Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Major S1 Episode 18 Discussion

Mar 20, 2010 1:30 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH NO! Momoko's gonna fall for that bastard! FOUL!!! heh.

Oh well its an obvious choice. But they sure like to rotate Goro's parents around don't they. Other than that the whole Black Triangle thing was very anime but it cant be helped. Overall a good ep.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire

Apr 12, 2010 11:46 AM

why didn't he use the changeup when they hit 3-2 in the second runthrough?

Ranivus said:
OH NO! Momoko's gonna fall for that bastard! FOUL!!! heh.

Oh well its an obvious choice. But they sure like to rotate Goro's parents around don't they.

he's not really a bad guy, but I can't really get on board with the idea of him replacing Goro's dad. I just hope his mom doesn't die after this :/
Ranivus said:
the whole Black Triangle thing was very anime but it cant be helped.

yeah, hope we don't see much more of this :/

Jun 9, 2010 11:12 PM

geez I don't like this Shigeno x Momoko idea >_>
But I don't have logical reason to oppose it, and feel bad why just hate it

Apr 27, 2011 8:29 AM

Bah,too much luck in this game.Those suckers on Goro's team should improve sooner cuz it's just painful to watch this kind of two-men baseball.
jacobpaige said:

he's not really a bad guy, but I can't really get on board with the idea of him replacing Goro's dad. I just hope his mom doesn't die after this :/

Shigeno can always remarry after that.Then he could die himself and Goro's third mother would take care of him.
Now it's pretty much obvious that Momoko's gonna marry Shigeno(i'd love it if she didn't),I don't really see the point of his dad dying.Or even his mother.It kinda looks like their deaths were just intentional tearjerkers.Don't like that...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

May 28, 2012 1:31 PM

Eh yeah I have to agree with everyone I don't like the Shigeno x Momoko but I rather it be him than some random dude later on... I mean atleast he cares for Goro.. good episode though

Jun 22, 2012 9:01 AM

ChaosLegion said:
Bah,too much luck in this game.Those suckers on Goro's team should improve sooner cuz it's just painful to watch this kind of two-men baseball.
jacobpaige said:

Shigeno can always remarry after that.Then he could die himself and Goro's third mother would take care of him.
Now it's pretty much obvious that Momoko's gonna marry Shigeno(i'd love it if she didn't),I don't really see the point of his dad dying.Or even his mother.It kinda looks like their deaths were just intentional tearjerkers.Don't like that...

Pretty sure his dad dying is his primary motivation though. And, Mommoko has every damn right to be happy. Or, would you people like for her to grow old and alone?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

May 12, 2013 8:40 PM

Better him that say Gibson.

And I thought Goro had a change up already. Maybe its not ready yet.

Dec 21, 2013 2:05 PM

Define badass. Honda Goro. :) It's awesome seeing a pitcher who does clean up hitting!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 28, 2014 7:37 PM

Well shit, next episode is going to be awkward . . . Or rather the situation is going to be semi-awkward if Shigeno and Momoko start dating, although too be honest, it is weird that it has been three years and she still hasn't dated at all. I can understand why I suppose, but I mean she was only dating Goro's dad for like a few months tops. The mourning period is over 10 times the length of the period she was together with him . . .

Jun 26, 2015 6:24 PM

Well, honestly, I can't be mad at the MomokoxShigeno thing. It will probably feel like a betrayal of Shigeharu to Goro, but you know, she have been a monoparental mom for 3 years, with a son who don't always view her as his mom. She probably feel a bit lonely and don't want to stay alone for the rest of her life. How could I be mad in a situation like that?

On the match itself, who would have thought that Shimizu, the baseball klutz, would have been the hero? I mean, with Goro of course, since he kept them in the game and hit that homerun.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jul 20, 2015 8:36 PM

WolfWood37 said:
Better him that say Gibson.

could you imagine that.

rofl.

Aug 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Yay, great episode. Good pacing this game.

Aug 14, 2015 1:28 AM

minouneetzoe said:
who would have thought that Shimizu, the baseball klutz, would have been the hero?

I didn't like that. It really felt like "Hey look, girls too can do things !" ... She finally did something useful and it felt forced as hell.

I can probably endure that nickname nonsense for stupid techniques or formations when they're still kids. I mean, even real kids do that sometimes. But If they continue that later on it'll just be painful to watch.

Mar 21, 2016 3:04 AM

Really, did they actually win their first game because of luck -_- Not only was this arc a bit hard to watch because of the whole black triangle thing but then they end up winning because of errors. The fact that a 4th grader figured out that they should start bunting instead of their coach is a bit troubling as well >_>

Apr 15, 2016 4:57 PM

They won the game, way to go Shimizu,they would have lost without her.

Aug 26, 2016 12:21 PM

Well it's not entirely luck, it's just that Shimizu's poor hit managed to show a hole in their defense. In the end, Goro did win fair and square. Gibson would probably hate this match with passion though lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Aug 21, 2017 5:39 AM

I figured they should try bunting before even starting this episode, so I'm not sure why the coach didn't recommend it. I guess they didn't expect the infielders to be that bad?

Still, it was a nice episode.

I feel like some people in this topic are super unfun. Not all games are won through pure skill and grit; even pros can get a lucky (or unlucky) break. That's especially true for Little League. Further, the names and such didn't even register to me as something odd since they're kids. What is that to get annoyed over?

And finally, I think it's okay for Momoka to want to date Shigeno and even potentially marry him, but I also think she should give weight to what Gorou thinks about it while he's still a kid. Remarriages can be really tough on children, and it wasn't like this was something that was forced onto Momoka either. As an overall possibility I'm neutral on the matter; a lot of it would depend on how it played out.

Dec 9, 2017 5:01 PM

First victory, yay.

And Momoko finally decided to give love another chance?
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 15, 2018 1:08 AM
originanime

No mom, ok no problem. No dad, ok no problem! LOL

Feb 2, 2018 11:44 AM

Glad to see Shimizu being useful in a match for once. Also looks like it's time for Hoshino to date again.

Feb 22, 2018 11:05 AM

Since Gorou now calls Momoko "mum", does that mean that if Momoko gets married to Shigeno, Gorou would start calling him "dad"? :/