Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2017 6:17 AM

Jun 2012
Quite an amusing novel, the narrative is good so far and the adjective-descriptively details are captivating enough....Like this Like this Like this.... I Like that.

To my surprise, I've really got no idea how to play shogi and only over familiar with chess so it took more time for me to read and re-read those parts about the game and getting myself naturally eager to learn the play style along the time. To quote Char referencing Naruto, I'm now interested to play Shogi because of this novel : )

I give all the highest credit points to the characters, they're fun and cool.... But yeah, because of their mettle and fiery nature, I'll be willing to tolerate anymore of their exaggerations, though seriously, I don't want to read another more pissing old man, instead, let all jokes on be Dragon King misunderstood as a Loli King and have more mayhem between Anedashi and Ai. The childhood friend; more than family less than rival vs. the Disciple Loli Fiance....LOL.

Great first volume overall. My target for now is to learn Shogi before the Anime airs.
Oct 15, 2018 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
I'm really enjoying this, despite knowing next to nothing about shogi. I guess I'll try to learn a bit more about the rules of shogi, then move onto the next volume. The art was great, the characters are very charming, and there's lots of tension and energy in the shogi matches, so I'm really looking forward to it.

More topics from this board

» its worthing reading ln ?

kuro-kun3001 - Mar 11, 2020

6 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Dec 2, 2022 6:06 AM

» What counts as a chapter?

RayRaivern - Sep 25, 2021

0 by RayRaivern »»
Sep 25, 2021 6:03 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Volume 11 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 24, 2020

2 by _Ako_ »»
Dec 11, 2020 12:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Volume 3 Discussion

CapsulateRhyme8 - Nov 10, 2018

2 by Adizcool »»
Nov 17, 2020 3:16 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Volume 10 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 24, 2020

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 24, 2020 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.