Forum Settings
Forums

My first (drums &) vocal cover in Japanese (Ginga Nagareboshi Gin theme)

New
Dec 6, 2017 6:25 PM
Dec 2017
Hello people. :) First time around here.

I thought it would be appropriate to share my new cover video with like minded people outside of my circles. That would be local heavy metal scene here in Finland. I'm also into anime stuffs, I'm very picky though, but I got totally hooked on Ginga when I was kid and I still love it.

Probably ain't difficult to guess that I'm a musician, drums are my main instrument, but I also do vocals. Besides of my bands, I make all sorts of cover videos for youtube. Mainly drumming and drums & vocals some times and this one sure is one of those song which is craving for someone to do a vocal cover, other than typical death metal growling, which would be way too easy choice.

The song's the theme song of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. First time singing in Japanese on record and singing in this kind of vocal style. So lot of first times on this video. It was heck of a challenge and it took quite a lot of practice, but I think I did ok.

So, have you ever heard a Finn sing in Japanese before? :D You wont hear that too often... I found Japanese quite easy to to pronounce, its of course not 100% correct as I'm really not fluent. But it has so much in common with how Finnish language works that its easier than, say, German.

I guess there's the kind of people here who might enjoy this, check out my other videos too, there's few other anime covers too and I'm planning to make more. Also heavy metal and assortment of this and that. If you like it, sub my channel and please, all feedback is welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knAU1Tyds7k
Dec 9, 2017 1:57 AM
Dec 2017
Shameless bump! :D

Nobody has anything to say on this? Come on, I want to hear what you think. :)
Dec 9, 2017 2:53 AM

Aug 2015
nice haha it was very impressive it had a nice power-metal
And I'm here in your pocket
Curled up in a dollar
And the chain from your watch around my neck
And I'll stay right here until it's time
Dec 9, 2017 4:37 AM
Dec 2017
Artoo2 said:
nice haha it was very impressive it had a nice power-metal

Thanks! :D

I thought this song has that vibe in it, little double bass and some Manowar'esque vocals seem to kick some power in it. Btw, why are so many metalheads fans of Ginga series? At least here in Finland that seems to be the case, maybe its the epic story and fantastic music, or maybe the atmosphere. Oh and its so damn cheesy, almost like some old fashioned ninja stuff, just with dogs and bears. I love it.

Heh, one of my cousins says she still has nightmares about demonic evil bears.

Next video is in the works at the moment.... Its probably not going to be too difficult to guess which song its going to be. ;)
HammarbergDec 11, 2017 2:19 AM
Dec 12, 2017 4:42 AM
Dec 2017
The next one will be Ginga Densetsu Weed theme. The backing track and drums are now mixed, all I'm missing is the vocal recording. I might upload a drums only video exclusively on my fb page, but I'm still undecided about it.

I've got such a nice feedback on the GNG video that I might upload the next one quite soon. I was planning to have it done for christmas, but maybe I'll get it ready quicker.
Dec 12, 2017 6:00 AM
Dec 2017
I just uploaded the GDW drumtrack on facebook! Go have a listen!

https://www.facebook.com/HammarbergDrumming/
Dec 16, 2017 11:34 AM
Dec 2017
HASHIRE WEED!

Last cover video of the year is out! My second ever recording in Japanese, drums also covered, naturally. This one's a real kicker, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riNPdFjiDks&feature=youtu.be

More topics from this board

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

12 by Luchipher-Zen »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
7 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:34 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Today

0 by Cammell »»
Today, 5:34 AM

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.