Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Food Wars is suffering from the Escalation problem, and the SAO problem, yet it's still this highly rated?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 12, 2017 10:03 PM

Sep 2015
zero-r said:
I stopped reading halfway through this long-ass wall-of-text rant. Even the title of the topic is longer than it needs to be (it looks like you just wrote a whole paragraph in it).

Excuse me if I couldn't make interesting enough for you, I should have condensed it so all you little whiny babies can read it and I should have added emojis too! 👄💓💖🔫🔪🔕
It's ironic because I stated I wrote this post because it insulted all of our intelligence, but I am starting to wonder how many here actually have any...
It was fully intentional to make the title long, as to convey to the people looking at this post that I am fully willing to hold a hearty conversation, and a long one at that, about the issues I specified. Just wanted to clarify.
Dec 12, 2017 10:13 PM

May 2015
Different opinions = whiny babies? Lol.

Dec 12, 2017 10:15 PM
Apr 2015
I do feel that this season isn't anything special or good as compared to season 1. I prefer the manga more, and only felt obliged to watch season 3 as a refreshment while I am still kept up to date with the manga.

Casually watching it and fast-forwarding on certain episodes now, and I can still feel that this season is sucky.

Totally agree with your points.
Dec 12, 2017 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
lol wtf why even compare this to sword art online in the first place

I actually quite like this season possibly more than season 2. This show thrives on being super dramatic, and adding an actual villain in it actually ups the ante. There's also some much needed character development for the nakiri sisters. Maybe the animation quality has decreased, but this show is probably one of the most consistent at keeping me entertained.

Dec 13, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:

Why don't you share you're opinion and not just comment on everyone elses?
Dec 13, 2017 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
Isn't it like that since the 2nd season actually?
The 2nd season was already like
-> Cooking "Fight"
-> Someone has a high score
-> Explains how (s)he rekt them
-> Then it's the next students' turn

The 2nd season wasn't good but the 3rd one is even worse. When I knew this season would have 24 eps I thought that it would have been.. well better executed than that. I'm reading the manga atm, I'm a little bit further than
the anime but the anime is catching up really quickly. It feels like they're adapting 3/4 of a volume, if not an entire volume in 1 episode.

Not to mention the lazy animation.
At first I didn't notice that, but then I saw this comment

The entire episodes are filled with panning scenes as if they wanted to "copy/paste" what was in the manga and "animate" it.

It's really annoying to see how this anime is being adapted since the 1st season was good, the manga (I'm not all caught up) is okay, but the 2nd and 3rd season are rushed like hell.

Everytime this anime has a new season, it keeps getting worse.

Let's not talk about the comedy lol
Dec 13, 2017 7:49 AM
May 2017

Dinoe said:
Food Wars on the other hand has one of the best sets of female characters I've seen so far, a new take on the 'shounen' genre, food animation that makes me darn hungry, a good animation and overall a good and solid storyline.

So you think it is bad hmm? Well, just stop watching it....

This is not a “new” take on the shounen genre. There have been lots of other food-centric-shounen mangas/series before this one, so this is nothing new (the difference? this one became popular). The overall storyline is average, not to mention it gets stale after a while, so it is its characters and their development. Also, If this is the best set of female characters you have seen, then I really don’t know what to say…. I know everything is subjective, but c’mon.

Not quite. We have what? 8 animes about food? Maybe 3 of them are "good", so yes, SnS is a new take on shounen and food manga/anime, because we have like 20/30 animes about future-mecha-RPG-fantasy comedy shit every year. And, what makes SnS better than others - behind SnS food stands professional cook, all dishes u can make yourself.
Dec 13, 2017 9:40 AM

May 2015
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Why don't you share you're opinion and not just comment on everyone elses?

I don't really need to. I already said I think you're overreacting and I don't feel like getting into an argument when neither of us is going to change our stance anyway.

Dec 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Sep 2015
MyEnglishIsGood said:
Can't believe I just read this entire thread, this dude is salty af.
When someone makes a valid point, he completely ignores it 'cause he's trapped inside his own ego. 😂😂😂
If you don't like the show, just don't watch it, bitching ain't gonna change anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, I thought I made it painfully clear that I was salty, rather, I am beyond salty I AM OFFENDED. You claim that I don't like this show, and that's why I am bitching? You obviously skimmed over the five or six times I stated in this forum that I rated the first and second season a 9 out of 10; which isn't even true, because I actually rated both a 10 when I watched them! If it weren't for my rating system changing in the span of 2 years they would still be among my highest rated anime, so don't talk to me like I'm just some random hater. It's a similar feeling to having a close friend talk shit about you behind your back, because in both cases the friend and the show is insulting you. By the way, I may come off as sarcastic and narcissistic cunt, but at the very least, I AM FULLY WILLING TO EXPLAIN MY THOUGHT PROCESS, unlike a good percent of the people in this forum. If you could prove everything I said to be wrong, I would leave a satisfied fan of this series like I once was, yet two pages worth of forum later, and no one has left me a satisfying answer. Unlike most, I am very critical of my favorite anime and manga, they need to pass every test to be worthy of my praise and affection, if they do not, I won't hesitate to rip it to shreds. So, go on. Prove it to me, or get someone that can.
Dec 13, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Overall I can't say I agree with you in the series becoming terrible, the hype of the cooking/foodgasms and the satisfaction of the characters succeeding in the challenges never fails to make me smile, I also enjoy the comedy as always.

I somewhat agree that the series went downhill as the story progressed (S1 is one of my favorites in general), but I personally still love Shokugeki to this point, manga included.

One thing I 100% agree with is the "animation" of this 3rd Season, pretty much all of it is still images sliding from one direction to another to fake movement, I'm not someone who pays much attention to this stuff but it ends up being very distracting.
Dec 13, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2014
I decided to try and answer your posts with my thoughts since you asked. Everything I've written is based off of just the anime and nothing else (haven't read the manga). Just my opinion, so take it as you will.

=

So that's my opinion on your opinion on the show. If you want to reply, I'd appreciate it if you actually responded to points made instead of just repeating the same thing over and over again and ignoring any criticism of your argument. I'll gladly revise what I've written here if I'm shown that I was incorrect or mistaken on something.
Dec 13, 2017 6:57 PM

Aug 2014
Draconix814 said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:
Can't believe I just read this entire thread, this dude is salty af.
When someone makes a valid point, he completely ignores it 'cause he's trapped inside his own ego. 😂😂😂
If you don't like the show, just don't watch it, bitching ain't gonna change anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, I thought I made it painfully clear that I was salty, rather, I am beyond salty I AM OFFENDED. You claim that I don't like this show, and that's why I am bitching? You obviously skimmed over the five or six times I stated in this forum that I rated the first and second season a 9 out of 10; which isn't even true, because I actually rated both a 10 when I watched them! If it weren't for my rating system changing in the span of 2 years they would still be among my highest rated anime, so don't talk to me like I'm just some random hater. It's a similar feeling to having a close friend talk shit about you behind your back, because in both cases the friend and the show is insulting you. By the way, I may come off as sarcastic and narcissistic cunt, but at the very least, I AM FULLY WILLING TO EXPLAIN MY THOUGHT PROCESS, unlike a good percent of the people in this forum. If you could prove everything I said to be wrong, I would leave a satisfied fan of this series like I once was, yet two pages worth of forum later, and no one has left me a satisfying answer. Unlike most, I am very critical of my favorite anime and manga, they need to pass every test to be worthy of my praise and affection, if they do not, I won't hesitate to rip it to shreds. So, go on. Prove it to me, or get someone that can.

People have given good responses explaining shit but you're too far up your own ass to acknowledge any of it, you're never going to find a satisfying answer 'cause you've already made up your mind about this season, nothing's going to change that. People have different opinions, just because someone disagrees with you and doesn't want to engage in some pointless debate, doesn't mean they're whiny babies, if anything you're the whiny baby acting like some pseudo-intellectual crying over a piece of fiction for not being exactly how you want it to be. And personally for me, I ain't feeling this season all that much, it's probably a 6 at best, but it still has its moments and I can enjoy it for what it is.
So once again: if you don't like the show (anymore), just don't watch it, bitching ain't gonna change anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Dec 14, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
Lel I read the manga and I'm lovin it.
But for the anime... since the first season I find it really bad, as always with JC Staff adaptations. (Same this season with Kujira).
For me all of them are a big disapointment...
Dec 14, 2017 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
MyEnglishIsGood said:
Draconix814 said:

People have given good responses explaining shit but you're too far up your own ass to acknowledge any of it, you're never going to find a satisfying answer 'cause you've already made up your mind about this season, nothing's going to change that. People have different opinions, just because someone disagrees with you and doesn't want to engage in some pointless debate, doesn't mean they're whiny babies, if anything you're the whiny baby acting like some pseudo-intellectual crying over a piece of fiction for not being exactly how you want it to be. And personally for me, I ain't feeling this season all that much, it's probably a 6 at best, but it still has its moments and I can enjoy it for what it is.
So once again: if you don't like the show (anymore), just don't watch it, bitching ain't gonna change anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait. So you said that there were already people that proved me wrong, then you said that you weren't "feeling" this season (kind of like how I'm not feeling it), then directly after that, you say you can enjoy it for what it is. Did it ever occur to you that I am just pointing out why exactly this season is off in the first place? So basically, what you are saying, is that as a fan of this series, I cannot criticize what this show does wrong? Because that is essentially what you said. In the meantime, it seems you don't realize what I meant about whiny babies, and I was referring to the ones who skimmed through or disregarded, everything on this forum, then complained about the fact that I was making it in the first place. I'll admit, however, that I did a grave mistake using the term saying, "all you whiny little babies", as that can and has been interpreted as "everybody". I should have known better, and all I can do is learn from that mistake, just like if a piece of fiction made a mistake, I have the right to criticize it. Might I also point out that no one proved me wrong on my two essays of a post, and if you think someone already did, retract your statement about you not "feeling" this season, then point to that person; that goes for anyone else reading this post.

I happen to think its a fact that the animation is anywhere from subpar to horrible, and from a logical standpoint, the plot is riddled with holes that can only be filled in if the author recognizes them and bends over backward just to justify them. Maybe that's why this season isn't exactly resonating with you, and others in general, and I believe that deserves to be debated.
Dec 14, 2017 6:29 PM

Jul 2015
I have to agree. The story took a nosedive compared to First Season.

The First season had a very good blend. It was more funny to watch students trying to get pass grade in a hell's kitchen style mixed with one and other challenges and a championship at the end. The teachers were interesting characters and the student relationships were better developed. Megumi, Aldini and etc were fun to watch.

The Second Season resumes the first championship, so it didn't felt out of place.

The Third Season with the evil director is a very weak excuse to create a new challenge. I would prefer a new championchip and Soma getting school challenges from the teachers. Come on, Soma is still a first year student. I found the chinese cusine challenge in the first episodes interesting though.

A plot including an evil director that will close all restaurants in Japan is just cringeworthy.

I'm not too picky in animation quality. That's the least of the problems.

AdrianRubinskyDec 14, 2017 6:44 PM
Dec 14, 2017 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
Draconix814 said:
DISCLAIMER: Anything positive I seem to say is actually sarcasm. You've been warned.
AND WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS "CENTRAL" BULLSHIT?!?!!? What is it supposed to be the CIA???? This is retarded even without considering the fact that it would be impossible to implement this new system in the time Azami did AND shut down every single club and DORMITORY by fucking force.
To add insult to injury, these orders can be disregarded if the students win a Shokugeki, which doesn't make sense. If these were orders from the school, then no matter how much the students bitch about it, they shouldn't be able to rebel. Why didn't Azami just ban all Shokugekis??? MAYBE BECAUSE THERE WOULDN'T BE A SHOW TO WATCH!!! This is bad. Really fucking bad.
ikr, so if you watched the latest episode, souma gets asked to be the right hand man for eishi, THE FUCKING FIRST SEAT. like any main character, he says no. so what? JUST PRACTICE YOUR COOKING AT YOUR OWN TIME. its not like eishis always going to need you. your plan of being number "1" at the school got fucking dropped by that little thing. if you were his right hand man, youre basically 2nd after the 1st seat. i really dont understand why eishi said "well i see that you have your own style so im not going to get the help i thought i needed in the first place." yeah so? respect that shit and just bring it up. its also not likely souma would have a covert op to take central down. the whole monologue about his family diner closing shouldnt bother him also. YOUR DAD IS LITERALLY A "WORLD RENOWNED" CHEF. IF YOU REALLY CARED FOR THE DINER YOU WOULD KNOW THE DINER WOULDNT REALLY MATTER TO HIM, AS HE COULD HAVE A FUCKING MENU UPGRADE. anyways, if central was really a problem to 90% of the students at his school, they could just drop out. thats it. problem solved.
Dec 14, 2017 8:27 PM

Sep 2015
@ElCommunisto I actually have to applaud you both for writing an even larger response that I have in my entire life and for actually making sense a good portion of it. I don't think you are right about everything, as I do stand by a good chunk of the arguments I made in the beginning, but I can certainly see you put a lot of thought and effort into this response, and I greatly appreciate it. Furthermore, unlike most people, I can clearly see where your thought process is coming from, not from what I infer based on what you said, but because you actually understand your thought process and explained it to me, which is also something I greatly appreciate. Well, now I shall address your criticisms; if I skip something, you may assume I generally agree with you, or you can assume that I don't think it would be necessary to cover, or both.

Well, I hope you're happy I wasted 5 hours of my life on this when I could have used this time to do something more productive. Did I ignore your criticism, or was this acceptable as a highly sophisticated debate? Either way, I am tired now, so if you want to reply, please condense it.
Draconix814Dec 14, 2017 8:30 PM
Dec 14, 2017 10:00 PM
Sep 2016
Oh god, not this shit again. Quite frankly, I can't agree with anything you say, As a manga reader, I find it quite over exaggerated.

One, similar rants and criticisms have been evident ever since the Central Arc started in the manga. And you, the one who made the thread, is just an over exaggeration of those rants/crticisms. Anime only watchers essentially have a decision to follow where this arc is going or not. Dislike where its going? that's fine, but you'll probably be disappointed even more if you keep following since the final showdown of this arc is underway and at its climax in the manga.

Two, JC staff is handling 4 shows for the remainder of the year, including Shokugeki. 3 out of 4 shows are nearly finished, with Shokugeki being in the middle (since its unsure whether it is a split cour or just one cour) And the animators are making a fastbreak in between shows, leading to a good number of them burning out, resulting in a rather unfinished, slow style of animation for some parts of each of those 4.

Three, I'll tag this as spoilers;

Since you didn't read the manga, its understandable to have a 'wtf is this' kind of answer to the current arc. Your reply to ElCommunisto about Erina is wrong, or rather, off.
to quote what you said from the start of this thread;

"The whole point of Soma's and Erina's relationship was that Soma was supposed to reach Erina with his cooking, BUT HE ALREADY HAS since the first episode"

His goal from the very start is to make Erina say "It's delicious" and that still hasn't changed since the first few chapters/1st episode. But thanks to Azami's brainwashing/training, she's been in between Saiba and her own father's ideology on how the cooking world is supposed to be, making it harder for him to reach that goal, luckily a certain chapter in the manga gave the answer for which path/ideology she should follow, making her stand up to her father in the process.

To quote your recent gripe:

"What also doesn't make sense is that she's the main female character; there have been many people that tried to deny what I said about Erina's relationship with Soma, but to put it bluntly, it would have never worked out unless they added in a deep character flaw that bumped her down a peg so she can stand on Soma's level... and now she is about as useful as Megumi was in the first season. The ironic part is, that it isn't even true, all they had to do to make Soma's and Erina's relationship work, was to introduce Soma's father to Erina and it would put Soma in a new light to her. Then she could have gotten all the necessary development without all the Azami bullshit, and it wouldn't ruin the integrity of either character, as characters."

So say goodbye to the notions of Megumi being the main heroine due to how much character development Erina's getting, and unless Tsukuda Yuuto, the author, makes a total 180 in later chapters.

I'm just giving my opinion on the events behind the current arc of Shokugeki, which I find quite interesting. You can take it however you want, but this arc in itself, it has its ups and downs, and a lot don't like where it's going, and its you're choice whether you want to follow the current arc or not, but there are also a lot of people who continue to enjoy watching it, especially the audience here in Japan, which have mixed opinions on the arc itself as well as JC staff's 3rd installment of the series. The choice is yours if you want to continue with the current story arc or not. Criticism is welcome, but I'd suggest keep any oversimplifying thoughts to yourself since this is just fiction that has both unrealistic and realistic parts.
IzayoiArashiDec 15, 2017 2:41 AM
Dec 15, 2017 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Who the hell cares?

Dec 16, 2017 3:09 PM

Sep 2015
They had to split the two cours to accommodate their bad production schedule, guys, it's basically undeniable that J.C. Staff and the director behind it cannot animate it properly.
Dec 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
Draconix814 said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:

Wait. So you said that there were already people that proved me wrong, then you said that you weren't "feeling" this season (kind of like how I'm not feeling it), then directly after that, you say you can enjoy it for what it is. Did it ever occur to you that I am just pointing out why exactly this season is off in the first place? So basically, what you are saying, is that as a fan of this series, I cannot criticize what this show does wrong? Because that is essentially what you said. In the meantime, it seems you don't realize what I meant about whiny babies, and I was referring to the ones who skimmed through or disregarded, everything on this forum, then complained about the fact that I was making it in the first place. I'll admit, however, that I did a grave mistake using the term saying, "all you whiny little babies", as that can and has been interpreted as "everybody". I should have known better, and all I can do is learn from that mistake, just like if a piece of fiction made a mistake, I have the right to criticize it. Might I also point out that no one proved me wrong on my two essays of a post, and if you think someone already did, retract your statement about you not "feeling" this season, then point to that person; that goes for anyone else reading this post.

I happen to think its a fact that the animation is anywhere from subpar to horrible, and from a logical standpoint, the plot is riddled with holes that can only be filled in if the author recognizes them and bends over backward just to justify them. Maybe that's why this season isn't exactly resonating with you, and others in general, and I believe that deserves to be debated.

People have different opinions, how can you not understand that? Most of what you've said is subjective, some people are loving this season and they have every right to. Just because they have a different opinion, doesn't mean they're wrong, you've already made up your mind about this season, so it'll be hard for you to find anyone who can sway your thoughts on the matter. And yeah, I may not be feeling this season, but it's for different reasons than to you, I never cared much for this series to begin with, so it going from a slightly-above average series to a mediocre one doesn't change all that much for me, it's still enjoyable for its over-the-top shenanigans, even if there's some questionable moments. Sure you have the right to criticize, but that doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it, I'm not here to argue, I'm just letting you know that all you're doing is coming off as aggressive and ignorant.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Dec 16, 2017 3:53 PM

May 2015
Draconix814 said:
They had to split the two cours to accommodate their bad production schedule, guys, it's basically undeniable that J.C. Staff and the director behind it cannot animate it properly.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Cry, cry, cry.

Dec 17, 2017 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
Basically what I’m reading is, you A.
Dislike the show for escalating in its THIRD SEASON (what, you just wanted it to be competitions and semi-meaningful shokugeki’s forever?)
B. You...don’t like the art because it’s so similar to the manga? I don’t even have a comment for this. (Edit: I understand what you were saying now, and I still can’t comment because I haven’t even noticed the transitions...how hard were you looking at this to find something to hate? Jeez.)
C. Generally anime (ESPECIALLY THE GOOD ONES) have some sort of soundtrack, and I think season 3 of Food Wars has executed its soundtrack timing perfectly, when the dorm the main crew had been staying in for almost a year is about to be taken away, they inserted a piano version of one of the original intros(which was fing awesome btw) and when things are escalating and getting intense they play a variety of different soundtracks (not just one copy paste hype soundtrack for everyone).
D. It sounds like you have not been aquanted with the legendary...”Pause button”: this magical device can be used to freeze time and let you take notes, take screenshots, or when paired with the mysterious rewind button: go back if you missed something.
E. Now this is the only point that I personally believe holds some merit, the switch from serious to not so serious is definitely a big problem in all spectrums of anime. However, in Food Wars the seriousness of every situation is not undermined by these “chibi outbursts” but rather fortified by them. In real life people have a tendency to change moods drastically when a situation is simply too miserable or depressing, and that is exactly what is happening here. The serious development is not thrown away, and the characters do not suddenly pretend that it’s not there, but they have small outbursts trying to deflect the reality away from themselves for a short while.
I’ve seen a lot of the comments replying to this point by saying “this show isn’t meant to be serious” or something to that affect. I would disagree, sure you have some pointless foodgasms simply for the sake of fanservice, but looking past that, this show is actually quite serious, and I think Season 3 has made that more clear than ever. Say what you will, but I believe Food Wars is one of the best anime that mixes multiple genre types to come out in awhile.
FireandIceDec 17, 2017 11:14 AM
Dec 17, 2017 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Dinoe said:
Food Wars is getting worse? Well, that is your opinion.

Comparing it with SAO is a wrong thing to do, since SAO wasn't solid (the first arc) to begin with. The show was good for people that started anime, or those that wanted something with good visuals & fightsc... just visuals.

Food Wars on the other hand has one of the best sets of female characters I've seen so far, a new take on the 'shounen' genre, food animation that makes me darn hungry, a good animation and overall a good and solid storyline.

So you think it is bad hmm? Well, just stop watching it. I think that this season is even better than the last one. And it is without a doubt the most highly praised show this season.

Can't agree more with you. I'll never understand how people have to complain about stuff that they don't like instead of just dropping it. I mean its not like they would've paid to watch it.

I enjoy this show and if i wouldn't i would just stop watchin, which i recomment those who dislike the show.
Dec 17, 2017 12:19 PM
Dec 2017
Welp this season is the worst until now and the animation and tge art became lazy af and it was the first shit i noticed when i watched its first ep
Dec 17, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
I'm just re-experiencing the manga by watching the Anime so I haven't seen any problem with the execution thus far. Yes, I know, I'm shit for doing it for that reason.

Kittens-kun said:

Over 2000 posts and you still haven't noticed this is MAL lol?
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 17, 2017 12:24 PM
Oct 2017
This is really what put me off from watching it after the first season. I found that it became way too repetitive and it failed to maintain my interest.
Dec 17, 2017 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
Draconix814 said:
lol what
splitting shows into different seasons of the year isn't uncommon now a days so I don't understand how you'd reach that kind of thought process
Dec 17, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2011
I have to say it really is starting to feel stale after the first two seasons. And that art kinda sucks now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2015
>Digibro-sempai

Okay, I'm done with this thread. Aside from that, I don't really know why but it seems like you're still not old enough to actually experience real foodgasm huh... Don't worry since we've had been in that situation before...
Dec 17, 2017 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
Draconix814 said:
lol what
splitting shows into different seasons of the year isn't uncommon now a days so I don't understand how you'd reach that kind of thought process

Yep exactly.

This is probably one of the most stupid things I've seen when it comes to claims. The studio / staff doesn't decide the split cour more often than not. It's the committee or the publisher.

Nowadays series have split cour and its not because of production issues.
Dec 17, 2017 3:18 PM
Aug 2014
Dinoe said:

Comparing it with SAO is a wrong thing to do, since SAO wasn't solid (the first arc) to begin with. The show was good for people that started anime, or those that wanted something with good visuals & fightsc... just visuals.

So you think it is bad hmm? Well, just stop watching it. I think that this season is even better than the last one. And it is without a doubt the most highly praised show this season.

Gintama and 3-gatsu are more praised. 3-gatsu is arguable.
Dec 17, 2017 11:19 PM

Apr 2015
This thread is everything wrong with Anime.

Into the trash it goes.
Dec 18, 2017 9:34 AM
Mar 2017
-Alians- said:
Dinoe said:

Gintama and 3-gatsu are more praised. 3-gatsu is arguable.
tbh I dont have interest on 3-gatsu bcause Shogi is boring, I prefer karuta battle after all like Chihayafuru. so not all people take interest with that anime, Gintama is exceptional
Dec 18, 2017 9:44 AM
Mar 2017
GosuGian said:
Who the hell cares?
yeah, i agree with u. straight to the point from his moaning crybaby talk that come to pursuing people dropping the series when he acting like "Elitist" w*eb.
Dec 18, 2017 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
I agree that animation and plot for this season don't hit as hard as the previous seasons did (maybe it's in part an overhype problem that makes you get your expectations up higher than reasonable), but it's still pretty entertaining, so a little score drop in comparison to the previous seasons for me, but only by 1 point so far, and 7 is still a good score.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 18, 2017 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
You can't take this show so seriously. It was never anything but a generic shounen show coated with delicious food descriptions. If you try to analyze it beyond that level, you're gonna have a bad time.

This duel with the first seat is getting pretty hype by the way
Dec 18, 2017 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
Weakest season yet, for sure. The plot leaves a lot to be desired. That aside, i find the pacing, humour, animation and soundtrack fine. They don't bother me at all. Now that it's mentioned though, it would be nice to see good food orgasm scenes again, these ones have been subpar.
Dec 19, 2017 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
The series went downhill this season because of the over-the-top and Aizen-esque generic shonen villain that is Azami. Not to mention the absolutely ridiculous idea that students have enough power to overthrow the school.

It was a fun, tournament-style shonen. Why shoehorn this dumb villain into the series?
Anyway, I've heard most manga readers hated this sudden development as well.

Highlight of this season has been Rindou.
MormegilDec 19, 2017 5:08 AM
Dec 19, 2017 5:48 AM

Sep 2016
FireandIce said:
Basically what I’m reading is, you A.
Dislike the show for escalating in its THIRD SEASON (what, you just wanted it to be competitions and semi-meaningful shokugeki’s forever?)
B. You...don’t like the art because it’s so similar to the manga? I don’t even have a comment for this. (Edit: I understand what you were saying now, and I still can’t comment because I haven’t even noticed the transitions...how hard were you looking at this to find something to hate? Jeez.)
C. Generally anime (ESPECIALLY THE GOOD ONES) have some sort of soundtrack, and I think season 3 of Food Wars has executed its soundtrack timing perfectly, when the dorm the main crew had been staying in for almost a year is about to be taken away, they inserted a piano version of one of the original intros(which was fing awesome btw) and when things are escalating and getting intense they play a variety of different soundtracks (not just one copy paste hype soundtrack for everyone).
D. It sounds like you have not been aquanted with the legendary...”Pause button”: this magical device can be used to freeze time and let you take notes, take screenshots, or when paired with the mysterious rewind button: go back if you missed something.
E. Now this is the only point that I personally believe holds some merit, the switch from serious to not so serious is definitely a big problem in all spectrums of anime. However, in Food Wars the seriousness of every situation is not undermined by these “chibi outbursts” but rather fortified by them. In real life people have a tendency to change moods drastically when a situation is simply too miserable or depressing, and that is exactly what is happening here. The serious development is not thrown away, and the characters do not suddenly pretend that it’s not there, but they have small outbursts trying to deflect the reality away from themselves for a short while.
I’ve seen a lot of the comments replying to this point by saying “this show isn’t meant to be serious” or something to that affect. I would disagree, sure you have some pointless foodgasms simply for the sake of fanservice, but looking past that, this show is actually quite serious, and I think Season 3 has made that more clear than ever. Say what you will, but I believe Food Wars is one of the best anime that mixes multiple genre types to come out in awhile.
I whole heartedly agree. There were a lot of things that went bad with this season but that doesn't mean everything went bad. I kinda feel that the gentleman in question was exaggerating many of the things you mentioned. Yes the show had it's bad parts, but that doesn't mean it's equal to SAO. Comparing any anime to SAO is like comparing a rusty tool with dog droppings, as in everytime SAO will lose. You voiced my opinions entirely on this. +1 from me.
Dec 19, 2017 7:59 AM
Mar 2016
Moekou said:
Eh, I don't know why people seem to judge school decisions on real world logic and thus calling it stupid. I see it the exact same way as other shows about their dramatized subject matter like Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon. In Yugioh students are never seen studying, they just play Yugioh all day, and in Pokemon it's decided that sending 10-year olds out to travel the world on their own is a great idea (even though a good number of Pokedex entries make it clear that they can be very lethal to humans). In each the series subject of the show is SERIOUS BUSINESS and you don't need to apply real world logic to it. Here, the show is about cooking, cooking is everything, why are people thinking so seriously about how things would work out in real life? I treat the Elite Ten in a similar way to the Gotei 13 from Bleach and other similar super groups. It doesn't matter if they're high schoolers or not, what matters is that they're strong and thus have massive sway within the setting.

^This

It's normal that the show is slower than usual because it just got out of the climax of the last arc.

Also, people comparing characterisation between Elite Ten and the main cast even though the main cast has been focused on show for two seasons (roughly 36) episodes. For people saying that some actions have no motive, either you didn't pay attention to what is happening or you have to wait for the second half of this season in Spring 2017 where all the motives will be explained (even though I think that 12 episodes aren't enough to end the current arc which is still continuing in the manga, but it should be enough to explain most things).
Dec 19, 2017 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
while it comes off as complaining, i do agree with TC on some things....however thats how most shonens are anyway. take simple concepts and turn the volume from a measley 10 to an overwhelming 100.
i do feel the same way about the story sometimes with that the student should just transfer and the story was getting kinda meh imo when the dictator-esque supervillain showed up and his goal is basically nationwide genocide via starvation. seriously, who other than rich folks could afford fancy food. but that is accomplishing one thing...is to root for the little diner guy in Soma to kick all their asses (even tho he'll likely lose in this week's episode, i havent watched it yet)
at least all the other stuff for the show is on point and still has its charm. meanwhile im just over here waiting for Daddy Soma to show up.
Dec 19, 2017 12:49 PM
Apr 2009
I don't care how much power the Elite Ten is supposed to have, but overthrowing the very man that owns the school is so unrealistic IT HURTS.
Isnt that the aspect why people watch animes, movies, read comics etc.
Because its something that is not realistic? X_x
Whatever,most people that hate the 3rd season are gonna watch the next season
Its every season the same, nothing new in the MAL/Anime Community
Dec 19, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
You have wrote an essay, in the end what is your purpose and what do you actually want? Trying to brainwash people like Digibro and sway people thinking this 3rd season anime to be bad just like SAO, or you want to be acknowledged to be the 1st one to discredit this so that you can be famous like Digibro?

For one everyone has their own preference & genres, so what you consider bad doesn't mean others hold the same opinion as you. This also applies to how an original work being animated, like how people thinking the humour parts not being proportioned well. Number 2 not everyone acts like a scientist or reviewer, people doesn't watch an anime just to criticize/examine it critically later or during mid-stage. So don't even assume people to be like,"holy shit does this even make sense" or "how is this shit even funny" all the time. Do you get the point? Whether a series in 1st rating of all time or 3rd highest rated TV anime currently airing, the result is there not because everyone examine critically but it is just simply people like it.

Let me tell you some about Digibro who you seem to view him as someone great. If you think he is great, then I can tell you might be brainwashed by him to some degree. All of his "tactics" can be seen/revealed easily once you have a certain amount of knowledge in the anime industry etc.
Number 1 Digibro is very knowledgable in that industry, which leads people who is not knowledgable thinking his reviews are top-notch and true. This is a common phenomenon where uneducated people always follow those educated easily.
Number 2 his knowledge is pretty one-sided which is influenced by his own bias, He has his own standard point of view and preference. This part here is dangerous because of his amount of dumb fanbase, thinking his choices are mostly correct which lead people following his idea/views/preference. Of course I won't say all his fans following his idea loyally, some still have their own thoughts.
Number 3 The model and pattern of his videos are very obvious. Well I won't delve in too much as every youtuber has their own style in brainwa.. ops making a video. One of his video pattern is being repetitive. You might think his video is long and educative, but in fact the things he says are the same thing. Basically all he has been saying the same meaning with different wordings, making you think there are many problem in the series.
Definately Digibro understands his taste very percisely which is a good thing when he review something, but its too poison to the community when he can influence his huge fanbase easily eventhou he has pointed out no need to follow what he says. Anyway I bet you don't realise he milks people money by making those "educative" videos eventhou its repetitive most of the time. Well I guess its still educative, bias to his own taste thou. Thats why in underground net people use "infamous" on Digibro.

SAO, one of highly rated series with controversial ratings & reviews. Do you know that Digibro is the one who started the whole 'SAO is bad' train? How suddenly some people become so "intellectual" in criticizing the series and how more youtubers flying out to make 'SAO is bad' video, yup thx to the infamous Digibro. He literally made SAO from "many flaws but still entertaining" to "make you looked dumb after watching it". Let me tell you what is the real SAO problem, where people suddenly become so "intellectual" in criticizing a highly rated series like it is unworthy to be one after watching a brainwashing video. Every anime has plothole and disproportion, its an exaggeration to mark it as "SAO problem" to begin with.
Mar 23, 2019 12:01 AM

Mar 2019
It is because, in the anime the food that the characters prepare are all real dishes and it teaches the viewers a lot about the cooking world.
May 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Oct 2018
Even though this post is 1.5 years old, I'll say it

This post is full of bullsh*t
This is easily the best season IMO
-Aincrad-May 25, 2019 2:49 AM
May 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
-Aincrad- said:
Even though this post is 2.5 years old, I'll say it

This post is full of bullsh*t
This is easily the best season IMO
Funnilly enough regardless of whether it applies to this season or not, almost all op's complaints are things that would go on to kill the entire series both in terms of quality and financial success with the most recent arc. Definitely shows that the seeds of failure could be planted even during one of the best parts of something, I really liked this season alot, but it was without a doubt the beginning of the end for what became one of the biggest trainwrecks jump has ever seen and something that has soured years of content.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.