that its not her fault!
4/5.

Dec 30, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2015
Love is important but… don’t you dare Haruki! You can't cancel that once in a lifetime opportunity...
Dec 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Feb 2013
Miou finally starting to get out of her slump.
She was so nice to that little boy in the "art" class.

I say just lock the "couple" in a closet until they work things out...
Dec 31, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2012
Quite the touching moments, yet still some interesting progression! Let's see what's next.
Jan 6, 2018 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Over the hump for her and into depression for him.
Jan 16, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2017
Even the side characters are better than the main girl. Miou is annoying as ever. I'm feel sad for Haruki. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
Miou is a nice girl, she is very insecure, that's why a lot of people complain about her.
Apr 26, 2018 10:32 PM

Mar 2015
Ergh Miou was very mopey this episode. Self-pity is such an undesirable trait!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2019 11:07 PM

Nov 2014
At last Miou came to resolve her determination. Glad that she can finally the draw the image that she really wanted to finished for Haruki.

On the other hand, Haruki got denied by his own feeling toward his dream. He really felt that he just followed his brother dream, without knowing about his own. Ending up with desperation over it and tried to call of his USA scholarship.

Well, I hope Miou can finally crack his head off so he can think clearly in the next episode.
Jul 1, 2019 6:43 PM

Apr 2010
Why are all these shows so damn generic.
Jul 16, 2019 6:22 AM

Jul 2015
Miou has resolved her dilemma, now to resolve her relation with Haruki

Aug 23, 2019 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Ahh, I can't get enough of this. It can be so dramatic at times, but also so heartwarming & sweet. I loved that moment when Aida was helping the boy paint. As her friends said, what you love isn't something you can keep bottled up.
Feb 28, 2020 3:46 AM

Jan 2011
Yo, no need to get that mad over getting paint on the apron. That's what it's there for.
Jul 29, 2022 6:30 AM

Jun 2021
There is a scene after the ending credits it will be good to know in the next episode.
Sep 13, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2020
The episode is being a bit exaggerated, not to say it's being forced. Some lines are being put in the mouths of characters who would not support them, like the child in the art workshop. Despite this, it is interesting to see the characters understand each other better. It wasn't such a good episode. Miou is stuck in a cycle of pain and it irritates her a little.
Oct 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2022
Its a lost if he's sacrifice was in vain, I think the best move here is to move on w/ your life. No need to be deeply stuck in the past, remember it as a lesson & be thankful of it by living in the present

If your stuck in the past, aren't you missing out in the present thus making he's sacrifice in vain?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

54 by makaylagirl »»
Jan 1, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

31 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 14, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

49 by Skelenone »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

44 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

89 by imlaabem »»
Sep 13, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.