Forum Settings
Forums

How well can you remember character names of the Anime you watched?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Dec 6, 12:45 PM
I personally have a hard time remembering many main character's name and I haven't even watched that many Anime.

For some Anime I can't remember name of even one character.

And for some Anime, for example Naruto, I can remember names of almost any character, even quite minor characters.

What about other things? Can you remember the story of all the Anime you watched? What about openings and endings? Would you from which Anime each one is, if you heard them?
Modified by narutobirama, Dec 6, 12:49 PM

Dec 6, 12:50 PM

People also remember characters they hate.

Ardanaz said:
You're the most salty, pathetic bastard in the world :P

Dec 6, 12:52 PM

I wouldn't know since I can literally remember the entire plot of Naruto, One Piece and Bleach no problem...

As soon as I learn a name of a character... 90% of the time I will remember it the first time hearing it
~♬♪ Nipples Roasting On An Open Fire ♪♬~
~♬♪ Jack Frost Shitting At Your Door ♪♬~

Dec 6, 1:17 PM

True dat with Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, I don't know how the hell I remember those minor characters.

I think with other anime is that you watch very short seasons so you don't spend much time remembering those characters. However with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and others you know the main characters so well that when a new name pops up you pretty much remember it instantly.
NOOT NOOT

Dec 6, 2:27 PM
I usually remember character names from long running series (like you said about Naruto) and the main characters of shorter shows. However, the harder the name is/the less likely it is mentioned in a series, the less of a chance I'll remember it.

Also, I remember most openings and endings, especially the ones I liked a lot.

Dec 6, 2:30 PM

I mean, I remember a lot of characters' names, even though I've watched "their" shows a long time ago :^)
>mfw I'm on AD for more than 10 seconds

Dec 6, 2:33 PM

I chant the name of the main protagonist of said series over and over again for 10 hours straight, then prepare my altar to make a ritual where I sacrifice my brain cells and a bit of my virtual penis to summon the mighty demon lord.
The demon lord accepts my sacrifice and in return grants me the ability to remember the main and few side characters' names.
Pretty convinient I'd say.

Dec 6, 2:34 PM
Depends. I can remember short/"western sounding" names easily, but some of the 5 syllable Japanese names screw me up.

Dec 6, 2:49 PM

If it's an anime I truly enjoy, I'll remember most of the main cast.

Dec 6, 2:55 PM

I consider myself pretty good at remembering shit. So I do tend to remember most of the main characters' names and the majority of the supporting cast. Just not the minor characters. A show's memorability also plays a huge role too. Like, I only remember 1 character from Hundred (Emile Crossfode or something) but can pretty much name you the majority of named characters in Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Edit: Damn, I was actually right about that Hundred character's name. Giving myself a mental pat on the back for that 'cause that show was the most generic, boring show I've ever seen lol.
Modified by Adonc, Dec 6, 2:58 PM
Funniest anime video ever, ESPECIALLY if you like anime openings --> https://youtu.be/o3HahlTmp18

Dec 6, 3:21 PM

I think I can remember more or less well the names of relevant and side characters from my favourite shows, with a few other exceptions.

Dec 6, 3:28 PM

I remember character's names of long series of course (like kenshin and dragon ball), or those I watched more than one time or that I also read the manga. Then some characters here and there cause I really love them 😍😍😍

Dec 6, 3:31 PM

Fairly well as long as it isn't full names and assuming the character didn't have a nickname in the series. Because I primarily remember them based on how they are referenced in order to match the context of the show.
Characters I like more or hate are obviously easier to remember and the same applies to series.

Dec 6, 4:13 PM

Im having hard times with the names too, if its like a 1 season anime i will prob dont remember 90% of the names, only if i really liked the character.
And in huge animes like One Piece that i follow from week to week i can only remember the names of the main cast and a few really likeable characters.

Dec 6, 4:16 PM

I'm rather good with names but if it's a short series (like 12 eps) and I've only seen it once, I may forget. :/

Dec 6, 4:18 PM
Master Expander

It depends on how much impact I get from the characters or if their names sound really really obnoxious. Other than Deku, Bakugo, Stain, and All Might, the only name in Boku no Hero Academia that I can recall is Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu...

Dec 6, 4:23 PM
If i really liked the anime i can rememeber their names even after years of having seen it, however if i didn't really care for/like the anime and it's been a while or it's an anime from my childhood i might not remember most if any of their names.

Dec 6, 4:26 PM

Not very well at all compared to video games. And even at that, the more characters there are, the less likely I am to remember even 25% of all of the character's names: for example, couldn't tell you who a quarter of then Senran Kagura girls are by name, and I've played the games (Shinovi and Estival Versus) for roughly 60 hours.

Dec 6, 4:47 PM

i dont remember anything, sometimes i even forget how some animeys ended. I only remember names from animeys that i love/hate or just anime with many episodes

Dec 6, 4:50 PM

For some shows I can remember them pretty easily or if it's for a show I love than I'll usually remember everyone who is important.

Although a couple years back when I was watching Bleach, for the life of me I could not remember any of the 12 soul reaper captains except for the ice guy.

Dec 6, 4:55 PM

I don't have to remember them, I just need to have this mild understanding of who's who so I can identify them when they're being referenced
Kinda like if you ask me a question I won't be able to answer properly but if you ask me the same question on a multiple choice format I'll know what the answer is

Dec 6, 4:57 PM

I can pretty much remember 85% or more, I think. That includes MCs and important supporting characters, and maybe some supports who show up more than once.

If it's a ecchi, with girls only, or a short anime, or an ecchi harem, too bad for them.

Oh, stuff like "Kiss-shot Orion Heart Underblade" are pretty easy to remember.

Monzer42 said:
Depends. I can remember short/"western sounding" names easily, but some of the 5 syllable Japanese names screw me up.

I can remember western ones if they're important characters, but I always remember the Jap. ones. That's kinda because of my super abnormal hate of American films, cartoons, etc.

Dec 6, 8:16 PM
Yui ❤️ Kotegawa

Sometimes you remember, sometimes you don't. But if you really love the character, you would never forget it. I still remember Papillon/Chono from Busou Renkin after watching it 7 years ago or something cause I love the character.
I fap to 2D girls, want to be friends?

Dec 6, 8:25 PM

Iron all depends on how memorable the character is

I get really angry over really petty things. like sales not applying for Canadian shopper's.
Needing to buy $250 of products just to get free shipping from Righstuf.
VRV not being available in Canada. This stupid bullshit piss me off

Anyways, Feel free to add me.

I feel lonely when no one reply to my posts

Dec 6, 8:31 PM

Depends on the show. I haven't watched One Piece in years and I feel like I could name 50+ people of the top of my head. Hunter X Hunter is similar, though that one's rather recent. If it's one of my favorites, I'm certain I can name everyone in the main cast (and perhaps a handful of side characters for the bigger shows).

Dec 6, 8:35 PM

Depends on the frequency their name is stated, how simple/complex their name is, sub vs dub, and how many characters there are in the show.

I'd say at least good enough to remember the main characters

Dec 6, 8:38 PM

pfffft remembering anime character names? impossible...

honestly though I can only remember the names of characters I really like if they have three or less syllabels.

Bring forth the mollusk

Dec 6, 8:40 PM

pretty well, but that's only for idol series like idolm@ster and Aikatsu! lmao

I finally found the place
Where I can stretch without telling lies

Dec 6, 8:51 PM
Maybe some characters name i remember for each anime

Dec 6, 10:47 PM

I can remember most names just fine. Especially if they gave me lasting impression, good or bad.
Like, I've watched School Days ages ago but I still remember the three MC full name lol. This anime is just simply unforgettable. In both good and bad way haha.

Dec 6, 11:00 PM
Personally, for me, I can only remember the main characters but after a few months, I would usually forget their names, especially for the series that don't have a significant impact.
Heckle was here...

Dec 6, 11:09 PM

Being able to remember multiple characters names depends on two different things for me. The amount of time spent watching a show like the long Runners you mentioned I can easily name off a lot of the cast from naruto or one piece. Another thing is how much I enjoyed a show like I can name most of the characters in my favorite shows easily. I always laugh when remembering Baccano's characters, some very interesting names right there.

Dec 6, 11:15 PM

Illyricus said:
I think I can remember more or less well the names of relevant and side characters from my favourite shows, with a few other exceptions.
This. Sometimes I actively review names as part of my normal pondering a show.

Haruka Amami, Miki Hoshii, Chihaya Kisaragi, Azusa Miura, Ami Futami, Mami Futami, Takane Shijou, Hibiki Ganaha, Yukiho Hagiiwara, Makoto Kikuchi, Yayoi Takatsuki, Iori Minase, and Ritsuko Akizuki. Also the secretary whose name I forget. And of course, Producer-san. And so on.

Gil, Druaga. Jil, Ahmey, Kaaya, Melt, Coopa. Neeba, Fatima (or Fatina?), Utu, Kally. Kelb, Ethana. Kai, Succubus. Pazuzu, and the Coffin Knights (one of whom is named Mite the Fool). Henaro. And that one army guy who stayed behind. The Golden Knights. Lady Amina. The two Sumerians whose names I forgot. Ziusudra's joke evaluation machine. And so on.

Éclair and Lumière. Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Viola and Cesario. Dextera and Sinistra. Alv and Dvergr. A-ou and Un-ou. Eclipse. Armbrust and Pfeilspitze (who goes by a certain other name). Vendredi. Bonita(?) and Liquiy (Cole?). Chevalier d'Autriche. The GOTT (Galactic Organization of Trade and Tariffs) and the GU (Galactic Union). And so on.

Hikaru Shidou, Umi Ryuuzaki, Fuu Shidou. Clef, Presea. Alcyone, Ascot, Lafarga. Emeraude. Zagato. Mokona.

In general, I think I remember enough of most of the things I've watched, to be able to have an impression of them when they're mentioned again. In some cases I might only be able to bring up a few scenes on my own, but with some prompting I can remember even more. There are a few shows that didn't leave much of an impression, for which I've mostly forgotten them, but oh well.
Modified by GlennMagusHarvey, Dec 6, 11:21 PM

Dec 6, 11:19 PM

Remembering character names for over 1k anime would be quite a feat. Except recently watched shows and favorite chars, all other names I remember are quite random.

Dec 6, 11:23 PM

I'm mostly good with remembering the names of MCs. sometimes/barely minor characters (mostly if it's a show with a large cast)

Dec 6, 11:25 PM

cute girls and lolis name

easy to remember ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 7, 1:56 AM

I’m pretty bad at remembering names if I say so myself, sometimes I can go through 10+ episodes of anime and yet still fail to remember the name(s) of main characters or even recognise them visually. Though there are some anime which I end up remembering rather well, but I can’t say there are many, A majority of them are just main characters from popular anime which you see people talking about often.

If you have the time to think about a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.

Dec 7, 2:20 AM
I remember the name of most characters in each anime , except for really unimportant ones .

Dec 7, 2:25 AM

Sometimes I can remember names of characters from a show/manga that I haven't watched/read for years without googling it when I try hard enough to remember it for suggestion or when I see another character that resembles him/her.

Dec 7, 2:30 AM

If an anime has an insane amount of characters with 24 episodes or less (i.e. Shirobako) then I won't remember any characters names apart from maybe 1 or 2.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a fan of Code Geass"

Dec 7, 2:55 AM
I remember well the names of Anime characters that left a lasting impression, or those from stories that I enjoyed.

For example, Ousawa Akatsuki , Issei Hyoudou, Makabe Masamune, Izayoi Sakamaki, Adagaki Aki, Fujinomiya Neko, Rias Gremory, Nomura Fudou, Onigawara Rin and many others.....
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Dec 7, 1:05 PM

I have a hard time remembering character names from the anime I watch,because the names are usually common name many anime use such as "Jin" and "Saya".

Dec 7, 2:00 PM

If the character has an attitude, bad or good but entertaining or the character has a great voice and/or looks then I tend to remember them well regardless if their background is not very well written or has a very common story behind them.

Take Takumi Ichinose from NANA as an example. He was a high school kid with talent and ambition that grew up in a slightly messed up family. Not the most unique or original background but he's got that looks, attitude and was voiced very well by Morikawa Toshiyuki so its impossible for me to forget such a character. Heck, even his name is not unique at all yet he is a character that is hard not to remember.

Dec 7, 8:19 PM

Most of the time, I only remember the main characters

The supporting characters I forgot some

Dec 7, 8:33 PM
The character that has high impact or few unique things is easily to remember

Dec 7, 9:59 PM

Lmao no, not well at all. Everyone turns into "The guy with glasses" or "blue haired guy" as I'm watching it.

For example: Christmas hair guy. Still don't know his name.

Dec 7, 10:06 PM

If this thread is turned into a forum game, I'll play it.

Dec 7, 10:14 PM

I have a hard time remembering names too, but I don't even bother remembering them all. Except for the protagonist in a long-running series, the supporting characters of the anime I like. Or if the character does something impressive.
Darkness>Megumin>>>>Aqua

Dec 8, 1:05 AM

For character,
Recent will likely come up to 75%+
Old anime that haven't watch likely on 25-80% will likely never hit 100%.
This however will divided to extra division, first between main character that I'll likely to remember and side characters... Well you know because most of them sometimes just not memorable or had a meh name.

Story wise i could easily remember all of them including all kind of game i played.

For OP and Ed it's maybe? I skip most op and ed all the time unless i liked it then I'll likely to remember it.

Dec 8, 11:45 AM

Quite well I think. I remember a majority of the names.
I really don't get how some of you have a problem remembering the names when in a typical anime the name gets mentioned a million times per episode

Currently working on an android platformer/runner game.
Still early in development but frequently updated!

twitter | last.fm | steam | tumblr

Pages (2) [1] 2 »