Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 123 Discussion

Dec 8, 2017 9:32 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's time for Sawako's moving out. Chizuru is the first one besides her parents to send her away. Then Kazehaya. She left them alone since they got into that mood immediately. The kiss, then he gave her the letter, a late reply to his birthday letter she gave him.

Remembering the time when they first met, opening ceremony of high school.

Then time flies by fast. Sawako is back to Kazehaya.

The end was anti-climax after building up too much feeling in the last few chs., my rating went from full 10 to 9.
Modified by tsubasalover, Dec 9, 2017 12:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Dec 11, 2018 3:52 AM
this manga was amazing, I love all the characters from this series. Glad i waited 6 months for VIZ to translate the ending.

Jan 24, 12:27 AM

Like tsubasalover said, the ending wasted all the emotional build-up. It went from "Goodbye! I won't forget everyone!" to "I'm back!" in literally five pages. Compared to the rest of the series, the end was very abrupt. I really wanted to give the series a ten, but the last pages turned the rating to a nine.

In the creator's notes, Shiina-san mentioned that she had ideas for possible bonus chapters in the future. If any additional chapters do get made, I would happily accept them.

Edit:Never mind, I found out there were bonus chapters.
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 2nd Spinoff Chapter This Fall | Anime News Network
Kimi ni Todoke Manga's 2nd Spinoff Chapter Debuts Next Month
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 3rd Spinoff Chapter in March
Modified by Daisuki, Jan 24, 12:47 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -unknown

Jan 24, 1:51 AM
Intree

Where did you guys find these chapters, the original Japanese book?

Jan 27, 3:07 AM

Kuraya said:
Where did you guys find these chapters, the original Japanese book?

The official French translation for my part. There is also the US one if I'm not mistaken.

Jan 27, 3:27 AM
Intree

Do you know of any website having that translation, the French one I mean

Mar 2, 2:41 AM
Daisuki said:
Like tsubasalover said, the ending wasted all the emotional build-up. It went from "Goodbye! I won't forget everyone!" to "I'm back!" in literally five pages. Compared to the rest of the series, the end was very abrupt. I really wanted to give the series a ten, but the last pages turned the rating to a nine.

In the creator's notes, Shiina-san mentioned that she had ideas for possible bonus chapters in the future. If any additional chapters do get made, I would happily accept them.

Edit:Never mind, I found out there were bonus chapters.
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 2nd Spinoff Chapter This Fall | Anime News Network
Kimi ni Todoke Manga's 2nd Spinoff Chapter Debuts Next Month
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 3rd Spinoff Chapter in March
where can I read those?

Mar 2, 3:25 PM

midwiferuler said:
where can I read those?

Hi! Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the chapters were only serialized in Japan so far. I haven't read the spinoff chapters either, but hopefully they are collected into one volume in the future.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -unknown

Mar 3, 1:57 AM
Daisuki said:
midwiferuler said:
where can I read those?

Hi! Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the chapters were only serialized in Japan so far. I haven't read the spinoff chapters either, but hopefully they are collected into one volume in the future.
Hello! Thanks lets hope it will come out soon.

May 20, 2:36 PM

Wow, that was underwhelming and just weak ending even for a shoujo manga. Remind me what was the whole drama in the few previous volumes? I feel like author didn't have many ideas for this series anymore. I mean, it's 30 volumes long, which is A LOT, especially for shoujo romance, and... honestly, barely anything happens in it.

At the beginning Sawako had to learn a lot, and go through some tough life experiances, but she gained good friends, close-to-perfection boyfriend, and even became super popular and liked among other people in her school (which happens irl, like, never?). And it's been the same pace/problems since, dunno, last 10 volumes. Most of side-arcs did not go anywhere, I guess if you really loved the characters, you could have some fun just following their everyday life... for me it's not enough.

6/10 just because I enjoyed the first third or so quite a lot. The rest... not so much. There are plenty other way more interesting and original stories in this genre. This one's too perfect and idealistic, made me wanna puke rainbow sometimes.