Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, what a party. It's like all the characters came together for the occasion and fun.

Seems the cat dude is still very popular with everyone. Looks like this episode took place more outdoors with some sports activities. Fun.

This girl is such an angel :o
Dec 3, 2017 6:26 AM

Apr 2010
So the club was shut down again.
With the question of how they will revive it this time.
The episode besides that point wasn't that good it seemed a bit like a over energetic sports anime.
And the characters where getting arrogant.
Dec 3, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2016
This anime just went full anime.
Dec 3, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
top 10 anime betrayals
Dec 3, 2017 7:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now this got interesting. Didn't see Nakano selling them out coming.
Dec 3, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2015
The club had a fun after party. They gave some advice to the other clubs about anime. The club is being shut down again because of sensei. Wasn't expecting Nakano to betray them.
Dec 3, 2017 8:14 AM
Jun 2015
Nakano being the one giving the most mature advice to Minoa is probably one of the biggest foreshadows this show is to give but no they made it to the point where no one suspects him.

This episode also confirms that Nakano knows Neko Senpai's existence - Episode 10 should be fully on Explaining some of the loose ends. Also the Yui Obata fanservice was not explained.
Dec 3, 2017 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
Nakano was a spy, yeah cool.
This anime was supposed to be a comedy, right?
If that's right, why do I always end up being angry after every episode?
The only good things are the OP and the ED, nothing more, I'm eagerly waiting for it to end.
Dec 3, 2017 8:19 AM
May 2015
What the fudge. Nakano what just happened to him...though I cant take this evil him angle seriously.
Maybe he's playing double agent. He'll be reformed, I know it. He seems to have a weak spot for Kai and Minoa.
Dec 3, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
Animegataris Episode 9 Impressions:

The new episode of Animegataris is absurdly good. The whole time I was watching this episode, I was filled with so many different emotions. It begins with Minoa influencing her best friend Yui into watching a sports anime called Saddle. Yui’s love for that anime influences the way she approaches track-and-field. Finally, to see Yui contribute something to the plot was great and intriguing after all the weirdly hilarious body teasing. The influences of anime to people, at first, seem fine. But then, when more clubs ask the anime club for advice, the way every school activity is approached to a direction I did not expect.

Now every club is doing their activities at a shonen-esque fashion, ranging from quoting famous lines, copying various body motions, and practically creating special moves/mechas from the robotics club. Minoa’s best friend goes as far as using robotic high-jump shoes to beat her world record in track-and-field. The anime club, aside from Minoa, is strangely approving the idea of anime influence for their school, which raises the popularity and gives their school its own identity. It is all so absurd, that I was laughing the entire time.

Seeing Minoa being the only one with any sanity left, I can feel her. The conversation between Neko to Minoa was pretty heartwarming and gives me some thought regarding anime. As someone who has started following seasonal anime since the beginning of 2017, I can conclude anime is a blessing. There are so many different emotional experiences you can gain from new anime that can influence a community of fans to do some insane things. I argue that the amount of absurd things that has been shown in the new Animegataris episode is actually less insane compared to what fans do IRL now. Animegataris has made me appreciate one of the greatest mediums even more.

I cannot end these episode thoughts without mentioning the last quarter. Nakano was manipulating Gomon into agreeing to the paycheck the local TV station provided after the interview. I thought to myself, what the f__k?!?! Then we cut to the segment where the anime club is about to be shut down again, only that the actual principal comes to approve the closing club idea. It turns out that Nakano betrayed the anime club and was serving the principal the whole time. I did not see this twist coming. Just what else does the principal have up his sleeve?
Given Nakano’s personality and tastes, he probably got a huge deal with the principal regarding idols. The episode ends on an unreal cliffhanger. I want the next episode of Animegataris RIGHT now! I WANT MORE!
Dec 3, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
Lol wtf, that was a weird plot twist. He always did seem kind of off, though.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 3, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
Damn 04:50 reminded me Inazuma ball from anime Princess Nine: Kisaragi Joshikou Yakyuubu, I bet not many even watch this yakyuu series.
valvravetruthDec 3, 2017 11:28 AM
Dec 3, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
Anime training catching on and the idol otaku betrayed them, sullying the name of idols everywhere :(
Dec 3, 2017 9:42 AM

Nov 2015
What were Neko and Nakano talking about? That repeating pan and sketch fillers don't forget the god rays.
Dec 3, 2017 10:18 AM
Jul 2012
I'm interesting in how this series will be concluded now with only 3 episodes left.
Dec 3, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2014
I like that they didn't just get shut down for shit advice and the ensuing chaos.

Fake Onoda watches Love Hina?
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 3, 2017 10:20 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Makes me wonder what would've happened if Minoa would have said something and would've called them to their senses...
Dec 3, 2017 10:46 AM
Apr 2014
Dont even know whats going on anymore. Its currently sitting at a 6 for me unless it can pull something decent for the last few episodes besides more cliches.
Dec 3, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Ofc the resident idolfag betrays the group
Dec 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
That was certainly one of the most wacky episodes so far. The ending came was a bit of a surprise, since Nakano hasn't shown any indication of being that type of person before now

Dec 3, 2017 12:38 PM

Oct 2017
this my shit right here tho bc i spent the whole episode being surprised at every turn like i could swear the ending would be like minoa bursting and suddenly telling everyone how she felt and that would be a fight motivation or something and then i thought the clubs going full anime shit would be a problem but no fuck that let's bring out the idol maniac and the principal that everyone forgot about. damn
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Dec 3, 2017 1:17 PM

Oct 2014
oh so the reason you've been building a ship for Minoa and that LL dude... is for the sake of this twist that is even more stupid then anything I could have ever imagined.
you build the up so that Minoa can play the ever-righteous main character who drags her best friend back to light? hoamm

sad...
and I enjoyed the references and everything else at the earlier part of this anime.
but yeah... somebody just had s*** taste, the writer is. -_-
what a way to dug your own graveyard, Animegataris :(

Takahashi Rie such an angel, btw.
Dec 3, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2017
Hmm, that was unexpected to say the least, well im all for plot twists so... Go Nakano!! Although i find it hard to belive he would betray his dear kittens like that. He has always been a litlle outsider, but to betray them? Well lets see how this progresses.
Neko-senpai is still this animes highlight for me.
Dec 3, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
That Nakano and sensei scene was hilarious. It reminded me of Light Yagami.
Dec 3, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous for this anime to parody awkwardness of other anime sport clubs methods, trying to act like this is the real world while they are using even worse antagonists tropes?

Yeah, the episode was over-the-top intentionally and didn't take itself seriously, there is no doubt about it, but as for its characters this episode did them a great disservice as most of them were OOC all the time. Honestly, with things like these they are actually undermining what's left of their creative effort to make us care about the club at all.
Dec 3, 2017 2:58 PM
Jul 2015
Nakano betrayed them.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 3, 2017 4:14 PM

Aug 2017
lol, wtf...so all the episode is kinda a build up to the plot twist at the end

The first half was kinda over the top with the way things began to escalate, I was actually thinking that the ep was gonna be about how bringing some anime things to the real life can actually be problematic. They really got me there...

Half of the episode they pull a Minoa x Nanako moment out of nowhere, I was like "wait what....". Then again, this is all to make the twist more impactful.

The one thing that keeps me thinking about this show is how they manage to use such cliche things like the ones on this episode, but since they are self-conscious about them or they comment about them in a way they justified its use. For example, the twist they use here didn´t surprise me but instead had me laughing for a while. It certainly came out of nowhere, and it´s one of the most used twists I've ever seen on anime, but then you have to consider that it is a comedy, and considering they made me laugh, can it be considered bad writing? even if they somehow fulfill their objective?

Anyway , 3 ep left so they prob gonna develop this and somehow put the promised apocalypse somewhere. I´m curious about how are they gonna end this.
Dec 3, 2017 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Where is that school. I wanna join it. How did the club's get the money to build theses things. The pyramid alone would cost about 100 million yen. And the robot prototypes, using battle mech in sports.
Dec 3, 2017 4:48 PM

Apr 2011
This felt so sci-fi and over-exaggerated compared to any previous episode? I seriously thought this was some sort of dream sequence but that didn't happen.

Instead, there was a nonsensical plot twist. Hmm, previous episodes were nice, but this one was just stupid.
Dec 3, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
this episode went full anime even more so than usual ,felt like Minoa was the only sane one this whole time

lowkey girlish number reference was good and the art quality bit lol.

can't help but hope that hat from the first episode has to do with everyone being overly tropey/evil towards the club
Dec 3, 2017 5:09 PM
Oct 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
The club had a fun after party. They gave some advice to the other clubs about anime. The club is being shut down again because of sensei. Wasn't expecting Nakano to betray them.

I didn't mind the plot development of Nakano betraying them but the rest of the episode was quite stupid. Sports teams modifying their training to match anime series with leg weights and robots was just stupid and cheating to boot. The show has been humming along nicely until this week when it "Jumped the Shark".
Dec 3, 2017 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Nakano true colours... Or should I say Aurora [?!]
Dec 3, 2017 8:23 PM

May 2010
It goes off the rails only to get back on them at square one. This is going to turn into 101 ways to shut down an anime club.
Dec 3, 2017 8:53 PM
Mar 2016
I don't get why everybody is annoyed by repeating attempts to shut down the anime club. Of course it will persistently happen when the principal persistently wants to close the club. I commend the school council president on attempting to prevent the existence of the anime club (by making them lose their motivation to create the club) but it didn't work. She also attempted to close the club by imposing ridiculous demands that are difficult to achieve but she also failed.
What is Nakano thinking? I think that's the big question this episode. And the main question I think is that what is the principal thinking.
anapeach said:
this my shit right here tho bc i spent the whole episode being surprised at every turn like i could swear the ending would be like minoa bursting and suddenly telling everyone how she felt and that would be a fight motivation or something and then i thought the clubs going full anime shit would be a problem
I also thought about that. However, Minoa was convinced (maybe not completely) by Nakano that what they are doing is right because it connects people and makes everyone happy, like how anime connects Minoa to her friends in the club and makes them happy. It's as if that's all that matters, even in real life. I think Minoa is not completely convinced by what Nakano said about it but she forced herself to be convinced since everybody is happy because of the anime she loved.
but no fuck that let's bring out the idol maniac and the principal that everyone forgot about. damn
I don't forget about them. I have no issue about the principal wanting to close the club that now kind of deserves to be closed even though I don't get why he wanted to close the club since Day 1. But I have an issue about Nakano. Why is he selling off his club?
QuattroVaginas said:
I like that they didn't just get shut down for shit advice and the ensuing chaos.
Real Onoda sings Hime, Hime, which is part of lyrics of an OP of the anime he liked.
crx07Dec 3, 2017 9:33 PM
Dec 3, 2017 11:25 PM
Jun 2017
ME (while watching the first few minutes): hahahahahaha.... application of anime in real life!!!!
Dec 3, 2017 11:48 PM
Jun 2017
ME (after watching the whole episode): 😠 😠 😠 😠 , That NAKANO pull off a KD!!! that one irritates me. when everything seems going well someone pulls of a KD and let their club to be shut down!!!
Dec 4, 2017 12:23 AM

Feb 2016
I'm happy about Nakano being a dick because I never liked him, and he was getting very close to Minoa lately and I don't like the idea of them ending up together, KaiKai is way better than him lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 4, 2017 1:30 AM

Jun 2008
Main moral of this episode:
Have a problem? Don't worry, there is an anime for that.
Dec 4, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2016
A depiction of everyday life of club members in a school applying the science in sports from anime to an anime about the benefits of anime in our everyday life. Dafuq did I just say. Hahaha. ANIMECEPTION!

Bruh, I feel so betrayed. I liked and trusted Nakano, but he's a fucking traitor. No wonder he's acting so fishy this episode. Ohmygod. Fuck you, Nakano! 😑

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
Okay this is getting a bit ridiculous. Not only the anime club is to be closed again, but Nakano ended up betraying them? What?!!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 4, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
Horrendously bored for most of the episode, but I actually didn't see that plot twist coming. Color me slightly interested.
Dec 4, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 2011
This episode is just went weird. All the clubs asked for advice from the anime club and the school went crazy. Also, did not expect Nakano's betrayal. Though he was very suspicious how he encouraged the adviser to accept money.

So what would happen now?
Dec 4, 2017 11:12 AM

Aug 2014
crx07 said:
QuattroVaginas said:
Real Onoda sings Hime, Hime, which is part of lyrics of an OP of the anime he liked.

Yeah, the anime is called Love Hime, and here they're singing Hina.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 4, 2017 6:16 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Kind of boring episode imo. I thought they would be shut down because of what they did to the other clubs.

Idol Man-senpai betraying came from nowhere
Dec 4, 2017 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
Hahaha, nice one Nakano. You betrayed the club. Can't wait to see what will happens in the next episode
Dec 4, 2017 7:49 PM
Jun 2015
I bet the principal was a alien because he diguise as a principal so he can take over not only the world but remove the world of otaku. On top of that, if that cute guy realize that the otaku world and the anime club is not bad, he will cut ties against that son of the principal and Tsubaki will do the same to regain her friendship and love for anime again! In addition, not only that son of the principal idiot use and malnipulate the cute guy and Tsubaki by giving them terrible orders, but the Principal tramples Tsubaki and Erika's friendship and making Tsubaki suffer, just like that stupid un-koi fish who has a terrible show about destroying the world by using the battle lovers and the conquest club as tools so they fight against each other and make Kinshiro suffer as well as his bromance with Atsushi from Binan-Bu Love!
Dec 5, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is the infamous betrayal of Nakano-sempai!
4/5.

Dec 5, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Oh man, that plot twist tho.
I mean, looking back he was kinda off. When he responded to Neko-senpai, the way he looked at that weird door opening in the classroom...

Dec 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2009
TOP TEN ANIME BETRAYALS!!! D; The ridiculousness of sports animes are well known ... probably why I don't really like them :P Still, seeing them influencing other clubs in the school was pretty funny XD Yui so cute :3 I just noticed she's listed as a "main character" on the MAL page :P Looks like the principal is getting involved now and Nakano was helping him to shut down the anime club? Sure didn't see that one coming ... although out of everyone in the club he was definitely the one that we knew the least about. Either way I wonder why he did that especially after what he said to Minoa. Nice Code Geass reference at the end there XD
Dec 5, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
Every reference omg 😲 😍 ❤
Nakano senpai nooo whyy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

90 by waalex11 »»
Mar 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

108 by bushman66 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2017

54 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

93 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

71 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.