Forum Settings
Forums

Trump's travel ban could increase Muslim tourism to Japan.

New
Dec 12, 2017 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
https://www.forbes.com/sites/pamelaambler/2017/12/10/why-trumps-travel-ban-is-a-loss-for-america-but-gain-for-japan/#6adacb003f0d

source said:
It's not final yet, but the U.S. Supreme Court is allowing President Trump's travel ban to be fully enforced on residents of several mostly Muslim countries-- in what spokesperson Hogan Gidley calls, "countries presenting heightened risks of terrorism." The policy still requires federal court approval on whether the ban is legal.

From the beginning in January when the first ban rolled out with little warning and airports were ill-prepared, to September when the third revision of the ban was issued-- it's been a constant back and forth battle between federal judges, appeals court, and the Justice Department. The newest edition sets varying levels of restrictions on foreign nationals from eight countries: Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, with Venezuela and North Korea being the latest additions.

One door slams shut

Whether the ban is explicitly targeted based upon religion or not, amidst the chaos, fewer Muslims are choosing to visit the States. "Those who were interested to explore the U.S. are definitely having second thoughts and changing their plans," says Fazel Bahardeen, Founder and CEO of CrescentRating, a research consultancy on halal-friendly travel. From a consumer perspective, the Muslim market that Bahardeen and his other company HalalTrip are engaged in is not defined by the acts of a "few lunatics, drug addicts and criminals who perform atrocities and terrorise people, supposedly in the name of Islam." Instead, it is a peaceful community of 1.6 billion who share common values.

The Islamic tourism executive says the message Trump's policy sends is that Muslim students, entrepreneurs, and business people are no longer welcome to the U.S. Any who choose to visit will be subject to close scrutiny. His company had projected Muslim visitors to reach 4.5 million with an expenditure of $13 billion by 2020. HalalTrip is now revising that projection.

A Japan Muslim Travel Index (JMTI) was put out recently analyzing the inbound tourism potential. The research showed that Muslim arrivals to the island nation have been steadily climbing from around 150,000 in 2004 to 700,000 in 2016. Mastercard-Crescent which was behind the study estimates Muslim arrivals to Japan will surpass one million next year, accounting for around 3.5% of overall inbound traffic.

Some of the drivers for attracting the religious community are based on access and services. As a part of economic restructuring, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe relaxed tourist visa regulations for visitors from select Southeast Asia countries-- first for Malaysia and Thailand, followed by Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam-- all of which have a large Muslim population. While countries in Southeast Asia are not on Trump's travel ban list, Japan "is (taking) the opposite approach of USA," says Shinya Yokoyama, co-founder of Halal Media Japan. "We have been helping ASEAN countries for their development in the last 70 years, and are now welcoming Muslim travelers and students." Perhaps now more so than ever before.
I forgot that there are also a lot of Muslims in South East Asia. I guess the travel ban would help benefit Japan's economy by bringing in more Muslim tourists from South East Asia and decrease Muslim tourists worldwide from wanting to vacation in America. The Jerusalem move most likely will make the decrease even greater since Muslims worldwide are pissed off about it.

The ban seems like it would be good business for tourism in South East Asia countries as well.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-asia/asia-targets-tourism-education-boost-from-trump-travel-ban-idUSKBN15F0RD
DrGeroCreationDec 12, 2017 12:50 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 12, 2017 1:02 AM

Apr 2016
Did we get new second, third seasons of our favorite anime shows ? Now when the tourism will be blooming ?

Will there be new life style simmilar to gyaru in nippon now ?

- "Welcoming manga" incoming.
Dec 12, 2017 1:14 AM

Mar 2008
I wonder if that lead to anime with more middle eastern characters
Dec 12, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
traed said:

Did you not even read the OP, its tourism from South East Asia.
Dec 12, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2009
Well, Japanese anime (Sunrise) does romanticize terrorists (with giant robots)...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 12, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
The Japanese economy isn't in a great shape and tourism is usually good for the economy unless it's economic tourism (wink wink @ rude beggars from Eastern Europe) so if this helps them boost the economy then good for them. I also believe South East Asia is more stable than the Middle East
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 12, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
I don't see any harm in this, SE Asia is not even remotely as bad as the Middle East anyway, in fact most of the notable countries are stable.

Dec 12, 2017 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
Nyu said:
traed said:

Did you not even read the OP, its tourism from South East Asia.

If course I did. I meant if people from the middle east wanted to vacation in Japan more if they dont want to go to the US
Dec 12, 2017 2:57 PM

Dec 2014
I just hope Japan doesn't have to deal with the shit happening with Europe and Islamic migrants.

Not being a weeb with that either. I don't want any country to go through whats happening to a lot of Europe.
Dec 12, 2017 3:06 PM

Mar 2015
so, i can easier to stay in japan? i know where to continue my study!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 12, 2017 7:49 PM

Jun 2016
Japan no, don't do it! You managed to be the only country in the world not poisoned by Abrahamism of any form, you're neighbors in South Korea are rapidly Christianizing and the Chinese are fighting Muslim insurgents and Vietnam is rapidly Muslimizing.
Japan, please keep Shinto just like Europe should have kept paganism, protect your culture! BANZAI!!!
Dec 12, 2017 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
FUCKING SAND NIGGERS IN MY HOMELAND REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BETTER NOT BLAST MY SHIT UP
Dec 13, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2011
so it's a win-win situation for everyone.
Dec 13, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
I'd love to see the reaction of an alt right weeb who decides to live in Japan and then randomly comes across a woman in a hijab .
Dec 13, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
I'd love to see the reaction of an alt right weeb who decides to live in Japan and then randomly comes across a woman in a hijab .

They're tourists, every nation has tourism, even North Korea. Why would we be against tourism.
Dec 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Apr 2017
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, hahahah this thread sucks. But on a side note:

since I wanna stay on santa's good list I'm gonna hold off on shitposting until christmas is over, once I get my presents tho I'll go back to being an asshole
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Dec 13, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2016
That's good to know. Maybe I might visit someday as well ;)
Dec 13, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2017
The research showed that Muslim arrivals to the island nation have been steadily climbing from around 150,000 in 2004 to 700,000 in 2016.

Wow, such a big rise between 12 years!
AND ALL BECAUSE OF TRUMP!

As a part of economic restructuring, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe relaxed tourist visa regulations for visitors from select Southeast Asia countries-- first for Malaysia and Thailand, followed by Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam-- all of which have a large Muslim population. While countries in Southeast Asia are not on Trump's travel ban list, Japan "is (taking) the opposite approach of USA," says Shinya Yokoyama, co-founder of Halal Media Japan. "We have been helping ASEAN countries for their development in the last 70 years, and are now welcoming Muslim travelers and students." Perhaps now more so than ever before.

Who wrote this article? Is he a teenager with no knowledge at all? No, not even a teenager would write such an obviously dumb article.
No offense to him, but it's the truth.

Anyway, the ban on SOME muslim countries, which are all irevelant, and underdeveloped, wouldn't have a single drop of tourism in USA.
What big of a more problem is that the countries that are banned more or less doesn't make that much of a problem, as some do (, some that do billions of funding terrorist group/ideologies).
But, who cares about that again?
Dec 13, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
@leezo

. 450,000 in 12 years does seem like a lot.
. The author didn't say that Trump's ban caused the rise from 2004-2016 but that it can increase Muslim tourism to Japan even more since more South East asian Muslims would be more likely to go to Japan than America now.

. It's a woman who wrote the article and I don't think she is a teenager.

. It could cause a drop in tourism because Muslims worldwide might be turned off from wanting to vacation in America.
Dec 13, 2017 8:27 PM
Jul 2017
@DrGeroCreation

-No it doesn't.
-South East Asians go to more Japan regardless of Trump's activity.

-No it wouldn't. The only Muslims who wouldn't want to go there are just those who hear of Trump from their neighbors, and have no money to go to USA. Basically, uneducated poor people, of what majority of MENA is.

Again, what I said still holds true. Whoever wrote this, only did it to link it with Trump, and it's very obvious to anyone with bit of critical thinking.
Dec 13, 2017 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
leezo said:
@DrGeroCreation

-No it doesn't.
-South East Asians go to more Japan regardless of Trump's activity.

-No it wouldn't. The only Muslims who wouldn't want to go there are just those who hear of Trump from their neighbors, and have no money to go to USA. Basically, uneducated poor people, of what majority of MENA is.

Again, what I said still holds true. Whoever wrote this, only did it to link it with Trump, and it's very obvious to anyone with bit of critical thinking.

.Yeah it does.
. South East Asians as a whole but the travel ban could specifically cause South East Asian Muslims to not want to go to America.
.How would they only know about it from their neighbors when they have newspapers, tv news , radio broadcasts that would have reported it. The Gulf region of the Middle East is very wealthy from oil money. Some Gulf countries have even higher currencies than the Euro.

. She is trying to link it with Trump's travel ban not Trump himself.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.