Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 5, 2017 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
I actually read this as

Dec 5, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2016
It depends on how many episodes I've got left
Plus sometimes it's nice to have something to cringe to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 3:22 PM
Aug 2015
Hell yeah, I think you can learn a lot about what makes an anime good by seeing what goes wrong in terrible ones.
Dec 5, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2017
I'm going to power through anime I don't enjoy just to rate/review it. Kind of strange but I don't want to score an unfinished anime in case there are some things at the end that could change my opinion about it, although I'm sure that's really rare.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Dec 5, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2015
as ong as it's on an illegal streaming site, so you don't gib them you momeys

but seriously I think it's fine, and writing reviews of how shit it is, makes it cathartic in a sense
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 5, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
I do that every time so it's ok, and the best thing about it? You can feel how it feels like gettin' torture

English is my second language
Dec 5, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, I guess, but a +1 completion is not worth hours of boredom and/or mental torture. I'd just drop it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 5, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2017
I'd say its worth taking the risk to finish a series. There may be a chance that it could become your favorite series- and if not that then maybe at least having one of your favorite scenes in anime.
Dec 5, 2017 11:09 PM

Sep 2015
What's the point of watching something you don't clearly enjoy?
I'm simple: I don't like, I drop (or put it on hold just in case if I want to give a second chance)
Dec 5, 2017 11:11 PM

Nov 2017
course not.. i mean whats the point?

unless you're friend suggest you to watch it ..
or ur a blogger that wants to review anime for a living
Dec 5, 2017 11:12 PM

Feb 2015
Is it ok to finish anime you enjoy? Pretty much what's your asking but different approach.
Dec 5, 2017 11:17 PM
May 2017
Yes.

What's a few lost brain cells mean in the long run?
Dec 6, 2017 12:05 AM

Aug 2009
Well, I managed to power through a season of Queen's Blade. Didn't hate it. It was just boring compared to at least three other action-ecchi shows that I watched.

Dec 6, 2017 12:11 AM

Dec 2014
It's up to you. If you don't enjoy an anime ask yourself: is there somrthinh I still want to see.

Foe example: I hated Casshern Sins a lot, but still I kept watching it through the very end just to know some details about the main plot + the mystery elements of the show.

But dont force too hard. No one in the right mind would watch a long runner show just to kmow weather X supporting character will get a sidestory with Y supporting character.
Dec 6, 2017 12:14 AM

Jan 2016
It's okay if you like to waste your time and be masochist.

Nah, just watch 20+ seasonal anime like me.
Dec 6, 2017 12:19 AM
Nov 2013
It's okay to finish them, just kind of baffling if you're not having a good time
Dec 6, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2015
nothing wrong to drop those anime which you can't enjoy .
Dec 6, 2017 5:41 AM

Jun 2017
I personally don't have that many dropped animes, purely because even though I really didn't like some of the ones I completed, I can still laugh at how bad they are = I actually still kinda enjoy them. Ousama game is a great example of that. A show so bad it's actually good in a way.
But obviously when something bores you to the death and you're struggeling through every episode, why would you continue?

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Dec 6, 2017 5:43 AM

Nov 2017
No, you're not an idiot. I mean they're seasonal shows so it's easier to watch them on weekly basis. An idiot is the one who even binge watch and never drops a minimum of 24-ep anime knowing it's bad/boring already just for the sake of hating it. LIKE ME lol but that's from the past, I never bother anymore because my time is precious.
Dec 6, 2017 6:13 AM

Jul 2012
No. The anime police will come hunt you down.
Dec 6, 2017 6:36 AM

Dec 2017
No, not at all, better drop it, it's not enjoyable for you anymore.
Dec 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
I always finish an anime that I start. The only case which I didn't, was Berserk (2017), because it was too painful to me, since I am a fan of the real Berserk series.

Some of them were painful to finish, like Log Horizon, Ergo Proxy, Fairy Tail and Soul Eater... But I finished them anyway.

Still a waste of time though. Especially Fairy Tail... Oh my, the regret...
"I died long ago. This is just a bad dream"
Dec 6, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
Gator said:
No, you're just as dumb as I am. Welcome to the club.

+1

Ulquiorra said:

It also helps you understand what you should avoid in the future.

+1

There's always the forever on-hold option...
Dec 6, 2017 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
No30 characters limit mou exeis prhksei ta arxidia
Dec 6, 2017 1:23 PM

Sep 2017
Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? Don't pick it up if you know you wont finish it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
No, it's not okay. You'll go to jail.

Dec 6, 2017 3:40 PM
Dec 2017
I personally just drop the anime. I get very tired of watching it and there it goes...

Honestly I would recommend you not to continue watching that anime (especially fi you don't like it). No one is making you watch it... right?
Dec 6, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
I don't drop things because I feel like I'm going to go through my Dropped list and try to watch everything in there for real eventually, even if it's really bad. I've finished some really terrible anime because of this compulsion. I try not to cheat by deleting the entry, but it's happened once or twice where my friends are watching something with me and I just have to drop it because before I knew it we never got back to it.

Also I feel like it's a waste of time to invest so much time into something and not see it to the end. Sunk cost fallacy got me bad.
Dec 6, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it depends. Anime in my opinion is different from TV shows or western cartoons in terms of consecution and predictability, most of good anime just physically can't bait you with only one episode. There is one example where 99% of first episode were typical silly comedy but then in the very end it opened its hidden motive, it was a real surprise to me since I don't like to read about anime because of spoilers. So I have a rule of 3 episodes, in common it's enough for understanding the tendency of your typical 10+ ep anime, of course if it's 23+ ep anime then it's a right thing to watch about 6 ep. There was even one anime which I didn't like for about a half of episodes but second half of anime was much better to me, so it was worth it. Sometimes anime can be extremely bad, it could be just opposite to your taste, your interests, your adequacy, your nerves but if it's something famous or extremely popular then finishing such garbage could be a principal thing when you start more analyzing (if you like such stuff) anime itself and destiny of responsible for this anime studio than just watching it in a casual way. Also, even though generic anime is better in terms of quality than a bad one, generic is still worse since you won't get any new experience, you'll just forget that bland anime when bad anime you'll remember for forever and could make some conclusions, open your mind - this is how you forge your individual taste, not only by good but also by bad things. One last thing, there are no anything better than watching some good anime just after some bad because a good one will be as much better as how awful was a bad one.
Dec 6, 2017 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
For some people, not really.

Some others, yeah.

For me: Eh, not my issue, but if you want to take my two cents on it: No it's not alright. Though if you're watching it to give some legit criticism rather than doing the sake of hating for the sake of it, then yeah that's really a waste of time.

Like how I'm doing it with Inuyashiki this season. I dislike it yes, but since I do want to discuss this series with some people, I do wanna give my two cents on it, especially given the praise and out of my curiosity I wanted to see it myself. Even with the fact that I did gave a promise to some people that I would give it a chance and see, and that's really all up to me.

Dec 6, 2017 4:53 PM

Jul 2015
If you feel like you gained nothing than just drop it.
Dec 6, 2017 7:37 PM

Jun 2016
I do the same thing, especially with airing ones I rather just finish it than straight up drop it. The only time I really drop anime is if the first episode was horrible.
Dec 6, 2017 7:45 PM
Jul 2013
Usually, yes. Sometimes I stick with shows because their story has the potential to get better though.
Dec 6, 2017 8:33 PM

Nov 2017
Depends. I didn't care for Ergo Proxy but I recently watched all of it. I'm not liking Diebuster at all, but I'm planning on finishing it. But Freedom and Appleseed XIII I dropped within seconds because I knew I couldn't handle the torture.
Dec 6, 2017 9:25 PM

Nov 2014
It's perfectly okay.

To be honest I feel like people who force themselves to watch an anime series they don't like either 1. Treat watching anime like a Job - 2. Are just doing it to get another anime under their belt or 3. Watching it because it's a Mainstream series and they feel pressured to watch it because everyone else is

If you're uncomfortable dropping a series then most likely cause some inkling in you is worried about what other people will think but as an anime watcher you shouldn't be ashamed of dropping a series. At least you tried it. Not every series is gonna be for you.

In my opinion, for every anime you waste your time forcing yourself to watch, there is an anime that you could be loving every minute of.

Everyone just likes what they like and watching anime should be fun not a chore.
okkoberriesJan 21, 2018 8:15 PM
Dec 6, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
I'm a completionist so I always feel terrible dropping an anime.
Hell ... I even finished the entire Yugioh series despite it not having the same effect on me like it did when I was younger (Gee that was unexpected ^^)

And ofcourse it's okay to drop it, nobody's forcing you to finish an anime you clearly don't enjoy.
Dec 6, 2017 9:36 PM

Nov 2015
RafaelCLP said:
In the past I'd just finish everything, even if just to have the right to say it's bad. I hate when my friends watch one or two episodes and already say that anime is shit and drop it. Some anime don't change much after those first episodes, but others start slow and then get quite exciting, and that's why I feel it's important to give an anime a chance before criticizing it.

I'm kind of the same way. I don't like to drop series, cause I feel like I haven't given it the chance to get better. Even if it is bad, though, sometimes I just want to finish it to be able to give it a low score. Out of all the stuff I've completed, I've never scored anything below a 6, and I realized that's because I end up dropping series that would have those lower scores. Call me a masochist, but sometimes I force myself through bad series just to be able to say 'yeah, I watched that, and it was terrible'
oryouohagi said:
Well, there is probably a reason why you keep watching them, maybe out of habit or something.
If you don't like it, just drop it. You can always give it a second chance later.

I agree with that. Sometimes, I'll watch a bad series just because I'm bored. Once in a while, I'll pick up a dropped series, and just watch a few episodes, to see if I'm interested in starting it up again. I wouldn't say I drop things permanently, just that I'll watch them at an extremely slow pace

Call me a perfectionist, but I will force myself though a bad series if I know there is a good season later. The only shows I pick up after dropping are the ones where I know the series gets better. I dropped the first season of Fate/stay night, but picked it up again because I was interested in watching Unlimited Blade Works (and the rest of the fate series).
Dec 6, 2017 9:39 PM

Sep 2017
It is ok to do whatever you want as long as you're not breaking the law or something like that.
Dec 7, 2017 12:37 AM

Aug 2012
If your a masochist that likes grueling over anime then sure.
Dec 7, 2017 1:39 AM

Apr 2017
I’m somewhat like a completionist when it comes to anime and manga, so I absolutely hate dropping them. More often than not, I end up completing it because I didn’t want to leave it unfinished. Unless it’s absolutely offputting and not suiting my tastes to the point where I can’t even stand it.
Dec 7, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
I think it is ok to finish an anime you don't enjoy. Especially if it hilarious bad. For example "Mars of Destruction".
Dec 7, 2017 2:06 PM
Mar 2013
Not everything we don't enjoy isn't entertaining or doesn't pick on our curiosity so I don't see any reason not to finish an anime like that. I am also currently watching Ousama Game, Evil or Live and I've finished Mayoiga too when it was airing all because I was curious enough to see how they will go and how bad an anime could get regardless if the studio or production behind them has successful works in past.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

25 by Gator »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

29 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

87 by Gator »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.