Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 13, 2017 11:56 AM

Hi there! I just finished watching it and have no clue about any reason for the title.

I know that 'blue' is sometimes used as a reference to sadness, melancholy, and things like that, but I'm not a native English speaker (nor Japanese, sorry), so maybe I'm skipping something.

Dec 28, 2017 10:57 PM

propofol said:
Hi there! I just finished watching it and have no clue about any reason for the title.

I know that 'blue' is sometimes used as a reference to sadness, melancholy, and things like that, but I'm not a native English speaker (nor Japanese, sorry), so maybe I'm skipping something.

Only other reference to 'blue' I can think of is that sometimes movies that are kind of raunchy or suggestive are called blue movies. Maybe that's the sort of movie she was filming?? I'm not sure.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 31, 2017 9:23 AM

Dededeopop said:
I believe Perfect Blue refers to the clear, blue sky at the end of the film, as it’s the only shot of a clear sky. The shot represents how the confusion in Mima’s life has ended.

hey, I like this theory. I haven't noticed that thing about the sky.
Modified by propofol, Dec 31, 2017 9:43 AM

Sep 3, 2018 9:10 AM
In psycologhy blue is ..." A color that suggests peace. It’s the color of the calm sea and the clear sky, both of which are linked to inner serenity, calm and clarity." So that's why they chose it.

Oct 2, 2018 2:33 AM
Watch the trailer, I think they said about something like this.

Oct 2, 2018 2:44 AM

The main character trying to find the eventual inner peace.

Jun 1, 7:45 PM

I thought it was "Blue" because she's so sad but "Perfect" because she is in the entertainment industry, and needs to appear perfect in front of an audience.

Aug 9, 12:46 PM

It refers to a perfectly blue sky. This is alluded to more in the book and the references to it didn't translate well so it isn't as obvious to english speaking viewers.
Awoo :3

Oct 21, 11:00 PM
it must be related to the blue pill (false reality) vs red pill (harsh reality) that popularize by The Matrix but this anime movie was release before The Matrix though so might be a psychology concept that the color blue represents mental illness or false reality since they are hallucinating anyway

Blue is the colour if you have mental illness https://www.theguardian.com/education/2008/jun/24/highereducation.improbableresearch