Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2018 12:56 PM
Aug 2017
And to weeb that said dragonball is inspired by superman or Disney are the most foolish weeb I seen when its clearly that dragonball is based on journey to the west from china goku=wukong with stick and there is a pig=wulong too foolish
Jan 11, 2018 5:30 PM

Apr 2014
gnuk79_Slayer said:
And to weeb that said dragonball is inspired by superman or Disney are the most foolish weeb I seen when its clearly that dragonball is based on journey to the west from china goku=wukong with stick and there is a pig=wulong too foolish

Goku was inspired by Superman as well. Their origin stories are almost identical.
Jan 11, 2018 5:33 PM

Sep 2017
To be honest, BlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAck Clover is the best shounen AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnime of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAll time. Others mAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy AAAAAAAAAAArgue thAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAt FullmetAAAAAAAAAAAAAAl AAAAAAAAAAAAlchemist: Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAre the best but their opinions are objectively wrong. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAActuAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlly, BlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAck Clover is the best AAAAAAAAAAAAAnime ever mAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAde.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 12, 2018 4:29 AM
Aug 2017
EpsilonX said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

Goku was inspired by Superman as well. Their origin stories are almost identical.
yeah you right that superman has tail,cloud,can become kingkong and about journey to find dragonball, and the origin of superman story about his planet that has been conquered by alien and he has been toss to earth, if you think this is superman origin story you are right congratulations my information has been wrong sorry
gnuk79_SlayerJan 12, 2018 4:34 AM
Jan 12, 2018 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
gnuk79_Slayer said:
yeah you right that superman has tail,cloud,can become kingkong and about journey to find dragonball, and the origin of superman story about his planet that has been conquered by alien and he has been toss to earth, if you think this is superman origin story you are right congratulations my information has been wrong sorry

Their ORIGIN stories. Both are of a super-powerful race, were sent to Earth moments before the destruction of their home planet in an attempt to protect them, and were raised on Earth by humans and lived life as a human until they discovered their true identity. They both also have two names - their original name (kakarot/kal-el) and their human name (goku/clark kent). After that, yeah, it diverges, and the story of DB is inspired by Journey to the West. But Superman is still an inspiration. Don't get all sarcastic with me if you don't know what you're talking about.
ChangeLeopardonJan 12, 2018 6:33 PM
Jan 13, 2018 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
EpsilonX said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

Their ORIGIN stories. Both are of a super-powerful race, were sent to Earth moments before the destruction of their home planet in an attempt to protect them, and were raised on Earth by humans and lived life as a human until they discovered their true identity. They both also have two names - their original name (kakarot/kal-el) and their human name (goku/clark kent). After that, yeah, it diverges, and the story of DB is inspired by Journey to the West. But Superman is still an inspiration. Don't get all sarcastic with me if you don't know what you're talking about.

That's true. Tho isn't Son Goku's myth origin a chinese monkey god? Don't know his name. ^^" Sun-somewhat.
I know where are you coming from, but at least their mythological origin is completely different.

For the typical Shounen tropes: Tropes aren't bad per se. TV tropes also describes them more as story tools and elements, not cliches. I really like some of them and find some of them endearing, if an author puts work and thoughts into them.
Jan 13, 2018 8:18 PM

Apr 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
That's true. Tho isn't Son Goku's myth origin a chinese monkey god? Don't know his name. ^^" Sun-somewhat.
I know where are you coming from, but at least their mythological origin is completely different.

For the typical Shounen tropes: Tropes aren't bad per se. TV tropes also describes them more as story tools and elements, not cliches. I really like some of them and find some of them endearing, if an author puts work and thoughts into them.

Son Goku is based on Son Wukong from Journey to the West, and the story of Dragon Ball is heavily influenced by it as well. The story of how Goku got to Earth is definitely inspired by Superman, however, and they also share other similarities as well (though, those are most likely coincidental) So, the creation origin of Goku is JTTW, but the in-universe origin is totally Superman.
Jan 14, 2018 6:24 PM
Jun 2014
Never made a post or review on this site before, but this one was just bad enough to make me need to vent. I started this because the premise sounded great, a world full of magic users and 1 guy who doesn't, in what looks like a medieval time, which I love.

I just made it 8 minutes into Episode 1... The episode starts out with crying babies for what seems like forever (but really only about 20 seconds of nonstop crying baby sound). Then the entire episode is just the main character screaming so loud and over-exaggerating, in every single scene he's in. The voice actor's voice also sucks, there's that sort of throat rumble while screaming or talking that I can't stand at all.

The main character needs a serious chill-pill, and then maybe I could have been able to tolerate everything else.

----

While writing this, decided to just skip around the rest of the episode and also episode 2, and this was even worse. I landed on 11:40 of ep 2 when the kid is screaming "me! me! me! me! me!" in an ear-piercing high-pitched voice. And still screaming "me me me!" after that.

This is my record for fastest deletion of a show ever.
Mar 17, 2018 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
[quote=gnuk79_Slayer message=53663592]
Apollo_Madao said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:
what do you even know what you talking about gildart based on shank u fool gildarts is based on one of character in rave master mashima hiro previous work if u do not know don't talk to much if u only watching few anime with similarities do u know that before shokugeki no soma there an anime called Mr.ajiko that airing in late 80s there a lot similarities in shonen boruto series complete my rip off the main character of one piece but no one talk about it why from what I seen mizuki clearly rip off to luffy yet no one talk about it what a double standard

First, Mashima worked as an assistant to Oda. I'm not sure, but apparently he even stated Gildarts was based on Shanks as a tribute, I could be wrong though.
Second, are you sure you can understand what you read? Because you seem to be barking to the wrong person.
[/qufans Why does Hiro Mashima’s FAIRY TAIL remind so many people of Eiichiro Oda’s ONE PIECE? Is it because Mashima was once Oda’s assistant?

NO!

Rather, they were both influenced by the great Akira Toriyama, who created Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Z among other things:

According to Mashima’s publisher, Hiro Mashima was not only never Eiichiro Oda’s assistant–he has never served as an assistant to any artist at all. Mashima has pretty much been a superstar from the beginning–and from a startlingly young age. Born in 1977, Mashima has already crammed several careers of comics creation into a short period: 35 volumes of his first blockbuster, Rave Master, the new sensation Fairy Tail, simultaneous with a new series for Kodansha’s Shonen Rival , Monster Hunter.

As it turns out, there’s a much simpler explanation for the resemblance, and it’s one of the biggest forces in manga ever: Akira Toriyama. Eiichiro Oda and Hiro Mashima are both members of a generation who grew up obsessed with Toriyama and all things Dragon Ball , and whose styles were forged by Toriyama worship. Another reminder that even masters like Mashima and Oda started out as the same thing: fans (I hope you understand don't give people the wrong information its make you look stupid)

Just noticed your ego rant, sorry...
Dude, I even said I might be wrong. That's something that have been said by a lot of people in several media. I don't claim to know everything and neither should you (it makes you look stupid).
You keep barking about the Gildarts stuff which was only a small side point on my initial post, then you give an obvious answer in them being influenced by Toriyama, yet... can you tell me who in Dragon Ball/Dr. Slump universe is remotely similar to Gildarts/Shanks? No right? your wiki-searched argument lacks meaning then... :/
If you want a character similar to them, you should take a look on another manga legend: Masami Kurumada... it wouldn't be weird from Oda and Mashima to also be inspired by him though. You welcome :)
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Mar 24, 2018 9:01 PM
Feb 2018
HueyLion said:
Will stur up a long argument?!! Or will only a few Black Clover supporters come and back it up?!

Tune in to find out!
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Battlefront228 said:
Hi all, I've been looking for an outlet to vent my frustration at the show. I'm sorry if what I say is beating a dead horse.

Gonna preempt all of this with a disclaimer: I'm the type that gets suckered into Shounen, and I'm not the type to care about animation quality/music/voice acting unless they are really bad.

To begin, the comparison to other Shounen, specifically Naruto, is evident from episode 1. Here you have the peppy (annoying) protagonist and his cold emotionless rival. Our protagonist's only purpose in life is to gain some arbitrary title and the respect that goes with it, in this case the title of Magic Hokage. Well, if we're being honest there's a second more unique driving force behind our protagonist, the desire to marry a nun (SISTA RIRI!!! KEKKON SHIMASHOU!!!!).

What else do we have? How about some Fairy Tail rip-offs. Not even 10 episodes in we've seen we equivalents to Natsu, Grey, Juvia, Ersa (surprisingly) and arguably Lucy. Not to mention that the Black Bulls is basically the Fairy Tail guild with Cana and Gildarts archetypes (among others). Heck the only thing it's missing is an adorkable talking sidekick (mark my words...soon...).

The show sets up the viewer to have these shows in mind while watching, but when the obvious comparison is made, it's just...bad. I keep getting the feeling that they are trying hard to set something up. They want us to slog through hours of back story until we get to the meat of the issue. Both Naruto and Fairy Tail had relatively simple opening arcs that revolved around action more than it did plot. Most shounen try to familiarize you with the world and it's characters before jumping into the plot, but Black Clover seems to be barreling through all semblance of character development straight into the thick of things.

Few other things. Why do shounen writers thing people like annoying characters? I've pretty much given up on ever completing Naruto because of his immaturity. Naruto is at his best when he doesn't act like a complete a-hole all the time. Asta is unredeemable from his voice to his personality.

Also why does everyone act like they have a stick up their arse? It's not interesting to watch everyone talk about how much better they are because they are rich or because they're older or whatever. I get the whole "rich get richer poor get poorer" motif is a cornerstone of the show, I'm just saying it makes for uninteresting drama.

I'll probably watch it as it comes out, mostly because I need more stuff to watch and it's easy watching, but unless it takes a 180 I don't see this becoming anything but a failed knockoff. As it is it looks more like a Naruto fanfic than a unique title.
And the point of this forum was?
Black Clover rip-off excuse is just another reason for edgelord to jump in the hate bandwagon . LITERALLY AL SHONEN ANIME ARE SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER .
-Fairy Tail a rip-off of One Piece
-MHA is a rip-off of Naruto
-HunterXHunter is a rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho
- Or simply ALL SHONEN IS A RIP-OFF OF DRAGON BALL
This excuse is so dumb that it literrally lost it meaning

But I agree that Black Clover is similar to Fairy Tail . Even Shuiesha admit that it want a version of Kodansha Fairy Tail .
Ok 1. How the hell is Hunter x Hunter a rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho when they're written by the same mangaka, Bleach is more of a YYH rip-off. And 2. Oh Lord, here we go with the "FT is a OP rip-off..."
Mar 27, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2011
Black clover is pretty much only getting shit cause jump and various companies tried desperately to make it the next big thing and its backfired. Jump is more at fault than anyone as their editors showed a clear favoritism similarly to what happened with toriko, the manga has seen virtually no increase in sales since the anime started which is pretty telling of how much its backfiring as almost all jump anime are just glorified manga ads, hence why stuff like shokugeki and hero academia are all on their 3rd season's now despite their anime never selling much, but they advertise a brand that can make money through manga sales and merchandise, black clover just doesnt seem to be succeeding at either despite how hard its being pushed everywhere, especially cause if you think the backlash here in the west is bad, you should venture onto 2chan or other message boards from japan sometime cause black clover is detested

regardless of either shows quality, toriko and black clover is a clear example of the problems that come out of jump's blatant favoritism, you just cant artificially make the next big thing.

Shiroyasha_97 said:

literally no one says that, especially since they are by the same person

EpsilonX said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

What? you do know that....dragonball is just a weird retelling of journey to the west right, superman had nothing to do with it.
JizzyHitlerMar 27, 2018 8:30 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2018 8:25 AM
Jul 2015
I ain't gonna write a "10 things I hate about you" type of essay.

I only know that the MC was a retard that screamed like a stupid fuck all the time. It was so fucking annoying that I wanted to fucking smash his fucking face with concrete steele.

I dropped this anime before the episode 1 even ended
Mar 27, 2018 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Black clover is pretty much only getting shit cause jump and various companies tried desperately to make it the next big thing and its backfired.

It's gaining traction now, the manga is on fire in the past month with it's big moments.
It pretty much gained an entire vocal fanbase in a month.
Mar 27, 2018 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
ichii_1 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Black clover is pretty much only getting shit cause jump and various companies tried desperately to make it the next big thing and its backfired.

It's gaining traction now, the manga is on fire in the past month with it's big moments.
It pretty much gained an entire vocal fanbase in a month.
Thats nothing new though, the manga has always had its small niche of people who support it, thats what nips on 2chan and japanese twitter always bitch about.

The point im more or less getting at, is the anime is failing hard at actually boosting the manga or popularity of it, its kind of introduced it to the west who previously didnt know of it but it really hasn't seemed to found an audience of any real kind even with the benefit of crunchyroll shilling and being on toonami, if anything the crunchyroll users really push back at all the shilling, the manga itself will probably last a very long time going forward cause its got its base to keep it stable, but i dont think it will ever become what jump is desperately trying to make it become, which is their next face. They are probably better of putting their faith in stuff like promised neverland instead which when it gets an anime will probably make a massive splash.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2018 1:43 PM
Feb 2016
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Battlefront228 said:
Hi all, I've been looking for an outlet to vent my frustration at the show. I'm sorry if what I say is beating a dead horse.

Gonna preempt all of this with a disclaimer: I'm the type that gets suckered into Shounen, and I'm not the type to care about animation quality/music/voice acting unless they are really bad.

To begin, the comparison to other Shounen, specifically Naruto, is evident from episode 1. Here you have the peppy (annoying) protagonist and his cold emotionless rival. Our protagonist's only purpose in life is to gain some arbitrary title and the respect that goes with it, in this case the title of Magic Hokage. Well, if we're being honest there's a second more unique driving force behind our protagonist, the desire to marry a nun (SISTA RIRI!!! KEKKON SHIMASHOU!!!!).

What else do we have? How about some Fairy Tail rip-offs. Not even 10 episodes in we've seen we equivalents to Natsu, Grey, Juvia, Ersa (surprisingly) and arguably Lucy. Not to mention that the Black Bulls is basically the Fairy Tail guild with Cana and Gildarts archetypes (among others). Heck the only thing it's missing is an adorkable talking sidekick (mark my words...soon...).

The show sets up the viewer to have these shows in mind while watching, but when the obvious comparison is made, it's just...bad. I keep getting the feeling that they are trying hard to set something up. They want us to slog through hours of back story until we get to the meat of the issue. Both Naruto and Fairy Tail had relatively simple opening arcs that revolved around action more than it did plot. Most shounen try to familiarize you with the world and it's characters before jumping into the plot, but Black Clover seems to be barreling through all semblance of character development straight into the thick of things.

Few other things. Why do shounen writers thing people like annoying characters? I've pretty much given up on ever completing Naruto because of his immaturity. Naruto is at his best when he doesn't act like a complete a-hole all the time. Asta is unredeemable from his voice to his personality.

Also why does everyone act like they have a stick up their arse? It's not interesting to watch everyone talk about how much better they are because they are rich or because they're older or whatever. I get the whole "rich get richer poor get poorer" motif is a cornerstone of the show, I'm just saying it makes for uninteresting drama.

I'll probably watch it as it comes out, mostly because I need more stuff to watch and it's easy watching, but unless it takes a 180 I don't see this becoming anything but a failed knockoff. As it is it looks more like a Naruto fanfic than a unique title.
And the point of this forum was?
Black Clover rip-off excuse is just another reason for edgelord to jump in the hate bandwagon . LITERALLY AL SHONEN ANIME ARE SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER .
-Fairy Tail a rip-off of One Piece
-MHA is a rip-off of Naruto
- Or simply ALL SHONEN IS A RIP-OFF OF DRAGON BALL
This excuse is so dumb that it literrally lost it meaning

But I agree that Black Clover is similar to Fairy Tail . Even Shuiesha admit that it want a version of Kodansha Fairy Tail .

"HunterxHunter is a rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho"
Are you seriously saying that Togashi ripped himself off?
Apr 4, 2021 4:49 AM
Mar 2021
luniz said:
I think I'm gonna drop, I got to about ep 6. There's no depth, characters are totally one dimensional and the magic system seems pretty braindead. I had higher hopes after the first couple episodes but it's been downhill from there.
let's see you say the same thing now
Apr 4, 2021 5:52 AM
Mar 2021
DreamPhreak said:
Never made a post or review on this site before, but this one was just bad enough to make me need to vent. I started this because the premise sounded great, a world full of magic users and 1 guy who doesn't, in what looks like a medieval time, which I love.

I just made it 8 minutes into Episode 1... The episode starts out with crying babies for what seems like forever (but really only about 20 seconds of nonstop crying baby sound). Then the entire episode is just the main character screaming so loud and over-exaggerating, in every single scene he's in. The voice actor's voice also sucks, there's that sort of throat rumble while screaming or talking that I can't stand at all.

The main character needs a serious chill-pill, and then maybe I could have been able to tolerate everything else.

----

While writing this, decided to just skip around the rest of the episode and also episode 2, and this was even worse. I landed on 11:40 of ep 2 when the kid is screaming "me! me! me! me! me!" in an ear-piercing high-pitched voice. And still screaming "me me me!" after that.

This is my record for fastest deletion of a show ever.
Yeah idk maybe actually give it more than 40minutes of a chance or 2 episodes out of the 170 and he stops screaming by ep10, we don't need or care about a review from a guy who hasen't even seen the fricking show it only makes things worse for an anime which is definetly not deserving of so much hate
Apr 4, 2021 5:56 AM
Mar 2021
orario said:

I only know that the MC was a retard that screamed like a stupid fuck all the time. It was so fucking annoying that I wanted to fucking smash his fucking face with concrete steele.

Great another of these guys, I suppose you didn't drop MHA after Deku was constintly btiching and crying in ep1
Apr 4, 2021 9:23 AM
Jun 2014
ShadowKingsama said:
maybe actually give it more than 40minutes of a chance or 2 episodes out of the 170 and he stops screaming by ep10

He stops screaming by ep10? Lmao. That's 9 episodes too many, bud.
Apr 4, 2021 7:32 PM
Mar 2017
ShadowKingsama said:
orario said:

Great another of these guys, I suppose you didn't drop MHA after Deku was constintly btiching and crying in ep1

You’re replying to 3 year old posts. Stop fanboying and accept that the anime was shit quality during its first few cours.
-vitamins-Oct 1, 2023 8:45 AM
Apr 4, 2021 9:48 PM
Dec 2020
luniz said:
I think I'm gonna drop, I got to about ep 6. There's no depth, characters are totally one dimensional and the magic system seems pretty braindead. I had higher hopes after the first couple episodes but it's been downhill from there.

Bro.... Don't... everything gets better... Slowly but steady it gets really better...
Apr 4, 2021 9:56 PM
Dec 2020
Beruang said:
Black Clover is clearly trying too hard to be like Naruto and Fairy Tail.
If you take two average series and try to emulate them, obviously you're going to end up with garbage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um.... No.... Bruh black clover is better than both of em because every character gets depth slow.... The character development, story progression and plot are the driving factors of the series. It also has a well developed antagonist
Apr 5, 2021 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
Your criticism is pretty fucking stupid, but you can just drop it whenever.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 124 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2020

43 by Vindicater »»
Mar 26, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

77 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 24, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

81 by XxDaniplayxX »»
Mar 24, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Black Clover (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

540 by RoxxyRepulsa »»
Mar 23, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 123 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2020

68 by Vindicater »»
Mar 23, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.