3It was OK
16.7%
2Disliked it
4.9%
1Hated it
4.7%
Average 4.0
532 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2017 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Asta is really trying to go all out on proving himself to the world. Typical of him.

However, what caught my attention more this episode is Magna's attitude. Eh, the action was okay although predictable by the outcome of the fight. Magna's VA played his role well though especially with a personality like him.

Black Bull's mission, accomplished! Noel also showed a kinder side of herself to a younger girl ;o

Dec 5, 2017 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
That was a good episode and much better than the previous ones. The pacing was great and the filler was also not there just to pad the episode but to give more backstory and characterization for Magna. It really improved his character compared to the manga in my opinion.

Also Magna's final attack looked so cool.
Dec 5, 2017 5:27 AM

May 2016
Finally, a more than decent episode, and best episode to date too.

We get explanation for how Grimoirs work and Noelle's power up + Decent conclusion to the fight that is not just Fairy Tail bullshit + Some hints at the bigger plot that lurks within the series.

As a manga reader, I'm glad this episode showed a bit more the strengths of the series. It's a shame that it took 10 whole episode for it though.

Only problem was that scene repetition mid episode.
HyperLDec 5, 2017 5:51 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 5, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
Better episode than the last one, the fight scenes were a bit better, it fleshed out Magna and the arc concluded in a fine way. If I have to criticize something, would be the recap and the fact they repeated the scene before the break to extend the episode, but, well, it could be worse (coughToeicough).
Somehow, I didn't realized the old man was killed by Heath Grice the last episode, I thought he was just unconscious or that he was going to be saved at the end, but, no, he actually died... I was actually surprised.

Heath sure has balls to kill himself. Judging by how he was pleading Asta to not defeat him, I thought he would be a coward.
Btw, is noticeable to say the hooded dude at the end has the same sigil than the Golden Dawn (the kight order led by that knight with the mask). Maybe there is a conspiration in the kingdom after all...
Dec 5, 2017 6:48 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad they adapted the rest of the fight in this episode instead of dragging things out longer. This episode shows that the anime flows much better when they adapt multiple chapters, rather than dragging out a single chapter for 20 minutes with half of it being filler. There needs to be more episodes like this one, there's more than enough source material to work with.

Decent conclusion to this fight with Asta and Magna reusing the technique from Asta's initiation. Heath and his lackeys killed themselves to avoid having to spill their secrets, and the one who escaped was shown speaking to a mystery man from the Golden Dawn. That scene looks like it'll be the beginning of the overall plot of the series.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2017 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
The fight was great, too bad that those guys sacrificed themselves.
They want to resurrect someone, that's cool.
Lol, Noelle likes that bird.
Dec 5, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely one of the better adapted episodes.

The show feels much better when they're adapting multiple chapters and not wasting time on filler.

Was nice to see Asta's actions riling up Magna and Noelle seems to have a better opinion of him now as well.
Dec 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
This was a decent episode. It concluded things good. Magna was given a great character arc. His final move against Heath was pretty cool. Heath and his comrades killed themselves before they could say anything and Asta got really mad. The last scene is interesting.
Dec 5, 2017 8:04 AM

Mar 2016
Oof....

The fighT was much better then last episode!
Enjoyable to watch! Noel is all happy with her new spell and stuff :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
now many question are popped in my head.
what is that stone? is that "one of a kind in the world, that once collected, can granted any wish" thing? something like that?

I see, there's a rat in Magic knights that try to ressurect some dead leader/captain. and it's from Golden Dawn.
Dec 5, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
It was alright but still a little stretched out.
Everyone pulling through and heath killing himself and his men so no info leaks.
The anti bird is a rebel too and sticking to asta.
Dec 5, 2017 10:43 AM
Aug 2015
Great episode. It improved Magna's characterization. Loved how they use their training methods to defeat the enemies. Noelle started to appreciate Asta. Magna & Asta gave the courage to the boy, quite emotional since they had been in the same position with the boy. Last scene showed one of Heath's allies reporting to their leader, who surprisingly wears a Golden Dawn robe.
Dec 5, 2017 11:04 AM
Nov 2016
The fight scenes were okay-ish and the animation was pretty good too.

We also got our first look at Licht at the end... I think it was him, not sure though
Dec 5, 2017 11:31 AM
Mar 2016
So those guys were looking for that Magical stone that the bird is holding in it's beak.....So does those Ice Guys belong to Yuno's guild?????

And will Yuno transfer to the black bulls????
Dec 5, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
Finally a good episode i was thinking and then the repeating scene in the middle part ruined the mood, kinda. Still good/decent episode, probably much better than all previous episodes. Pretty funny to hear Noelle's thoughts, not really like how the comedy is shown overall and the last part petit clover is just weird ...
Dec 5, 2017 1:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Happy end...or not? xD
Dec 5, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
So I guess that initiation from the other episode had a purpose.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 5, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
Infamous lines from all standard battle anime antagonists.

Dec 5, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2016
This was a pretty solid episode but I got a question! Is Asta's sword purposely dull because he both jabbed the bad guy, causing him to cough up blood not actually stabbing him, and then we he finished him off with a slash it more sounded and looked like he just hit him with the side of the sword rather than cut him. What's up with that?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode,the plot is finally moving forward.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
The bird is by far the best character in this anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 5, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good episode with a solid fight. I'm really liking Magna which is not what I expected after first meeting him. Also, Yuno's squad are up to no good, which I guess is because they're the douche bag royalty and all that.
Dec 5, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2017
Finally. The animation was really cranked up a notch.

Although the episode, overall, was very anticlimactic, the fight didn't really get me absorbed... And the end scene with the bird and Asta was really cringe, the humour of it was too forced
Dec 5, 2017 4:15 PM
Jun 2017
TheFreycook said:
This was a pretty solid episode but I got a question! Is Asta's sword purposely dull because he both jabbed the bad guy, causing him to cough up blood not actually stabbing him, and then we he finished him off with a slash it more sounded and looked like he just hit him with the side of the sword rather than cut him. What's up with that?

It's a world where everyone uses magic. They probrably don't know a sword isn't suposed do be dull...
Dec 5, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2008
okay...Asta and the others black bulls defeated the ice villain...how generic.
3/5.

Dec 5, 2017 4:37 PM

Feb 2017
Oh so the old sword-magic guy really die. From the previous episode's preview, it looks like he died, but it was just a flashback. The episode was enjoyable overall.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 5, 2017 4:38 PM

Feb 2017
TheFreycook said:

I'm guessing that it only deals blunt damage rather than actual sword damage.

Unrelated but you posted the same thing twice.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 5, 2017 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed the little progress with Noe and Mangna he is easily becoming a favorite character I think. Asta straight up going ham with that weapon of his, bet it feels like getting hit with a brick more then being cut.Heath's shoulder is Shattered no doubt.
Dec 5, 2017 6:07 PM

Nov 2014
This 2 episode really reminded me of that Naruto bridge arc where they fought Zabuza and Haku, am i the only one? like the setup is so similar
Dec 5, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
If it's delinquents then of course it's baseball that saves the day.
Dec 5, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2016
Shreeder4092 said:
TheFreycook said:

Unrelated but you posted the same thing twice.
Thanks don't know how I posted it twice but whatever lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 5, 2017 6:54 PM
Aug 2015
Just reading the comments once more....
TheFreycook said:
It's an anti-magic sword, so it can only used to cut/slash magic.
Shreeder4092 said:

Yes, you are right. Especially when it used to cut anything that aren't magic.
Dec 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Feb 2017
renzospark said:
Just reading the comments once more....
TheFreycook said:
It's an anti-magic sword, so it can only used to cut/slash magic.
Shreeder4092 said:

Yes, you are right. Especially when it used to cut anything that aren't magic.

Ah so I was right. Ty.
Dec 5, 2017 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
"but sometimes, new spells can come from a change in emotional state, or gaining new resolve" --oh, why yes, thank you for being open and honest about the bullshit you plan to use for future plot mechanics.
Dec 5, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, one clean hit from a greatsword that big is no doubt an absolute finisher for the head thug.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 6, 2017 1:04 AM

Jun 2016
I was so scared that Magna might die this episode. Glad he didn't. Gaaah. This freaking show. ;-; The old man was so proud of you, Magna. Sad that the old man died, but he died happy. Idk anymore. RIP, old man.

Yaay to Noelle for finally managing to control her powers (kinda). Without her powers, I don't think the villagers, Asta, and Magna will make it alive. Love her being a tsundere. Haha.

Yep, those assholes died without us knowing what their motive really was. Fucking cowards. Wanna know behind that "MASTER" they're referring to and seems like the stone the old man's been holding onto is crucial to awaken that "MASTER".

That weird ass bird. Haha. Noelle, please wear some glasses. That bird ain't cute. Hahaha. Of course, Asta will get along with that weird ass bird. Hahaha. His screams I s2g, I love it now.

CAN WE HAVE YUNO NEXT EPISODE, ONEGAAAAI? ;-; No? Goddamnit.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 6, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2014
Paul said:
Infamous lines from all standard battle anime antagonists.

The cliche of shonen anime... always a joy to see those lines
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 6, 2017 3:24 AM
Dec 2016
This episode was much much better, Asta was good like always.

Noel finally mastered one spell. Magna was really cool.

All the episodes need to be like this, no filler and get done with the story.
Dec 6, 2017 4:37 AM
May 2015
Great eps!. Cant w8 for next arc!.....
Dec 6, 2017 5:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So as a mage's attitude matures their grimoires also learn new spells then. Interesting how the grimoires are linked to a mage's mental development though. But Heath though really is powerful and menacing as well. Magma and Asta's teamwork though was really impressive. But its nice that the fight against these evil mages is finally over. Noelle's praise towards Magma and Asta though was hilarious. Neolle's opinion of Asta really has changed after this battle huh. To think that Heath and his men will commit magic suicide though. The elder will greatly be missed by the village but by Nick the most though. Hopefully Nick will be able to become a magic knight in the future and live up to his gran's wishes though. Looks like this is only the first of the strikes that the cult will unleash though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 7:04 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far.

So people can get killed in black clover. Also, we finally see the real villains at the end

I hope the score get higher. I can't believe fairy tail got over 8 score, while this is only 6.6 !!! Fairy tail is insanely overrated. Black Clover deserve over 7 score at least
thepathDec 6, 2017 7:07 AM
Dec 6, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
Fight was cool. The best so far.
Dec 6, 2017 11:40 AM
Oct 2007
For the first time I actually enjoyed this episode without any pausing despite its many flaws.
Dec 6, 2017 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
I consider to drop this anime but like Silva's character. Will she get much focus in the next coming arcs? any manga reader out there who knows?
Dec 6, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2016
PsychologyM said:
I consider to drop this anime but like Silva's character. Will she get much focus in the next coming arcs? any manga reader out there who knows?

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her fully controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.
HyperLDec 6, 2017 12:49 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 6, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:
PsychologyM said:

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.

I see. No arcs focused on her and her family?
Dec 6, 2017 1:05 PM

May 2016
PsychologyM said:
HyperL said:

Well, she's present in most Arcs and her water barrier spell is always useful, but unless the anime starts adapting at least 1.6 chapters non-stop from now on, you will not see her controlling her magic nor using new spells this season.

I see. No arcs focused on her and her family?

You see some of her siblings, mainly the leader of the Silver Eagles, a couple of times, but even in the manga there's no arc that revolves around them yet.

Doesn't mean her development is done though. She's slowly proving her worth her siblings, and there are hints that more Silva related stuff may happen in the future.
HyperLDec 6, 2017 1:09 PM
Dec 6, 2017 1:37 PM

Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
The bird is by far the best character in this anime.

heck yeah! anti bird or whatever its called? I personally call it "the chubby bird" so original i know.
Dec 7, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
Asta is really strong..hmm but yuno is stronger... I hope yuno also join the bulls but I guess this will not happen
Dec 7, 2017 12:33 PM
Aug 2017
Everyone is too quick in assuming Golden Dawn are bad guys. No they are not. Some Golden Dawn members are pretty likable and Yuno won't transfer to the Black Bull.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

342 by anikevin »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Nov 10, 2020

89 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 11, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

91 by Zedz_c »»
Apr 10, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

139 by phantom346 »»
Apr 9, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.