Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 13, 2017 7:20 PM

Nov 2016
I Actually liked School Days....
I Think it is because it was my First Slice of life/Harem anime and I Watched it when I Was 11.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 7:45 PM
Dec 2016
Death Note is overrated, good but overrated.
Dec 13, 2017 7:47 PM
Dec 2017
Overrated and Underrated opinions are Overused. People should make constructive arguments about such show that they deem Overrated or Underrated about its elements and its cause and effect that makes that show Overrated or Underrated. Not just use those two words because they either hate a popular show or love a lesser known show.

Also Occultic;Nine was a really good and intense addition to the pseudo-science centered genre.
Dec 13, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
@superred

Dec 13, 2017 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
Hand Shakers is good despite the 5.74 rating on MAL.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Dec 13, 2017 9:02 PM
Apr 2016
I thought Gurren Lagann was overrated. The theme song is great, the fight scenes were good but oh my gosh the characters annoyed the heck out of me! The only characters I actually liked was the main character, Nia and the bro. Everyone else could just jump off a cliff.

Death Note ended when L died.

Dec 13, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
Kirarin- said:
Kuroko No Basket is overrated. Slam Dunk > KnB

That's literally a fact for a long ages
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 13, 2017 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
More Western music should influence Anime music, just look at the result of Made In Abyss' OST (composed by an Australian, Kevin Penkin) and Zankyou no Terror's OST just from Yoko Kanno visiting Iceland.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Dec 13, 2017 9:18 PM

Apr 2017
SigmaRhoIota said:
Here's mine: Lolis should be made illegal

Yeah I know, it's 2017 and thus we should be tolerant of other people's madness blah blah blah.

No not this one, I'm sorry. Come fight me lolicons.

i'm with ya dude!

sexual attraction to a child is fucking wrong, being a pedophile is not something to be proud of you sick people.
Dec 13, 2017 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
I am of an opinion that most of your opinions are trash, you mongrels.

And just when I hoped to never make an edgy post again, oh well, you made me.
Dec 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Death Parade tries too hard to be deep.

Your Lie in April had a easy premise to spark emotions in the first place, so shouldn't be considered a masterpiece just because it could pull it off. That's expected.
Dec 13, 2017 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Sen to Chihiro is fucking overrated and so boring that I almost slept watching it. Shit movie, I really doesn't understand why people love this trash, damn it even went to gain a motherfucking Oscar, really?
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

Dec 13, 2017 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Clannad is overrated. No need to explain why.
Dec 13, 2017 11:36 PM
Mar 2015
Gundam IBO is shit and Code Geass is unbearably overrated (Except for the ending, everything about R2 sucks).

Also, the second half of Your Lie in April is a massive drop in quality compared to the first.
Dec 13, 2017 11:46 PM
Jul 2012
Logh sucks (shouldn't be controversial if more people that aren't bandwagoning idiots watched all of that shit)

Mushishi is not good. Largely outclassed by every other episodic/fantasy/slice of life show out there. Very monotonous, should have been one season of 12 episodes. Ginko enters a village full of people looking exactly like the guys from last episode, something is going on, it's Mushi, Ginko solves the problem, ending is bittersweet. Rinse and repeat every single episode, zzz.
Dec 13, 2017 11:49 PM
Jul 2017
Pixel_Vapour said:
Mine is that I find Code Geass to be bad
Your comment and signature conflict each other. I'm confused
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Dec 13, 2017 11:51 PM
Jul 2017
Grimanir said:

Fanservice is fine if handled tactfully and used sparingly.

I see that you are a man of culture! You knows the real stuff
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Dec 13, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2013
Gintama is SUPER overrated.

Toradora is trash.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 13, 2017 11:53 PM

Nov 2016
Lasroha said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
Mine is that I find Code Geass to be bad
Your comment and signature conflict each other. I'm confused

It's another take on the famous Spiderman qoute but I replaced villain with "fan of Code Geass"
Dec 14, 2017 12:01 AM

Nov 2016
joecool24 said:

Lelouch from Geass kinda sucks.

Thank you! I still can't believe he's the most popular character on MAL
Dec 14, 2017 12:09 AM
Mar 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
joecool24 said:

And Code Geass R2 is the highest rated mech series, a spot it is wholly undeserving of.
Dec 14, 2017 12:16 AM

Nov 2016
Crosswastaken said:
Gundam IBO is shit and Code Geass is unbearably overrated (Except for the ending, everything about R2 sucks).

You say Code Geass is overrated yet you gave the first season a 9
Dec 14, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2014
most ecchi anime is bad. only a select few are actually worth watching
Dec 14, 2017 12:19 AM

Nov 2016
Crosswastaken said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

And Code Geass R2 is the highest rated mech series, a spot it is wholly undeserving of.

I personally think Gurren Lagann should be but then I haven't watched much mecha anime and don't really plan to
Dec 14, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
pretty much all harem-genre anime (+ their MCs) is garbage.
Dec 14, 2017 12:23 AM
Mar 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
Crosswastaken said:

You say Code Geass is overrated yet you gave the first season a 9

1. Eh, I put that on years ago and was to lazy to change the score
2. I can still enjoy something and see it's problems. (Hell, I gave Z Gundam, 8th MS team, and Rahxephon 9's, and those have their fair share of problems (And are much more deserving of R2's current spot))
CrosswastakenDec 14, 2017 12:27 AM
Dec 14, 2017 12:24 AM

Mar 2013
Netorare isn't that bad. I don't really get all the hate for it. If you don't like it either just ignore it or don't self insert yourself into the mc. Most of the time it's just fap material so there's no reason to make such a big deal out of it.

As a sidenote: Idols are cute and Idolm@ster (2011) is a great anime.

Dec 14, 2017 12:26 AM
Mar 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
Crosswastaken said:

I personally think Gurren Lagann should be but then I haven't watched much mecha anime and don't really plan to

I'd replace it with any of the good Gundam stories, Rahxephon, or Eva/Gurren Lagann.
Dec 14, 2017 12:27 AM

Apr 2015
Legalized lolicon

yeah like wtf is wrong with people right?
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 14, 2017 12:41 AM

Jan 2017
All old anime sucks because their animation is complete garbage eg:Cowboy bebob,Ghibli films,LoGH,Nana,Etc. I would prefer watching Eromanga all over again than having to watch any of those.
Am i supposed to put some philosofical quote that makes me look smart in here, or what?
Dec 14, 2017 12:53 AM

Jan 2015

• Guilty Crown is actually pretty decent
  • Higurashi anime is trash compared to Vn
  • Shigatsu is awful melodrama
  • Erased is poor version of Steins Gate

Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 14, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
I reckon the legality of lolicon is good as it allows pedophiles to have an outlet which doesn't involve harming anyone.

OT: Kimi no na Wa was definitely a solid film but is highly overrated.
Take care of yourself

Dec 14, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2009
Thinking Rem is best girl does not automatically make Emilia trash, and vice versa. Applies to other waifu wars as well. (I prefer Rem, but I also think Emilia is a wonderful person.) Obviously there will be characters that you dislike, but disliking someone purely because they are the love rival of your favorite it just silly.

It's okay to only watch subs. It's okay to only watch dubs. It's okay to watch them both. It's okay to watch anime the way that makes you happy without trying to force your beliefs on other people.

Speeding up anime is okay. Your anime watching experience is your own and you should enjoy it in the way you like and makes you comfortable.

In fact, there are no rules to watching anime. As long as no one is getting hurt, it's okay to enjoy your anime however you want. It doesn't matter if you speed up your anime, mute it, or watch it reflected in a mirror. Seriously, you do you.
Dec 14, 2017 3:08 AM

Dec 2009
- FLCL is boring
- Shin Sekai Yori is poor storytelling and definitely not intellectually compelling
- Digibro is mostly right
- You can't use meta knowledge from an anime's openings to reliably predict story spoilers (some anime OPs are just character model soup)
- madoka didn't become a god
- yanderes are awful
- Your Name needs to be called out for its comet nonsense, and defending it with "it's just a movie" or "but theres fantasy stuff in the movie too" is intellectually dishonest
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Dec 14, 2017 3:50 AM

Nov 2017
Miyazaki's films are great, but he can't write good endings, and he can't write good
character arcs for the life of him, and his films are less because of it.
All Dubs must die!

"Its 2017 and anime is still legal. What the fuck is congress doing" - Totalbiscuit

Dec 14, 2017 3:51 AM

Jun 2012
Akira is the worst (Anime) movie I've ever seen.
Neon Genesis Evangelion makes no sense if you don't watch the second movie.
I still hate the art style in One Piece but the story fortunately makes me forget about that.
German dubs are love and life.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 14, 2017 6:08 AM

Sep 2015
- I hate Asuka
- People who worship seiyuu excessively should just bury themselves
- I prefer manga
- Skirt no Naka Wa Kedamono Deshita was actually an enjoyable anime, even though it was >this< close to becoming a hentai and has a trap character (which I actually really love tbh)
- Kimi no Na Wa is probably the turning point of Shinkai Makoto's career going downhill as an "excellent" anime director

Haters come at me, I've already ordered my own coffin anyway
ChaldeneDec 14, 2017 6:11 AM
Dec 14, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2015
IntoOpenWaters said:
Thinking Rem is best girl does not automatically make Emilia trash, and vice versa. Applies to other waifu wars as well. (I prefer Rem, but I also think Emilia is a wonderful person.) Obviously there will be characters that you dislike, but disliking someone purely because they are the love rival of your favorite it just silly.

It's okay to only watch subs. It's okay to only watch dubs. It's okay to watch them both. It's okay to watch anime the way that makes you happy without trying to force your beliefs on other people.

Speeding up anime is okay. Your anime watching experience is your own and you should enjoy it in the way you like and makes you comfortable.

In fact, there are no rules to watching anime. As long as no one is getting hurt, it's okay to enjoy your anime however you want. It doesn't matter if you speed up your anime, mute it, or watch it reflected in a mirror. Seriously, you do you.

Mate, that isn't how you play the game XD
Dec 14, 2017 6:26 AM

Apr 2015
Yoru wa Mijikashi Arunkeyo Otome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Dec 14, 2017 6:46 AM
Aug 2011
One Piece is incredibly overreated and bad, the manga is better. Naruto is a better anime than One Piece

NGE is pretentious and terrible. It also has one of the worst anime openings I have ever seen.

Attack on titan is really overrated and just an anime version of the walking dead but not bad.

Inuyashiki is just revenge torture fantasy for people.

Dec 14, 2017 6:51 AM

Jan 2017
Eromanga-sensei said:
Subs are better then dubs, tsunderes are the most annoying archetypes, cg animations sucks

this isn't a controversial opinion tho. most people agree with your opinion actually. people on social media hate on dubs and shit on CGI every single day.

OT: Netflix's interest and investment in anime isn't a bad thing. their "binge watching" model sucks for anime but they funded many shows like Ajin, Knights of Sidonia and LWA and Devilman: Crybaby and they will fund more good shows in the future and that is a good thing.
Dec 14, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2012
Sports anime get more leeway even though it use as much template as harem show.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 14, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2016

Dec 14, 2017 9:16 AM
Nov 2017
BAKAwatcher said:
SigmaRhoIota said:
Here's mine: Lolis should be made illegal

Yeah I know, it's 2017 and thus we should be tolerant of other people's madness blah blah blah.

No not this one, I'm sorry. Come fight me lolicons.

i'm with ya dude!

sexual attraction to a child is fucking wrong, being a pedophile is not something to be proud of you sick people.

Shots fired? No need for all that hostility, lolis are just lil kidzzz mayn.
Dec 14, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2017
I don't like Attack on Titan and I kind of liked Ousama game. Should I be scared?
Dec 14, 2017 9:41 AM
Aug 2017
CovfefeDrink3r said:

Is it sad if I couldn't tell whether your joking or not?
Dec 14, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2017
CovfefeDrink3r said:
BAKAwatcher said:

i'm with ya dude!

guess I didn't make it clear that that it's the adults i'm pissed at.... you know the ones who sexualize kids and get off on that....

i'm not mad at kids kids for being kids.
Dec 14, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
Tarextherex said:

Mushishi is not good. Largely outclassed by every other episodic/fantasy/slice of life show out there. Very monotonous, should have been one season of 12 episodes. Ginko enters a village full of people looking exactly like the guys from last episode, something is going on, it's Mushi, Ginko solves the problem, ending is bittersweet. Rinse and repeat every single episode, zzz.

I could be wrong, but I think that the character designs are simplistic and repetitive in order to emphasize that a good story doesn't need flashy colors and wacky designs in order to be a good story. The focus is on the message that is being delivered, not on the method of delivery. It definitely won't be good to everyone, but some thought went into character design, which is imo kinda unique for anime
Pixel_Vapour said:
joecool24 said:

He's the most popular because he's basically a middle schoolers wet dream. He's got an OP power, ladies love him, he's self confident, he's super smart, rich, and an above average vehicle operator. He's pretty much everything a middle school boy wants to be - and middle school boys has to be at least half of anime viewers lol
To me he just seems douchey, self righteous, and unnecessarily arrogant. Not tremendously appealing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Emilia and kirino are best girls. also it's okay to lewd 2D lolis
Dec 14, 2017 11:39 AM
May 2016
Why is everybody mentioning Lolis being banned?
How about banning cuckolding or making a public claim that traps are not gay?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 9 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

92 by JaniSIr »»
18 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
18 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.