Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode made me like Sword and Sophie's relationshp more. Previously, the two often got into silly bickering but now, they treat each other more as close friends. That insert song was also cleverly done.

I think deep down, Sword does care for Sophie a lot. This episode detailed their journey together.

Good episode, I'm really starting to feel connected to this show's relationship developments.

Dec 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
This was a nice laid-back episode. It furthers Sword and Sophie's friendship and got to see their journey to the west. They had a nice time together. The funeral was sad.
Dec 1, 2017 12:19 PM

Feb 2016
Sweet Episode, Sophie and Sword's chemistry is really heartwarming to see. I was expecting Sophie to cry soon, she was holding it all through this time until she finally let it out. This anime is getting better, good stuff
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 1, 2017 12:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the bike went SKKKKRRRAAAAA!! PA PA KA KA KA!
Dec 1, 2017 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
Never mind Kinos Journey, this episode is where the really journeys at
Dec 1, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
While I wish the journey wasn't just glanced over like that, I do like the parts about Sword and Sophie's relationship. They're a great sibling pair. You can tell that they bicker a lot but don't actually hate each other.

Anyone else wonder what will happen if they're going to El Dorado already? I don't feel like this show is done yet. Worried for a potential dark plot twist, a quick ending/dragged out ending, or anything else.
Dec 1, 2017 3:21 PM
Sep 2015
This is such a good journey episode, and on top of that we get to see three Sword shirtless scenes! How can he wake up without getting... that thing male usually get... Next episode look like Luke will become Makai Knight. By the way Luke's whole body is covered in emergency bandage done by Sword right? His whole body...
Dec 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Oct 2016
Sweet episode, needed for further development imo
I hope this show gets the 24 episode treatment, i fucking love Garo
AW S2 never.
Dec 1, 2017 4:11 PM
Dec 2014
Who else agrees that the King is clearly Sophie's brother I mean the show isn't doing a good job at hiding it, other then that good episode.
Dec 1, 2017 4:36 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was very nice episode. I really liked how Sophie and Sword are getting along better than before. The scene where they start to leave Russell City and go on their road trip was lovely given all the areas they pass through on their way. Having Sophie remember about Sister when she sees the deer she helped leave with her mother was pretty touching.

The ending was great as it showed two new faces along with the Knight. It's gonna be interesting to see what they can do.

Really looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 1, 2017 5:08 PM

Dec 2016
A nice road trip episode that definitely showed the growing bond between Sophie and Sword and I am totally okay with this episode after the animation showcase of the previous one!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 1, 2017 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
Road trip and melancholy. It's nice when stories give you a moment to catch your breath. In this episode, we were shown different facets of the world. This venture gives some of the characters an opportunity to bond and heal. The deer scene towards the end made me a little misty-eyed. Despite not much plot progression, this was one of my favorite episodes yet. It appealed to my slice of life proclivities.

Great episode.

5/5
aikaflipDec 2, 2017 4:55 AM
Dec 1, 2017 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Rooaaad trip! Not bad, but pretty dull. I would have liked a bit more character development if there's not going to be any fighting.
Dec 1, 2017 7:34 PM

Jun 2014
So the journey to El Dorado begins. I really liked how this episode showed that Sword does actually care for Sophie. Sometimes they argue and bicker, but he clearly cares about her. Sophie breaking down in tears after the deer was reunited with its mother was sad. Again, RIP badass nun (not gonna lie though, for some reason I thought the funeral at the beginning of the episode was for Luke at first).

Two new faces appeared at the end with the Knight. They seem interesting so I'm looking forward to seeing what they're capable of eventually.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 1, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2015
Whoa, 2 Anime updates today that taught about Life including this one. Though, this one is more like a "regret" part.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 1, 2017 8:04 PM
Dec 2010
nice post huge fight episode, love the character building
now people cant say the bond between Sophie and Sword isnt growing
anyone else surprised that the japanese version had english music in the background

Anyone else wonder what Fei Long meant about "giving up the west" this setting appeared to have been a standard metropolitan area but perhaps where here going is more like a war zone invested with horrors

im guessing these other two guys are queen and bishop looks like the villain rooster is gearing up
shadowiiDec 2, 2017 9:47 AM
Dec 1, 2017 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
Was okay.

Best part was the final scene where we saw some more top-shelf antagonists.
Dec 2, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2009
Nothing happened. At all. Only the last scene deserves any attention.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 2, 2017 4:36 AM

Jun 2013
Some people here have no heart I swear :'(

Very nice episode, I love it when character development gets a spotlight above action. It is a rare sight in these type of series.
Weakness is a sin!
Dec 2, 2017 8:02 AM

Jun 2016
I teared up when Sophie finally let her emotions out for Sister. Poor baby. And she hugged Sword and I find it so adorable, like Sword is his big bumble bear. :3

This episode is focused on Sword and Sophie travelling to get to El Dorado, and we were introduced with 2 new characters. Poor Knight got rekt by Sword. Hahaha. Yeah, man, Sword is coming for yo ass!

Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour.

5/5. <3

P.S. I hope we'll see a reference to these guys. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 2, 2017 9:44 AM
Dec 2010
Xeogran said:
Some people here have no heart I swear :'(

Eh dont be too judgmental, remember the hook of this show is watching guys in magic armor fight monsters.
Dec 2, 2017 10:04 AM
Nov 2017
To be honest... This anime is SO UNDERATED...
The story is simple and easy to understand...
The character is great.. not like anime this days... Act Cool, Being Dumb, or Being Annoying...
When I watch this series, Sword as MC, this guy is good... Not have personality like I said before... He just like normal adult that do his job for good of mankind...
I remember when I watch episode 1-4, it's absolutely looks like Supernatural TV series... I love those series TBH...
And about this Episode... it's pretty good, I know if you watch ALL the series full of Fight Monster, it's getting intense, but not impossible it's getting bored...
We know it's Action genre, but if you not put something about another Story beside Action/Killing Monster like this episode about Road Trip (Nice to see It's Not Flashback)... It's feel not color full for me...
For me... It's Great... Gonna give this episode thumb up...
And about next episode...
I can't wait for what happen to Swords against 3 Enemy ahead...
So this series should be on top same as level as BC/Inuyashiki/Juuni Taisen...
For Episode 9 I give it 4/5
Babayaga34Dec 2, 2017 10:10 AM
Dec 2, 2017 4:15 PM
Oct 2011
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour. Please be 2-cour.

This.
Really loving this show so far.
Dec 2, 2017 8:53 PM

Oct 2013
Vanishing Line playing with my heartstrings now, as Sophie stares at her friend having someone close to fall back on and later on even a deer setting off with his/her parent, while doesn't really have anyone now ~ or so she thinks.

And damn, Sword is just an all-round good guy, the way he tries to cheer Sophie up the best she can, even goes along with camping the night to keep the baby deer alive from the vulture.
Dec 3, 2017 4:53 AM

Jun 2016
DangerMouseDM said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

This.

A prayer circle for this beloved anime of ours to have 25 episodes!

Ugh. 1-cour ain't enough. And looking at its predecessors, all of it were 2-cour, so I hope this one, too.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 3, 2017 6:24 AM

May 2017
Howw tf did Chiaki managed to arrive at the desert diner before Sword and Sophie?
Dec 3, 2017 8:52 AM
Dec 2010
TsundeReaper said:
Howw tf did Chiaki managed to arrive at the desert diner before Sword and Sophie?

i wonder if its gonna turn out that she's really "the boss" and she's this seasons watchdog like the other seasons except somehow she can leave or move her area
Dec 3, 2017 10:05 AM
Aug 2014
2nd cour confirmed!!!
Dec 3, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
Sword is like Sophie's brother.
Dec 4, 2017 12:59 AM

Nov 2016
Laid back episode with some interaction between Sword and Sophie,that was cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2017 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
Sword & Sophie had some barren lands adventures!
They even saved a young deer!
That was a badass gas station with a badass sexy gas gurl with a badass fuel injector! COOL!
More villains up ahead!
OMG! Park Romi voice again? if I remember she also voiced Seimei from Garo: Guren no Tsuki & Emma Guzman from Garo: Honoo no Kokuin.
4/5.

Dec 5, 2017 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
TheDoggoneGirl said:
DangerMouseDM said:

This.

Ugh. 1-cour ain't enough. And looking at its predecessors, all of it were 2-cour, so I hope this one, too.

It's already been confirmd as 2 cour before this anime aired. They also announced the theme song for the second cour a few days ago.
Dec 5, 2017 11:25 PM

Jun 2016
Stark700 said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

It's already been confirmd as 2 cour before this anime aired. They also announced the theme song for the second cour a few days ago.

As always from the News Team of MAL. Wasn't aware that it was announced that it'll be 2-cour. What a great news for me! Haha. Thanks, maan. :D

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 7, 2017 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
Sophie and sword...hmm nice episode
Dec 12, 2017 5:08 PM

May 2014
Oh no, all the feels for Sister. :'( Poor Luke, getting beat like that must hurt more psychically than physically. Sword is still care free as always. I am never getting tired of seeing his hot naked body. I am just like kyaaa. 😍😍😍

So they are going after that dude to find El Dorado. Not bad idea. I am curious for Sophie's reaction after seeing her caring and loving brother being probably the King of El Dorado. If that's true, maybe the old geezer is right after all: "She may have been born under an unlucky star".

We get to see to other high class horrors that are protecting the king. The dude that lost is hype for more fighting. LOL, I can't see him winning. He will get his ass beaten again. ^^
Dec 12, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2014
bittersweetlove said:

More like the father she never had. :)
Dec 13, 2017 12:42 AM

Mar 2009
Fantastic breather episode. Sophie is adorable.
Dec 18, 2017 1:04 AM
Apr 2016
TsundeReaper said:
I wonder if they are all clones or maybe twin sisters like Nurse Joy from Pokemon?
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Dec 25, 2017 12:37 AM
Mar 2017
I did not understand, the "Monte Olivia" and "Cordillera Monterrey" are far away to see them so, the only thing that would make sense is that they are in "Tierra del Fuego> Argentina country" and have seen the "Mount Olivia" and next "Cerro Cinco Hermanos" ...
If the story "El Dorado" is supposed to be in Argentina, Los andes ... not in Mexico ... or maybe I'm lost xD

< image

What a pity that I'll have to wait a long time for an answer, I would have followed it when I was in broadcast
FireCrauterDec 25, 2017 12:45 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 25, 2018 9:56 PM

Jun 2017
Does anyone know the song that plays during their journey? The one with lyrics.
Dec 4, 2018 6:35 AM

Mar 2018
I enjoy the fact that they don't feel obligated to have a fight in every episode. This episode was cute.

Reminds me of the episode in one of the live-action Garo where the two main characters go to the magical world to see this flying fluffy dragon-like thing. (Which one was that from? Was it Makai Senki? I dunno...)
May 5, 2019 3:08 AM

Sep 2012
bittersweetlove said:

maybe like dad lol
Jul 13, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty cute to see Sword and Sophie like that, almost like a big brother and little sister

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.