Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
The bird is by far the best character in this anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 5, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good episode with a solid fight. I'm really liking Magna which is not what I expected after first meeting him. Also, Yuno's squad are up to no good, which I guess is because they're the douche bag royalty and all that.
Dec 5, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2017
Finally. The animation was really cranked up a notch.

Although the episode, overall, was very anticlimactic, the fight didn't really get me absorbed... And the end scene with the bird and Asta was really cringe, the humour of it was too forced
Dec 5, 2017 4:15 PM
Jun 2017
TheFreycook said:
This was a pretty solid episode but I got a question! Is Asta's sword purposely dull because he both jabbed the bad guy, causing him to cough up blood not actually stabbing him, and then we he finished him off with a slash it more sounded and looked like he just hit him with the side of the sword rather than cut him. What's up with that?

It's a world where everyone uses magic. They probrably don't know a sword isn't suposed do be dull...
Dec 5, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2008
okay...Asta and the others black bulls defeated the ice villain...how generic.
3/5.

Dec 5, 2017 4:37 PM

Feb 2017
Oh so the old sword-magic guy really die. From the previous episode's preview, it looks like he died, but it was just a flashback. The episode was enjoyable overall.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 5, 2017 4:38 PM

Feb 2017
TheFreycook said:
This was a pretty solid episode but I got a question! Is Asta's sword purposely dull because he both jabbed the bad guy, causing him to cough up blood not actually stabbing him, and then we he finished him off with a slash it more sounded and looked like he just hit him with the side of the sword rather than cut him. What's up with that?

I'm guessing that it only deals blunt damage rather than actual sword damage.

Unrelated but you posted the same thing twice.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 5, 2017 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed the little progress with Noe and Mangna he is easily becoming a favorite character I think. Asta straight up going ham with that weapon of his, bet it feels like getting hit with a brick more then being cut.Heath's shoulder is Shattered no doubt.
Dec 5, 2017 6:07 PM

Nov 2014
This 2 episode really reminded me of that Naruto bridge arc where they fought Zabuza and Haku, am i the only one? like the setup is so similar
Dec 5, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
If it's delinquents then of course it's baseball that saves the day.
Dec 5, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2016
Shreeder4092 said:
TheFreycook said:

Unrelated but you posted the same thing twice.
Thanks don't know how I posted it twice but whatever lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 5, 2017 6:54 PM
Aug 2015
Just reading the comments once more....
TheFreycook said:
It's an anti-magic sword, so it can only used to cut/slash magic.
Shreeder4092 said:

Yes, you are right. Especially when it used to cut anything that aren't magic.
Dec 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Feb 2017
renzospark said:
Just reading the comments once more....
TheFreycook said:
It's an anti-magic sword, so it can only used to cut/slash magic.
Shreeder4092 said:

Yes, you are right. Especially when it used to cut anything that aren't magic.

Ah so I was right. Ty.
Dec 5, 2017 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
"but sometimes, new spells can come from a change in emotional state, or gaining new resolve" --oh, why yes, thank you for being open and honest about the bullshit you plan to use for future plot mechanics.
Dec 5, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, one clean hit from a greatsword that big is no doubt an absolute finisher for the head thug.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 6, 2017 1:04 AM

Jun 2016
I was so scared that Magna might die this episode. Glad he didn't. Gaaah. This freaking show. ;-; The old man was so proud of you, Magna. Sad that the old man died, but he died happy. Idk anymore. RIP, old man.

Yaay to Noelle for finally managing to control her powers (kinda). Without her powers, I don't think the villagers, Asta, and Magna will make it alive. Love her being a tsundere. Haha.

Yep, those assholes died without us knowing what their motive really was. Fucking cowards. Wanna know behind that "MASTER" they're referring to and seems like the stone the old man's been holding onto is crucial to awaken that "MASTER".

That weird ass bird. Haha. Noelle, please wear some glasses. That bird ain't cute. Hahaha. Of course, Asta will get along with that weird ass bird. Hahaha. His screams I s2g, I love it now.

CAN WE HAVE YUNO NEXT EPISODE, ONEGAAAAI? ;-; No? Goddamnit.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 6, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2014
Paul said:
Infamous lines from all standard battle anime antagonists.

The cliche of shonen anime... always a joy to see those lines
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 6, 2017 3:24 AM
Dec 2016
This episode was much much better, Asta was good like always.

Noel finally mastered one spell. Magna was really cool.

All the episodes need to be like this, no filler and get done with the story.
Dec 6, 2017 4:37 AM
May 2015
Great eps!. Cant w8 for next arc!.....
Dec 6, 2017 5:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So as a mage's attitude matures their grimoires also learn new spells then. Interesting how the grimoires are linked to a mage's mental development though. But Heath though really is powerful and menacing as well. Magma and Asta's teamwork though was really impressive. But its nice that the fight against these evil mages is finally over. Noelle's praise towards Magma and Asta though was hilarious. Neolle's opinion of Asta really has changed after this battle huh. To think that Heath and his men will commit magic suicide though. The elder will greatly be missed by the village but by Nick the most though. Hopefully Nick will be able to become a magic knight in the future and live up to his gran's wishes though. Looks like this is only the first of the strikes that the cult will unleash though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 7:04 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far.

So people can get killed in black clover. Also, we finally see the real villains at the end

I hope the score get higher. I can't believe fairy tail got over 8 score, while this is only 6.6 !!! Fairy tail is insanely overrated. Black Clover deserve over 7 score at least
thepathDec 6, 2017 7:07 AM
Dec 6, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
Fight was cool. The best so far.
Dec 6, 2017 11:40 AM
Oct 2007
For the first time I actually enjoyed this episode without any pausing despite its many flaws.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
I consider to drop this anime but like Silva's character. Will she get much focus in the next coming arcs? any manga reader out there who knows?
Dec 6, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2016
PsychologyM said:
I consider to drop this anime but like Silva's character. Will she get much focus in the next coming arcs? any manga reader out there who knows?

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her fully controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.
HyperLDec 6, 2017 12:49 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 6, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:
PsychologyM said:

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.

I see. No arcs focused on her and her family?
Dec 6, 2017 1:05 PM

May 2016
PsychologyM said:
HyperL said:

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.

I see. No arcs focused on her and her family?

You see some of her siblings, mainly the leader of the Silver Eagles, a couple of times, but even in the manga there's no arc that revolves around them yet.

Doesn't mean her development is done though. She's slowly proving her worth her siblings, and there are hints that more Silva related stuff may happen in the future.
HyperLDec 6, 2017 1:09 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 6, 2017 1:37 PM

Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
The bird is by far the best character in this anime.

heck yeah! anti bird or whatever its called? I personally call it "the chubby bird" so original i know.
Dec 7, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
Asta is really strong..hmm but yuno is stronger... I hope yuno also join the bulls but I guess this will not happen
Dec 7, 2017 12:33 PM
Aug 2017
Everyone is too quick in assuming Golden Dawn are bad guys. No they are not. Some Golden Dawn members are pretty likable and Yuno won't transfer to the Black Bull.
Dec 7, 2017 1:17 PM

May 2016
Himawari9 said:
Everyone is too quick in assuming Golden Dawn are bad guys. No they are not. Some Golden Dawn members are pretty likable and Yuno won't transfer to the Black Bull.

Uh, hello? Spoilers dude, let them think what they want until they see it themselves.
Dec 7, 2017 1:51 PM
Aug 2013
so this might be a weird question but it's the only thing that really concerns me about this episode:
Who is voicing that strange dude with the golden dawn robe?

like, the fight was more or less predictable and i wouldn't mind seeing yuno again now but that unknown dude at the end got me quite curious as to who he is and what he's planning though i have an idea of what his goal might be ...
still the one thing that got me the most curious is who his seiyuu is because that voice feels extremely familiar but i can't remember where i've heard it before and it honestly annoys the hell out of me right now
Dec 7, 2017 2:26 PM
Jan 2016
I'm not even watching this anime ironically anymore. I legitimately like it. I started watching it with my brother (as is the tradition in my household with all Shonen anime that isn't MHA), and we both have a blast every week.
About the episode, Asta's cool as always. I love watching him bludgeon the shit out of people with his big-ass sword.
Also, pleasantly surprised to see death in this anime. The three(?) Ice dudes legit killed themselves in the plaza, and contrary to what I believed would happen, old man Seyhe stayed dead.
KababiDec 7, 2017 2:35 PM
Dec 7, 2017 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was ok. The series was getting better right before Young Thottie showed up and now ever since she's been in EVERY episode, I've been liking Black Clover less and less. Can they please remove her from the main line up and put her on the bench for a while? She's irritating asf and frankly this team would function much better without her arrogant remarks. Put Yami on the front seat or that sexy chick with the underwear, just PLEASE, anybody other than Hoelle Young Thot.

Hated the generic ending. Felt like I'd seen it a million times before. Asta was more brave and, dare I say, sexy this episode. I love when a shounen hero stands up and fights against all odds. That's why I'm enjoying this show so much. Asta's pulling the FULL weight on his shoulders. Lord PLEASE bless this boy. Amen.
Dec 7, 2017 4:14 PM
Aug 2017
HyperL said:
Himawari9 said:

Uh, hello? Spoilers dude, let them think what they want until they see it themselves.

Which part is spoiler? When I reach that part in the manga, there is no one think the Golden Dawn is the bad guys. Everyone in the comment section just guess there is a traitor. And there is no way a squad transfer gonna happen.
Dec 7, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2016
Himawari9 said:
HyperL said:

Which part is spoiler? When I reach that part in the manga, there is no one think the Golden Dawn is the bad guys. Everyone in the comment section just guess there is a traitor. And there is no way a squad transfer gonna happen.

What spoilers? It's spoilers to disconfirm people's assumptions. Let them watch thinking what they want and discover the truth for themselves.

As of now in the anime there's no evidence confirming or disconfirming the Golden Dawn is evil or not, so people can guess what they want based on what the anime showed.
Dec 8, 2017 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
YunaKun said:
so this might be a weird question but it's the only thing that really concerns me about this episode:
Who is voicing that strange dude with the golden dawn robe?
If my ears were right, I think it was Takahiro Sakurai.
Dec 8, 2017 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope that Noelle won't change for 180 degree characterwise - I like that bitchy behavior of hers XD -, but glad for her power development. ^^
Dec 8, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
I can't believe it's episode 10 already, since nothing much has happened.
Dec 8, 2017 4:04 PM

Aug 2015
Asta didn't like the suicide of the villains, but he isn't a suicidal idiot too? Since when does fire have an advantage against water? And that Asta's sword isn't sharp? Weak battles. And finally, they still put false hopes on Nick. So disappointing, I hate shounen. Interestingly, Noelle was finally able to control her powers, focusing not on attacks, but on defense. What is that magic stone?
Dec 8, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2016
Jalter said:
Since when does fire have an advantage against water?

It's not water, ice my man. Fire is stronger than ice. Don't you know Pokemon?
Dec 8, 2017 5:07 PM
Dec 2017
I think it perfectly fine episode.
Dec 8, 2017 5:16 PM

Aug 2015
HyperL said:
Jalter said:
Since when does fire have an advantage against water?

It's not water, ice my man. Fire is stronger than ice. Don't you know Pokemon?

Sorry dude, but in the portuguese subtitle is saying that it's water, so I thought strange. Maybe is a translation error.
Dec 9, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2017
Nice episodes and what's up with that bird ,also now I'm getting more and more used to asta's voice as episodes pass by
Dec 9, 2017 9:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, in this you are OK, but Asta i am sure that will give other surprises...he needs to evolve still!!
Dec 9, 2017 4:23 PM
Dec 2015
The story is enjoyable, but man are there some flaws. Watching last episodes preview did anyone think that the old man was coming back? in the preview it had him alive, so that's what I thought, found it weird that he wasn't and I didn't even mourn him right. I think that sometimes it takes the comedy bit too far to where its not funny, Magna sliding on the floor when he found Asta sleeping. I get why the flashback is there, but felt as if it could have been timed better. Well the story is fun so i keep watching.

Dec 10, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2015
Hmm a bit dragged out to be honest. It was okay for the most part. Gotta hand it to shounens though, the bodies are impenetrable aside from the bodies releasing blood when struck :c
Dec 10, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
So far I've been watching Natsu and Naruto's love child with usual tsundere sidekick. And now I see the philosopher's stone and some transmutation circles? xDD JK.
What I want to say is that the anime is still fucking stereotypical shounen. And not stereotypical like Naruto or Bleach. No! The main problem is that I see these shounen elements and literally nothing else. Like they make it shounen-like just to be shounen-like. I know this doesn't make any sence but... nah, kinda frustrating.
Dec 12, 2017 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
Asta & Magna combo was cool, Asta may be annoying from time to time but I also guess he can be a good protagonist for a younger audience. There's mystery and we're starting to have a good group of main characters. I'm liking where this is going.
Dec 13, 2017 1:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The "petit clover" after ending was funniest!!!
And teh won was the bird!!!kekeke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.