Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2017 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
wow early christmas present from ONE and Murata with this massive long chapter full of action

Garou is slowly breaking his limiter there but he was save by that big bird monster while that giant centipede is back to fight Genos, Bang and Bomb and then King and Saitama arrives and you know the ONE PUNCH of Saitama finishes that centipede

and also we got to see the back of Blast(?)

EDIT:

summary of the chapter until a proper english scanlation is out https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/938487014768312321
degDec 6, 2017 12:46 PM
Dec 6, 2017 1:47 PM
Sep 2017
FREAKING BLAST!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR TO SEE MURATA'S DEPICTION OF BLAST AND HE LOOKS LIKE GUTS OR KENSHIRO MIXED TOGETHER! FJDSFOSD
Dec 7, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
Well it was funny and hilarious how king and saitama came and smashed it as always but, i was hoping that they would take care of monster by themselves , If they need saitama for every enemy it's really bad trend, i want characters to became more powerful.
Fantastic Painting and fight either way.
wex89Dec 7, 2017 12:26 AM
Dec 7, 2017 12:35 AM
May 2017
NeRau said:
FREAKING BLAST!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR TO SEE MURATA'S DEPICTION OF BLAST AND HE LOOKS LIKE GUTS OR KENSHIRO MIXED TOGETHER! FJDSFOSD

Of course he resembles them. Those are the only two guys with enough testosterone to match the hype that is Blast. The greatest hero "the world has ever known". (the world doesn't know Caped Baldy is great).
Dec 7, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, a massive chapter. I can't remember the last time we even got a chapter with that's this long in terms of length.

Worth reading every panel of it. Saitama's appearance at the end gave me an "OK" face expression. The action was great with tons of details. Really impressed by the quality of this chapter.
Dec 7, 2017 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
  • This chapter was absolutely insane.
  • Garou is such a beast, I luv him.
  • Yoo that punch at the end was something else. :O
Dec 7, 2017 2:22 PM
Nov 2017
NeRau said:

True, the second I saw him I thought he looks just like Guts.

But damn, the hype is real. Extra long chapter, Garou becoming a monster and a serious punch from Saitama. But this means Blast is nowhere near Saitama considering he couldn't kill the Elder Centipede.
Dec 7, 2017 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao when they mentioned king as a hero who can defeat centipede..
That one punch end all of it..
Genos end up being repaired again i guess..and more upgrade definitely..
Now i hope garou doesnt end up eat monster cell
Dec 7, 2017 2:50 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hoooooly shit wow

>133 pages long
>dis art
>hype as fuck

Been a very long time since I've seen OPM be this good
Dec 7, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2007
Stark700 said:
Wow, a massive chapter. I can't remember the last time we even got a chapter with that's this long in terms of length.

Worth reading every panel of it. Saitama's appearance at the end gave me an "OK" face expression. The action was great with tons of details. Really impressed by the quality of this chapter.

We never had it ...
It's like a whole volume !
Dec 7, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
So much hype!

All of the action against the elder centipede was just too amazing! Genos really went all out but in the end he still became modern art...
Dec 7, 2017 3:42 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit. Now that is what I call a CHAPTER (aka 130 pages of sheer glory). Absolutely insane.

Great for Saitama to finally get some action at the end. And we're heading towards the beginning of my favorite series of battles with the Monster Association. I'm interested to see all the changes the manga makes from the web comic (and also what Garou's final form will look like).
dankzelDec 7, 2017 3:48 PM
Dec 7, 2017 3:57 PM

Oct 2011
130 pages at once. This was not a chapter, it was a book! Thank you very much :)))) Everything went great - I was hoping for a Saitama ending and I got it. Made to look like King did it to boot. Just awesome!

Dec 7, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2015
Wew dis murata sensei
Sorry i dissed you for taking so long to release a chap =/
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Dec 7, 2017 4:03 PM

Nov 2008
Okay Elder Centipede was crazy poweful in this chapter, I wonder how strong he is compared to Lord Boros.

Also does anyone get reminded of Ryukotsusei from Inuyasha when looking at his face?
Dec 7, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 2016
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit that was easily the best chapter we've had in AGES, and probably one of the best ever. Finally getting to see some serious action from a whole bunch of awesome heroes, and getting to see Elder Centipede back in action (he was my favourite, SOTC+ levels of epic gigantic monster vs tiny human). Can't wait to hear about the aftermath and see Silver Fang's reaction to that epic destruction (which will indubitably be attributed to King lol).
Dec 7, 2017 4:32 PM
Jun 2015
Gotta love that chain reaction when saitama punch the elder centipede, LOL
Dec 7, 2017 5:37 PM

Oct 2014
bloody hell, this chapter

u could drown a toddler in my pants ._.'
Dec 7, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
Great chapter, good to see the Garou backstory again. Just hope the extra pages don't mean a break next issue.
Dec 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Feb 2008
I like how they kinda moved away from the one punch thing and moving to people who actually do real fights and lose. Only for him to show up and be like...yeah, one punch.
Dec 7, 2017 6:22 PM
Dec 2016
Holy hell a massive chapter just dropped.

Bang was just destroying Garou, the skill different was massive, I kind of felt bad for Garou there. But I felt that Garou is slowly breaking his limits and is going to become a monster now.

Genos is really giving it his all, but is hindered by the fact that he is a cyborg, and cant get stringer by conventional means, but that works in his favour, as he can fight for longer periods of time. Maybe Genos should learn martial arts from Bang. Because as Saitama said, he lacks power. That was so funny, he was comparing himself to Saitama, and King just said no.

Also King was real smart, he got Saitama behind him and killed the centipede, he had to act so fearless for a certain period of time.

But comparing BLAST to SAITAMA, is that some foreshadowing I see. Maybe Saitama met Blast in the past, and started to train harder or something, since blast disappeared 2 years, Saitama was still in training.
Dec 7, 2017 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
Lol, huge chapter. Though I wanted to see the reactions to Saitama's punch from the 2 martial masters... xD

Dec 7, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
nukerxero123 said:
But comparing BLAST to SAITAMA, is that some foreshadowing I see. Maybe Saitama met Blast in the past, and started to train harder or something, since blast disappeared 2 years, Saitama was still in training.

They said that Blast defeated elder centipede two years ago. Not that he disappeared two years ago.
Dec 7, 2017 7:55 PM

Feb 2017
Ever since it was announced a month ago, I was looking forward to this chapter and it was worth the wait. There's so many good pages man.

The fight with Garou and the Elder Centipede was hype. Nuff said.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 7, 2017 8:13 PM

Mar 2015
130 goddamn pages, WOW MURATA, WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

awesome chapter..

what interesting is that blast somewhat struggle when fight againts this, so i guess he is not even saitama lvl? it is new information not in the web...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2017
First time reading a chapter with 130 pages, just wow. That's almost half a volume.

Great as always. And Genos is beat up as always XD You know, you should listen to King.

Kuma said:

what interesting is that blast somewhat struggle when fight againts this, so i guess he is not even saitama lvl? it is new information not in the web...

I actually thought that Blast is Saitama (my friend said that to me a while ago and I didn't even bother looking it up XD) But I guess he's not (not as powerful).
Dec 7, 2017 8:37 PM

Sep 2014
Kuma said:

awesome chapter..

I've re-read the chapter about 2x now and it doesn't say that Blast struggled with Monster Centipede. It just said that he failed to capture him, but that doesn't mean he struggled beating him. For all we know, he failed to capture him because if he went all out, he would have easily killed Elder Centipede.
Dec 7, 2017 9:18 PM

Mar 2015
OrangeLemoon said:
First time reading a chapter with 130 pages, just wow. That's almost half a volume.

Great as always. And Genos is beat up as always XD You know, you should listen to King.

Kuma said:

I actually thought that Blast is Saitama (my friend said that to me a while ago and I didn't even bother looking it up XD) But I guess he's not (not as powerful).

it is very obvious that blast is not saitama because you know, hair... i think he might more to do with

Elegade said:
Kuma said:

awesome chapter..

I've re-read the chapter about 2x now and it doesn't say that Blast struggled with Monster Centipede. It just said that he failed to capture him, but that doesn't mean he struggled beating him. For all we know, he failed to capture him because if he went all out, he would have easily killed Elder Centipede.

if he is on saitama lvl, it should be one punch...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2017
It's possible that Elder Centipede is a lot more powerful now than when he fought Blast, as well. I mean, he got larger - twice - within this fight alone.

Having said that, Blast has been hyped up so much that it'd be strange if he wasn't on Saitama's level. Also -

Maybe he just couldn't find a net large enough to capture Elder Centipede or something.

In any case, holy moly that was a doozy of a chapter.
Dec 7, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2014
Kuma said:

Elegade said:

But we know that Saitama could also hold back, an not kill everything with one punch. Blast's objective according to the chapter was to capture Elder Centipede, obviously if he he wanted to kill Elder Centipede, the Association wouldn't say "Fail to capture."

I'm not saying the Blast is stronger than Saitama since it would be pointless making Saitama the MC, but I don't think Elder Centipede is even on the same playing field as Blast.
Dec 7, 2017 10:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
There were rumors that this OPM chapter will be 100+ pages long, but MOTHERFUCKING MURATA JUST BLEW MY MIND. 140+ pages (when you count the double spreads as 2 pages) in 1 month with that insane level of detailing in the art work is just insane. And this chapter was batshit epic from beginning to end!!!

6/5
Dec 7, 2017 10:30 PM
Apr 2016
That Art quality ....... its on another level of quality
good job Murata sensei .... what an amazing chapter
Dec 7, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2015
Elegade said:
Kuma said:

But we know that Saitama could also hold back, an not kill everything with one punch. Blast's objective according to the chapter was to capture Elder Centipede, obviously if he he wanted to kill Elder Centipede, the Association wouldn't say "Fail to capture."

I'm not saying the Blast is stronger than Saitama since it would be pointless making Saitama the MC, but I don't think Elder Centipede is even on the same playing field as Blast.

i don't think they would making their ace do something as complex as that... we know further in the webcomic that
Dec 7, 2017 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Wow 134 pages in almost one month with that level of detailing,nearly 6 pages a day, damn. Respect to Murata for pulling this off,heard the centipede took 1.5 hrs to draw wew.

Lol that King-Saitama duo is too op and Geno's didn't get totally rekt like the webcomic, great chapter.
Dec 7, 2017 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
That was an amazing gift from Murata. 130+pages .

I can't tell if Garou is still human or a monster already as he still alive from all of that damage.

It's hilarious how Blast and King is on the same panel, The quality is amazing as always.

PS: Since Blast looks like Guts then that centipede is the beherit.
Dec 7, 2017 11:36 PM
Oct 2015
I felt like the 'Serious Punch' has been weakened or it wasn't as serious due to the fact that the last time we saw it, It was able to take on Borou's planet shattering attack and wipe out the majority of the nearby clouds. But aside from that, this chapter was absolutely insane so I'll just ignore that fact.
Heckle was here...
Dec 8, 2017 12:08 AM

Oct 2015
God-level art, battle, and length.
Dec 8, 2017 2:23 AM
Nov 2017
TheHeckle said:
I felt like the 'Serious Punch' has been weakened or it wasn't as serious due to the fact that the last time we saw it, It was able to take on Borou's planet shattering attack and wipe out the majority of the nearby clouds. But aside from that, this chapter was absolutely insane so I'll just ignore that fact.

Well, we should also account for Elder Centipede's durability, meaning the more durable Elder Centipede was, the more force from the punch would be absorbed by him, thus less damage to the surroundings.
Dec 8, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
Wow... I came at least 3 times when reading this chapter...
and still counting..
Dec 8, 2017 3:44 AM
Oct 2015
I'm always sad that Saitama don't get the credit he deserves, that pisses me off.
But WHAT A CHAPTER!!!!!
The thing that I'm happy about is that nobody knows that humanity has a special, very special TRUMP CARD that nobody knows, not even humans.
Dec 8, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
I'm so proud of King to be able to stand like that when he knows that his life would be in an imminent danger. What I like about King is that he's definitely a "leader", in a sense that he can influence and motivate people in a fight and lead them to victory. He's not powerful in a battle, but he's a good leader and the title "King" befits him.

But damn, Murata is so awesome! 143 pages in 1 month?! Does this dude even sleep? That's like 2x more than 4 weeks-worth of weekly manga and 3x more than monthly manga.

Dec 8, 2017 6:43 AM

May 2010
Epic doesnt even begin to describe this chapter!

im absolutely blown away right now
Dec 8, 2017 8:05 AM
Nov 2016
One Word: EPIC. The best Christmas present I've ever received by any of my favourite authors. ONE's style is awesome in its own way.

Then there the FANTASTIC art by Murata.
DraggadorDec 8, 2017 8:08 AM
Dec 8, 2017 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
First things first, Murata is a god. period.
This was the craziest chapte rin the year, most likely

Garou is my favorite from now, seriously is there more developed than him right now ? I'm in love, for real. His flashback was... and he is slowly transforming into a monster

The centipede twist was genius, the art is absoultely beautiful

YOOOO BLAST LOOKS LIKE A BEAST LMAOO
And when BANG AND BOMB DID THEIR DUAL ATTACK

Genos, dear Genos, sorry to have insulted you into asuicidal freedom fighter, you're the most badass still behind Garou though

Frickin King lmaoooo

Oh my god, OPM best manga ever, with all this content, Season 2 might be sooner, thanks god Murata is the mangaka of this version. And one final punch by Blast, huh... Saitama
Dec 8, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2012
HollowIchigo58 said:
Okay Elder Centipede was crazy poweful in this chapter, I wonder how strong he is compared to Lord Boros.

Boros is obviously much stronger. He remained alive for short time after he took the serious punch unlike Centipede
thepathDec 8, 2017 1:25 PM
Dec 8, 2017 6:07 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, gotta give my props to Murata. How does he find time to eat or sleep? Holy crap, as the chapter went on I was expecting the quality of the art to drop a bit (since it was 100+ pages I thought that maybe he'd get a little impatient at the end), but nope, it maintained its absurdly amazing quality until the end. I probably spent more than an hour to read it all, I just kept looking at the details on every single panel, and each and every one of them was simply amazing.

Can't even say anything right now, I'm just in awe and can't think straight. Those four double spread pages in a row, one for each word of Saitama's Punch were just... just... oh my God, just so fucking EPIC. One of the most amazing things I have seen in any manga.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Dec 8, 2017 6:11 PM

Jan 2009
TheDawnBerserker said:
thanks god Murata is the mangaka of this version.

Murata is just doing the drawings while ONE is still doing the story of the manga version just to be clear, source https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1598607

its the same with Eyeshield 21 manga when Murata is just doing the drawings
Dec 9, 2017 9:02 AM
May 2017
Aezeryel said:

Well, we should also account for Elder Centipede's durability, meaning the more durable Elder Centipede was, the more force from the punch would be absorbed by him, thus less damage to the surroundings.

And Boros wasn't durable? A Normal Punch just indented his chest (in his final form). Saitama's over the horizon shockwave with Boros would have at least sent Elder flying into the nearby town. "Serious" just means careful at this point, the names don't signify power levels, just style, as with consecutive Normal punches vs Beast King.
Dec 9, 2017 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
Genos lost again, nothing new there.
Lol, King was a bit too brave.
Dec 10, 2017 12:32 AM

Dec 2014
My man King bout to fuck up them Monster Association.

What a chapter tho!

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your girl

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

16 by shimarei »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 247 Discussion

deg - Feb 21

24 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 246 Discussion

deg - Feb 7

17 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 245 Discussion

deg - Jan 24

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 244 Discussion

deg - Dec 27, 2023

16 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.