Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2017 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
i bet the little creature is some sort of technological robot with the ability to turn anything into energy, shapeshifting capability, and the ability to learn languages and speak.
Dec 16, 2017 5:18 PM

Jan 2014
AhHAAA. They've eluded to cannibalism in this episode. I knew we were getting there...

Nah I'm enjoying the hell outta this show. I can't think of another that has made me feel this strange balance of comfort from a SOL and discomfort of a post- apocalyptic environment. Looking forward to next week's final episode.
Dec 16, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
So now what I'm wondering is, was the war that pretty much made humans extinct fought in the city, or amongst the cities, because as Yuu points out if that robot was used everything would be on fire and up to this point we haven't really seen any fire damage in the city so I wonder if the lazers were fired at the other city that the lady wanted to fly to in the earlier episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 16, 2017 5:37 PM

Feb 2017
ProofByColor said:
That middle act was incredible and terrifying at the same time. It's no wonder humanity was destroyed with weapons like that. I can't believe Yuu was laughing at all that destruction... She deserved that punch for sure.

I'm definitely a little anxious as to what they will find in this submarine. It should be a great finale. Also, I can't not mention their white blob friend. Not only can it eat bullets and oil, but it can somehow power up all this ancient tech. And Chi has realized that it resembles those statues. Definitely something a bit sketchy with that.

am I the only one who was also laughing together with yuu?😂😂
cmon, why so serious, it's not like yuu killed anyone right?

nuko is more like yuu now, Ifeel like there are two yuu!😆 nd it means the journey would definitely twice more fun than before lol
Ithink chichan needs to stop hitting yuu so much. tsukkomi stuff is perfectly fine but in this eps, clearly wasn't tsukkomi at all.
it's so mean. poor yuu, Im so sad. Iwish chichan would never do that again, u have to cherish ur friend more than anything u know😄
Lab_Rat_0978Dec 16, 2017 6:06 PM
Dec 16, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2017
This is by far my favourite episode. Everything about this whole anime has been amazing and I really wish it wasn't ending next week. I hope it ends nicely, but the fact that they just found a nuclear submarine doesn't really convince me otherwise.

It hasn't strayed away from the manga at all, so I'm sure this won't be something to worry about, but I love Chito, Yuuri and Nuko so much. I'm going to be writing my first review soon, and it'll be about this anime. I can't wait, but I'm also sad the anime is going to end.
Dec 16, 2017 6:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Nuko is the cutest fuckin thing in this entire season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
I start feeling a bit anxious about how this episode ended... and I really have a bad feeling of how this anime is gonna end, they've been talking a lot about life and death lately...
Dec 16, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2014
so, in the original content, they destroyed the city?
Dec 16, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
SouthRuizVera said:
I start feeling a bit anxious about how this episode ended... and I really have a bad feeling of how this anime is gonna end, they've been talking a lot about life and death lately...
Don't forget about how teenage girl travel using a panzer wearing military uniform even using a rifle that good with almost no one's around. They can't be just doing cosplay stuff and take a ride circling around factory complex right?
Won't be long though, until they finally learn the truth. And what makes me anxious is where the human? The girls are meet with some but where's the others? No bones, dead-decaying body and stuff.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 16, 2017 10:15 PM
Aug 2017
Fun yet grim and intriguing at the same time
Dec 16, 2017 10:55 PM

Aug 2016
Crashmatt said:
The whole atmosphere of this show is amazing. It leaves you wanting to know more about how the world got to that state, how longs it's been like that and how far up does the city go?

Excellent episode, the robot reminded be of a certain scene from Laputa castle in the sky.

Yes, it reminds me of Laputa too. It was a scary scene, specially with Yuuri laughing like a villain

Dec 16, 2017 11:12 PM

Jun 2017
"Maybe it was actually people like Yuu who created culture". Now that would explain a lot.

Dec 16, 2017 11:23 PM

May 2015
Did Yuuri just feed Cut a bullet?

God damnit Yuuri! No more dank weed for you!

Looks like Cut is pretty special. It's like an all-purpose key for all the technology they see.

Well now we can see how this civilization was destroyed. Someone made a giant robot capable of eradicating an entire city in seconds...

And then we enter a nuclear submarine...with all those nukes. Yuuri better not be pressing any buttons next episode!

Gotta hand it to how they showed these weapons throughout the episode. First bullets, then tank shells, then a missile, then a powerful laser, and finally nukes. To see the weapons that humanity (or whatever race) has made, I guess it is true that we will be the cause of our own destruction....
Dec 17, 2017 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this episode kinda took a dark turn with Yuu in the robot destroying massive expanses of the city, and then reveling in the destruction she caused: that scene with Chi hitting her and telling her that it wasn't funny was easily one of the most powerful and well-executed scenes in the entire show so far. The submarine scene, though it was short, was also very interesting and extremely ominous, what with that massive amount of nuclear missiles that they were walking past: it's a good thing that the submarine hasn't collapsed, as that would truly be a world-ending event.

One episode left, and it's going to be very interesting to see what kind of stories this show is going to end with.
Dec 17, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
ok the thing named cut is so kawai...
Dec 17, 2017 6:32 AM
Jun 2017
Tarotist said:
ibraheem234 said:

"cut" is a good example of bad quality control and or just lazy piss poor subs.

The girls call it a cat,you can clearly hear the girls calling it a neko=cat....
In the manga you can read the girls calling it a cat...in Japanese and English.

The creature calls itself Nuko.
Nuko is the name of the creature.

Nuko repeatably tells the girls it is not a cat/neko,despite that the girls still call it a cat/neko.
Dec 17, 2017 7:29 AM

Jan 2015
Another fantastic episode
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 17, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2015
Nuko's too OP but too cute to be nerfed. Those two found a very reliable companion for real.

Good episode again never forgetting talking about deep shit.
Dec 17, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
A cliffhanger, what? Too ominous for me.

Nordhammer said:
The girls call it a cat,you can clearly hear the girls calling it a neko=cat....
Nuko repeatably tells the girls it is not a cat/neko,despite that the girls still call it a cat/neko.
Pretty sure nuko is net slang for neko, so like a futuristic word.
If in English you had to alter cat it would either be cot or cut to have the same vowel displacement. Hence the translation is solid.
EratiKDec 17, 2017 1:05 PM
Dec 17, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Yuu just wants to watch the world burn.
Somebody get her away from the nukes ASAP!!!
The cut is cute, but also somewhat disturbing.
Only one episode left, which makes me really sad.

Nordhammer said:
Tarotist said:
ibraheem234 said:

If I'm not mistaken, they asked it if it was a cat (neko) and it tried to repeat the word and said "nuko". It didn't know how to speak properly yet when they found it.
Dec 17, 2017 1:56 PM
Jan 2014
It has been a spectacular episode, it has revealed us a lot of information and has sown new doubts, theories and intrigue of what happened with the Human Civilization at the lowest levels. However, it is already possible to draw some general conclusions about what happens... or rather, about what happened to the world of Yuu and Chito.

First, Civilization indeed is dead. That is undoubtedly undeniable, the question now is: why is she dead? obviously not all human beings are dead, but the fact that there are humans does not imply that there is civilization. This is because Civilization is dead.

Second, I am afraid that the problem of Nuclear War is not the answer, if it is true, and there was one and that should undoubtedly decimate the human population, however the fact that there are no corpses and that the civilization is really dead is not proof of a Nuclear War that I finish with everything, the reason is very simple, the cities are operative, the electronic systems that operate the cities of intelligent way, for example the light, the robots, the warlike machinery that works with electricity, fans and dispersers of water that took out the smoke and decreased the fire... from where all this energy that still exists in the city comes from? we saw fully operational wind fields and factories that still generated food... it happens that if this was a nuclear war to scale planetary, none of these electrical systems would have survived, all would have been fried in the nuclear war that would have created a large electromagnetic disturbance in the atmosphere and fry all electrical system returning to humanity to the stone age, and leaving even option that no food system, warlike or technological works anymore, because the electromagnetic waves of a nuclear bomb destroy everything electric in radios much more wide and if they are detonated in the atmosphere the radius increases from 10 to 100 km depending on the height of the detonation... however the electric still lives in the world of Chii-chan and Yuu.

Conclution, Nuclear submarine or Nuclear Weapons is not same that Nuclear War.

We have nuclear submarines right now, no nuclear wars...

What Chito and Yuu found, is not any kind of common submarine, it is a Soviet Submarine of the Cold War, and moreover, of the most powerful and great of History, it is a Nuclear Submarine class Typhon of nuclear strategic deployment, that is to say this thing launched nuclear warheads vertically from the sea, however, all the warheads seem never to have been thrown, as if there had not been time to throw them.

Third, even with a Nuclear War, the cities in different levels still exists, one or more nuclear weapons would have decimated the population but also the surrounding constructions, there are no such holes or points of detonation of nuclear weapons anywhere, the impression is that these cities were abandoned at any moment, very quickly by an alarm of something that never happened, What happened then to human beings... why are cemeteries with their memories only?

My theory is the following, it was something biological. Something biologically killed the population, as therefore it is done with bodies that are contaminated with diseases? you can not bury them, you incinerate them, you make them disappear, but none of this happened at the levels below, this happened above, on the surface where Chito and Yuu are trying to reach, then layers and levels below... What are these?, was the contingency plan of governments to save their population by bringing it under the surface to save them, from there they are equipped with renewable energies, large amounts of water, heating pipes, and fuel as well as food factories, as if it would have to stay a long time underground, because of a biological threat on the surface. But this threat was faster and tithing to Humanity was on the surface so fast that no one could escape, this "neko" is a battery, which turns everything inorganic, weapons, fuel, uranium? all that arsenal that humanity has in great quantity should be done something with it and take advantage of it below, created these "nekos", these organisms that assimilate these things and convert them into energy so that humans can use that energy as efficiently as possible and survive a long wait under the Earth... because my theory is that of a Biological Holocaust, simple, because Chito said, quoting Ishi, "the Earth was once a great living organism... what thing is now?".... and if the Earth itself decided to become our enemy and exterminated us using the best weapon of mother nature, viruses and bacteria to make itself for disappear Human Civilization...

Yuu should be a terrorist? xD no doubt, on the other hand I stay with the Chito's reflexion, people like Yuu and their curiosity and carefree way of being should be those who created the culture of the world, but also those who ended up destroying civilization itself. Yuu laughs because his curiosity and despair are more than assimilated, but Chito, who is more intellectual does not seem at all pleasant that passive aggressiveness with the world.

Chito could notice that from the difference of seeing life, the conflict was born, so he had to hit Yuu, because he laughed at something that she considered serious. Humans are like that, we fight with others because even though we are humans we have very big differences with respect to life, culture and its purpose.

A world where fuel is almost non-existent, where factories are abandoned, weapons everywhere, cities that fall into ruins because were abandont, and where wind parks still work ... a key to a world where from one moment to the next , humanity disappeared on the face of the Earth.

Maybe this "Cut" has some explanation for everything.

That "Cut" can be very cute but at the same time spooky xD

Mod Edit: Removed image embeds
Lolikon_ExtremDec 18, 2017 6:51 PM
Dec 17, 2017 4:00 PM

Feb 2007
Well, damn... Let's hope no one lived in the part of the city Yuu destroyed...

Better keep her away from the nukes.
Dec 17, 2017 4:13 PM
Jul 2015
Shit, that took a sudden dark turn.
Yuu laughing at the burning city was pretty messed up.
I have a feeling we've turned away from the fairly easy going episodes. Especially with only one episode to go.
Also Nuko is pretty adorable
Dec 17, 2017 5:39 PM
Jun 2017
EratiK said:

Pretty sure nuko is net slang for neko, so like a futuristic word.
If in English you had to alter cat it would either be cot or cut to have the same vowel displacement. Hence the translation is solid.

nuko is akin 'neko' which means cats,kind of Japanese word play, the letter ね is changed to ぬ.

Check out the manga over on it's official site.
Dec 17, 2017 5:51 PM

Nov 2016
Cute little creature :3

The contrast between the cute appearance of this show and the themes of this episode couldn't be bigger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2013
Ironwarrer said:
But this threat was faster and tithing to Humanity was on the surface so fast that no one could escape, this "neko" is a battery, which turns everything inorganic, weapons, fuel, uranium? all that arsenal that humanity has in great quantity should be done something with it and take advantage of it below, created these "nekos", these organisms that assimilate these things and convert them into energy so that humans can use that energy as efficiently as possible and survive a long wait under the Earth...
Given that Nuko activated the bot and opened the hatch, I'd wager that it's part of a weapons system. If so, the reason for it eating ammo and fuel becomes clearer: instead of taking special food or expending valuable rations, it merely consumes what you were taking with you anyway. Of course, this has its own drawbacks, but it's probably the least bad choice.
Dec 17, 2017 6:17 PM

May 2017
Best episode so far, and called it, I thought that thing looked familiar, and I was right, the statue from the previous episodes, could be some god or something lol or maybe just some master key AI
Dec 18, 2017 1:15 AM

Feb 2017
Ironwarrer said:
It has been a spectacular episode, it has revealed us a lot of information and has sown new doubts, theories and intrigue of what happened with the Human Civilization at the lowest levels. However, it is already possible to draw some general conclusions about what happens... or rather, about what happened to the world of Yuu and Chito.

First, Civilization indeed is dead. That is undoubtedly undeniable, the question now is: why is she dead? obviously not all human beings are dead, but the fact that there are humans does not imply that there is civilization. This is because Civilization is dead.

Second, I am afraid that the problem of Nuclear War is not the answer, if it is true, and there was one and that should undoubtedly decimate the human population, however the fact that there are no corpses and that the civilization is really dead is not proof of a Nuclear War that I finish with everything, the reason is very simple, the cities are operative, the electronic systems that operate the cities of intelligent way, for example the light, the robots, the warlike machinery that works with electricity, fans and dispersers of water that took out the smoke and decreased the fire... from where all this energy that still exists in the city comes from? we saw fully operational wind fields and factories that still generated food... it happens that if this was a nuclear war to scale planetary, none of these electrical systems would have survived, all would have been fried in the nuclear war that would have created a large electromagnetic disturbance in the atmosphere and fry all electrical system returning to humanity to the stone age, and leaving even option that no food system, warlike or technological works anymore, because the electromagnetic waves of a nuclear bomb destroy everything electric in radios much more wide and if they are detonated in the atmosphere the radius increases from 10 to 100 km depending on the height of the detonation... however the electric still lives in the world of Chii-chan and Yuu.

Conclution, Nuclear submarine or Nuclear Weapons is not same that Nuclear War.

We have nuclear submarines right now, no nuclear wars...

https://i.imgur.com/4LUqIFW.jpg
What Chito and Yuu found, is not any kind of common submarine, it is a Soviet Submarine of the Cold War, and moreover, of the most powerful and great of History, it is a Nuclear Submarine class Typhon of nuclear strategic deployment, that is to say this thing launched nuclear warheads vertically from the sea, however, all the warheads seem never to have been thrown, as if there had not been time to throw them.

https://i.imgur.com/Do363Fd.png
https://i.imgur.com/KOqcoMl.png
Third, even with a Nuclear War, the cities in different levels still exists, one or more nuclear weapons would have decimated the population but also the surrounding constructions, there are no such holes or points of detonation of nuclear weapons anywhere, the impression is that these cities were abandoned at any moment, very quickly by an alarm of something that never happened, What happened then to human beings... why are cemeteries with their memories only?

My theory is the following, it was something biological. Something biologically killed the population, as therefore it is done with bodies that are contaminated with diseases? you can not bury them, you incinerate them, you make them disappear, but none of this happened at the levels below, this happened above, on the surface where Chito and Yuu are trying to reach, then layers and levels below... What are these?, was the contingency plan of governments to save their population by bringing it under the surface to save them, from there they are equipped with renewable energies, large amounts of water, heating pipes, and fuel as well as food factories, as if it would have to stay a long time underground, because of a biological threat on the surface. But this threat was faster and tithing to Humanity was on the surface so fast that no one could escape, this "neko" is a battery, which turns everything inorganic, weapons, fuel, uranium? all that arsenal that humanity has in great quantity should be done something with it and take advantage of it below, created these "nekos", these organisms that assimilate these things and convert them into energy so that humans can use that energy as efficiently as possible and survive a long wait under the Earth... because my theory is that of a Biological Holocaust, simple, because Chito said, quoting Ishi, "the Earth was once a great living organism... what thing is now?".... and if the Earth itself decided to become our enemy and exterminated us using the best weapon of mother nature, viruses and bacteria to make itself for disappear Human Civilization...

Yuu should be a terrorist? xD no doubt, on the other hand I stay with the Chito's reflexion, people like Yuu and their curiosity and carefree way of being should be those who created the culture of the world, but also those who ended up destroying civilization itself. Yuu laughs because his curiosity and despair are more than assimilated, but Chito, who is more intellectual does not seem at all pleasant that passive aggressiveness with the world.

https://i.imgur.com/OR78cKW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3f09LGl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ITmOoZR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X0j0G7M.png
Chito could notice that from the difference of seeing life, the conflict was born, so he had to hit Yuu, because he laughed at something that she considered serious. Humans are like that, we fight with others because even though we are humans we have very big differences with respect to life, culture and its purpose.

https://i.imgur.com/Mn5cEdz.jpg
A world where fuel is almost non-existent, where factories are abandoned, weapons everywhere, cities that fall into ruins because were abandont, and where wind parks still work ... a key to a world where from one moment to the next , humanity disappeared on the face of the Earth.

Maybe this "Cut" has some explanation for everything.

https://i.imgur.com/IGtQNRZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/F1lpUAl.png
That "Cut" can be very cute but at the same time spooky xD

well it might be the epidemic, biological weapons stuff, or somekind of lethal diseases that wiped out the humanity.

however u forgot one important thing.
where the hell are the dead bodies?

yuu and chichan haven't even once stumbled across any dead bodies at all. if people were already dead, where the hell are they? the dead cannot bury nor incinerate themselves u know, it's common sense lol

I don't if it's just me, this shit reminds me a lot of the movie war of the world. well u know, tom cruise's movie back then in 2005. so, aliens must've devoured all of those people or turned em into the dust or something.

Mod Edit: Removed image embeds
NoLiferSoulDec 18, 2017 1:49 AM
Dec 18, 2017 4:31 AM

Jun 2017
Obviously the Nukos are invaders from another world. Humans tried to fight them with their weapons, but the Nukos just ate the bullets. Then the Nukos ate all humans, which is why you see no bodies. They ate also almost all other life forms, and set up statues of themselves in the meantime. When the supply of living food gave up, the Nukos ate each other, until only one was left. It was about to die when the girls showed up. They are feeding it bullets now, but soon it will feel the craving for human flesh again. The girls are doomed - hence "last journey".

Bottom line: Yuu should have eaten the bastard.

Dec 18, 2017 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
Thank god. HanaKana's voice was edited, so it's not that annoying to hear her fucking voice in another fucking anime again.

Yuu named that critter 'Cut/Nuko'. Lmao. And Nuko can eat bullets. What the fuck are you!?!? I just want to know the mystery behind Nuko and that radio, and the whole fucking world where Chi and Yuu are. Lmao. There better be some aliens involvement. Lmfao.

I wonder if there was a battle between machines/aliens and humans. Damn. That makes sense. It's like the Matrix universe. Haha. Seriously, Yuu pissed me off when she thinks it's fun to shoot something with that machine. Glad Chi was there to lighten her the fuck up.

Now, they're on a fucking submarine and was about to explore it. And Nuko can open anyfucking thing. Haha. I swore too much, I'm just blown away with this episode. Haha.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 18, 2017 11:06 AM
Jun 2017
TrashDax said:
If I'm not mistaken, they asked it if it was a cat (neko) and it tried to repeat the word and said "nuko". It didn't know how to speak properly yet when they found it.

To clarify my ramblings-

nuko is slang for ねこ【猫】 neko "cat",would be kitty or kitten in English.

The girls calling it a cat/neko,while as you observed Nuko is young,hence it calls itself a kitty/nuko.

Cut is a bad choice,and makes no sense giving the context.
Dec 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
Nordhammer said:
TrashDax said:

To clarify my ramblings-

nuko is slang for ねこ【猫】 neko "cat",would be kitty or kitten in English.

The girls calling it a cat/neko,while as you observed Nuko is young,hence it calls itself a kitty/nuko.

Cut is a bad choice,and makes no sense giving the context.

Where did you get that Nuko is slang for neko and it translates to kitty?
Kitty is koneko.
The reason they call it nuko is because when it still didn't know how to talk properly and the girls asked if it was a neko, it mispronounced it as nuko, thus, the translation as "cut" is correct (i'd have left it as nuko and add a translator note, but whatever)
Even if nuko, was indeed slang for kitty, it has nothing to do with the reason behind this creature's name
Dec 18, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode! especially on the part where there are so many wind turbines the very detail of it and the part where the OST starts at the place inside the Submarine!
Damn! Nuko can eat different sizes of bullets and even fuel! btw Nuko is voiced by goddess HanaKana!
DAMN! that mass destruction of laser and flames are SAVAGE!
I already know what Nuko is! it is a god disguising as a lock-picker-white-slimy-soft creature! This is surreal!
For sure that Submarine has a lot of Nukes! Looks like we got the cause of the Apocalypse extinction of almost all humans!
5/5.

Tirinchas said:
Obviously the Nukos are invaders from another world. Humans tried to fight them with their weapons, but the Nukos just ate the bullets. Then the Nukos ate all humans, which is why you see no bodies. They ate also almost all other life forms, and set up statues of themselves in the meantime. When the supply of living food gave up, the Nukos ate each other, until only one was left. It was about to die when the girls showed up. They are feeding it bullets now, but soon it will feel the craving for human flesh again. The girls are doomed - hence "last journey".

Bottom line: Yuu should have eaten the bastard.

LOL good wacky prediction! but i liked it!
matias067Dec 18, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 19, 2017 7:46 AM

Feb 2008
What is that creature? A machine? Despite it cute nature, it seems exceedingly eerie.

As for the episode itself, it was definitely an intriguing one. The duo's encounter with that mobile suit was bewildering, especially when Yuuri started laughing as she gazed upon the destruction she caused. Well, a Typhoon-class SSBN and its missiles are a bit more destructive, though. I just hope Yuuri and Chito will not accidentally launch one...
Dec 19, 2017 8:12 AM
Jun 2017
Grim1952 said:

Kitty is koneko.
The reason they call it nuko is because when it still didn't know how to talk properly and the girls asked if it was a neko, it mispronounced it as nuko, thus, the translation as "cut" is correct (i'd have left it as nuko and add a translator note, but whatever)
Even if nuko, was indeed slang for kitty, it has nothing to do with the reason behind this creature's name

nuko is slang for neko-

https://www.jlect.com/entry/1194/nuko/
https://www.japandict.com/%E3%81%AC%E3%81%93

Explain how "cut" makes sense for English speaking audiences,which is whom the subtitles are for,versus using a 'childish'/slang term for cat.

These creature's "names" ...next episode or read chapters 27&28.

Go over to the manga's official site (the manga is released online) and ask the Japanese fans if "cut" is correct...

NordhammerDec 19, 2017 8:15 AM
Dec 19, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2009
Nordhammer said:
Grim1952 said:

Kitty is koneko.

nuko is slang for neko-

https://www.jlect.com/entry/1194/nuko/
https://www.japandict.com/%E3%81%AC%E3%81%93

Explain how "cut" makes sense for English speaking audiences,which is whom the subtitles are for,versus using a 'childish'/slang term for cat.

These creature's "names" ...next episode or read chapters 27&28.

Go over to the manga's official site (the manga is released online) and ask the Japanese fans if "cut" is correct...

First time i see nuko as slang for neko, but ok.
Anyways, as i said, the reason Nuko said nuko in the first place was not because it knew it was slang for neko, but because it heard the word neko and said nuko in response since it barely knew how to speak, therefore, since it said neko with a "u" instead of an "e", translating it into cat but with a "u" instead of an "a" is logical. In context it makes perfect sense even if it's a poor choice since cut is already a word.
Dec 19, 2017 8:32 AM
Jun 2017
Grim1952 said:

Anyways, as i said, the reason Nuko said nuko in the first place was not because it knew it was slang for neko, but because it heard the word neko and said nuko in response since it barely knew how to speak, therefore, since it said neko with a "u" instead of an "e", translating it into cat but with a "u" instead of an "a" is logical. In context it makes perfect sense even if it's a poor choice since cut is already a word.

Again makes no sense in English,and again,the subtitles are for a English speaking audience.

Using a popular slang term for cat makes far more sense-creature is young,and is calling itself a kitty.

Its using a slang term for cat works because not only is the creature learning,it is telling the girls it is young.

young cat=kitty

(Seems folks have underrated Nuko's intelligence)

NordhammerDec 19, 2017 8:35 AM
Dec 19, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2009
Nordhammer said:
Grim1952 said:

Again makes no sense in English,and again,the subtitles are for a English speaking audience.

Using a popular slang term for cat makes far more sense-creature is young,and is calling itself a kitty.

Its using a slang term for cat works because not only is the creature learning,it is telling the girls it is young.

young cat=kitty

(Seems folks also under-rate Nuko's intelligence)

It doesn't make sense to use a slang that Nuko could have no idea it exist. They should have left it a nuko and added a translator note explaining why it says nuko instead of neko. And it does make sense in english because it's a mispronunciation.
Just imagine the scene dubbed, if they said "are you a cat?" and it responded "kitty?" it would make no sense at all because Nuko doesn't know that word, he's just trying to repeat the word it just heard and it repeats it wrong, that's why it would say "cut". It makes even more sense in english since cat and cut sounds almost the same.
Dec 19, 2017 12:23 PM
Jun 2017
Grim1952 said:

It doesn't make sense to use a slang that Nuko could have no idea it exist. They should have left it a nuko and added a translator note explaining why it says nuko instead of neko. And it does make sense in english because it's a mispronunciation.
Just imagine the scene dubbed, if they said "are you a cat?" and it responded "kitty?" it would make no sense at all because Nuko doesn't know that word, he's just trying to repeat the word it just heard and it repeats it wrong, that's why it would say "cut". It makes even more sense in english since cat and cut sounds almost the same.

The translators failed in this case,they chose to give their interpretation of a slang word. And by "failed",they have led many to believe the creature is called a "cut'.
I understand their use of "cut" to make it seem the creature had a hard time saying "cat".But they could have used kitteh or another childish variation of cat/kitten.

Also I agree with you,the translators should have just left it as the creature saying "nuko" and the girls saying "neko'.

Now i'll end my ranting here.

Edit:(Nuko,ineed is young for its race, understands a whole hell of a lot more than what you and the translators are giving it credit for)

NordhammerDec 19, 2017 12:47 PM
Dec 19, 2017 11:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, yes was horrible when the machine launched the rocket and burned half city...well half city not, because this world all is a city with levels, but the image was horrible!!!
Dec 20, 2017 5:48 AM

Dec 2009
Holy shit . . . what if there was someone in that direction, and they just slaughtered them? Fuck.

Also damn, nuclear sub that managed to get grounded. I thought they were several levels up . . . why would it be up there (unless aliens moved it there lol)? It's probably nuclear powered as well as what looks like nuclear missiles, though i could be jumping the gun and they could all just be RTGs that have been powering the thing this whole time....
GenesisAriaDec 20, 2017 6:08 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 20, 2017 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
I'm not sure if that cat thing really liked eating bullets or if Yuuri trained it well. "I want to eat the twenty!" I guess Chito's too busy to worry about where the bullets go after this thing eats them.

"Things I can't eat don't have value, nom, nom." Okay, Yuuri's definitely turned it into a clone of herself.

Chito and Yuuri were smart to head towards the radio towers after "cut" pointed them out...there could be civilization there. "Let's go see something we don't really understand."

I haven't even noticed the fact that they're always wearing helmets recently. I guess it's a good safety precaution...one of these days when/if they do find civilization, they could still be under attack/in a war.

"Let's try pushing another one." Yuuri's overly enthusiastic about pushing random buttons/setting weapons off that are destroying shit! Did North Korea build that thing?

Yuuri laughing as the whole town burnt up...it sounded evil, but she's honestly just too innocent to realize the extinct of the weapon.

"No, it's not the weapon's fault. It's the person who used it." Oh, god. Chito...don't tell Yuuri that. Though she's taking it lightly right now, she's emotionally vulnerable/innocent enough that if one day she does fully recognize the consequences of her actions, she'll completely tear herself up over it/possibly commit suicide (if this were a darker show, I guess).
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 21, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Apple_BS said:
The bgm at the end there really terrified me...
Because it means life, death, creation, total destruction, and the end for me...

glad someone else felt the same way. that piece of music had me frozen in place with terror and horror. it's a beautiful, melodic piece of music at the same time. i really was both in awe and petrified lol

but yes it definitely gave me the feeling of imminent danger (perhaps the nuclear being a red herring and them discovering something - or someone - else inside, but nevertheless) and i CAN'T believe there's only one episode left ;A;

i'll be honest no matter the popularity of this series i just can't see a season 2 happening... believe me, i want answers just as much as you guys but i reckon the author always intended to leave it ambiguous D:
either that or it's a ploy to get us to buy the manga to get our answers heheheh not that she even needed to do that i wanted to buy it anyway

also yyyyyyeeeeah yuu worried me this episode. wtf. she's super fucking dense. makes me wonder, as others have said, if she has a genuine disability of some kind rather than just being "teehee i'm a ditzy blonde~" yaknow?
fishpunDec 21, 2017 5:40 PM
Dec 22, 2017 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
First, a huge robot that can destroy a city and now a nuclear submarine.

I'm curious about the cute cat thing. It can talk and eat bullets.

Dec 22, 2017 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
does anyone know where i can find the song that played at the end? :(

i listened through the ost and it's not there! i'm so sad...
Dec 22, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
fishpun said:
does anyone know where i can find the song that played at the end? :(

i listened through the ost and it's not there! i'm so sad...
Well, I think you need to wait a little bit.

GIRLS' LAST TOUR Special Soundtrack CD
Release Date Feb 23, 2018
Dec 22, 2017 4:59 PM

Jul 2013
Zakrzi said:
Well, I think you need to wait a little bit.

GIRLS' LAST TOUR Special Soundtrack CD
Release Date Feb 23, 2018

huh... maybe it's a cd featuring "remixes" or something, since there WAS a track on the ost that sounded similar-ish... ugh two months away though DX

but thank you for the info! :D
Dec 23, 2017 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
LMAO it ate the bullets! It really ate them! And liked it!

Yuuri firing a missile like it's nothing. And dang, that's a freaking Eva-class laser on that robot! She was enjoying herself not realizing how much destruction she was causing.

Weird "wind" farm.

Nuclear sub. Beware radiation ladies.
Dec 24, 2017 1:57 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, that was pretty fucked up with Yuu laughing.
Dec 24, 2017 3:09 AM

Jul 2009
Nuko eats bullets! And Yuu destroyed a city, but guess its ok, since there was no one there...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Oct 2, 2017

254 by kyuubeesh »»
Apr 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

234 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 29, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

105 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 28, 5:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.