Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2017 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
well seems like im on final stage, returned to shit taste and not givin a damn
Dec 8, 2017 4:38 PM

May 2015
Zeando said:
GangsterCat said:
why are you watching anime youtuber? your own opinion is as good (shit) as them.

I wonder the same, maybe some people lack opinions and need an idol to copy from. ugh.
Then sometimes someone asks why there is lack of critical thinking, maybe because there is lack of thinking.

Or, they just like hearing other peoples opinions. Or they're just entertained by the videos? Why do haters on MAL think that people only watch anime YT channels so they can copy them?

Dec 8, 2017 4:41 PM

Feb 2017
I guess I'm at full circle considering my faves. Prison Schol + Legend of the Galactic Heroes? What a combination.
Dec 8, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2011
Kittens-kun said:
Zeando said:

I wonder the same, maybe some people lack opinions and need an idol to copy from. ugh.
Then sometimes someone asks why there is lack of critical thinking, maybe because there is lack of thinking.

Or, they just like hearing other peoples opinions. Or they're just entertained by the videos?

That would be fine, IF people watching popular youtubers were able to bring up their own opinion on the table.
Sadly I've seen more than once people starting conversations with things said by others, rather than their own thoughts, this thread is no different.
(maybe they have their personal opinion but they are too shy to talk them, or they want to use the popularity of others to validate their own points, same result, they don't speak their mind openly)

The irony, is that "fandom classification" has been discussed widely here for a long time too, it isn't a new concept, so it's not hard to imagine whatever youtuber version of it has been inspired by places like this forum too. Making the "others opinions" just one more copied idea. If there is a full circle going on, it is the circle of reused opinions.

Kittens-kun said:
Why do haters on MAL think that people only watch anime YT channels so they can copy them?

Simple conclusion based on experience.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 8, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
Current Stage: True Acceptance (aka. No longer giving a fuck) Different things are good for different reasons, and who cares if I watch echi comedy series and a slice of life adventure alongside a shoujo fantasy/romance and some seinen action shows.
KruszerDec 8, 2017 6:37 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 8, 2017 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
It's half so obvious that noone needs to hear it from him, and half made up bullshit. So basically an average anime youtuber video.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 8, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2015
Guess i'm on Higher state of being because i'm still trying to save the world from watching bad anime, but i'm starting to realize that all anime is shit. Slowly reaching the end of the cycle.
Dec 8, 2017 10:52 PM

Jan 2010
Well it's an interesting watch but I totally don't follow that life cycle lol

I never really giving a fuck
I have developed some taste but it's always been the same thing since the very beginning. Only more refined.
So I think I'm still at the earlier stage if based on Gigguk's vid
I only watched a small amount of anime, and I don't watch all anime. But I probably have spent more money on anime merchs than some of you with 500+ or 1000+ anime in their completed list.

Also, I no longer try to watch harem/ecchi shows when before I used to at least try to watch one or two of the most popular one each seasons. I never really enjoyed them in the first place. I tend to give them lower score, and I admit it's very unfair. So I decided to leave the genre alone.
CrimsonMidnightDec 8, 2017 11:18 PM
Dec 8, 2017 11:01 PM

Jun 2014
Why would I need his opinion?

For me, I see myself at the beginning even after 12,000 episodes. I have said this before, but I plan on watching anime a very long time and think my brain operates differently than most people. I'm 24 now and could totally see myself going at this pace is for another 25 years. Anime is all I have really.
Dec 8, 2017 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
Zeando said:
GangsterCat said:
why are you watching anime youtuber? your own opinion is as good (shit) as them.

I love how salty you guys get over anime youtubers. Most people watch them for entertainment, not for their opinion, but I know how weebs can't be entertained by anything other than anime, so it's fine
Dec 8, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
oryouohagi said:
Zeando said:

I love how salty you guys get over anime youtubers. Most people watch them for entertainment, not for their opinion, but I know how weebs can't be entertained by anything other than anime, so it's fine

To be fair, most people who watch anime youtubers are probably really easily swayed by their opinions as I'd bet 90% of the fans are nowhere near hardcore fans of the medium.

Also, I heavily disagree. People are entertained by their opinions, thus watching for their opinions.
Dec 8, 2017 11:23 PM

Aug 2010
Kagami said:
oryouohagi said:

To be fair, most people who watch anime youtubers are probably really easily swayed by their opinions as I'd bet 90% of the fans are nowhere near hardcore fans of the medium.

Also, I heavily disagree. People are entertained by their opinions, thus watching for their opinions.

Half the things he says is just cynical bs which he doesn't even think seriusly in his videos.
And I really don't get why everyone should be so bloody serious about their own opinions. This is not politics, just an anime site.
Dec 8, 2017 11:29 PM

Jun 2014
oryouohagi said:
Kagami said:

Half the things he says is just cynical bs which he doesn't even think seriusly in his videos.
And I really don't get why everyone should be so bloody serious about their own opinions. This is not politics, just an anime site.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can say I don't see a point in me paying much attention to their opinions because I never really bothered with opinions not my own. As I said, a lot of people are likely very swayed by anime youtubers because youtube is huge and they are the faces of anime on youtube.

I bet you if I posted something and disagreed with a post made by the guy in the comments, a majority of people would take his side as they see his opinion holding more value because he's a big anime youtuber.
Dec 9, 2017 1:30 AM

Aug 2010
Kagami said:
oryouohagi said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I can say I don't see a point in me paying much attention to their opinions because I never really bothered with opinions not my own. As I said, a lot of people are likely very swayed by anime youtubers because youtube is huge and they are the faces of anime on youtube.

I bet you if I posted something and disagreed with a post made by the guy in the comments, a majority of people would take his side as they see his opinion holding more value because he's a big anime youtuber.

Not on this site. If you disagree with gigguk or digibro on this site, people will congratulate you in PM and add you as friend. If they knew you IRL god knows they would even suck you. This is what kind of site this is.

On youtube yes, you would be roasted. But that's not neccesarily because they are swayed by him, I think it's more like birds of a feather flock together.

Take me for example, I watch gigguk, but I don't agree with his opinion on umaru-chan or eromanga-sensei. I love both shows (relatively).
Dec 9, 2017 1:41 AM

Jun 2014
oryouohagi said:
Kagami said:

Not on this site. If you disagree with gigguk or digibro on this site, people will congratulate you in PM and add you as friend. If they knew you IRL god knows they would even suck you. This is what kind of site this is.

On youtube yes, you would be roasted. But that's not neccesarily because they are swayed by him, I think it's more like birds of a feather flock together.

Take me for example, I watch gigguk, but I don't agree with his opinion on umaru-chan or eromanga-sensei. I love both shows (relatively).

I don't really care about the details of this site, but moreso my opinion on youtube. Gigguk is a face of youtube for anime so I'm not focused on the supposed theory you have. I think you are looking at a very small scope and even then I agree with some of those opinions because I still think a majority of their subs are more casual fans. Unless you think 90,000 of Gigguk's followers have heavy anime experience.

There is nothing wrong with being casual or swayed by opinion. Rather, being swayed is all mental. Some fanboys would agree with him, but you can bet if 30,000 of his less experienced anime viewers had to pick a side, they'd choose him. Why? He is a face of youtube for anime and has the power to sway opinions of fans far easier than a "random fan".

I'm just trying to say, I doubt Gigguk knows much more about anime than I do since I research almost everyday so his expert opinion to me isn't really that worthwhile to monitor.
Dec 9, 2017 2:34 PM

Jan 2017
You expect me to watch a 10-minute video just to reply to this thread? You could have just listed the "stages" in your post. Not that it matters. Less than 30 seconds in this guy already confused the word "nerd" with "geek" so he doesn't have much in the way of credibility.
My name is 3DPD and this is my Internet forum signature. If there's anything I've learned in 21 years of using Internet forums, it's that life is meaningless and nothing we say or do here will matter in the grand scheme of things.
Dec 9, 2017 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
At least it's not another Digibro thread. Be thankful for it MAL!

Kittens-kun said:
Here's a word of advice: Don't make a thread about an anime Youtuber on MAL. A lot of people on this site seem to have a grudge against them for basically no reason. You're not really going to get a genuine discussion out of them.

Does it make a difference when you create a thread about it on 4chan/Reddit?
_Ako_Dec 9, 2017 3:49 PM
Dec 9, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
i reached the final stage long ago, but tbh im still looking for animeys that will fulfil me. i did skip some of these steps tho, especially the 2 first ones
Dec 9, 2017 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Kagami said:
Why would I need his opinion?

For me, I see myself at the beginning even after 12,000 episodes. I have said this before, but I plan on watching anime a very long time and think my brain operates differently than most people. I'm 24 now and could totally see myself going at this pace is for another 25 years. Anime is all I have really.
Without anime, I am but a lost little lamb.

Didn't watch the whole video, but maybe something like a "tired of being sidetracked and not watching anime the way I want to"? As for public image, I've become totally shameless. Started skimming Kiniro Mosaic at Barnes & Noble last week in front of a few old ladies and their granddaughter. Take that, dignity!
Dec 9, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2015
_Ako_ said:
At least it's not another Digibro thread. Be thankful for it MAL!

Kittens-kun said:
Here's a word of advice: Don't make a thread about an anime Youtuber on MAL. A lot of people on this site seem to have a grudge against them for basically no reason. You're not really going to get a genuine discussion out of them.

Does it make a difference when you create a thread about it on 4chan/Reddit?

I don't even have accounts on either of those websites. Is it really just as bad?

Dec 9, 2017 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
I don't really relate besides learning the anime lingu and using words like pacing and average in cringy ways, still a fun video.

My first thoughts of a life cycle of an anime fan were: Get into it as a young teenager, lose interest in it during mid 20s.
Dec 9, 2017 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
Am i the only one who unironically thinks this guy in particular is cancer and unfunny and he's the embodiment of reddit ? :)
Dec 9, 2017 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
Kittens-kun said:

I don't even have accounts on either of those websites. Is it really just as bad?

HAHAHA you don't need an account to post on 4chan.
Dec 9, 2017 7:50 PM

May 2009
Xaelath said:
I am on the side of no longer give a fuck.
Not the true acceptance because that would be like accepting to consume something i dislike aka shit unless i am currently interested to consume shit.
But what if you don't consider certain things shit but still don't consume them because you dislike them?

Xaelath said:
Why should i even bother anymore about people saying don't watch this or you should watch this.
Let me watch whatever i want.
Agreed.

Xaelath said:
Also i don't think i am an anime true fan, i never really interested in those poster or figurines, i don't mind buying it but i never did.
Honestly I think judging based on those specific expressions of fan interest is rather shallow. You're an anime fan if you feel you are. Sounds like a stupid definition, but frankly speaking, I can't tell how much you truly care about anime, since I can't read minds.

Xaelath said:
My money went to game.. which pretty much JRPG, least in game I'll be able to experience with my own pacing or route.
Interesting. I expanded to anime from JRPGs and such, and I sorta do both.

vvicked said:
well seems like im on final stage, returned to shit taste and not givin a damn
Final Stage: Bloodlines
GlennMagusHarveyDec 9, 2017 7:53 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 9, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2014
GlennMagusHarvey said:
]But what if you don't consider certain things shit but still don't consume them because you dislike them?

Something like tokyo ghoul / charlotte in my list? Dissapointment i guess?
Wait i did watch both maybe something like Ano Hana..
Its obviously not shit but i dislike something like this one..
Maybe i'll give it a chance if i had time.. maybe not. Long list waiting this one had to be the bottom of my list beacuse simply i dislike it and i didnt show any interest.

I didnt even had chance to watch Bebop,Death Note,Geass,Madoka,Haruhi,Steins gate or some of the popular one yet.

GlennMagusHarvey said:

Honestly I think judging based on those specific expressions of fan interest is rather shallow. You're an anime fan if you feel you are. Sounds like a stupid definition, but frankly speaking, I can't tell how much you truly care about anime, since I can't read minds.

Maybe fan on different direction, if theres thing i shows interest the mostwas not some otaku stuff, it would be likely on how studio works, how the industry status, what could we do as fans to help the industry improve not stagnate, how could i learn animate, Anime industry mangament something like that.

Of course i do love to discuss the anime itself but everyone doing it which is pretty normal for most of the anime fans.

GlennMagusHarvey said:

Interesting. I expanded to anime from JRPGs and such, and I sorta do both.

Maybe its my financial status, my friends can do both too, but i dont have any necessity for a while, i dont have to talk about my personal status but i cant do both even if i wanted to, maybe sometimes later when i finished my study.

Maybe i'll buy a dakimakura and throw it to friend face as a joke
Dec 9, 2017 8:19 PM
Sep 2017
I just want to say that anime comunity is a realy toxic just by looking at this tread and your answers .
Dec 9, 2017 8:21 PM
Oct 2015
It appears I'm in the 'higher state' phase, time to use some lexemes that I have no idea what they actually mean and randomly throw them into some context where it wouldn't work well.
Heckle was here...
Dec 9, 2017 9:53 PM

Dec 2017
I'm at the void and no longer giving a fuck but nowhere in between. I haven't gone through all that, but I watch shitty harems all the time. For amusement. So I guess I'm near the end. I don't know.
Dec 9, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2009
Xaelath said:
Maybe fan on different direction, if theres thing i shows interest the mostwas not some otaku stuff, it would be likely on how studio works, how the industry status, what could we do as fans to help the industry improve not stagnate, how could i learn animate, Anime industry mangament something like that.

There's definitely different kinds of fans, yeah.

There's the fans who obsess over one or a few series.

There's the fans that collect merchandise, of various kinds -- special editions

There's the fans that know the industry very well and know who's who and what's what.

There's the fans that write fanfictions, and the fans that write/record remixes/fandubs/arrangements of theme songs and other music, and the fans that create their own handicrafts based on/inspired by series.

There's the fans who contemplate how the stories they watch relate to their lives and the world around them and how they serve as a dialogue of imaginations and aspirations with real life.

There's the fans who use it as a point of common interest to socialize over.

There's the fans who translate works and supplemental materials to make them more accessible to other fans.

And so on.

(Note that most fans fall into multiple categories.)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 10, 2017 1:11 AM

Nov 2014
It's basically just a bunch of semi-relatable vague stuff put together to get to feel like it somewhat describes you, so you feel good or included or something. It's like those stupid quizzes online that will tell you your personality, to a small extent true but mostly bullshit.

In all seriousness though, there's elements of it that's true for many anime fans, but I'm sure for quite a number of people there aspects of it that are just blatantly wrong. I for one never had a phase of thinking everything I watched was amazing. For me at the early days of watching anime, I could never quite get into any action anime at all and very quickly went into the romcom genre shithole. Also still don't quite get the whole 2D girls are HOT thing.

zal said:
This one in particular is like watching someone tell your horoscope, just a bunch of generalization and stereotypes everyone can relate to with some bits of humor because being serious might displease some fans.
^This guy gets it.
BurningSpiritDec 10, 2017 1:20 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 10, 2017 1:34 AM
Dec 2017
i've gotten better with the years actually
Dec 10, 2017 7:30 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I feel like I'm in an alternate dimension. While I "Don't Give A Fuck" I also think shitty harem shows aren't worth my time and rather develop my pallet. I don't think I can transcend into "True Acceptance" of all the trash when 60 shows come out a season.

The Seasonal Anime Arms Race is too real and I don't know how people keep up with that shit. Sayonara.

Dec 10, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
I ain't giving that guy a view. Can you sum it up for me, in your own words, or is that too much to ask?
Dec 10, 2017 8:04 AM

Mar 2017
oryouohagi said:
zal said:
You watch Gigguk, you are not at the end.

Watching Gigguk falls into the "not giving a fuck anymore" part, don't you think?

nope, its where you have begun to develop 'taste'
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 10, 2017 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
It's amazing how Gigguk made his video as if it was a personality theory. Apparently, the Anime Theory is still on its pessimist stages and in need of more positivism. It's as if Gigguk's theory was the anime version of Freud's personality theory. An anime fan is doomed because he or she likes a certain anime. We need to look anime taste from a different perspective. We shouldn't solely focus on taste, there are more things to anime than just that.
Also, just simply watch and rate how you want. Don't worry about what others think. Is their opinion, and is best if you respect it. You have freedom to rate and organize your list however you desire on this site. It's not like a moderator is going to ban you just because you give, let's say Nourin a 10/10 (I like using Nourin as an example, I should watch this anime sometime).
In short, we need to view anime in a more positive perspective.
Dec 10, 2017 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
I can't relate. I believe that I was watching anime through the womb.

Or at least hearing it since my mother watched anime when she was pregnant.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
10 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
25 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
27 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
31 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.