Forum Settings
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 4, 2017 1:40 AM
Oct 2017
On which chapter does season 1 of anime ended. Please can you tell me what happens after that.
Dec 4, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
The anime tended to jump to jump back and forth between multiple chapters, so I think the best chapter to start is probably chapter 35. At this point it should be at the end of her first year and moves on to the second year.

Without trying spoil things, lets just say that alot of big changes occur with Tomoko's interactions with others, mostly for the better; the comedy is still great, but I will say that the cringe levels start to lower a bit (though trust me there's still alot of that).

Currently (as of chapter 125), the manga is on her third year.
Mar 2, 2018 8:47 PM

Nov 2017
I'm still waiting for the season 2 they promised us for 2016 they never brought up again. Maybe Silver Link is just waiting for the Manga to finally end so that they can have the season 2 and complete it so that they don't run into complications like they did with the first season. Hell with the pacing, we'd probably get a 24ep Season as well due to time.
Mar 3, 2018 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
TheSupremeXtream said:
I'm still waiting for the season 2 they promised us for 2016 they never brought up again. Maybe Silver Link is just waiting for the Manga to finally end so that they can have the season 2 and complete it so that they don't run into complications like they did with the first season. Hell with the pacing, we'd probably get a 24ep Season as well due to time.

I don't think the Blu Ray release did all that well in Japan, so I highly doubt we'll be getting another season.
Mar 4, 2018 9:25 AM

Nov 2017
StormSky92 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

I don't think the Blu Ray release did all that well in Japan, so I highly doubt we'll be getting another season.

The Blu Rays didn't but the Ratings during airings did. It took the whole internet by storm back in '13-'14.
Mar 4, 2018 10:49 AM

Dec 2017
Yeah, I wish there was another season for watamote.
Mar 27, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2017
Watamote S2 is the new HL3! They told us it was gonna come out in 2016 but haven't said shit about it since 2014! What Gives?
Apr 3, 2018 10:32 AM

Mar 2012
TheSupremeXtream said:
I'm still waiting for the season 2 they promised us for 2016 they never brought up again.

TheSupremeXtream said:
They told us it was gonna come out in 2016 but haven't said shit about it since 2014! What Gives?
Got a source for that promise?
Apr 3, 2018 5:26 PM

Nov 2017
It was in the OVA I believe. They promised a S2 for it and some reports say they were considering a 2016 release but Silver Link hasn't said anything since 2014 so yeah.
Apr 4, 2018 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
TheSupremeXtream said:
It was in the OVA I believe. They promised a S2 for it and some reports say they were considering a 2016 release but Silver Link hasn't said anything since 2014 so yeah.
I believe I would have remembered if there was an explicit promise of a second season (as opposed to vague teasing) in the OVA, but I don't have the time to check right now so I'll let this slide for now. As for "some reports" about a 2016 release, with all the unsubstantiated rumours going around on English language anime sites you're gonna need to be more specific. If it's not from the creators/producers themselves there's zero reason to believe it.
Apr 6, 2018 10:08 PM

Jul 2008
TheSupremeXtream said:

The Blu Rays didn't but the Ratings during airings did. It took the whole internet by storm back in '13-'14.

This thread on reddit explains it really well

https://www.reddit.com/r/watamote/comments/803mvj/was_there_something_happened_with_watamote_series/

but basically WataMote has never been very popular in Japan, and never had very good sales.

The changing format of the series recently (introducing a yuri harem, becoming less cringe/gag comedy and more SOL, upping the active number of characters) has helped it increase its appeal a bit.

I think a second season is near impossible tbh.
Apr 7, 2018 8:41 AM

Nov 2017
GarLogan78 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/watamote/comments/803mvj/was_there_something_happened_with_watamote_series/

but basically WataMote has never been very popular in Japan, and never had very good sales.

The changing format of the series recently (introducing a yuri harem, becoming less cringe/gag comedy and more SOL, upping the active number of characters) has helped it increase its appeal a bit.

Well actually according to the trends it seems like Watamote is Spiking in Popularity again in Japan from since around last year when all of the Yuri Harem Comedy started happening:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=%E3%83%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A2%E3%83%86

Hopefully, this means that we could get the potential of getting at least another OVA since its started to gain a lot of momentum lately!
Apr 7, 2018 12:52 PM

Jul 2008
TheSupremeXtream said:
GarLogan78 said:

Well actually according to the trends it seems like Watamote is Spiking in Popularity again in Japan from since around last year when all of the Yuri Harem Comedy started happening:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=%E3%83%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A2%E3%83%86

Hopefully, this means that we could get the potential of getting at least another OVA since its started to gain a lot of momentum lately!

I'd say manga volume sales are a way better indication of future adaptations than google trends or internet buzz.

Does anyone have a link/info about sales per volume?
Apr 7, 2018 1:50 PM

Nov 2017
GarLogan78 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

I'd say manga volume sales are a way better indication of future adaptations than google trends or internet buzz.

Last I checked Watamote started spiking in popularity again and making somewhat of a comeback in terms of sales but that was last year so I don't know how much it's changed since then.
Apr 7, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2008
TheSupremeXtream said:
GarLogan78 said:

Last I checked Watamote started spiking in popularity again and making somewhat of a comeback in terms of sales but that was last year so I don't know how much it's changed since then.

Yeah I am curious about the total sales numbers per volume from 1-12.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 222 Discussion

waalex11 - Mar 27

4 by jordsta95 »»
Apr 14, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 221 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Mar 6

3 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Mar 6, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 220 Discussion

waalex11 - Feb 21

0 by waalex11 »»
Feb 21, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 219 Discussion

BlueBullet178 - Jan 14

1 by PsicoKenji »»
Jan 14, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 218 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Dec 6, 2023

4 by Retolee »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.