Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2016
what a rare 9/10 anime
i want kanbe and lilac story
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 8, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2015
I liked it more initially>< when they focused on just playing mmorpg and our heroine in her room, later on when we gotten to romance part, and started getting more and more of real life, it ended up being less entertainmenting, still fun to watch though series.
Those 10 eps long series definitely doesn't disappoint(noucome and konosuba)
Dec 8, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2016

Pledge to protect the Morimori-chan!

It's already been said multiple times by others, but man, this was certainly a pleasant surprise. One of my favorites of the year, for sure, despite its short length.

That scene by the sink was so damn powerful; I was really starting to "feel" the moment. It was also pleasant to see how Morioka and Sakurai nerded out over the latter's rig. Definitely realistic and loyal to the fact that they've both gamers. On that note, I really have to appreciate how much more positively the story focused on the whole NEET aspect and truly humanized Morioka as a character.

In regards to the ending, I dunno. Actually seems like the previous episode was a lot stronger than what we got here. Further, it felt like we'd already experienced a great deal of cockteasing through these latter few episodes, so not having any actual resolution leaves me somewhat famished. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a guaranteed second season on the way, but considering that would (unfortunately) be a pipe dream for any fans, we're stuck with this conclusion and whatever comes of the OVA, which I anticipate will be just as excellent if not more than what we've seen already.

All things considered, this was a great series that I don't plan on forgetting. Going to do what I can to read the source material and see where things might have gone and what's different. It's been a bit confusing to me, though, that the mangaka has been seemingly absent over the last couple years. Couldn't find any sort of social media account for her that was even remotely active, so I gotta wonder what's up and what the status of the series is.

Ah well. May Hayashi and Lily live on as much more than partners! <3
Dec 8, 2017 11:35 AM
Mar 2016
as expected
Open Ending but not bad
Dec 8, 2017 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
needs moar episodes but it was great
Dec 8, 2017 11:46 AM
Aug 2016
TheUniqueReaper said:
That's it? What are they, 5? They are fucking adults around 30. Lowered my score to 7. now that the final happened and I reflect back on what has happened, I have to say, while there were good parts, it lacked a more mature atmosphere. I don't mean that in the sense of full-on sex or sexually tinted talk but the way especially Mori and Sakurai acted was something I would expect from 12 or 14 y/o's not 30 somethings.

Man guess I'm really a 12 year old in disguise then considering that's how I act.
Dec 8, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2012
The ending was so sweet I teared up!

Unfortunately the series still has some loose ends with me like about Kanbe and Lilac and if there was gonna be any development there lol

Like they had one random episode kinda with a focus on them and then nothing.
Kinda bothers me
Dec 8, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
TheUniqueReaper said:
That's it? What are they, 5? They are fucking adults around 30. Lowered my score to 7. now that the final happened and I reflect back on what has happened, I have to say, while there were good parts, it lacked a more mature atmosphere. I don't mean that in the sense of full-on sex or sexually tinted talk but the way especially Mori and Sakurai acted was something I would expect from 12 or 14 y/o's not 30 somethings.

People take things at their own pace. Not everyone is trying to move SUPER fast especially when you're already a socially awkward 30 year old NEET.

You can see she was already uncomfortable being with Sakurai because she felt he was out of her league so of course she's not going to try and makeup out with her instantly.

Plus cultural differences, etc.
Dec 8, 2017 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
9/10. I expected literally nothing and I've got a great romcom. One of my biggest positive surprises of this year.

KawaiiSlowpoke said:
TheUniqueReaper said:

People take things at their own pace. Not everyone is trying to move SUPER fast especially when you're already a socially awkward 30 year old NEET.

You can see she was already uncomfortable being with Sakurai because she felt he was out of her league so of course she's not going to try and makeup out with her instantly.

This.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 8, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
So this show ended on an open ending... it wasn't bad but it was kinda, oh well.

Overall, this show was really underrated, with pretty good main cast, decent side characters, the MMO aspects are pretty relatable and the entire show was just overall sweet. Decent production quality and good music, it was pretty neat overall. I do hope for a second season but that's really a dream.
Dec 8, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2012
rsc-pl said:
9/10. I expected literally nothing and I've got a great romcom. One of my biggest positive surprises of this year.

KawaiiSlowpoke said:

This.

Not to mention, Morioka is NEET, she mostly communicated with people online, not in real life, Sakurai is also very shy :)
Dec 8, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
Such a good anime, it was a very pleasant surprise this season. It also goes to show that you don't neet 24+, heck not even 12, episodes to tell a good romance story; not to mention the neet issue and Morioka possibly finding a way out.
This one and Tsuki ga Kirei are definitely my favorite romance anime this season.
Dec 8, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
TheUniqueReaper said:

If you don't have any experience with dating, and are also an introvert and awkward around people, you can't act any other way. Doesn't even have anything to do with age, most High Schoolers don't act embarrassed or indecisive either.
NayraelDec 8, 2017 12:25 PM
Dec 8, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty bad finale imo, cliché moments, quite a few still images and overall moments to waste time, very unfunny and cringe moments that seemed very unnatural.
Wasn't very enjoyable compared to other episodes for me and i felt like they didn't focus on the right things to make it feel complete
Dec 8, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't expect to find a good romcom. Pleasant surprise.

7/10

Dec 8, 2017 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
This episode made me bump the score from 7 to a solid 8.

Koiwai is the godfather of this anime. And the ship has begun sailing!!
Dec 8, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
That was so sweet! I'm a little sad that it's over though, it was the series I looked forward to watching the most this season. I felt like I could relate to much of it, the MMORPG, the online relationships, the protagonist being a bit older... ahh. :') Wish there was more of this.
Dec 8, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
Cutest show of the year is finally over. I'm gonna miss squealing like a girl over this adorkable couple every friday night. I doubt anyone I know could look me in the eye again if they heard and saw the type of reactions I had while watching this show. Things worthy of revoking over one's man card.

This show is like the ultimate wish-fulfillment anime in my eyes. I say that without any of the negative connotations usually attached to the word. With its premise, this could have went badly and become a cheap shameless self-insert fanservice show pandering towards a specific demographic of people. But instead, we actually get an extremely fuzzy, heart-warming, wholesome romcom with illegally adorable characters that actually feel like people that might exist in real life. While their personalities are still exaggerated, and the "twist" being unrealistic, a lot about the show feels grounded in reality to some degree.

As an MMO addict, I felt that it actually succeeded in capturing the experience that MMO players go through, something that many isekai/fantasy RPG anime fail to achieve due to focusing too much on the "game" and not enough on the "reality" outside of it. Those anime can often come across as shallow escapist fantasies due to the way they tend to glorify living in RPG worlds (cause random otaku guys are always destined to be OP, get girls, and defeat evil/corrupt governments). Net-juu instead does it right by showing both the fantasy and the reality of the character's lives, which makes the show feel actually relatable.

Also, MoriMori best girl 2017.
Dec 8, 2017 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
An "okay" ending, I won't lie and say the ending wasn't cute, it was and I'm glad Mori and Sakurai are together.... but we didn't get a kiss which loses a point. What's worse is that we could have HAD one, we could have had the development necessary for a kiss if the show didn't drag its ass with a useless attempt at love triangle drama from episodes 4-7. Koiwai turns out to be a bro which means 3 episodes of skirting around the issue, date prep, and the dates were wasted time.

Imagine if Mori just ACCEPTED Sakurai's hospital invitation or met him at the convenience store instead of Koiwai, the two could have dated in episode 5, became a couple by episode 8, and kissed in 10 wrapping things up in a bow covering Mori's trauma and her Recovery.....

Yeah, which brings us to the 2nd lost point, HOW IS MORI PAYING FOR ANYTHING, How is she living as a NEET? This is unresolved, we got no resolution as per the nature of her quitting her job, and she clearly states how she was cutting into savings to pay for game money... soooooo where did that go? She doesn't have a job and is still technically in NEET status even by the end...

Hindsight is 20/20, but I said before I wouldn't let the show off the hook by not ending shit, it dicked around in the middle and wasted valuable time that could have given us more insight into the guild members or Mori herself... What happens to Kanbe and Lilac who had a crush on him? What traumatized Mori so much about her job that caused her to have a nightmare in episode 2?? Oh well, no answers but I guess we got a few images of Sakurai and Mori holding hands.

This show will make a good lesson for what NOT to do mid-season in a short show, the key is to Stay ON TRACK with the established couple and wrap things up nicely in a little bow by the series end. Read the Manga isn't an acceptable answer, and whatever the OVA turns out to be is still just an OVA and not apart of this broadcast. Overall a lack of direction mid-season spelled mediocrity for this show... still a cute romance and I love that it fought a few cliche's by making the best friend a Wingman and by clearing up the MMO confusion between Mori and Sakurai by episode 8. This "okay ending" caps off a "Great, then just okay" show that had more promise in its concept. These adults (no matter how many want to make excuses for them like being "shy") simply act too immature for their age... Koiwai is quirky but we actually SEE him working in the office as well as "working" to make his friends a better couple... the Immature Koiwai actually acted more grown-up than the love interests... wow. Do we even know what Sakurai did for the company?
luigi-dudeDec 8, 2017 1:17 PM
Dec 8, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
The ending may not have been conclusive, but it was still satisfying, since the possibility for both Moriko and Sakurai to develop a proper relationship is still there.
I enjoyed this more of what I thought, especially considering it was not on my original watchlist for this season (and Koiwai is probably one of the funniest characters of this Fall, also my favourite from this series), wouldn't mind a second season, though if this ends this way, I will be fine either way.
Dec 8, 2017 1:09 PM
Jan 2017
This was a really good one!! Tbh i didn't have very high expectations BUT it was wayyy better than what i expected. It's a shame that it's only 10 episodes. I will miss it.. (looking forward to special!)
Dec 8, 2017 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
The dryer lol.
I liked the ending, Morioka and Sakurai holding hands. They're just too cute.

I'm going to miss this show. Thank you Koiwai for making Morioka x Sakurai possible. 7/10.

Dec 8, 2017 1:25 PM

Dec 2015
luigi-dude said:
An "okay" ending, I won't lie and say the ending wasn't cute, it was and I'm glad Mori and Sakurai are together.... but we didn't get a kiss which loses a point. What's worse is that we could have HAD one, we could have had the development necessary for a kiss if the show didn't drag its ass with a useless attempt at love triangle drama from episodes 4-7. Koiwai turns out to be a bro which means 3 episodes of skirting around the issue, date prep, and the dates were wasted time.

Imagine if Mori just ACCEPTED Sakurai's hospital invitation or met him at the convenience store instead of Koiwai, the two could have dated in episode 5, became a couple by episode 8, and kissed in 10 wrapping things up in a bow covering Mori's trauma and her Recovery.....

Yeah, which brings us to the 2nd lost point, HOW IS MORI PAYING FOR ANYTHING, How is she living as a NEET? This is unresolved, we got no resolution as per the nature of her quitting her job, and she clearly states how she was cutting into savings to pay for game money... soooooo where did that go? She doesn't have a job and is still technically in NEET status even by the end...

Hindsight is 20/20, but I said before I wouldn't let the show off the hook by not ending shit, it dicked around in the middle and wasted valuable time that could have given us more insight into the guild members or Mori herself... What happens to Kanbe and Lilac who had a crush on him? What traumatized Mori so much about her job that caused her to have a nightmare in episode 2?? Oh well, no answers but I guess we got a few images of Sakurai and Mori holding hands.

This show will make a good lesson for who NOT to do mid-season in a short show, the key is to Stay ON TRACK with the established couple and wrap things up nicely in a little bow by the series end. Read the Manga isn't an acceptable answer, and whatever the OVA turns out to be is still just an OVA and not apart of this broadcast. Overall a lack of direction mid-season spelled mediocrity for this show... still a cute romance and I love that it fought a few cliche's by making the best friend a Wingman and by clearing up the MMO confusion between Mori and Skurai by episode 8. However, this "okay ending" caps off an "okay" show that had more promise in its concept.

Plot contrivances and lack of focus...ruin shows. Recovery of an MMO Junkie started with such an original and refreshing premise. What kind of anime can you think of these days that have a female NEET main character that isn't in highschool? Everything this show holds in the beginning has a lot of potential to be great, but it simply just didn't go far enough in any direction.

The overall art style also looks and feels pretty bland, which just becomes increasingly more noticeable as the show goes on. The side-characters that I initially thought were pretty interesting eventually either became forgotten or written off as one-note characters towards the end. The soundtrack, aside from the brilliantly catchy opening that synced well with the visuals, is also utterly forgettable.

I can't even say the ending is satisfying even though the Morioka and Sakurai got together... simply because their character chemistry is so lacking (I actually preferred their interaction back when they were online as Hayashi and Lily). I just feel like a romantic relationship like this would not ever last. The fact that these people are full grown adults that are still embarrassed to admit to going on DATE is quite pathetic in its own right. Also, Morioka and Sakurai kind of seem a little TOO awkward around each other. Some may call this "cute," but for me, it just makes the second half of this show hard to watch because of the cringe factor.

Also, the repeated gag of Morioka and Sakurai being interrupted by Morioka's stomach growling or some arbitrary noise in the background before an interaction that could possibly ADVANCE their relationship plot-wise could occur is utterly egregious (in the fcking FINALE episode, this happened like... 3 times). Like... wtf happened to the tight, intriguing writing of the first 3-4 episodes?

The only thing I can give this show credit for is its decently original premise. Too bad these occasional sparks of originality and intrigue just become more few and far between as the show progresses, ultimately cumulating to one of the most awkwardly paced and directed last episodes ever.

Meh. 6.2/10
HibikaseDec 8, 2017 1:31 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 8, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2008

Sakura has good taste.

Sakura's confession failing because of kids. Pfffftttttt. Though it looks like they didn't need one. Skipping the confession altogether and ending with them holding hands. I was hoping that Morimori would have taken the initiative at the end but it looks like Sakurai still took the lead and Koiwai still being a bro in the end giving them another push.

No kissing, not that I expected there to be any. Things don't progress that fast, especially not for a couple with both as awkward as they are.

Overall though, great anime, I loved every episode. Going to really miss the opening and ending, I don't think I skipped either even once. Just need the special now.
PaulDec 8, 2017 1:35 PM
Dec 8, 2017 1:46 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
I'm back to report that on episode 10 we achieved to have a romance tag
Dec 8, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
Loved this one from start to finish!

Them seeing the rainbow, going on a date and holding hands was the best finale I could ask for. Would love to have a second season!

Overall I gave this a 9/10! Being an MMO addict this hit home in a lot of ways for me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
No kissing...
WHY!
Dec 8, 2017 2:07 PM

Dec 2016
What a cute and entertaining series with an actual solid ending because I will take them holding hands and going on a date considering most romance series with double the episodes ends on the characters kissing and that's it lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 8, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
and that's why i hate little kids.
but really that was a great anime <3
9/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 8, 2017 2:24 PM
Jun 2016
it's funny this normally isn't the kind of anime I would LOVE like I do, more the kind I would watch because it's a new series, but wouldn't go out of my way unless recomended heh.
Dec 8, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
I thought this was a nice finale and the series as a whole stayed consistent throughout. 8/10
Dec 8, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
Dammit why didn't they kiss!? Well, maybe in episode 11 next week. At least they held hands. But seriously, this show blew through my expectations. It was so much fun to watch, and Moriko and Sakurai are too damn cute together. 9/10
Dec 8, 2017 2:37 PM
Aug 2014
Well that was a fun watch.

7/10
Dec 8, 2017 2:38 PM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed the show, nothing too amazing but it pulled of the genre rather nicely where as others butchered it. Though I expected the other members to play a slightly bigger role TBH.
I actually wanted more of their introduction oh well. Nice ending nonetheless.
I kind of wanted them to kiss and officially date but I guess that would just be unrealistic given the amount of time together.
I guess they kind of skipped out the confession and just went right in to dating lol. Kind of a unique way of doing things and it worked rather well.
Dec 8, 2017 3:07 PM

May 2017
In my opinion this show REALLY could have done with a full 12 episode run. I know there were reasons for it only being 10 episodes and the 11 episode is coming out as an OVA next Friday, but I think two more episodes would have been enough to better flesh out the relationship between Morioka and Sakurai. That being said, the awkward hand holding after Sakurai finally built up some courage was adorable. I just wanted to see more of it.
Dec 8, 2017 3:16 PM
Oct 2017
I think this ended perfectly for how socially awkward the two MCs are. Not all romances need a kiss or even a flat out confession, just look at Shiki and Mikiya from Kara no Kyoukai for an example. I was worried the pacing would be completely screwed up in the last episode, but it worked out great. Still think the show could have used a full run of 12 episodes though.
Dec 8, 2017 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
I like the show and I like the characters, but I feel mixed by the ending. On one hand, we have a cute romance where both parties accept one another and have history, on the other hand, I was expecting a bit more here. Not only regarding the romance, but the characters themselves, including the side ones.

I dunno, I feel like I'm missing something here.

PureDestructo said:
In my opinion this show REALLY could have done with a full 12 episode run. I know there were reasons for it only being 10 episodes and the 11 episode is coming out as an OVA next Friday, but I think two more episodes would have been enough to better flesh out the relationship between Morioka and Sakurai.

I agree with you. I feel like the show would have been better if they had more episodes to fully flesh out their romance. While I'm okay with no confession, their relationship speed went from slow to rushed.

I also kind of wish we saw more from the other characters. The ED made me think that we'd see more of Lilac, but that didn't happen.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 8, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2016
come on, not every show needs a kiss. This was the perfect end to this anime, awkward like the couple in itself. And that's exactly what makes it so adorable.
8/10
Dec 8, 2017 3:33 PM

May 2017
TheUniqueReaper said:

I wonder if there are some people around 30-ish who never matured in that aspect.
Dec 8, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
Man this was the surprise of the season I did not expect this to be as good as it was. I hope we get an actual confession in the OVA though.
Dec 8, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
Koiwai-san is the man. I will definitely start reading the web manga as well :D
Dec 8, 2017 3:43 PM

Apr 2016
I would have enjoyed more episodes, but hey, it was a pretty sweet show, one of my favorites this season. It gets 9/10 from me.
Dec 8, 2017 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
Sakurai is a man of quality and culture

quite the enjoyable ride wish it was a bit longer while the romance aspect was tropey i still found it quite cute
Dec 8, 2017 4:09 PM
Dec 8, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
It was an okay show. I'm glad they ended up together, even if at a slow pace (which is normal).

I think I set up my expectations too high, though?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 8, 2017 4:25 PM

Sep 2017
do caralho (it's cool)
Dec 8, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
Absolutely adored it from start to finish. I'm going to miss everyone so much. I kind of wish they went into Moriko's work life a bit more, as her nightmare was pretty interesting, in that she no longer wanted to be a mindless drone giving her life to her company.

I hope they make a second season, however I doubt it'll happen. Looking forward to next week's OVA though!

It was a great ride. <3 Gna miss you Moriko

Dec 8, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2017
Quite the ending. That dryer should be destroyed immediately.
While I wanted a kiss, honestly, I didn't expected it, would have been to awkward to the shyness of Moriko and Sakurai. Loved the awkwardness between both and the crying scene in the kitchen was the most lovely part of the episode.
Paul said:

Sakura has good taste.

He pulled a Nixon. So massive Yay!

Because I've enjoyed so much this series, and despite some flaws. Net-juu no Susume gets a 10/10. Morimori-chan has reached my top echelon of overall waifus. So I'm only now with Blend S and just a waiting for the OVA.

PS: I know I'm biased, I don't care either.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Dec 8, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2015
Sad to see this go. It was really good and cute for what it was. Exceeded my initial expectations to be honest. I wouldn't mind another season!

8/10.

Dec 8, 2017 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
Absolutely loved this one, by far the one I got most excited to watch each episode this season. I'm only not giving it a 10 score because there was no proper ending, with just 10 episodes. Should I expect something form the OVA?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

121 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 25, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.