Forum Settings
Forums
View Poll Results: How do you feel about Anime Youtubers?
Have my babies love them.

15 2.44%
Love them normally.

53 8.63%
Like them.

243 39.58%
Indifferent in every sense of the word.

169 27.52%
Dislike them.

41 6.68%
Hate them.

12 1.95%
Their opinions are shit. As are their fans. Keep them off this site and even delete this thread.

81 13.19%
Voters: 614

Dec 10, 2017 3:00 AM

Alright AD, it's time to give the straight answers.
I feel like many Youtubers get a lot of hate on this site. I'm not sure if I'm just catching glimpses of the vocal minority or if the users here do hold a particular distaste for those creators. Hence the poll.

Dec 10, 2017 3:04 AM

There's some that I genuinely like; like Gigguk. But mostly I don't care about them.

Dec 10, 2017 3:05 AM

People hate them? Why? Well its not like i watch that many videos myself so i wouldn't know much.
Right now i'm pretty much only watching theanimeman and sometimes misty noble and aki

To answer the question, i like them. I do enjoy watching vids even if sometimes i disagree with them.

ヒノ…カタマリトナッテ…

シズンデシマエ……

Dec 10, 2017 3:10 AM

I feel anime youtubers are all homosexual.

Dec 10, 2017 3:11 AM

They are anime youtubers, i don't have any opinion on them.

Dec 10, 2017 3:13 AM

Aquamirror said:
I feel anime youtubers are all homosexual.

Is this reply as sort of clever as I think it is or am I reading into it?

Dec 10, 2017 3:23 AM

Overall, their okay. Gigguk is definitely my favourite. probably one of my favourite channels on youtube. apart from him, i sometimes watch theanimeman, kenken and aki.

Dec 10, 2017 3:31 AM

I really like some of them such as gigguk and best guy ever and digibro can be very interesting when he's not shitfaced or with his girlfriend who can't do anything but nod at his opinions.
I do sometimes struggle at not letting them influence my judgement but i definitely think some content creators are worth following.
To the sky, to the stars, and even beyond in the beautiful infinity of space...
(I wanted something poetic and witty as my signature but i think i epically failed)

Dec 10, 2017 3:34 AM
There is no reason to hate them, if they say badmouth about your favorite anime just ignore it
They are helpful in some way

Dec 10, 2017 3:37 AM

I usually avoid them, most anime youtubers tend to talk about waifus, sexual stuffs and all that bullshit and the big deal is that most of those videos aren't entertaining and easy to skip. Misty is pretty much a good example.
There are some good youtubers like gigguk, this guy is so fucking hilarious, he has good ideas and knows how to elaborate his videos.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 10, 2017 3:39 AM
Peacemaker

I really like gigguk and arkada and tekking. The others that i watch are just okay.
Why watch beach episodes when you can watch bleach episodes?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 10, 2017 3:42 AM

It depends on the YouTuber. SuperEyePatchWolf, Explanation Point, the Pedantic Romantic, Digibro and BestGuyEver are all some of my favourites. Others are just kind of take-em-or-leave-em like Mother's Basement and Gigguk

I would say The Anime Man as well, but I don't consider him an anime youtuber. The only videos of his I watch anymore are the one's about Japanese society and politics, weirdly enough

Dec 10, 2017 3:52 AM

I dislike the majority.
There's a couple that got some really points and also seem to be ok as person but I can't think of more than 5 in that category.

Dec 10, 2017 3:53 AM

Depends, but nowadays, they are surprisingly mainstream and talks about seasonal most of the time. Exceptions of course like Explanation Point, SuperEyePatchWolf, but to be honest, I am in a point that everything they say and watched, I have experienced and even more. Then there are my guilty pleasures like Double4Anime and Forneverworld, good cringe. Then there is some that I just brainlessly enjoy like Lost Pause.
Ero Pattishie, how was the night?
Did you like the sister sandwich for dinner?
Or perhaps it was too sweet,
that you want more vanilla in the morning.
I'll put extra cream just for you.
Now it eat well, we still have more desserts.

Dec 10, 2017 3:53 AM

S-quare22 said:
most anime youtubers tend to talk about waifus, sexual stuffs and all that bullshit

It's called Anime and you're part of that fandom too.

Dec 10, 2017 3:56 AM

It's not that we hate them. It's because of this attitude of some people who feel like whatever opinion of certain youtubers are automatically correct or like it's the newest thing this world has seen is what is irksome.

The fact that some people just post links and forget to put a simplified version is an added annoyance. Most of their content can be simplified into 5 sentences or so. Forcing everyone to watch fifteen minutes of monotone talking just to have a short discussion on a subject that you might already know, but for some inexplicable reason certain people assume is the most innovative insight on certain matters isn't nice.

I watch some YouTubers sometimes if it's a video that interests me (usually by Digibro, Gigguk, or The Anime Man), but I honestly never take their opinion seriously. When I do watch them, I usually watch them for comedy and/or to see a different perspective.

Meh... Never heard of them

Can't gag enough to tell their context are always filled with graffiti existentialism crap...

Modified by -HippySnob-, Dec 10, 2017 4:07 AM

--FUN-- things die if they eat dog food ----

Dec 10, 2017 4:01 AM

Anime youtubers? I'm indifferent towards youtubers in general.
So what are these people doing, talk about anime?

Dec 10, 2017 4:05 AM

never really bother watching them besides one or two videos of Digibro to understand what AD was talking about...

maybe i should

Dec 10, 2017 4:14 AM

I watch Akidearest and clydetheweeaboo bc they are actually funny lmao
++they give good recommendations and reviews.

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk

Dec 10, 2017 4:18 AM

Only watch misty ...? Something when i need New recomendations. Don't care otherwise.

Dec 10, 2017 4:24 AM

Other than Gigguk, I don't care about the rest.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Dec 10, 2017 4:29 AM

I like TheAnimeMan, LostPause and Misty and some of Gigguk videos. They are quite fun and I agree with them most of the time.

Dec 10, 2017 4:30 AM

The only one I watch is Gigguk. And of course BlueEyes for dem quality memes

Dec 10, 2017 4:35 AM

They are all pretentious.

They all share a mind (a hive mind).

One will say: "Re:Zero is good!"

*a few weeks later*

Another person: "Re:Zero sucks and here is why!"

The same person who previously praised Re:Zero: "Yeah! Re:Zero sucks! Now let me reiterate them!"

And so the chain continues....

Dec 10, 2017 4:38 AM

I don't follow any anime YouTubers anymore (most that I used to are dead channels), but I do watch videos here and there.

The consensus of anime YouTubers is clear:
Some people here are pretty indifferent and couldn't care less, but they are pretty much just a significant vocal minority. Most others have maybe a handful they like.

Then generally the thread just doesn't really have much discussion.... like right now.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Dec 10, 2017 4:39 AM

I've only watched 1 Digibro, him distinguishing other anime youtubers. Based on that video, I liked his arrogance but considering I never bother myself to watch any anime reviews of his and from those he mentioned, I guess I don't really care about these youtubers.

Dec 10, 2017 4:47 AM

Gigguk actually makes pretty entertaining content. On the other hand Digibro made a 1 hour video on why he thinks Makoto Shinkai is a hack director.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT

Dec 10, 2017 4:48 AM
Chocobo

Indifferent.

I've never really watched any of them. I think I've watched a few episodes (posted here) from that guy that wears those huge glasses but that's about it.

On YouTube, I only subscribe to Tech YouTubers pretty much due to my interest in Tech. Don't really need someone to review anime for me or whatever the anime youtubers do.

Dec 10, 2017 4:50 AM

perfAlien said:
They are helpful in some way

I wonder how they are useful.

Ok they make animes more appealing and accessible for facebookers and other people who aren't regular fans of the medium. They're sort of an entry gate for some people. That being a good thing or not is debatable, but guess there are more pros than cons.

Even if, it feels as if they are part of the main cause of the stereotypes on anime fans (them, coupled with 4chan and other places), when they aren't right up riding the stereotypes for more popularity points.

Brb said:
It's not that we hate them. It's because of this attitude of some people who feel like whatever opinion of certain youtubers are automatically correct or like it's the newest thing this world has seen is what is irksome.

I feel the same. The whole "opinions with higher status" is irksome.

In an other discussion it was raised an other good point, that popular opinionists are popular with people who are outside fandoms and with people who are just very new to animes, but for anyone else, who has been an anime fan for years and knows how to move by themselves in the fandom, the opinionists just sound very boring and full of cliches, or at worst useless and annoying when they try to give directions while you don't need them.

It isn't really the fault of the opinionists (aside some being naturally attention whores, since "no attention"="you are out of business"), some people just don't fit into their intended target audience.
They are the same as animes, you can promote your favorite anime all you want, to get more people into it, but there will always be some who just don't like the setting, no use insisting or it becomes annoying.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Dec 10, 2017 4:53 AM

I've come across a lot of great ones.

The individuals I watch upload-upload are

• AnimeEveryday
  • Gigguk
  • Glass Reflections
  • Super Eyepatch Wolf

Dec 10, 2017 4:56 AM
S-quare22 said:
I usually avoid them, most anime youtubers tend to talk about waifus, sexual stuffs and all that bullshit and the big deal is that most of those videos aren't entertaining and easy to skip. Misty is pretty much a good example.
There are some good youtubers like gigguk, this guy is so fucking hilarious, he has good ideas and knows how to elaborate his videos.
well maybe thats what they looking for in anime, or they have favoritism in that thing
Well there are great anime youtuber like gigguk, so just ignore the others that u gives u bullshit
I only know gigguk actually :v
I dont particullary hate or like them so i cant give good argument

Dec 10, 2017 5:10 AM

I only like Arkada, rest are shit imo.

Dec 10, 2017 5:13 AM

I like Gigguk and I used to like Akidearest and TheAnimeMan.

Dec 10, 2017 5:43 AM

People who hates them probably just jealous or has differrent opinion.

I rarely watch anime youtuber, but I like Gigguk. His videos are funny and he loves BnHA so that's a plus in my book.

Seriously though, why do you hate them? They are definitely better than most people here. Anime youtubers are at least creative and productive. I don't know if any of them commercialize their channel but if they are, it's really admirable if you ask me, regardless their vids content.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"

Dec 10, 2017 6:01 AM
~ PR Cheerio ~

I don't watch them as much as I used to, but I do watch some anime youtubers from time to time (I mostly watch AH Brandon Reviews and probably a bit of Arkada? That's kind of it. Oh yeah, and a bit of Blade Ninja).

Dec 10, 2017 6:01 AM

I enjoy watching them. In fact, I sometimes put them on as background while I'm working at my job. I usually don't listen to reviews, but the other videos they put up. As for which ones, the analytical videos of Mother's Basement, TheAnimeMan's videos, Gigguk's shitposting (his latest one is honestly some of the most hilarious shit I've ever seen on Youtube), Arkada's videos, SuperEyePatch's Why You Should Read/Watch series, etc..

Dec 10, 2017 6:45 AM

I appreciate their hard work, but I don't like them when they take anime, which are supposed to be entertainment, too seriously or critically.

It is sad but I honestly enjoy those low-effort "reaction" "episode review" types of video more than those high-effort critical intellectual analysis on certain anime or the industry.

I like to see people having fun in watching anime and hear their true opinion, not some rationalized scripts waiting for public examination.

Dec 10, 2017 6:52 AM

I watch quite a lot of youtube (probably too much lol) but I don't particularly like anyone who's making anime-related content... I guess Matpat from Game/Film Theory sometimes makes something, but his channel isn't really focused on this theme, so it doesn't count I guess. Sooo, indifferent then? I don't enjoy watching theme, but don't dislike them either.

Dec 10, 2017 6:57 AM
Inactive

I rarely watch anime YouTubers, but I've come across Gigguk, The Anime Man, Mother's Basement and Digibro.

Dec 10, 2017 6:58 AM
Lelouch Wannabe

What's this AD thing? Anime something?
All Dubs must die!

"Its 2017 and anime is still legal. What the fuck is congress doing" - Totalbiscuit

Dec 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Gorganoth said:

Anime Discussion part of the forum, you're here right now :>

Dec 10, 2017 7:02 AM
</overrated>

They're solid content creators. I probably wouldn't be as knowledgeable about the anime I'm watching because I'd have to go look up most that shit myself and even Eyepatch Wolf got me into watching all my favorites from his WYSW series.

Shout out to PedanticRomantic, MathWiz97, CraftsDwarf, and Explanation Point for being underrated as fuck. But I get why Gigguk and Digibro are more controversial/popular.

Dec 10, 2017 7:06 AM

I'd rather not give a straight answer.

Dec 10, 2017 7:09 AM

Anime yotubers are pretty much one of the only channels I watch now aside from a couple of good football (soccer) channels. Mainly watch Glass Reflection, Digibro, Super Eyepatch Wolf, Best Guy Ever and sometimes Mother's Basement. Also been getting in to Aleczandxr recently. Had a really good video comparing the settings of Psycho Pass and Shinsekai Yori. Used to like Gigguk but his style of comedy has gotten a bit stale. Seems like he tries to make all of his jokes into memes.

It's actually been kinda interesting seeing how trends in anime youtube channels have changed over the last couple of years. Seeing a lot less reviews now and instead a lot more analysis videos.

Dec 10, 2017 7:16 AM

They make a lot of reaction videos in which they respond to some people hating something or not acknowledging something's greatness and then proceed to portray that side as complete idiots who are totally wrong or people that just "didn't notice the greatness" without really showing the other side of the argument, which always feels bad since you're only being shown one side of the argument and get a parody of the other. Even starting a video like this and not bringing it up again ruins the whole thing IMO and it's the most common way they make videos.

Dec 10, 2017 7:27 AM
Lelouch Wannabe

Kitsu-nee said:
Gorganoth said:

Anime Discussion part of the forum, you're here right now :>

Ah, thank you very much!

30charachterlimit
All Dubs must die!

"Its 2017 and anime is still legal. What the fuck is congress doing" - Totalbiscuit

Dec 10, 2017 7:29 AM

Never heard of them.....

Just passing by....

Dec 10, 2017 7:30 AM

well man , I don't really care about Anime Youtubers , they can have their own opinion which will not affect my perception about Anime , I don't hate them , some can be ridiculous at times but in general they're similar to an average MAL user , just another Anime fan in my opinion , the only difference is that these can actually have influence on newer fans , you know , if they say Monogatari Series is awesome and a masterpiece and you SHOULD watch it , people might watch it and rate it based on the Youtuber's opinion , not theirs , and , don't get me wrong , I love Monogatari Series , every single second of the damn show , but I think it's wrong to "like" sth just because someone else praise it .

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »