Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Dec 8, 2017 2:47 AM

Hi,

Like you see I recreate the "Unique Anime" badges for only challenging anime (Hard to watch or anime who create buzz).

But I will need you to find all the worst shows !

For the moment I add :

• Bible black
  • Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
  • Inferno Cop
  • Nami
  • Pingu in the City
  • Boku no Pico
  • Cipher
  • Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki
  • Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
  • Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula
  • Kanashimi no Belladonna
  • Pupa

So if you have suggestion just say it ! :)
You can propose a name with it. Because if I have not watch it, it's hard to give it a name xD
Modified by Jikan_, Dec 22, 2017 1:39 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Dec 8, 2017 3:29 AM

Cipher the VIDEO, it start out as one of the worst dubs (it's only available dubbed) with classic american 80s songs, then it turns into a documentary about how the video was made and the whole thing is a total shitshow.
They talk about how they wanted to give it a MTV music video feel, and how they basically used the project as an excuse to go to america and write it off as a work expense, and they go on about how the twin towers are what truly symbolises America while they play music with the lyrics "take a look at me now, there's just an empty space" in the background (made in 1989).

Also, the most common rating is 10, and the second most common rating is 1
Modified by Snufkin, Dec 8, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 8, 2017 7:44 PM
LunyRem??β™ͺ πŸ’™

I like this idea. When you mentioned anime that are "hard to watch", I have some names of anime that come to mind. They're old and a bit obscure, so they're not something that a regular anime fan would even bother watching unless they're completionists. Here are my suggestions and I apologize in advance if these sound stupid. xP

----

Name: Maiden's Misfortune
Anime to complete: Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki
Year: 1992
Type: Movie

Very disturbing anime. Definitely very difficult to watch and finish because of how unpleasant and unsettling it is. There's even a topic in the anime's message board that says "DO NOT WATCH THIS !!!" which probably ended up working in reverse (reverse psychology). Would be worth it to get a badge of this for completing this film.

Name: Punk Cat in Space
Anime to complete: Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
Year: 2002

A totally unique artsy anime film that is a mix of 2D and 3D with art style that is reminiscent of 1960 cartoons. The atmosphere is very jarring and the main character uses foul language a lot. Despite that childish looking art style, this movie has a lot of adult themes and many mysteries surrounding it that led me to think "what the hell am I watching?" and "why am I watching this?" Despite all this, it's been a very surreal anime film that deserves to be called unique.

Name: Old School Dracula
Anime to complete: Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula
Year: 1980
Type: Special(?)

You were asking for "worst shows", and here's a classic example. I'd classify this one as "so bad it's good" or.....wait......might just be done with it and just call it "so bad it's just terrible". This was animated by Toei Animation, but upon watching it (dubbed), I got the impression that it looked more like a 1980's cartoon by Hanna-Barbera. The film is just so goofy that it'll make you cringe watching all of it.

This film isn't that hard to find if people know where to look. But I found it a test of endurance to finish watching all 90-minutes of it.

Name: Belladonna of Sadness
Anime to complete: Kanashimi no Belladonna
Year: 1973

A very old and obscure underrated film. This film is very trippy. As stated in the anime's featured articles, it's an "erotic pseudo-historical musical acid trip produced by Osamu Tezuka in 1973". This film is also a bit difficult to find online, so a badge for this very "unique" anime would be totally worth it to earn, and it probably deserves a little higher xp than usual.

----

Btw, I'm wondering why does Cipher have more xp than Bible Black and Corpse Party? Would it be fine with you to swap their xp? :o

I guess that's all from me for now. I think only a few people would be able to earn badges for this. You requested for anime that are "hard to watch", so these are the titles that I've contributed based from what I've seen. I hope you could add them. Thank you. :)

Dec 9, 2017 8:01 AM

LunyRed said:
I like this idea. When you mentioned anime that are "hard to watch", I have some names of anime that come to mind. They're old and a bit obscure, so they're not something that a regular anime fan would even bother watching unless they're completionists. Here are my suggestions and I apologize in advance if these sound stupid. xP

----

Name: Maiden's Misfortune
Anime to complete: Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki
Year: 1992

Very disturbing anime. Definitely very difficult to watch and finish because of how unpleasant and unsettling it is. There's even a topic in the anime's message board that says "DO NOT WATCH THIS !!!" which probably ended up working in reverse (reverse psychology). Would be worth it to get a badge of this for completing this film.

Name: Punk Cat in Space
Anime to complete: Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
Year: 2002

A totally unique artsy anime film that is a mix of 2D and 3D with art style that is reminiscent of 1960 cartoons. The atmosphere is very jarring and the main character uses foul language a lot. Despite that childish looking art style, this movie has a lot of adult themes and many mysteries surrounding it that led me to think "what the hell am I watching?" and "why am I watching this?" Despite all this, it's been a very surreal anime film that deserves to be called unique.

Name: Old School Dracula
Anime to complete: Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula
Year: 1980
Type: Special(?)

You were asking for "worst shows", and here's a classic example. I'd classify this one as "so bad it's good" or.....wait......might just be done with it and just call it "so bad it's just terrible". This was animated by Toei Animation, but upon watching it (dubbed), I got the impression that it looked more like a 1980's cartoon by Hanna-Barbera. The film is just so goofy that it'll make you cringe watching all of it.

This film isn't that hard to find if people know where to look. But I found it a test of endurance to finish watching all 90-minutes of it.

Name: Belladonna of Sadness
Anime to complete: Kanashimi no Belladonna
Year: 1973

A very old and obscure underrated film. This film is very trippy. As stated in the anime's featured articles, it's an "erotic pseudo-historical musical acid trip produced by Osamu Tezuka in 1973". This film is also a bit difficult to find online, so a badge for this very "unique" anime would be totally worth it to earn, and it probably deserves a little higher xp than usual.

----

Btw, I'm wondering why does Cipher have more xp than Bible Black and Corpse Party? Would it be fine with you to swap their xp? :o

I guess that's all from me for now. I think only a few people would be able to earn badges for this. You requested for anime that are "hard to watch", so these are the titles that I've contributed based from what I've seen. I hope you could add them. Thank you. :)

Hi,

Thanks I will look about it because I never heard of them.
Cipher XP is wrong I will fix it soon :)

Thanks !

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Dec 9, 2017 5:19 PM
LunyRem??β™ͺ πŸ’™

@Jikan_ You're welcome! :D Yeah, it's natural that people haven't heard of these because they're very obscure in this day and age. Tamala 2010 is mostly black and white with only a few colored scenes. And allow me to rephrase my statement about describing the Dracula anime: I found it a test of endurance to hold back my laughter watching all 90-minutes of it. There were so many bad points about it that makes it so ridiculous and hilarious to watch.

I look forward to seeing them added as new badges. :) But if they got denied, then that's fine too. :P Thanks!

Dec 16, 2017 4:54 PM

Here for you a true masterpice :
Name= Utsu Musume Sayuri
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 17, 2017 12:20 AM
LunyRem??β™ͺ πŸ’™

^ lol YES! Let's add a badge for that anime entry and call the badge The Striking Daughter. x)

Dec 18, 2017 12:27 PM

Thank you for adding my proposition

here some that also need your consideration :

Name= 001

Name= Pupa

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 1, 1:25 AM

School Days

Single-handedly the best and worst show I have ever seen. Imagine a train wreck is about to happen and there is nothing you can obviously do to stop it, it's terrible of course but you know you are gonna watch it anyway because it's human instinct to somehow like seeing things crash into a million pieces. This is that train wreck and it's satisfying in the worst way possible.

It is an inside joke to tell people to watch it all the way without any hint of where the story is going to end up. It also has 330,000+ members so it's widely known for this.

Jan 27, 8:31 PM

What? No Garzey's Wing? For shame, now I must somehow make sense of our convoluted situation.

...make that the name of the badge: Making Sense of the Convoluted Situation. Or "Humans Are Just Human". Or "Giant Glowing Goose". Or "Best Worst Dub". I don't know anymore.

Apr 5, 7:26 PM

I've got a few that I think will fit right in!

Suggested Badge Name: Red Colored Badge
Red Colored Bridge

Suggested Badge Name: I Feel Violated
Night Shift Nurses

Suggested Badge Name: My First LSD Trip
Don't Tell Mom

I also don't think 001 should be a unique badge as it doesn't really compare to everything else that has been suggested, it's really just 30 seconds of boredom.