Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 5, 2017 2:58 PM

Jan 2017
Don't hate me, I like Clannad: After Story and Karin. :/
Dec 5, 2017 3:01 PM
Jan 2016
Sukitte Ii na yo, Mahoutsukai no Yome, and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime immediately come to mind.

Anything that gives me at least one emotional hug scene is a keeper.
Dec 5, 2017 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
Haven't watched much romance anime but really love my little monster
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2017
If we're talking about romance as a topic, then Gekkan Shoujo and Love Lab are good suggestions imo

If we're talking about shows where romance actually takes place:

Working and Kaichou wa Maid sama have some really good romantic developments between the main couples, so does Mayo Chiki and Kokoro Connect

If you're looking for ones that have couples at the beginning/middle then School Days Plastic Memories, Tsuki ga Kirei or Golden Time are pretty good

For darker ones, White Album 2 is probably one of the best options available. There's also Yosuga no Sora, but that's just borderline Hentai at the end of the day

Gokuvich said:
Cory in the house is the best romance anime 10/10

Here's me thinking it was a psychological thriller :/
Dec 5, 2017 3:46 PM

Oct 2017
I haven't watched that much Romance anime so my favorite ones are the ones that have a higher rating and popularity because that's where I watch my anime first. So... Kimi no Na wa, Your Lie in April and Clannad: After Story. Been adding a lot of other romantic anime in my list so I'm looking forward to being exposed to those.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Dec 5, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2017
Your Lie in April and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 3:51 PM

Sep 2015
kare kano, and lovely complex, and they're a 7/10 at best
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 5, 2017 4:00 PM

Mar 2017
I like the cute ones, like Ao Haru Ride and Tsuki ga Kirei, the stories are so peaceful. But ao haru ride you need to read the manga or at least the ova.

Toradora is good, but the tsundere thing is so bad...
Dec 5, 2017 5:07 PM

Jul 2017
Nodame Cantabile also this doesn't have romance as the genre but Hyouka
Dec 5, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2015
Nisekoi because I haven't really seen any other pure romance which make me feel this much for a certain ship.
Dec 5, 2017 10:37 PM
Apr 2016
"Planetes"
not the only one the best
but
get into the top 10 of the best romance anime genre in my opinion
Dec 5, 2017 10:43 PM

Dec 2013
TheEyeOfSa said:
there is no such thing as a romance anime

LOL, pretty much. The Japanese largely avoid real romance like the plague, even in their dramas. Probably a good decision on their part. There's a few good ones though - NANA, H&C, Ikkoku, WA2...
Dec 5, 2017 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
School Days, because I can highly appreciate a tragic story where the characters don't get what they want and where things can go in the worst way possible. I can enjoy happy endings, but I prefer the bittersweet and tragic routes because it shows that the creators aren't just blindly placating their audience with the usual happy-go-lucky ending. Besides, as much shit as I can give them, visual novels are a thing. If you want your happy ending, go for it.

Dec 5, 2017 10:44 PM
Sep 2016
My Love Story because this anime in general is just so pure! Takeo x Rinko make a great couple! ^_^
Dec 5, 2017 10:50 PM

Aug 2016
Tsuki Ga Kirei, makes me nostalgic of my time in highschool and has the typical highschool romance which I really enjoy, and also doesn't drag on the romance like most romance shows do (typical MC does nothing for 9/10s of the show then confesses at the last episode and boom the shows over). Also has a sense of realism in the setting, and how the characters interact with each other.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Dec 5, 2017 10:51 PM

Aug 2016
Highest rated romance: Haruhi movie and Monogatari Series: Second Season

But I don't think of them as romance first shows and the romance bits weren't the reason why I liked them.

I guess in terms of favorite romance as in I actually like the show because of the romance aspect mainly, then

B-Gata H-Kei (Yamada's attempts were funny to see) and Spice & Wolf (chemistry and interaction between the two)
Dec 5, 2017 11:07 PM

Feb 2015
There are some aspects that I enjoyed when I watched Amagami SS, mainly of course the format of the series. And, I also kinda liked Working to the point that I rewatch the series. Servant x Service is kinda short so I would like it to have more.

Lastly, how can I forget @tragedydesu?! Of course I wouldn't!

Dec 5, 2017 11:09 PM

Feb 2014
Spice and Wolf
Cross Game
Maison Ikkoku
RahXephon
Dec 5, 2017 11:18 PM

Aug 2017
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - didn't end the way I wanted it to(my ship sunk) but was a really great and enjoyable anime overall, with lots of good comedy and romance moments.
Dec 5, 2017 11:33 PM

Aug 2015
Hakuoki. Otome adaptations are usually pretty shit but this one was okay for me, and very enjoyable. Really was the catalyst to me loving historical fantasy.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Dec 6, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
Dear Brother
Glass Mask
Maison Ikkoku
Rose Of Versailles
Dec 6, 2017 5:48 AM

Oct 2015
Nagi No Asukara

Pretty Dynamic relationship between all main characters
Dec 6, 2017 6:42 AM

Nov 2017
Trust and Betrayal has good romance. It's my favorite OVA.
Dec 6, 2017 7:19 AM

Jul 2017
I haven't really watched a whole lot of romance anime but from the ones I have seen, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Not a lot of nonsense in their relationships, enjoyable story, decent characters and peculiar atmosphere.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Dec 6, 2017 7:33 AM

Aug 2015
I rarely like pure romance story so.. My choice is Akatsuki no Yona.. The emotions rollercoaster keeps making me addicted! Whether it's the romance or the plot, it's just awesome! XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Dec 6, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
Toradora, it was the first anime to have me crying oml it was good.
Dec 6, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2017
LucisCaelum said:
Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, easily.

So pleased when I heard someone mentioned this GOAT work...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 6, 2017 7:59 AM
Aug 2017
The Meloncholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya...

I don't watch alot of romance anime lol
Dec 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Sep 2017
Cross game and the melancholy of haruhi sizumiya,
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2016
- Ef A Tale of Memories and Melodies. I like it, because it presents story of multiple couples
- I also like Byousoku 5 Centimeter, because it shows realistic love story.
Dec 6, 2017 4:53 PM

Dec 2017
Golden Time for sure, because its freaking amazing
Dec 6, 2017 4:56 PM
Sep 2017
Hesitation said:
Tsuki Ga Kirei, makes me nostalgic of my time in highschool and has the typical highschool romance which I really enjoy, and also doesn't drag on the romance like most romance shows do (typical MC does nothing for 9/10s of the show then confesses at the last episode and boom the shows over). Also has a sense of realism in the setting, and how the characters interact with each other.

Yesss! I loved that anime. I really liked the way they ended it too. I thought it was the most perfect way to end it
Dec 6, 2017 6:18 PM

Nov 2008
Jersie said:
Don't hate me, I like Clannad: After Story and Karin. :/

Nobody's gonna hate you. XD

Nice to see someone mention Karin; that show is too damn cute. XD

I'd like more light-hearted vampire shows like that....

Dec 6, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
REC. Ten short 12 minute episodes that are better than any longer romantic comedy/drama series out there.
KruszerDec 6, 2017 7:51 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 7, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
The anime "Rumbling Heart" from 2003 is a really good romance and one of my personal favorites.
Dec 7, 2017 1:21 PM
Mar 2013
NANA is my top romance anime. I like how it includes other factors in a romance in a way that it engages me in a very emotional way which to me is the primary quality of a good romance anime. It is bittersweet just like how most romance stories go irl. It greatly lives up to its theme which is music and has great voice acting in majority of its cast led my Romi Park. It has a lot of characters both men and women can relate on.

My only complaints or things that I wish could have been better is art style and animation but seeing that it is an old anime and a shoujo one on top of that, I could very much tolerate these given how awesome the story and execution is. Another one would be a continuation. It has been over a decade and a chances of it having its conclusion is very slim to this time.

As much as I want Ai Yazawa to recover so badly so she can conclude NANA herself and hope to get the anime's continuation after the manga, I hope that she just let someone that is qualified for her do it just out of fear that we'll never get to have the continuation and conclusion many fans have been waiting for so long.
Dec 7, 2017 2:05 PM

Dec 2013
Yven said:
NANA is my top romance anime. I like how it includes other factors in a romance in a way that it engages me in a very emotional way which to me is the primary quality of a good romance anime. It is bittersweet just like how most romance stories go irl. It greatly lives up to its theme which is music and has great voice acting in majority of its cast led my Romi Park. It has a lot of characters both men and women can relate on.

My only complaints or things that I wish could have been better is art style and animation but seeing that it is an old anime and a shoujo one on top of that, I could very much tolerate these given how awesome the story and execution is. Another one would be a continuation. It has been over a decade and a chances of it having its conclusion is very slim to this time.

As much as I want Ai Yazawa to recover so badly so she can conclude NANA herself and hope to get the anime's continuation after the manga, I hope that she just let someone that is qualified for her do it just out of fear that we'll never get to have the continuation and conclusion many fans have been waiting for so long.

Yeah an adaption of the ending would have put an exclamation point on the realism element - the area where it really succeeded and nearly all rom anime fail. But my understanding is that the final chapters are depressing in big way, which makes me doubt any studio will tackle it for the sake of completion.
Dec 7, 2017 2:22 PM
Mar 2013
Gymkata said:
Yven said:

Yeah an adaption of the ending would have put an exclamation point on the realism element - the area where it really succeeded and nearly all rom anime fail. But my understanding is that the final chapters are depressing in big way, which makes me doubt any studio will tackle it for the sake of completion.

If FMP's continuation was not announced and Berserk continuation did not happen, I probably would have lost any little bit of hope I have for NANA's continuation so I'm still holding on along with Suzumiya, Bleach, HOTD and other shows I currently don't remember but hoping to have a continuation of.
Dec 7, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
ef: A Tale of Melodies., Kokoro Connect, Kimi no Iru Machi & WA2.

Properly on purpose.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Dec 10, 2017 11:08 PM

Jul 2017
There are a lot on my PTW list so I'll update the list later... Does it must have romance in its genres? Because if not then...

1. Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
2. Angel Beats!
3. Toradora!
4. Kimi no Na Wa
5. Golden Time
6. Nagi no Asukara
7. Kyoukai no Kanata
8. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
9. Tamako Love Story

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Dec 11, 2017 1:19 AM

Jun 2016
I think Yahari no comedy for me Is the best so far.

Dec 11, 2017 3:15 AM
Dec 2017
Your Name should be my pick. It's nice and heart warming and is every to follow.

Dec 11, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2017
Arakawa Under The Bridge and The World God Only Knows.
"The cycle of life continues. They will live, they will die"
Dec 11, 2017 7:05 AM

Feb 2017
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

Well that isnt pure romance, though they do start thinking about it. But i guess Hachiman isnt so easy to give in to any of them.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Dec 11, 2017 7:16 AM

Feb 2016
1.Toradora
2. Clannad AS
3. Itazura Na Kiss

I liked Clannad AS and Itazura Na Kiss because they're the only anime I've seen that actually develops the relationship further than usual. They both follow them into adulthood and explored their lives after Highschool.

Toradora isn't like this but it's just a personal favorite of mine.
Dec 11, 2017 7:21 AM
Feb 2017
Toradora is one of my top anime in general, not just romance. But it beautifully tells its story, which is fairly basic, in an engaging way. It also has one of the greatest kissing scenes in all of anime, which is something a lot of shows shy away from.

Eureka Seven is also brilliant. It's not a romance in the traditional sense, but at its core it most definitely is.

Kimi Ni Todoke. Just watched this recently. Great characters, genuinely funny show.
Dec 11, 2017 7:50 AM

May 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2927/Kimikiss_Pure_Rouge is my #1 Favourite Anime 4 ever too.
Dec 11, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
FrozenLich said:
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

Well that isnt pure romance, though they do start thinking about it. But i guess Hachiman isnt so easy to give in to any of them.

I only watch few romance anime from Yahari no comedy,Orange and Re life. So I got few choice,so I think Yahari no comedy the best despite little romance It still romance anime I think.

Dec 11, 2017 9:18 AM
Aug 2017
Dunno about rimance genre maybe Toradora, Sakurasou, Kimi no Todoke, Ouran High, Ao Haru Ride etc
Is it include rimance genre ?
Dec 11, 2017 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Shicchi said:
youseiki said:
Can I put Romantic Subplot Anime... like Gintama, I know that it's just a ship tease but Tsukoyo and Gintoki moments is freaking killing me, same for Kagura and Sougo

As much as I love romantic subplot, Gintama is probably the only anime I hope to not include any serious romance lol
I thought it would ruin the tone of the show. The romance subplot better off played as comedic unless it involve non-recurring characters (like that one arc about the legendary courtesan).

Same. Not for Gintama.
I'm in this weird state that for example Yato and Hiyori are really one OTP, but even I don't want them to become canon atm, because I have to admit that every possible situation, in which this could happen, would be just forced and... bad? ^^"
I also like Elias and Chise - platonic. I like this platonic and little-bit-more-vibes, but they shouldn't do so much more about them. It's absolutely perfect the way it is.
Some hints are better, when the stay as subtle hints and some pairs are more logical and better with a sad and / or bad ending for them.
*things I would have never said as a teenager* xDD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 5 hours ago

15 by Starchaser »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

169 by Jackson1333 »»
10 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

6 by Nirinbo »»
11 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - 1 hour ago

6 by MedK001 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.