Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2017 12:40 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

DAMN!

yes, i am glad that i am proven wrong! it's all ishogami delusion out of his trauma... both kaguya and shirogane really a good senpai! nice conclution... hope not followed by another serious arc... bring back histerically stupid romance mindgames!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2017 12:48 AM

Jan 2017
BEST. SENPAIS. EVER.

I love how it ended good for Ishigami. He really reminds me of Shouya from Koe no Katachi.
Dec 7, 2017 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah got some koe ko katachi vibes when Ishigami saw those faces. Great conclusion to the arc.
Dec 7, 2017 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
its really nice to see Ishigami open to others and accepting "True Norimes"

great faces
Dec 7, 2017 4:00 AM

Mar 2015
Damn yeah. I also got that Koe no Katachi's vibe when Ishigami started to see their faces.

But I do expected Ishigami to not win. After all, he's not athletic in the first place. Him winning would be like a shounen manga protagonist that suddenly got powered up from friendship.

And yeah, Kaguya is just best girl. She'd hold back for her dearest Kouhai.

Also Iino having some spotlight panels in this chapter feels like Aka is trying to set up their ship.... I hope Iino soon learn that Ishigami was the one who have been supporting her in the past.

Dec 7, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2007
Excellent chapter! I am so happy for Ishigami. And I never thought I would be so happy seeing that smile on that girl's face! Let her remain clueless because Ishigami wanted to protect that smile! :)

Kaguya was so adorable, the way she set up the transfer of that douche by telling the elites of Shuuchi'in. I guess, even amongst the elites, Shuuchi'in has some righteous people, which makes me feel much better. Didn't fail to notice that Nagisa is one of those elites! She is actually a very good girl and one of the few people who are painfully aware of Kaguya's constant struggles (that she is madly in love with her President).

Also, can I say I love Iino again?! The author is really putting some wind on my sail!

DarklordVor said:

But I do expected Ishigami to not win. After all, he's not athletic in the first place. Him winning would be like a shounen manga protagonist that suddenly got powered up from friendship.

I wouldn't have been surprised at all since the author did the groundwork for it before this chapter. Nowhere it was ever mentioned that Ishigami is not athletic. Before his isolation from the rest of the world, he was actually one of the aces from track and field in middle school in case you missed that. He just almost pulled it off because his shackles were broken by Shirogane — the guy you'd want your daughter to marry but unfortunately that won't happen because he is already taken by Kaguya. ;)

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2017 6:08 AM

Sep 2009
Aaw, happy ending ;X. Was half-expecting something darker from this mangaka....
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 7, 2017 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
Good. Now Ishigami can rest in peace. eh.. Rest in .... damn... he can now .... make a friend in peace!

Yeah. I wonder what is next chapter. Another serious chapter from someone or continue stupidly genius romance comedy?
Dec 7, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
He lost the first race but everyone is supportive cause he tired hard and they win later :)
Kaguya with the help back then.
Dec 7, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
Fireworks arc - End of Season 1

Ishigami arc - End of Season 2

Where is my goddamn anime adaptation??

Amazing arc, looks like that guy didn't end well once Kaguya told the serious business people what happened, and god I'm happy for that. Ishigami and friends are so awesome!
Dec 7, 2017 7:43 PM
Oct 2016
dunno why but each time i read an arc about helping shut-in character case, its always remind me to "switch-on" arc from Sket Dance, which is amazing...
i'm really excited in this ishigami arc..
Dec 8, 2017 1:14 AM

Nov 2014
Rest in peach Edgygami. You finally have friends! Nice faces at the end there!

This Koyasu-senpai girl probably likes Ishigami. I ship it.

Now that this arc is over, I hope we'll see more of Hayasaka.

Too bad. I really wanted to see that girl's reaction once she finds out about the truth.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuDec 12, 2017 5:39 AM
Dec 8, 2017 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
mizukasa said:

will we get the story about her mom?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 8, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Our boy making plays
Dec 9, 2017 7:30 AM
Oct 2016
Kuma said:
mizukasa said:

will we get the story about her mom?

any story about hayasaka would be nice anyway XD
Dec 9, 2017 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
Really nice chapter. I wanted Ootomo to learn the truth but this is satisfactory. Ishigami protected that smile so let her stay ignorant.

DarklordVor said:

Also Iino having some spotlight panels in this chapter feels like Aka is trying to set up their ship.... I hope Iino soon learn that Ishigami was the one who have been supporting her in the past.

True. Iino and Ishigami would make an awesome ship and it looks like Aka is slowly setting things up. We really do need another ship in this manga.

I wonder how Ishigami is going to behave from now on. If he's not going to be sulky then what sort of personality is he going to have? Should be interesting to see.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Dec 11, 2017 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
Such a happy concluison to this arc! So happy for you Ishigami! Iino getting a lot of spotlight like people said above might transit into something. Different Kaguya's face expressions, love how fast she can "change" and how even Hayasaka was scared =/
Wonder if this manga is coming to the finish line, obv i'm only in for more, but how much can Aka-sensei come up with?! Remember that abrupt bait ending, was it on april 1st ...
Dec 11, 2017 9:48 PM

Dec 2015
Heh, ignorance is bliss, isn't it you dumb bitch?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 13, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2016
Decent chapter, liked how the problem was solved in a not very convenient way (sort of Ishigami losing the battle but won the war). The Koe no Katachi reference is also well handled. A new ship has finally set sail (hinted long ago but officially confirmed now). Still miss the daily "duel" between our 2 protagonists, lately they have been occupied with so many extra works.
Dec 16, 2017 10:50 AM
Oct 2017
I'm happy for ishigami
Dec 24, 2017 5:34 PM

Oct 2015
Ishigami the real MVP. Good chapter.

Shit, now I'm curious what exact relationship does Ishigami have with Miko. :o
Oct 30, 2019 2:18 AM
Jul 2019
This is such a great arc! I actually cried a little. But damn, that girl really is a dumbass. Ishigami had to work so hard for her? Wish Kaguya told her everything, I wanted to see her reaction too. I wish Ishigami after this would lighten up but still remain a very rational boy.
Nov 10, 2019 4:30 AM

Mar 2014
It makes sense Ishigami would have a more cynical outlook given everything that happened during middle school, but I'm glad there's a happy ending in this chapter. He realized that there have been good people around him all along and he can finally let himself live in the present instead of dwelling in the past. A very heartwarming conclusion to the arc!
Apr 20, 2020 6:37 AM

Feb 2018
Dont think i'll be give up on fear..
Apr 20, 2020 8:10 PM

Apr 2019
I'm glad that Ishigami was able to put his past behind him.

Damn the sports festival arc was really good.

Nov 19, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
MetaThPr4h said:
Fireworks arc - End of Season 1

Ishigami arc - End of Season 2

Where is my goddamn anime adaptation??

Your predictions are impeccable!
Jan 10, 2021 7:40 PM
Apr 2020
The anime left out some parts, like showing Kaguya's interest in the case. Kaguya talking about Ogina and the school's mafia (including Kashiwagi). This is definitely the best arc so far
Apr 5, 2022 10:55 PM

Apr 2021
Yep!!!! This was where Ishigami started to look and move forward!!!! I remember how I, after seeing episode 11 of season 2, wrote a long forum, and it was probably the longest forum I'd written!!!!! After all, Ishigami's one of the best written characters I've seen in this manga!! I loved this chapter so very much!!!! Miyuki, nah more like the whole student council back then helped Ishigami!!!!! They were his first friends^^
Jan 3, 2023 9:59 AM
Mar 2021
This has hands down been the best part of the series so far. Ishigami is a fantastic character and I love seeing his whole backstory culminate in him wanting to move forward and see the good in people. It acts as a great reflection of Kaguya's own development as we saw in her talk with Shirogane's dad. I think Kaguya and Ishigami have a really great dynamic, and I like that it isn't super obvious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.