Forum Settings
Forums

I am confused about how to edit a premade layouts images

New
Dec 13, 2017 1:07 AM

Dec 2015
Salutations, i have been trying to figure this out for a while now and its driving me crazy! How do you edit the images in a premade layout for your anime list? I love the layout itself, but the images are from anime i haven't seen and would like to change the images to an anime i like if thats at all possible. Or if anyone knows how to place replace the images with different ones i would be grateful if you could edit my loadout with the animes images i had in mind.

Thank you for your time.
SniperKnighter- Dubbed Enthusiast/Purist

I classify myself as an above moderate anime advocate with more than likey different tastes than yours.

I've scrolled through many MAL favorite lists and the amount of plebeian nonsense i've seen is astounding to me. Honestly bringing anime mainstream i feel ultimately will be its downfall but i'm not dumb enough to think it wasn't beneficial in some ways as well.

MALs "top anime list" i feel is a joke and if you feel different i'm not gonna stop you, just don't shove the "holy" FMA:B down my throat and were good.
Dec 13, 2017 2:54 AM

Oct 2017
This is the first time I'm doing this so just to be clear, you found a CSS code for the premade layout right? You should be able to replace if you find the image links for each picture within the code. Here's an example of what I meant:

You need to upload all the new images in a site such as Imgur. After that, you need to find the correct existing links and replace it with new ones. It can be quite time-consuming if you don't know which link corresponds with which image so if you can't read the code, go to the link yourself and see if it's the one you want to replace. I can definitely help you with replacement if this is too hard. Just let me know with a detailed explanation on how I should edit the layout with the images sent to me. I can send you the updated CSS code after all's done.

Looked through your anime list and it seems like there are 14 images to be replaced (just an assumption), including the background, 7 GIFs and 6 other additional image. Should be pretty easy to edit but if you want me to edit it, can you also send me the page where you found the layout so I can see how the code works in more detail?

EDIT: Nevermind, pretty sure I found the CSS code you're using:
/* A custom made Kimi no Na wa layout basde on Shelter Style V2 by Takana no Hana
** Visit Shishio's club for more premade layouts 
** If you're interested in my layout, visit here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1567864
*/

@import 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jxhzg9keytxsmtt/KiminoNawaCustommade.css';
{}

You can actually get the CSS code responsible for the images and such in that Dropbox link in the same line as @import. I think you can copy the code, edit the new image links in it and then upload the new code to Dropbox. Replace the old Dropbox link in the code above with the new one and everything should work. Sorry, I'm not explaining it in an easy way so if you still don't understand the steps, I can help you. Can also ask for help with the guys on this thread:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1567864
OVERPOWERED99Dec 13, 2017 3:21 AM
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Dec 13, 2017 1:38 PM

Dec 2015
OVERPOWERED99 said:
This is the first time I'm doing this so just to be clear, you found a CSS code for the premade layout right? You should be able to replace if you find the image links for each picture within the code. Here's an example of what I meant:

You need to upload all the new images in a site such as Imgur. After that, you need to find the correct existing links and replace it with new ones. It can be quite time-consuming if you don't know which link corresponds with which image so if you can't read the code, go to the link yourself and see if it's the one you want to replace. I can definitely help you with replacement if this is too hard. Just let me know with a detailed explanation on how I should edit the layout with the images sent to me. I can send you the updated CSS code after all's done.

Looked through your anime list and it seems like there are 14 images to be replaced (just an assumption), including the background, 7 GIFs and 6 other additional image. Should be pretty easy to edit but if you want me to edit it, can you also send me the page where you found the layout so I can see how the code works in more detail?

EDIT: Nevermind, pretty sure I found the CSS code you're using:
/* A custom made Kimi no Na wa layout basde on Shelter Style V2 by Takana no Hana
** Visit Shishio's club for more premade layouts 
** If you're interested in my layout, visit here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1567864
*/

@import 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jxhzg9keytxsmtt/KiminoNawaCustommade.css';
{}

You can actually get the CSS code responsible for the images and such in that Dropbox link in the same line as @import. I think you can copy the code, edit the new image links in it and then upload the new code to Dropbox. Replace the old Dropbox link in the code above with the new one and everything should work. Sorry, I'm not explaining it in an easy way so if you still don't understand the steps, I can help you. Can also ask for help with the guys on this thread:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1567864

I would love to find thoughs gifs and just replace them but when i got through it i can't find any files that say gif on them. If you know about the premade layouts page somewhere in the forums i used the one that had Your Name as the theme. I seriously am lost about it.

I classify myself as an above moderate anime advocate with more than likey different tastes than yours.

I've scrolled through many MAL favorite lists and the amount of plebeian nonsense i've seen is astounding to me. Honestly bringing anime mainstream i feel ultimately will be its downfall but i'm not dumb enough to think it wasn't beneficial in some ways as well.

MALs "top anime list" i feel is a joke and if you feel different i'm not gonna stop you, just don't shove the "holy" FMA:B down my throat and were good.
Dec 13, 2017 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Edit : nevermind, sorry, answer above, save and re-host css file with new images inside^^
You can also paste the code directly into MAL css box after changing the images, should be more straightforward.
NoblueskyDec 13, 2017 2:30 PM
Dec 13, 2017 3:17 PM

Dec 2015
I go to edit the image and replace one that i actually can find, it reverts to the normal layout.

Dec 13, 2017 3:49 PM

Oct 2017
@SniperKnighter Well, I'm not sure if you're editing the code properly. Like Nobluesky said, it's easier if you just pasted in the new code with the edited links directly into the MAL CSS Box.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jxhzg9keytxsmtt/KiminoNawaCustommade.css

That's the original CSS code. Find the image/GIF links you want to replace and edit it with the ones you want to use.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Dec 13, 2017 8:26 PM

Dec 2015
Thank you. That link was all i needed, now I've got everything re-anime-atized!
SoloSeparatistDec 13, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 14, 2017 7:57 AM

Jul 2013
SniperKnighter said:
Youjo Senki looks really nice on this layout, well done ;)
Dec 14, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2015
Nobluesky said:
SniperKnighter said:
Youjo Senki looks really nice on this layout, well done ;)
Thanks man, it took a while to figure out where all the images were exactly and had to edit of of the images picture to match the gif along with change the quote to a Youjo Senki one but I feel like it was worth it.

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by traed »»
6 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.