3It was OK
10.8%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.4
369 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Momo is so adorable, for an Elite 10 :3

I liked the amount of details focused on the food this episode. The social commentary really put over which ones stood out more.

Megumi's foodgasm was noticable lol. Overall, entertaining episode considering the amount of commentary and foodgasm. I also feel like they stepped up with their music quality this week.
Dec 5, 2017 8:02 AM
Mar 2017
well uhm....... this week is......FANSERVICE EPISODE !
I Love naked loli xD
Megumi too you know, and Erina's funny moment with Isshiki is Gold
Food explanation is show up well and the winner is clear

For anime-only watcher, just stay tune. although the current arc is more intense than before, you can still enjoy it with laugh

9/10
Oira_yukihiraDec 5, 2017 8:46 AM
Dec 5, 2017 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dat character growth from my boy Kurokiba....FUCK YES RYO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK THAT TECHNOLOGY USING FIRE CUNT, FUCK HIS FEMALE FRIEND AND FUCK CENTRAL....Watching these cunts fall one by one will never get old, BRING ON THE NEXT VICTIM

(Both dishes looked hella delicious though, man I wish I had a chef that could make every single last dish in this series for me lol)

Dec 5, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:

FUCK THAT TECHNOLOGY USING FIRE CUNT, FUCK HIS FEMALE FRIEND AND FUCK CENTRAL....Watching these cunts fall one by one will never get old, BRING ON THE NEXT VICTIM

(Both dishes looked hella delicious though, man I wish I had a chef that could make every single last dish in this series for me lol)

Seconded, it's so awesome to see Ryo improve his cooking palette with spices.

Erina was so adorable when she was rocking on the bed. <3
That Isshiki appearance. xD
Dec 5, 2017 10:15 AM
Apr 2009
Goddamn this show makes me so hungry
Dec 5, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Isshiki-senpai casually descending from the ceiling by rope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Overall this was a nice episode. Ryo's dish looked pretty delicious and it's great that side-chracters are getting development. Now I'm hungry.
Dec 5, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
Bye Central filler member.

Can't wait to School Field Trips arc.
Into the Internet!
Dec 5, 2017 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:

FUCK THAT TECHNOLOGY USING FIRE CUNT, FUCK HIS FEMALE FRIEND AND FUCK CENTRAL....Watching these cunts fall one by one will never get old, BRING ON THE NEXT VICTIM!

YESSS THIS WAS ME DURING THE EPISODE!!!

Awesome episode, I love this series! Thank god it’s getting more than 12 episodes
Also!!!!!! Still wondering how a 16-17 year old child got a fucking face tattoo....
I only like when Alice uses new technology because shes cool, and cute :)
UrbanJahtsDec 5, 2017 10:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 10:49 AM

Sep 2017
Hisako at the end xd , last 7 seconds
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 11:01 AM
Sep 2016
Tokoya said:

Couldn't agree more...awesome episode as always, cant wait for the next one...Cool moment with erina and ishiki....also megumi and momo foodgasm ftw!
Ansmessi007Dec 5, 2017 11:05 AM
Dec 5, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Ishiki senpai scaring Nakiri was like the funniest... I like how Ryo improved alot of his cooking and beat the hell out of that elite rookie flame boy!!
Dec 5, 2017 11:06 AM
Aug 2017
"Your salmon might as well be frozen in front of me'' - Kurokiba

I lol'd here.
Dec 5, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Another good episode. Took too many screenshots. X3
Dec 5, 2017 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
As much as I love this series, I can't say I enjoyed this episode much. I guess what I really want to see - above anything else - is solid development and good character interaction.

The way things were going, I thought the battle was just a way to properly introduce that central dude, who was going to beat Ryou and face Souma in the near future. But at the end of the day, not even that is going to happen.

At the end of the day, we just got a mere glimpse of the stagiaire arc to understand its impact on Ryou's cooking and that's it. I feel they made that scene too short and didn't explore its potential very wel, because I couldn't really feel it.

Like someone else said, this central guy was basically a filler. I feel this cooking battle got too much screen time and unnecessary attention for a situation where the MC wasn't even involved and the other guy could very well vanish from the series.

Not saying it was a bad episode, but it didn't make me laugh as some other episodes and felt pointless to spend so much time on it.
(Erina moving in bed was the cutest thing though. Her reaction to Isshiki was pretty funny as well, too bad she didn't appear again in the episode after that.)
FlamepriesTDec 5, 2017 11:20 AM
Dec 5, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2015
That FanService at the end tho
Dec 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2016
Kurokiba's UMAMI dish have more UMAMI than Kusunoki's UMAMI dish's UMAMI. will Kusunoki's UMAMI dish win if his UMAMI dish have more UMAMI than Kurokiba's UMAMI dish's UMAMI?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 5, 2017 11:37 AM
Jan 2015
Damn Kurokiba went full Bakugou in the end lol. same VA, short-tempered and explosive. Also Kusunoki's hot and cold salmon dish makes him Todoroki ice and fire... SHOKUGEKI NO HERO ACADEMIA ANYONE?
Dec 5, 2017 11:58 AM

Mar 2015
Didn't notice the drop in quality in the previous eps but could totally tell in the episode with the old guy that looks like yoda.

Erina scene was funny gold.
Dec 5, 2017 12:07 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Too much time for this battle, expected outcome but 1 full episode to show Kiba growth is way too much and the other guy wasn't even interesting
Dec 5, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
Heat vs Umami blending
Both dish look good and lots of explanation, ryo powers up from all his stagaire and battles.
Dec 5, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
An expected outcome, but it was still nice to see that Central fodder jackass get his ass kicked. Idk if it was worth taking up an entire episode for just this one Shokugeki, but whatever, the result was satisfying and both dishes looked amazing. Ryo really has improved considerably since the Autumn Election.

Lol at Isshiki just casually hanging out in the ceiling. That was weird but hilarious (the only thing that could have made that weirder was if he was naked up there).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2016
More or less easy win for the new Kurokiba.

Stark700 said:
[b]Momo is so adorable, for an Elite 10 :3

Yeah she is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2017 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
Both dishes look really delicious and the added fanservice shot with Momo and Megumi down to their undies was a nice treat though. =P

Still, I'm glad that Kurokiba won this shokugeki. Predictable it might've been, one thing that can't be denied is Kurokiba's character growth between the Autumn Elections and now. His inspiration in using spices in his dish came from his Stagaire location that dealt with spices all the time.

Plus, seeing Rentaro getting put in his place was satisfying indeed. =3

Not to forget, Isshiki giving Erina one hell of a shock by his ceiling appearance made me laugh. XD

Looking forward to the next episode, especially with the tease of Hisako by the episode title. =)
Dec 5, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
As someone who loves to cook, I found this episode to be terrific because of all the information and details we got
Dec 5, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
Ravioli Ravioli don't lewd the cooking loli

Dec 5, 2017 1:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good ole Shokugeki!

Badass episode, i'm actually liking Rentaro and his antics. Kurokiba showed him though who's boss once again, he elevated his cooking to another level!
Dec 5, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2015
GangsterCat said:
Kurokiba's UMAMI dish have more UMAMI than Kusunoki's UMAMI dish's UMAMI. will Kusunoki's UMAMI dish win if his UMAMI dish have more UMAMI than Kurokiba's UMAMI dish's UMAMI?

Keep complaining about nothing.

Dec 5, 2017 1:47 PM
Jun 2017
1 episode was more befitting to this shokugeki than souma vs eizan. Here, the explanations about the food were more detailed and interesting. It is a shame because in the manga, there was much more emphasis put into the main ingredient of the souma vs eizan shokugeki, but it seems that they needed to wrap it up in just one episode and had to cut a lot of scenes. As a result, however, I felt this shokugeki to be better executed than the souma vs eizan one (which was not the case in the manga).

By the way, I do not know why people insist that this season is 24 episodes. Nothing has been confirmed and for manga readers, it is very clear to choose the best point to stop, which can be achieved in 13 episodes. If they keep going (and with this fast pace) they will catch up to the manga without a doubt.
Dec 5, 2017 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
I’m so happy to see Kurokiba bearing that central idiot.

Funny seeing Isshiki casually appearing from the ceiling.

Dat end card tho!
Dec 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2015
etanewjhgAFSD OMG this episode was great.
I wanted Kurokiba to win so yay. Though seems stupid to hype this guy up and have him defeated so quickly. However in turn it was also the exactly the same reason why I thought they wouldn't. The fact they hype him up just to say it wasn't him was funny.
That spice thing too, lol he learned from his defeat. Very nice touch.

Also now I know why every time I mix the sauce on my rice it isn't that good. I was quite puzzled and try to add more but it didn't help at all. But when its not mixed its really good. Yet there are areas with no sauce which is saddening but when I mix it so they all have that sauce, it isn't as good. Goddamn it!
Now I know... Now I know...

I still feel like they probably should of included Kurokiba's stagiare arc so that it could be used as a hint for this episode. Would of made this a lot more interesting that it went back to older materials that we have seen. Not just telling us 'oh yea that happened so that's why.'
zcv45Dec 5, 2017 2:04 PM
Dec 5, 2017 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
More than half of the episode wasted on ingredient and food explanations, gimme a break...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 5, 2017 2:14 PM
Mar 2016
GangsterCat said:

you definitely never cooking
even didnt know what is umami
and never want to learn about it
just gugel it

So they make Erina deep thinking scene with NOTHING to think
SO MUCH WORSE
NdanHMDec 5, 2017 2:18 PM
Dec 5, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
Did this episode really spend its entire time explaining the winner... lol. I gueeeesssss..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Sep 2016
Hamudanu said:
GangsterCat said:

you definitely never cooking
even didnt know what is umami
and never want to learn about it
just gugel it

So they make Erina deep thinking scene with NOTHING to think
SO MUCH WORSE
pffft my salmon umami is far better than kurokiba and rentaro umami, mr.chef

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 5, 2017 2:45 PM
Oct 2017
This episode was honestly pretty meh, not gonna say it was bad (it was def above average), but it wasn't EXEMPLARY

not a huge momo or megumin fan so the fanservice was just whatever...

here's my breakdown and thoughts on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXxDJDiEKQ
Dec 5, 2017 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
That's my boy Ryou
Dec 5, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
Erina rocking on the bed was super adorable! Ryo showed us what he does best, master of seafood! The fanservice for best girl Megumi was so good!
Dec 5, 2017 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
It was satisfying seeing Kurokiba win the Shokugeki.

Isshiki's ceiling appearance was funny.

Dec 5, 2017 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
FireFistYK said:
As someone who loves to cook, I found this episode to be terrific because of all the information and details we got
yeah same here especially cause salmon is one of my favorite foods.

I absolutly want ryo's dish

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 5, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
lol I like how Momo looked annoyed as Alice was explaining the details to Souma. The scene with Erina sitting on the bed hugging the pillow just tilting back and forth was cute. Afterwards, her reaction to ceiling Isshiki was hilarious.

As for the Shokugeki match, Ryo has proven himself how much he changed since the Autumn Election and how he was able to improve his cooking skills from his Stagiare in an Indian Restaurant.

Those salmon dishes looked so delicious since it's my favorite fish to eat.

Credit to Hihanteki
Dec 5, 2017 3:52 PM
May 2017
hmmmmmmmmmm... :3
Dec 5, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
i'm so confused by the people annoyed by the explanations at this point like for real.

both dishes looked real good and i had a hard time picking which one was best but i had even challenge comprehending Ren's dish reminded me of Alice using all that Tech ,knowledge was lacking on cooking with salmon so it was interesting.

Erina was cute af before she got scared lol
Dec 5, 2017 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
Rather boring episode, or should I say pretty average. There were some nice parts with Erina and Kurokiba's stagiere but it lacked any chracter developement and it moved the anime nowhere.

Kusunoki was basically just another throwaway opponent, didn't like him much.
Dec 5, 2017 4:56 PM

Apr 2016
really reminded me of the old days of Food Wars!
they brought back the ecchi too it seems LOL
Dec 5, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2016
A lot of people are talking about me :o

It's a decent episode I guess~ The food is beautiful as usual :3

The only thing that I found lacking is the tension.
I think it's too obvious to see who'd win at every battle on Shokugeki no Soma if they made it like that. I still enjoyed it though~
Dec 5, 2017 6:44 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Kurokiba in the end wins against Rentaro and man their dishes looked so good. Also glad the fan service was less tame this episode which is always good imo.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 5, 2017 6:54 PM

Oct 2017
Ehh... this was,,, okay, I guess!! Doesn't hold a candle to the episode 8!!

Maybe its because I was hoping for a lot to happen.... and they just focused on one shokugeki.... and made it predictable!!

RyouHayato said:
A lot of people are talking about me :o

Haha, took me a while to understand what you meant, lol!!

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Dec 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Oct 2014
im so glad kurokiba won.

now the central have a huge challenge ahead of them.
Dec 5, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2014
bye2 central side character, it's nice to see your ass beaten.

I wonder if the studio actually planned to animate the scene where azami visit the polar star dormitory. it's an important scene where Erina reveal Souma dad after all.
Dec 5, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2015
Not so good, just "okay" way to shut Kusunoki's mouth for all that blabbering even more than the judge does.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.