Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2017 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Chise and Ruth really have entertaining moments together in this show. The way this episode sold the comedy was gold.

Happy to see Lindel back. He's an underrated character imo from this show so seeing him return is a pleasant sight. Plus, I think it's interesting to hear his story of the world.

I think Lindel's VA played his role really well especially through his interactions with Elias from his past.
Stark700Dec 9, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 9, 2017 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
Good to see, for a change something from Elias past.
Dec 9, 2017 11:16 AM

Jun 2008
I love that they are fleshing out Elias, but are still keeping a lot of mystery about his past mixed in.

Very wonderful episode.
Dec 9, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

The dragon taking flight was a pleasure to watch.

Ruth getting angry at Chise was funny. xD

In a sense Lindel is Chise's grandfather, cause he refers to Chise as his granddaughter of course. xD

I like how Elias feels the house is cold and empty without Chise even though the latter isn't the talkative type.
It was pretty interesting to hear Lindel's story about the dark ages of the world and how he eventually met Elias. Really liked the part where Rahab gave Elias his name.
Dec 9, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
There were some funny moments in this episode. The dragon flying around was nice. It's good to see Lindel again. Chise was taken to him so she can make her wand. Got to see some of his backstory and of Elias. Elias was actually his apprentice. His mini self is adorable. Liked the part where Rahab gave his name.
Dec 9, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
Get to know some of Elias past,how he met with Rindel and got his name as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2017
I've read the manga for this part (I won't spoil anything else beyond it) and I loved seeing it animated. Seeing Elias and Chise miss each other is important for their character development I feel like, Elias backstory is very important because he is such a mysterious character, and of course seeing Lindel again is always great, he is a pretty underrated character in the series imo. I can't wait for the next episode :')
Dec 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2016
Some friend told me that maybe Elias was a Wendigo or something like that, but gladly we are having some touches of Elias's past, that's nice. Great episode as always
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 9, 2017 11:58 AM
Jul 2016
Chibi Elias? Cue people complaining about chibi moments...

I love Master's design, it's so very unique. You don't see a woman sporting a mado scientist lab coat wearing a monocle that combined with that strand of hair makes it look like she has a tattoo on her face every day.

Dec 9, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
A nice look into the past of Elias that we might never have gotten from Elias himself, unless maybe later in the series if he actually felt like telling Chise lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 9, 2017 12:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, return and new start!!!
Dec 9, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Nice Elias back-story. What is the little seal fairy's name?
Dec 9, 2017 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
This week was good. Next week looks to be REALLY good.
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 9, 2017 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
The selkie girl is simply adorable. I want to hug her very badly.
Liked the first bit of Elias's backstory, but, judging by the preview of the next episode, the interesting stuff will come next week.

redtailrav said:
What is the little seal fairy's name?
According to MAL, her name is Merituuli.
Dec 9, 2017 1:18 PM
Sep 2017
I love it! 10/10 animation, and the story is just gorgeous!!
Introvert
Dec 9, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Chise off on her own without Elias.
The cloaking magic was cool. Woah Dragons grow up fast.

Interesting flashback on Elias.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 9, 2017 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
Liked the first bit of Elias's backstory, but, judging by the preview of the next episode, the interesting stuff will come next week.

redtailrav said:
What is the little seal fairy's name?

Thanks for the info. I thought Merituuli said her name in the prior episode, but I must have missed it, or maybe imagined it.
Dec 9, 2017 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
It's good to see Chise off on her own and not depending on Elias (although she does have Ruth, but he's her familiar, so whatever).

The dragon from before still acts the same way as before too, except it is way bigger now. Good to know how fast their bodies grow.

It's funny how Elias had no idea how large humans were, so he shrunk way too much. He has clearly learned a few lessons since then.
Dec 9, 2017 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
Finally we're diving into Elias' backstory to learn more about who he is. There's still a mysterious vibe to him after this episode, but next episode looks like it's going to reveal even more interesting stuff.

It was nice to see Lindel again, and damn that dragon has certainly gotten way bigger compared to when he was last seen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 9, 2017 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
Rahab was pretty cool. Also interesting how the red string motif was reprised from bible Rahab. You also have two people visiting her home.

Chibi Elias a cute.
Dec 9, 2017 2:54 PM

Feb 2008
The music in this manga reminds me of a Miyazaki film.
Dec 9, 2017 5:17 PM
Apr 2016
nice nice~ really following manga <3 with additional nice scenes too~
next 1-2 episodes will be best~
Dec 9, 2017 5:44 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was another part I've been waiting to see animated and Wit did a really good job imo. We have Chise who gets called by Lindel to go back to his place and finally make her wand and at the end of the day she has Lindel tell her a story.

It good we get some backstory of Lindel and a bit of Elias about how they meet. Lol'd a bit of how when they meet Rahab, Elias is asked to turn small and he overdid it and when Lindel says he refuses to take apprentices but then changes his mind.

Overall great episode and I'm very excited for the next one.
Dec 9, 2017 6:00 PM
Feb 2015
HereticHunter said:
Some friend told me that maybe Elias was a Wendigo or something like that, but gladly we are having some touches of Elias's past, that's nice. Great episode as always

I think so too. His appearence is a lot like what Wendigoes are normally drawn as and
Dec 9, 2017 6:23 PM

Jun 2017
What Rahab said really makes you think.

It seems that Elias is a failed attempt of a fairy trying to become human rather than a failed attempt of a human trying to become a fairy.

That's why he got "living" flesh and he can be perceived even by normal humans if he doesn't cover up, it's something xD.

I wonder how much of his memories he regained during those few hundred years.
Dec 9, 2017 8:04 PM

Dec 2013
It was cool seeing a bit of Elias’s past.

Tiny Elias is adorable.
Dec 9, 2017 8:35 PM

Oct 2017
redtailrav said:
Illyricus said:

Thanks for the info. I thought Merituuli said her name in the prior episode, but I must have missed it, or maybe imagined it.

It's cool name, though a bit literal. It means "Sea-Wind" from Finnish meri ('sea') and tuuli ('wind').

Kinda odd to have a Finnish-based name, since selkies aren't from Finnish folklore, but it's cool nevertheless.
Dec 9, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2015
Dragons grow fast. How long has it been since Chise visited the Land of the Dragons?

Well now we see the relationship between Lindel and Elias. I guess the next episode will show how Lindel apprentices Elias...and it looks like it wasn't easy for Lindel...
Dec 9, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
the water camouflage animation are so good.

dragon grow fast. Lindel said it's been a long time, how long it's been since they met?

so we get to see the Elias past. Elias more like a fairy or God that trying to be a human rather than the other way around. A tiny Elias are actually adorable.
Dec 9, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2014
Well the secrecy is starting to be uncovered little by little. I just wish it would happen quicker.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 9, 2017 9:21 PM

Aug 2015
The way Lindel describes Rahab as being one hundred years in the future or past, I kinda imagine Rahab to be like Merlin from the Sword in the Stone, coming back to the past and complaining about it being backwards and going on vacation to the 21st century.

MomoSinX said:
What Rahab said really makes you think.

It seems that Elias is a failed attempt of a fairy trying to become human rather than a failed attempt of a human trying to become a fairy.

That's why he got "living" flesh and he can be perceived even by normal humans if he doesn't cover up, it's something xD.

I wonder how much of his memories he regained during those few hundred years.

That's a really interesting thought.
Dec 9, 2017 9:35 PM
Dec 2012
I really like Rahab's design, this episode adapted the last chapter I've read. I hope we see more of her.
Dec 10, 2017 12:00 AM
Nov 2016
So we got the story of how Elias met Lindel and Rahab.
Rahab seems to be a mage who exists separate from time and place, judging by how Lindel was talking about her.

Ruth and Chise bickering always makes me laugh.
Dec 10, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting start to Elias' backstory this week, and I definitely support this notion that he was originally a wendigo, as that is most definitely what he looked like when Lindel first met him. I'm definitely intrigued to see where this progresses next week.
Dec 10, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2017
Tiny Elias YES!

Short haired Lindel YES!

Good episode. I want to know more about Elias and his past.
Dec 10, 2017 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
Despite the lack of romanticism that makes the narration more poignant, the excursion on Elias is very interesting and gives to his character, that background that makes his figure more charismatic. Very catchy and apt to the context the soundtrack, interesting naturalistic references that never fail, like the magic ones, it seems obvious to say but in certain series of souls, we talk about an argument without ever mentioning the fundamental elements, that's the reason why I say. I'm glad that in the episode, the narrative has spoken again of Lindel and the relationship that really binds him to Elias, I hope that you will continue in the future of the character of Rahab.
Dec 10, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
Finally getting some background on Elias :)
But WHAT happened before that.... they are always adding something behind ever story

Chase and Ruth are a good pair! Great episode !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
A dark skinned female anime character with dark HAIR

There's one thing that's been sort of bugging me:
What purpose does Chise being Japanese serve?

Also, how did Rahab had a coat, even though at the time, she was living during the ancient age, before coats were invented?

Dec 10, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
worse episode from now
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2014
This episode gave us a very interesting insight into Elias' past and his first encounter with Lindel. Although there's still a lot of mystery to him still, I was fascinated by the whole interactions with the two, as well as Rahab, who looked very beautiful. =)

Also, chibi Elias was surprisingly cute too! =3

With the way that the episode showcased his past and what's upcoming looking at the preview for next week, we might learn more about his past with Lindel, as well as interacting more with Chise.

In other words, I loved this episode a lot and I can't wait to see more next week! ^_^
Dec 10, 2017 10:50 AM

Jun 2017

Also, how did Rahab had a coat, even though at the time, she was living during the ancient age, before coats were invented?

It's implied she is some kind of time traveller mage.
Dec 10, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2017
Another slow-paced episode.

Also a bit of backstory on Elias and Lindel.

I got high hopes for this anime.
Dec 10, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
a chibi Elias, nice! This is getting more and more interesting, both of them try to find a place for themselves.
I have to say, I still dont like the slapstick comedy bits. They dont add anything but break the flow of the well animated athmosphere.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 10, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2015
Mini Elias was so cute. I looks like next episode gonna have some action.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 10, 2017 2:30 PM

Aug 2012

Rahab looks beautiful & classy. And give me more of Elias' backstory!
Dec 10, 2017 5:31 PM

Jun 2017
God I love the music in this show!

I love chibi Elias, lol.

Honestly nothing could progress in an entire episode and I would still love just being put in this magical and mysterious world for another 30 minutes.
Dec 11, 2017 4:12 AM

Jun 2016
That little dragon sure grew up so fast. So adorable. :3 Not enough dragons this episode, though. :/

Elias and Chise are both sad being far away from each other. Ahbguiaguauhgas my fucking heart. Nice to see Lindel again and his handsome face, though I prefer Ruth over him anytime. Pfffft. Haha.

We get to know more about Elias. He sure looked so terrifying with that body of his when Lindel found him. Then Elias turned himself into a chibi (haha so adorable) just so he can fit in that Lindel's Master's house who apparently was the one who gave him the name Elias. Awww. So, Lindel was the one who found him and I think he made him his apprentice.

"You're going to ruin her if you continue to do nothing more than let her live with you." What does that supposed to mean? :/

5/5, as always. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 11, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2012
Beatiful as always, again want to say that really like how magic is animated. Elias's backstory, they really emphasized the moment Rahab patting Elias on the head. And the comedy as always is very well done.
Dec 11, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2012
Is Lindel the same guy we saw in the early episodes (I think ep3 or 4) ?! Why his voice sound different ?!
Dec 11, 2017 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
Beautiful and emotional. Will Chise change her thinking about Elias?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.